Start by marking “That One Day (That One Series 1.5)” as Want to Read:
That One Day (That One Series 1.5)

That One Day

(That One #1.5)

One day.
One letter.
That’s all it took for my life to fall apart. Now all that’s left is deception and betrayal. I don’t know who I am anymore. I don’t know who to trust.

So I leave, searching for the truth hidden behind a web of lies.

The only thing I take with me, besides a bag of clothes, is the memory of one night. That one night with Frankie, my best friend’s little si
Published May 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about That One Day, please sign up.
Josie Wright Hi Lana,

Hi Lana,

the release date is set to May 6th. I can't wait to share it with you. It took me longer than I thought but I want to deliver the best book possible. (less)

Jessi
May 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-read, arc, romance
3.5 Stars

Ben gets devastating news that knocks his whole world off its axis. While washing down his sorrows with alcohol, in comes Frankie and a one night stand. Ben leaves a one word note and disappears for 18 months. The whole basis of this book is the consequences of that day. Some of them being really good, others not so good.

The concept of this book was good. The story flowed well and held your attention. Although I found is a little odd that Ben have been so close to Frankie's parents gro
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
When I first heard that this 1.5 book was coming out my first reaction was, why? I have read other books from another character’s POV and wondered why they had been written because they didn’t make sense and added nothing to the original story. I’m very happy to say that this is not the case with That One Day. This answers all the questions and fills in all the time lapses between Ben & Frankie.

I just felt so sad for Ben, he was so messed up and I think he did the right thing by leaving town
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
That One Day by Josie Wright
***4 Cranky stars***
Ben’s blindsided by the truths of his past, confused and angry. He pushes everyone he loves away, and bails out of town with not so much as a goodbye to anyone.

Given his grandmother’s home after her passing, he sets his sights on cleaning the place up. Along the way, he meets Allie, Jake and Mike. This hilarious and somewhat chaotic trio brightens Ben’s outlook on life, and he decides to try and make amends with loved ones, mainly Frankie, the gir
Marieke (Marieke's Books & Books and Tequila)
A couple of months ago I’ve read That One Night, the debut book by Josie Wright. It told the story of Frankie and Ben, from Frankie’s point of view. And although I had a few issues with the book, I really liked it. That One Day tells Ben’s side of the story.
“Two hours ago, I was oblivious to what the day had in store for me. Two hours ago, I didn’t know that this would be that one day that would change everything.”

Ben is your normal guy. He likes to hang out with his best friend Dave and has a
Cyndi Becker
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love “couple” stories told from both POV’s. Sometimes it works to have it wrapped up in one book and sometimes it’s better to have a book to one character. We were missing a year and a half of Ben’s life and so with That One Day we have a great example of how giving a character their own book works. While we learn what Frankie had been up to since Ben’s disappearance, it was only fair to give him a voice. All the better because I adore Ben. I loved him in That One Night, but here is ...more
Annamaria
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Four Amazing Stars! This is the second book in the That One Series and should be read in order, but can be read as a stand-alone novel. This book is told totally from Ben's point of view and gives us his perspective about why he ran. I enjoyed learning about his thoughts and ideas about why things happened. The author does an amazing job with this book and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I would definitely recommend reading both books in order to get the full experience of the story. I am looking forwa ...more
Jen
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start with the things I liked about this book. This wasn't a rehashing of everything that took place in the first book and simply told in Ben's point-of-view. Yes, we get that as well, but just enough to set the story and then, of course, what happens when he and Frankie see each other again. This answers the question as to how life was for Ben whil
Tina
May 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I received an arc of this book for an honest review. This story is Ben's POV of That One Night. While reading That One Night I really wanted to know Ben's POV. So when an arc of That One Day was offered to me and I was told it was Ben's POV, I jumped at the chance. It was really good to see how that letter he got from his grandmother's attorney led to him leaving town. A lot of it made sense. But there were parts that made me aggravated. I get being mad at his parents for lying to him but to go ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This book had me so frustrated! Men should NOT be allowed to think for themselves. Fact!
I do have empathy for him. It wouldn't be easy to come to terms with the news Ben receives. But Just. Bloomin. Listen! Listen to your Mum, let her explain. TALK to someone! Talk to your best mate, Dave! Talk to the girl you've been in love with secretly for years, Frankie. Don't run away. Certainly not after sleeping with her and sneaking out!
I was so exasperated with him. Who runs off and deactivates their e
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
When I met Ben in That One Night it took some time for me to warm up to him. There were so many unanswered questions, you know? Although his love for Frankie eventually becomes clear he remains somewhat of a mystery.

In That One Day we finally get his story. After getting news that would bring anyone to their knees, Ben begins a journey that will ultimately take him to the place he was meant to be. In the process he learns that there really are two sides to every story and that life is too short
Erica
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
That One Day is the second book in the That One series, this one being told from Ben's POV. I was thrilled to get to see things from his side, while I loved That One Night this one gives the reader more insight into Ben's thought process through everything.

Ben I loved from the beginning, even when I kind of wanted to despise him I found I couldn't.
He had some serious issues to overcome and while he handled it in a different way than I thought he should, he managed to come to terms with everythin
K.A. Graham
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
That One Day by Josie Wright
***4 stars***

So this is Ben’s book, and let me tell you, he’s all sorts of messed up and I loved it. He’s absolutely blindsided by the truth of his past, and coming to terms with it has proven a definite challenge. He pushes everyone he loves or that loves him away, and high tails it out of town with not so much as a goodbye to anyone.

Now living in his grandmother’s home, which has been given to him, he sets his mind on fixing the place up. Along this path, he meets
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved That One Night so much and was so excited to get my hands on this one. That One Night is written in Frankie's POV and this one is in Ben's. I really fell in love with Ben and Frankie in the first book and this one just cemented my love for them both once again. I really enjoyed getting to see everything from Ben's prospective. I felt my heart breaking, no not breaking, shattering as I was reading the pain that Ben was in. It made me really understand Ben and the reasons he did cer ...more
Sarah Dale
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐⭐ ARC received for an honest review

I read the first book back in November and was very excited to receive this book written of what happened from Bens POV. It was great reading what happened in that 18mths of his life after he left Frankie.

It was great to get a better understanding of Ben and what he was thinking and feeling through this whole situation. His struggle with 'would he be a good dad or be like his dad' was heart wrenching. It was also lovely seeing Frankie and Archie through his
Stacy Aube
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC for a honest review. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

I'm glad I read this book right after That One Night. I wanted to know what Ben was thinking and now I know. This shows just how much you can get lost with your thoughts if you don't let anyone help. I enjoyed both books and I would really like for Dave to have his own story.
Lily Garcia
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 stars! I really enjoyed reading Ben's POV :) it made me love him even more! We all make mistakes and we all deserve a second chance :) definitely loved those additional scenes we got and that epilogue! Can't wait for Dave's and Viv's book!
Michelle
Konica
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked Ben's POV, much more detailed than the first book.
Jessica Wannamaker
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked reading Ben's side. Seeing what he went through, reading his feelings, knowing he truly crated about Frankie and how much she meant to him.

I loved the humour, dirty jokes, the many relationships in this book. I wish I knew all their stories.

When Vic and Dave get their story I'll be all over it.

I laughed, cried, felt the hurt for these characters. Mental health is not an easy topic, neither is discovering your a dad and being thrown in even with the women you love but was estranged too
terri hatton
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

This story has depth and passion. It was everything a book should be. This is the second time I've read it. Will read it again. That one night is also good and frankies side of the story so read it too! The writing style was also good. Love the music in the book as well. Frankie and ben are an awesome couple. I just wish I could read more about them. I also want to know what happens with viv and dave.
Morgan Scott
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

Oh my Lord. This book was just as amazing as the first one. I loved it and I loved how it ended! Ben and Frankie deserved so much and I'm glad they got it!
Three Chicks
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

I absolutely adored Ben in the first book “That One Night.” He was a super guy and stepped up to the plate when it was required of him. No questions…No expectations from him…He just did what he felt was right and it turned out to be the best thing for everybody. Since “That One Night” was told from Frankie’s point of view, there was a huge time gap of Ben’s life that went accounted for. What was he doing during the 18 months he was away? It’s now his turn to tell the story. “
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
http://amzn.to/1TKMJIo LOVED excellent male POV

Though this book is listed as book 1.5 if you love male POV I truly think it can be read stand alone. That One Day is Ben’s side and then some of what went down in That One Night. That One Night was told in Frankie’s POV (Frankie is a female this is a m/f love story).

Both books take the reader on a roller coaster of emotions as both main characters have a secret. Frankie’s secret about that one night is life altering for all involved and Ben’s one s
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
*Review copy received from the author for an honest review*

4 “What if he never wanted me?” stars!

It’s no secret that I LOVE stories in the male POV, so when I was contacted about reading Ben’s side of the story from That One Night, I jumped for joy. I was looking forward to seeing what went on in that 18 months that Ben was gone. But I was not prepared for how maddening his side of the story was going to make me ;)

“That night, Frankie, it meant everything to me.”

Ben gets some devastating news, g
Suzanne
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OH WOW! I really enjoyed That One Night last year and to read this story, it melted me even more towards Ben, not like my heart wasn't gooey for him prior, but this novel really lets you in and see how he came to do what he did.
My heart honestly broke for Ben reading through his side of the story. I felt that Wright wrote a perfect companion to That One Night with this one. It mirrors beautifully and you really get a sense of the pain that Ben went through. Reading his ups and downs really hits
Selena Chandler-williams
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
(Review originally posted on Amazon)

I give this book a very strong four stars.

I had the opportunity to 'Beta Read' this book. It was my first experience as a beta reader and I look forward to doing it again someday. Josie is a delight to work with. As a blogger, I have had some authors that are not at all receptive to any sort of critique, but Josie not only welcomed my questions after reading book one of this series, she appreciated them and came back to ask me to beta for her. I was completely
Amanda
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of Read and Share Book Reviews

I absolutely adored this book!!! Josie Wright snared my attention with That One Day and I often wondered what Ben had been up to those 18 months he disappeared...

This book was extremely well written and grabbed my attention in the first chapter and never let me go!!! It was so amazing seeing Ben's thoughts and feelings about the turmoil that happened in his life!!! This book was full of angst, heartbreak, laughter and love!! It was great to get a
Marika
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to read Ben's side of the story.
Not only I was extremely curious about what went on with his family and what he has been up to in those 18 months, but I hoped to read his Pov on when he came back and found Paige again.
I was not disappointed because I got so much more than I could have asked.
I have all the answers to the questions that one night brought up and if it's possible I even fell more in love with Ben!
CDBW
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-arc
5 Crazy Ass Must Read Stars!!!!!

I've been waiting to get my hands on Ben's POV. I really wanted to delve into his head see things from his perspective. I loved That One Night but I love the story even more now that I know Ben's side of things. My heart broke more for him knowing what went through his mind and his feelings.
I can't wait to read Dave and Viv's story. Getting in stalker mode to scope out release date on that one.
Melony Hobgood
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved That One Night and to get to read the same story from Ben's point of view was excellent. It was great they way Josie Wright wrote the same story but a different point of view and kept it new and exciting at the same time. You have to read both book to fully understand and enjoy Ben and Frankie's story.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Four Weddings and a Werewolf (Seattle Wolf Pack, #2)
  • Inspired by You (Love in the City, #6)
  • The Chase (With Me, #5)
  • Bound to You: Volume 4 (PART 2) (Millionaire's Row)
  • Belle and Valentine (The Belle Series #1)
  • Their Twisted Love (The Twisted Mosaic #2)
  • Unleashed: Volume 4
  • My Men (Men Series, #2)
  • Rise (Hold, #4)
  • Burnout (Hotwired, #2)
  • Perfect Love (Perfect Series #2)
  • This Never Happened (Her Billionaires, #5.6)
  • Blessed Chance (Blessed Tragedy, #3)
  • Roarrk's Revenge (Zion Warriors, #3)
  • Bound Guardian Angel (All The King's Men, #7)
  • Power Exchange (Nash Brothers, #1)
  • Rug Burns (Reviving Haven, #2)
  • Combust
Josie Wright has always been a bookworm, spending every free moment with her nose buried in a book. While others were out partying, she spent her evenings with Heathcliff, Sydney Carton or Snape. Romance, fantasy, thrillers - you name it, she read it.

Thanks to the Kindle, she finally arrived in the 21St century and discovered the Indie literature world. Josie has been lost to it ever since. With h

That One (4 books)
  • That One Night (That One Series 1)
  • That One Minute (That One #2)
  • That One Moment (That One #3)