Start by marking “Heart's Chord (Ugly Eternity, #5)” as Want to Read:
Heart's Chord (Ugly Eternity, #5)

Heart's Chord

(Ugly Eternity #5)

Even though he already has more to do than there are hours in the day, Finn has no problem adding Austen to his life. The sexy former marine is the only good thing that’s happened to Finn in a long time.

For Austen, Finn is the perfect man. If he sees anything lacking in Austen, he never shows it. But falling in love with Finn changes everything for Austen. All the insecur
Published July 6th 2015 by Punk & Sissy Publications

To ask other readers questions about Heart's Chord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart's Chord

Robin French
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Dreamer & A Veteran make sweet music together.

Heart's Chord takes us back into the world of the Ugly Eternity series and is happening at the same time as Heart's Duo. If you've read the rest of the series, you may remember the hot grunge cellist Finn Villiers at Plethora Nightclub that gave Maddox & Joss the push they needed. What you didn't know is that he dreams of helping others with his unique talent and insight. Austen Savoy is the former Marine that came home with more than the w
Annery
This is a short novella in which a character introduced in Heart's Duo gets his HEA.

You could read it as a standalone but some of the characters from the previous books do make appearances and if you don't know their story it'll just seem like filler.

In any case this a sweet, angsty story about two men who each think of themselves as woefully lacking and that the other guy is the cat's pajamas. The only conflict is that though they flirt and maybe do some heavy petting they don't talk to each o
CrabbyPatty
Aug 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Ugh ..... this short novella was incoherent and rambling, IMHO. Finn is basically Hawke 2.0 (amazing, brilliant, beautiful, awesome, sexy, a "sensual mastermind", delectable, brave, courageous, fascinating, basically bloody perfect in every way) and he and Austen fall in love immediately, with no character development and no in-depth development of their relationship. We are never quite sure what Austen's job involves, while Finn, who is a musical genius, is studying for a law degree, apparently ...more
Claudia
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutelly loved it ❤
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Heart's Chord is book five in the Ugly Eternity Series. I did read books one and two but somehow missed three and four. I guess you can say I read as a stand alone, then. It does have mention to past characters in the series but nothing completely plot driven that reading as a stand alone would cause you to not understand.

I found I like Ms Parkerson's style of writing, there is an easy flow to it. There were a few scenes
Angie
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
This was a short and sweet book. Finn always thinks he isn’t doing enough or being enough for anyone. He works hard, has goals and dreams and even though he doesn’t have much time he makes if for Austen. Austen is the hot former Marine in the wheelchair that he secretly looks at every day in the diner. Finding it hard to let Finn, Austen still tries. These two are so sweet together, I just love them. This whole
Ruthie Taylor
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads~~

I have enjoyed this series to date, and this is a welcome bonus! Although characters appear that we know, it is not essential that you have read them to enjoy this book - and if you haven't, you could go back and do so with great pleasure.

This is a sweet, emotional read, which builds beautifully and seduces the reader with its heat. It is not without its frustrating moments, but that adds to the intensity and also makes i
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Sweet and touching

Angela Goodrich
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

While this is the first book that I have read from the Ugly Eternity series (and did so with no problem), it is not the first of Ms. Parkerson’s books that I’ve read. I enjoy the author’s writing style immensely and Heart’s Chord is no exception as she manages to pack a feel-good romance with some steamy sex scenes, the right amount of conflict and angst, perfectly broken characters who see the man inside rather than the mas
Cathy
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
"Heart's Chord" by Charity Parkerson. Once again, Ms. Parkerson has written a story that flows and tugs at the heart strings. Finn and Austen - their attraction to each other cannot be denied but it goes so far beyond that. I liked both characters - they both had hangups - real ones that most people feel and believe about themselves. Watching the bond between the two develop and the love grow was a beautiful thing, even during the hard times. This is a really quick read (I would have liked it to ...more
Niccisbookblog
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
MY REVIEW
This is a short and sweet book, i have to say i havent read any other of the books in this series but this book stands alone.
Both the main characters are really likable guys and i loved the slow build up of their relationship. Hearts Chord is emotional, both Finn and Austin have so much love and passion to give i could feel it radiating from the pages.
Ms. Parkerson’s writing is a joy to read she has packed so much story into a short read. The sexiness between these two men is
Samantha Woods ( LSK Sweetheart Reviews )
I enjoyed the book. Austin and Finn each had their own demons to deal with before they could finally believe that happiness could be theirs. M/M Romance isn't a first choice to read for me but I do enjoy them from time to time as long as they are well written and have a good story line. The author was very good at bringing the story to life and making you root for the couple to make it. I definitely recommend reading.

'Read and Reviewed by LSK Sweetheart Reviews'
Dieann Beckwith
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I enjoyed all five books in the series. GOOD READ. I loved all the characters in this series and the ups and downs that they experienced to get to their HEA. I would definitely recommend this series to all my fellow readers. Please keep them coming Charity.

New devoted fan
DB
joani
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you loved the others then you have to love this one too...

A bonus to the series with our cello playing rock star Finn and former Marine Austin. Finn is a really great man who sees into Austin's heart like no other. The time line is a little off with our main story and characters but it can be overlooked and enjoyed on its own.
Char Moore
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another really good book!

I've really liked this series. Hope there are more coming. I loved Finn from the prior couple of books in this series, so seeing him try for his HEA was great. Fell for Austen too. It was nice to see the gang from the prior books come together again. I really like this author and plan on reading more from her in the future.
Denise Koopman
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to read this book. What a rollercoaster ride of emotions!! So much love and passion I could almost feel it radiating from the pages. Sad this was my last one. Love her books. I WANT MORE!
Joy Whiteside
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable read that I could not put down until I was finished. It moved along at a great pace, has an amazing story and characters that you cannot help but fall in love with. This book needs to be on your TBR list. You will not be sorry that you did.
Karen Lane
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great finish

All tucked in and tied up, a fitting end to a great series. I would of liked a little more back story from Austin, but overall I loved the whole series.
Jen
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lauren
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't care for the writing style, didn't seem very polished and I often felt confused as to who was saying what or what the author meant. Its too bad because the story started out rather well.
Mimi
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great series. Want to read her next series Hard Hit.
Cadiva
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice little coda to the series

Although Finn was only a background character in book four, it's nice to get his story and Austen is a perfect partner for him.
Helen Lau
Apr 09, 2016
meep
Jul 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Charity Parkerson is an award winning and multi-published author with Ellora's Cave Publishing, Midnight Books, and Punk & Sissy Publications. Born with no filter from her brain to her mouth, she decided to take this odd quirk and insert it in her characters.

*Seven-time winner of Readers' Favorite Awards
*2014 Golden Ankh nominee
*2013 Readers' Favorite Award Winner
*2013 Reviewers' Choice Awar

Ugly Eternity (5 books)
  • Heart's Beat (Ugly Eternity, #1)
  • Heart's Song (Ugly Eternity, #2)
  • Heart's Strum (Ugly Eternity, #3)
  • Heart's Duo (Ugly Eternity, #4)