Start by marking “Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Rejuvenation” as Want to Read:

Since the dawn of time, Fasting has been known as the omnipotent healing method for humans and animals. We need not look any further than Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting to find the most powerful and practical approach to the art of fasting.

In this masterpiece, Arnold Ehret explains how to successfully, safely, and rationally conduct a fast in order to eliminate har
Paperback, 1, 132 pages
Published January 1st 2015 by Breathair Publishing (first published January 1st 1975)

Be the first to ask a question about Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Rejuvenation

Danny McCaffrey
Great idea, terribly outdated and scientifically weak. Credit to Mr. Ehret for making a case for Fasting with reason, not religion. But still, more research needs to be done to add to the case of Fastings implied benefit.

For science related pro-fasting literature I would highly recommend Dr. Mark Mosley...

...and his BBC program "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer"
Prince
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Controls hypertension and diabetes

One of the best and earliest books on food, dieting and fasting...
Great read, and outstanding information.
I have read this book more than Five times and learned something new every time I pick it up.
I would recommend this book to all, but mostly to people with knowledge of self.
If you have hypertension or diabetes read this book, if you want to increase muscle and decrease body fat, read this book.
The book is a seven star read, but amazon only has a rating
Alex
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The most essential read I've ever come across personally. The formidable affect mucus and toxemias have on our body is perfectly illustrated by Ehret.

I found myself having "oh, that makes so much sense" moments throughout the entire read. The reading for me went by so quickly due to the divine subject matter. Ehret's words were being delivered straight to my soul. Never have I found so much spiritual comfort from a read.
Matt Skeels
Apr 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: created-listing
Interesting idea on fasting... such as, only eat fruit to make your balding head grow its hair back. If only...
Judith
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet. Yet very powerful. An eye opener.
Linda Amato
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW this book is very interesting and makes me think about fasting and eating more fruits. As I am a vegan I hope it will not be to difficult. I would recommend this book to everyone to try at least to fast once a month to begin. We as a society need to read books like this to educate ourselves. Just look around at the shape most people are in.

A great informative read on why there is so much dis-ease in the world. Definitely something to think about... going on a fast.
Frankie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ehret, a man too wise for his own generation, a comprehensible system to adhere to a lifetime of restoring vitality!

Ehret, a man too wise for his own generation. The Mucusless Diet is a comprehensible system to adhere to a lifetime of restoring vitality then you will consume Ehhret Brilliant .methods and guidelines for rejuvenation. Restoration from the inside out
Nawid Adelyar
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting approach to health and disease, this book explains many times the fundamental idea that mucus is the main cause of all disease and just how what we consume affects the amount of mucus within our bodies.

A good read, the idea makes a lot of sense and is something practical that can be applied into everyday life. I recommend this book.
Mark Mosher
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Profoundly simple and simply profound... this book is the holy grail of diet books. A literal healing system that teaches and reminds us on how to live in harmony with natural laws and method. It really doesn't get any better than this and with perseverance anyone can achieve perfect health.
Nathan
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Good ideas on fasting and health but heavily criticizes meat consumption
Antonious Favors
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

I am going to start this journey to better health! I will take it one day at a time. Peace
Nicholas Dobbin
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book! Short, sweet and extremely necessary. “The mills of the Gods grind slowly, yet they grind exceedingly fine!”.
Chris
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was another book to read in my quest for optimum nutrition and what to eat and what to do. This book explained different types of castings and what they do to the body. Excellent book.
Ietrio
Feb 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: junk
Amusing. Although not as funny as the vintage photo on the cover.
Maria Ruivo
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent information that transcends time. It reinforced what I already knew but not strong enough to commit to wholeheartedly. Thank You!!!
Osama Aghbar
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
a very wonderful book describes the importance of fasting in our life, and how it could help you increase your lifespan ( Insha'Allah)
this book is based on power of fasting for body detoxification
Leonardo
Sep 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-digital, salud
Bueno, está interesante. Más de lo mismo básicamente, pero justamente por eso me parece que está muy bien. Pone en palabras varias cosas que uno sabe de una u otra manera. Me sorprendieron algunas cosas que fui experimentando por mi propia experiencia y que el tipo las expresa claramente. Por ejemplo lo del ayuno semanal, o lo de tener cuidado con que desayunar después, o lo de no desayunar diariamente por la mañana, el malestar inicial durante el ayuno, y alguna cosa más. Aporta.

El tipo era ba
Barbara Ab
Sono molto perplessa malgrado concordi con alcune sue teorie. Per fortuna anche lui capì che digiuni di 40 giorni non sono proponibili, almeno a tutti. E’ morto a 56 anni per una scivolata in cui si è rotto il cranio, mi domando se soffrisse di osteoporosi o altro. La sua dieta è troppo stretta e quando non lo è non vedo il senso di unire alimenti acidificanti ad alimenti basici. Non sarebbe meglio una dieta vegana bilanciata e basta invece di alternare verdure e formaggi? Indubbiamente ognuno h ...more
Aug 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Difficult to read at the beginning as the author is on his soapbox, but it was SO worth the effort. A refreshing take on health, taking food, and bodily cleanliness and longevity. It's nice that he did the research using his own body and found his health after being so close to his deathbed. His hard writing style actually gave me strength to go through some of the methods afterward, and for that, I am thankful.
Jan
Jul 30, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: recommended
a very interesting insight into the western diet, detoxification, vitality and the connection to health and longevity.

Maybe the key to understanding the underlaying cause of disease in general.

Definetely good for cleansing and understanding the importance of clean cells and blood.

but the focus is not only on fasting, but mainly on a muscusless diet (fruits & veggies)
Faisal Qureshi
May 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Short essay turned into a book

What could have been said in 500 words has been turned into a book. This whole book is really just an advertisement for another book. Sadly, the other book is an advertisement for this book.

Though what they're talking about is of great value, but altogether it could have been said in 20 pages.
Meelis
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maybe not the best book on fasting but it gave me the understanding that fasting is a great miracle that has been given to us to heal our body and recover from illness. I have started weekly fasting after reading this book and I will definitely fast for longer periods in the future.
Veronica
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Safe and pain free fasting method coming into and coming out of a long fast.
Marina
Terza rilettura. Prima lettura marzo 2017.
Malobi
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The information in the book is invaluable but I found it very repetitive and with a few typos. Not one to complain about typos usually but after getting the gist of it, the repetition get annoying.
David
Jul 08, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Really good so far. :]
codruta
Jan 19, 2019
Del Thomas
Oct 24, 2016 rated it liked it
very good but probably best to read the mucusless diet one by Ehret instead
Victoria V Hardy
Oct 15, 2019
Suki
Dec 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets
  • Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness: The Complete Guide to Building Your Body on a Plant-Based Diet
  • Spiritual Nutrition: Six Foundations for Spiritual Life and the Awakening of Kundalini
  • Green for Life
  • The World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony
  • Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor's Program for Conquering Disease
  • Food for Life: How the New Four Food Groups Can Save Your Life
  • The Sunfood Diet Success System
  • Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices: What's Missing in Your Body?
  • Water For Health, For Healing, For Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!
  • This Crazy Vegan Life: A Prescription for an Endangered Species
  • Food and Healing: How What You Eat Determines Your Health, Your Well-Being, and the Quality of Your Life
  • The Fluoride Deception
  • The New Detox Diet: The Complete Guide for Lifelong Vitality with Recipes, Menus, and Detox Plans
  • Alternative Vegan: International Vegan Fare Straight from the Produce Aisle
  • Triumph of the Lentil: Soy-Free Vegan Wholefoods for all Appetites
  • Juice Manifesto: More than 120 Flavor-Packed Juices, Smoothies and Healthful Meals for the Whole Family
  • Food Yoga: Nourishing the Body, Mind & Soul
Arnold Ehret was a German health educator and author of several books on diet, detoxification, fruitarianism, fasting, food combining, health, longevity, naturopathy, physical culture and vitalism.