Start by marking “A Deadly Tail (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
A Deadly Tail (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery #4)

A Deadly Tail

(Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery #4)

Deirdre "Foxtrot" Lancaster returns-with her otherwordly animal companions Whiskey and Tango-to shine a light on the dark side of fame...

Foxtrot has seen a lot of strange things as assistant to billionaire Zelda Zoransky at her wacky mansion. And that includes her telepathic cat Tango and ectoplasmic pooch Whiskey. So it's no surprise to find a horde of zombies lurching a
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published February 2nd 2016 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about A Deadly Tail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Deadly Tail

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is a good book, for the most part. It was a bit confusing at first in how the dialogue of the animals is conveyed. It's very funny, and any animal lover will get a kick out of that aspect of the story.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine: http://affairedecoeur.com.

Kristen
This is one of my all-time favourite series' and book 4 did not let me down - I loved this!

This is a cozy series with a "sort of" magical twist, but the major draw of this series is the humour. Dixie Lyle must be an absolute BLAST to be friends with in real life, if the way she writes is any indication. These books always make giggle all the way through at the subtle, and sometimes not subtle humour that is woven in with the plot.

The characters in this series are fabulous - absolutely fabulous!
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
This was another fine addition to the Whiskey Tango and Foxtrot Mysteries. In this one, a movie crew is filming a new Sherlock Holmes/zombie flick at ZZ's mansion when both the director ends up dead and star ends up in the hospital. One is found on the menagerie property without their head and hands and the other is harmed in an explosion in the mansion estate. Foxtrot quickly jumps into action and starts solving the mystery. All of the usual crew are still present, but they weren't as prevalent ...more
Trish
I admit it. The reason I like this series is less for the cozy mystery element, and much more to do with the quirky human characters, and the laugh-out loud interactions between the various animal characters, both with each other and with Foxtrot. In other words, they're fun!

For example, in this instalment we have a the ectoplasmic dog trying to herd a mountain of ghostly goats, and the sassy cat trying to direct a movie, as well as the inter-star canine rivalry between Lassie (well, Pal, who p
Miss Banana
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Compared to the recent run of books I've been reading, this was so light and casual and SO MUCH fun. This isn't the type of book I'd normally buy for myself, but I got it as part of a book swap because "it looks like you like cats" and boy howdy are you right.

The pacing is quick and her voice is witty (especially when coming to describing her animal companions and her train of thought).

I want this to be my future job. Investigating strange happenings with my cat and ghost dog.
Becky
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A terrific and even fun series for a person who is open to entering w world of animal ghosts, telepathic animals who have some other talents, humans who have other-worldly skills, and many unique personalities plus a murder mystery or few to solve! A Deadly Tail is even better than Trigger, Lassie, and Benji!
Doward Wilson
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Telepathic cats, an ectoplasmic ghost dog, a boyfriend who is more than human, an extremely eccentric billionaire boss, an estate full of zombies, a dead body minus hands and head and a bomb detonating inside the mansion makes for another wonderful adventure in this delightful cozy paranormal series.
Henriette
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This was actually the first book in the series that I didn’t love. The beginning is kind of a jumbled mess. Foxtrott and Whiskey find a body, then we jump back 24 hours apparently just so that we can meet the crew of the zombie film. During this time jump we meet a Tango lookalike. In the now again they keep acting as if we should know who that cat is. Finally Ben asks and Foxtrott tells him that somewhere between the body and the bombing she actually went to talk to Eli who told her that the ca ...more
Leslie
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marisa Maichel
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sheri Jesse
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fairly new series for me and I love it. It's very easy to forget that Whiskey is not alive and I'm so jealous that all animals can't communicate like Whiskey & Tango do. Having Lassie and a few other "famous" animals pop in was totally unexpected. I always enjoy seeing how Foxtrot figures the mystery out; what her reasoning is. Looking very forward to the next book in the series.
Kelly
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witty fun fast-paced goofy and entertaining! THE BEST! Dixie Lyle is awesome.
Tatra
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book. I still love the characters and enjoy watching the world expand.
Crittermom
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When is a murder not a murder?

Readers will find the answer in Dixie Lyle’s newest Whiskey, Tango, & Foxtrot mystery, A Deadly Tail. These paranormal mysteries are delightfully whimsical, filled with remarkable animals, eccentric humans, and “Foxtrot”, a woman whose job is to efficiently manage anything and everything that arises. For Foxtrot, the unexpected and the unusual are an everyday occurrence. Apart from her job managing Z’s estate, Foxtrot is responsible for ensuring all is well at
Dharia Scarab
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

4 sta
Lynda
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#4 in the Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot series. Ghosts, Zombies & Murder, oh my! Dixie Lyle is a wonderfully humorous writer. When reading these books I sometimes get the feeling that the author might have ADHD or some similar condition, but she always manages to pull everything together and wrap it neatly in the end.

In this visit to the land of Foxtrot & friends we have a movie in the making, extreme crocet, and a play that is truly the thing.
Jenni Schell
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
This review is a little hard for me to write. I have loved every book in this series, but this one just didn't do it for me. I loved the writing but was lost in the premise. I think there was just too much going on with this venture. I am sure, however, that I will love the next book and everything will be back on track for me.
Robin Green
Apr 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Loved the latest installment in this series. I loved Tango's play. And the fact that there were more people in this one that could see the ghosts than just Foxtrot and the gang. It would be great if someone could illustrate Keene's masterpiece. And I totally didn't see the twist at the end. Great job Dixie Lyle. Can't wait for the next one.
Sandee
Feb 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ereader
I enjoyed the character relationships and the animals as I usually do in this series. What disappointed me this time was how little of the story was actually about the mysteries. It was delightful meeting animal stars and their imaginary histories as well as the usual nonsense that Keene gets into. However, I would enjoy a lot more story with regards to the mysteries.
Valerie
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good addition that has great character and mystery. I was not too fond of the over use of the animals talking, though I know it was essential to the plot. Perhaps if the author has used conventional quotes instead of the back and forth with italics, and brackets it might not have been as annoying.
Feb 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Better than the previous book, but oh the preview of the next book has already turned me off :(
Elaine
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
love the Foxtrot, Whiskey, Tango series. The snarky comments have me laughing out loud (husband wonders sometimes ) really don't care about who did it just enjoy the ride
Heather Henkel
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wild ride

This book was so much fun to read. You never know where the author is going to go with the 3 main characters but I love the way whiskey and tango interact.
Elizabeth Emmite
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Just too silly and over the top for me.
Brenda Robinson Bailey
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Bawled my eyes out and can't wait for more.
Carla
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
funny! I laughed out loud! I really did!
Allison
Good read, glad I reread the first 3 books first though or I would have confused myself.

Now just got to wait for book 5! Not too long though only a few wks ☺
Pam
Feb 16, 2016
Viccy
Dec 27, 2015
Deirdre S.
Aug 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Tiger's Tale (Call of the Wilde #2)
  • A Fright to the Death (A Family Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • Extra Sensory Deception (Raven's Nest, #4)
  • By Familiar Means (Witch's Cat Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Most Howl (Paws and Claws Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Most Finicky (Pawsitively Organic Mystery, #4)
  • Spells & Stitches (Sugar Maple, #4)
  • An Open Spook (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #4.5)
  • Prose and Cons (Magical Bookshop, #2)
  • A Midwinter's Tail (A Magical Cats Mystery, #6)
  • Look Both Ways (Witch City Mystery, #3)
  • Sketch a Falling Star  (A Portrait of Crime Mystery, #3)
  • Corpse in the Crystal Ball (Fortune Teller Mystery, #2)
  • The Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum (Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum #1)
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • The Black Cat Sees His Shadow (A Bad Luck Cat Mystery #3)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
Dixie Lyle loves animals, mysteries, books, reading, words, bad puns (are there any other kind?) and once had a torrid summer romance with an entire library. Did I mention the books? Oh, and definitely doesn't believe in the supernatural. Nope, not me. Hey, what was that sound? Where's that spooky green glow coming from? Oh, hello, didn't see you standing there in the corner, what with you being a ...more

Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery (5 books)
  • A Taste Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #1)
  • To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)
  • Marked Fur Murder (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #3)
  • Purrfectly Dead (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery #5)