Start by marking “Blue Columbine (Grace Revealed #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Columbine (Grace Revealed #1)

Blue Columbine

(Grace Revealed #1)

Best friends—maybe more—until addiction shatters everything.

Reeling from professional failure, Andrew Harris needs a fresh start. When he moves back to Colorado to join a Denver law firm, he runs into Jamie, his childhood sweetheart. She is still the kind and faithful girl he remembers—not to mention beautiful and still single. With her by his side, Andrew is confident he
Published May 19th 2015 by Rooted Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blue Columbine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Columbine

Staci
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
This debut is an emotional journey about a man in a denial that he is an alcoholic and his childhood best friend that still sees the person he used to be.

The writing is good and kept me engaged. I look forward to continuing this series and reading other novels by this talented author.
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Y’all.

This book had me ugly-crying, trying to muffle my sobs into my pillow so I wouldn’t wake up my husband.

It is a story of addiction and its impact on those we love, but even more than that it is a story of enduring friendship, love, grace, and the most beautiful redemption.

Andrew and Jamie were childhood best friends/sweethearts, and that tender affection & chemistry between them fuels deep emotional reactions in the reader throughout the novel. Because Andrew is no longer the Andy that
Courtney Clark
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Raw emotions, relatable characters, and an arc of transformation and redemption like none I've ever read. This is a must-read both encouraging in my personal faith walk and eye-opening in its message of grace.
Rebecca
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"A familiar stranger".

Jamie Carson can scarcely believe her eyes when childhood hero and best friend, Andrew Harris, steps in to view on her family property. Still the same, and yet different, years lost between them, childhood promises eventually fading into deep loneliness. Unknown to Jamie, beneath Andy's handsome face, successful career, and friendly overtures lurks a formidable opponent to a renewed relationship; addiction. "There are places in the heart, man cannot touch".

Andrew Harris k
Denise
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book

This book was so good, l don't think l read a romance book where the hero is first a jerk. But then with the grace of God, he is a saved man!! But the reason l give this book 4 stars is that towards the end, the book takes a different direction. Which made the book drag,just a little. Oh, do plan to read her next book. But the Christian part of the book is A+, which l love, some books called themselves Christian...but really isn't. The love this author has for Christ comes through. Good
Sarah Monzon
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a poignant and transformational book. Jennifer Rodewald deals with hard issues in her debut novel, and does it with beautiful writing and memorable characters. I identified with the characters in Blue Columbine because, like Andy, my brother also has a problem with alcohol as well as drugs. Like Jaime, those around him are often hurt by his poor choices and the effects of altering substances. Jennifer Rodewald reminded me that God deals in life-changing redemption when we give our l ...more
Toni Shiloh
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rodewald is a masterful storyteller. Y'all this is the 2nd book of hers that I've read that has reduced me to tears. Blue Columbine is a wonderful story of grace and mercy that God blesses the sinner with. This novel deals with alcoholism and the damage it causes, but more importantly it showcases the change God can bring. Intertwine the romance and friendship between Andy and Jamie and you have a must read.
Beth Erin
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
full series review on Faithfully Bookish

The road to redemption in this story is not an easy one but a journey well worth taking. Blue Columbine provides readers with a raw and in-depth look at the physical, emotional, and mental toll alcoholism takes on lives. Understanding the beast of addiction is a valuable step towards compassion for those caught in its snare. I highly recommend this story!

I purchased this title. The opinions expressed are my own.
Raelee Carpenter
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet Story

A solid plot with good themes and deep, believable characters. Quite a bit of tension though the story did drag a bit at times. All in all an enjoyable read.
Victoria Bylin
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
What a pleasure to read a novel with a purpose. I lean toward serious fiction and this story about alcoholism, recovery and faith fits the bill perfectly. Andy and Jamie are at the heart of the story, but what makes the book unique are the secondary characters who help to point the way to salvation and Andy's eventual recovery. Jamie's recovery too. She has her own set of flaws to face.

I finished this book right after a series at church on friendship and how dangerous it is for us to walk compl
Deon
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this on #KindleUnlimited
Sam B
First of all, I really liked this book.

I loved the fact that I could really relate with Jamie. I could feel her heartaches, her fear, her sadness... The author was really able to capture how ugly alcoholism can be, but also its effect on alcoholic's friends. Andrew is also a great character because he really shows that things can get better. It's not easy, but it's possible.

I loved how, throughout the book, we can actually see Andrew and Jamie at different stage of their relationship. Seeing th
Stella Potts
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a heart wrenching story of love, betrayal, forgiveness, redemption and learning to trust. Having gone through a situation with a loved one with an addiction this really brought back memories and feelings in my own life. The never ending promises to not ever do it again and then not being able to stop. Jamie and Andy are characters that you will love and at the same time just want to choke them because you know what they need to do. But God in His mercy took a hand in the situation. I giv ...more
Marlene  Moore
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Blue Columbine

There are so many facets to this novel. I loved the story line of redemption and forever love. I didn't feel that it needed to be drug out as long as it was. Having said that, I did like all the side stories that were included in this novel. Particularly the legal battle of ID vs evolution.
The writing is captivating and truly holds your attention. This is a wonderful Christian novel that I definitely recommend to all who love a great romance plus a heart warming story of God's gre
Bhriv
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blue Columbine is beautifully written! The lives of Jamie and Andy start out as children. Andy stands up for Jamie as they grow up. As life would have it, they move away from each other and each of them deal with struggles...a parent dying, the other parent remarrying, introduction to alcohol which leads to alcoholism, the consequences that go with alcoholism....can the love of God break through all these struggles? A Christian fiction with loads of real life relatable examples that many people ...more
Linda Rainey
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Blue Columbine by Jennifer Rodewald is a very inspirational book dealing with very relevant issues for Christians.
Jennifer dealt with the issues of addiction second chances and the redeeming power of God's love.
I loved the characters of Jaime and Andy and how they dealt with all the trauma and upheaval in there lives.
You have to see how Blue Columbines play a part in their lives,so sweet.
A copy of this book was given in exchange for an honest review.
Linda Syman
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story

I don't usually highlight sentences in books but with this book I found myself highlighting three different areas. This story really made me stop and think about my own failures and deep regrets. I definitely could relate with the character's need for forgiveness.
Maybe other readers will enjoy this tender love story as much as I did.
Patti
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book!

Didn't realize when I started reading this book that it was about addiction. I have gone through addictions of my own, with food, and know how addictions can take over a life and change the direction. I could really relate to the characters, and the characteristics of each individual. I really look forward to more books by this author.
Lindsey
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really sweet book. Super sad what he went through. And her too!!! But a good book! I look forward to more from this author!
TERRI DURAN
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
A godly story

I enjoy reading a book with a godly message. So many novels are hard to read because they always take a love story and turn it into a sex story. Well done.
Andrea Boyd
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Blue Columbine is a well-written, heart-wrenching, story. The characters are believable and the story true to life. I'm not so sure I could have made the same choices Jamie did.
Nancy Fabik
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: done
A very good book for an authors first! It kept me involved and I wanted to find out what would happen!
Aurora
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people looking for a wholesome romance, people looking for accounts of men who have changed
God does work in mysterious ways, and sometimes, you don't often know, or often can't tell, how He will be able to pull good out of evil, but He can. I like that about this book. It got dark, gritty, and ugly, only to turn around and show us the hope and beauty that can lay in the end of it all, even in the midst of it all, when you trust God. And I even cried during this, not because it was that painful (though it did get pretty emotional at times) but because I'm kind of at that part in my lif ...more
Kelly White
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not big on writing long reviews so here is my short one. This quote about sums up the whole story "God's redemption reaches past the things we think are impossible". Andrew is not the young boy Jamie fell in love with as a young girl and she must face the fact that he may never be. Can God rescue Andrew from his current life to be the man God meant him to be?
Ali Garcia
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it
it started off strong but then from one page to the next he's magically cured they should have at least been a few chapters dedicated to his struggle, the process in which he broke that addiction and returned to God
Cindy Long
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!

I truly loved this book! I can't remember ever rooting so hard for a character in a book as I did for Andy. I would feel disappointed in him and then he'd turn around and be so sweet to Jamie and completely change my opinion of him. Great book!
Gerri Strathman
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much that I have downloaded everything Jennifer Rodewald has written. Definitely a gifted author with an amazing way of applying Biblical passages to real life problems.
maria
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Powerful

Forgiveness and relying on God and trusting him . Love is the most important of all and being patient ,amazing.
Jody Brackin
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Satisfies

This was a good book. A biblical, clean romance. It kept you wanting more. I will probably look for more from this author.
Geneva
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Story of boundaries, struggle, wisdom, God's grace, redemption, and mercy. A deep, thought-provoking book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Jennifer Rodewald is passionate about the Word of God and the powerful vehicle of story. Four kids and her own personal superman make her home in southwestern Nebraska delightfully chaotic.

Born in Colorado, she experienced both the seclusion of rugged mountain living and the busy streets of a Denver suburb during her growing up years. Somewhere in the middle of college, she married a Husker and fo

Grace Revealed (3 books)
  • Red Rose Bouquet (Grace Revealed #2)
  • Finding Evergreen (Grace Revealed #3)