Start by marking “Friction: Legal Affairs Series” as Want to Read:
Friction: Legal Affairs Series

Friction: Legal Affairs Series

(Legal Affairs)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  3,299 Ratings  ·  585 Reviews
At the powerhouse law firm of Knight & Payne, winning comes first and ethics a distant second. Leary Michaels uses her female charms to daze opponents, and it’s always worked well—until now. On her most personal case yet, she finds herself going up against a defense attorney just as skilled, shameless, and seductive as she is.

Reeve Holloway has never met a woman as sur

Published October 27th 2015 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Friction, please sign up.
Mel Yes, it goes back and forth from chapter to chapter.
Mary Mooney No, Reeve is a friend of Cal Carson from the Legal Affairs series.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Bennett Friction 8 Tite by SueBee_zps4m5o87wm.jpg
 photo fr cover xBT by sb_zpss2udviob.gif
 photo fr story xB by sb_zpsx086dlpl.gif
★★★★★! Friction (stand-alone, book 8). Seduction, euphoria & friction as two attorneys carry on a clandestine affair in the midst of a court battle!

“Shh,” I whisper. “Still need to be quiet. Someone could come in.”
She nods and I remove my hand for her mouth.”

Book 1-6: Legal affairs, #1-6 BOX set - McKayla’s POV
Book 7: Confessions of a Litigation God
- Matt’s POV
Book 8: Frict
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
Yay! I read another smexy times book.

Chicago commercial photographers

I totally think I should be able to quit my job and just read smutty books for a living since I totally class up some romance reviewing.

Chicago commercial photographers

The look my husband just gave me when I told him that not withstanding...
Chicago commercial photographers

(He would be in the doghouse for that shit except this book might have saved him, since I have plans for him later)
Chicago commercial photographers

I saw this book getting some high reviews from my Goodreads friends, so I thought I might finally get to read a smutty book that I wou
Mysza
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
“Tell me you adore me.”
“You know I do,” I say from a place deep within my heart.
“Tell me you’re going to fuck me silly after you finish working tonight,” he says, now grinning big.
“You know I will,” I say as warmth spreads through me.

When I found out that there will be another book in Legal Affairs series, I knew I would be reading it. I loved Matt and Mac's story and am glad to say that this one was as good. What is it about Sawyer Bennett's writing that I love it so much? As usual, kick
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

This was my first book by Sawyer Bennett and I know for sure it won’t be my last. “Friction” was a very entertaining read that completely caught me off guard. It wasn’t my first court room romance, but it certainly was one of the best I have ever read so far.

Leary Michaels, once white trash grew up with nothing. She worked hard and graduated in the top ten percent of her law class a Stanford. Her life changed considerably when she was hired to work at one of the biggest powerhouse firm
S.M. West
4 Sleeping with Enemy STARS

I enjoy a good court room romance. The tension and the smarts and the wit just keep things interesting and things moving fast, if it's done well. Ms. Bennett did just that!

Leary Michael, a top litigator with the law firm of Knight & Payne, is a woman who knows how to use all of her assets to win. Learning from the best, her mentor and boss, taught her to...

“Make men notice you, and when you’ve fogged their senses with lust, slap them with your brains. Make woman
Pam
4.5 smart-n-sexy stars

Leary Michaels has landed herself her ultimate dream job, learning from the best she transforms into a unstoppable force.
“Cheat?” I asked her with a smile.

“If necessary,” she said without cracking one.

“Lie?”

“In the right circumstances,” she confirmed.

“Use my womanly ways?” I asked with a grin.

“Always,”

That is until she taunted Reeve Holloway, a man who can give as much a
Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sawyer Bennett, Legal Affairs, Romance
5 Updated Tracy/Hepburn Legal Gem Stars * * * * *
I have a confession to make. I have a tendency to indulge when I shouldn't. If I wish to have that little extra sweet or spend a bit more time chatting with a friend instead of putting my head down and focusing on a task at hand...well, my inner child will sometimes pop up and do what it wants...

If I find myself engrossed in a book, that inner child has a field day...

Laundry gets put off to another day...
Grocery shopping may not happen so peanut b
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
5 stars

Leary is a lawyer and her most recent case she has taken over has hit close to home for her, so she will try to win this with claws and teeth. When she makes a research and finds out who is going to be the defense lawyer, she works on a plan to use in her favor.

I took risks, I lied and cheated sometimes, and I used my female charms over and over again to daze and confuse my opponents.

Reeve is completely fascinated by Leary since the moment they meet. Especially that moment will int
Kathleen
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Release date October 27, 2015

Story Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Hero Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heroine Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars!
Heat Level ~ 4.5 SCORCHING STARS!
Ending ~ 5 Stars!
Overall Rating ~ 5 He REALLY Gets Her Stars!

There was NOTHING that I did not like about this read, I LOVED every moment!

The story line was really good for me. I have sat on a jury so I understood just what was going on.

I adored Leary, she was an amazing character with a heart of gold. I loved how she went from an ordinary pe
Mo
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

When I worked in Ireland I used to work in Law. Sounds impressive, doesn't it? Well, now, I wasn't the Lawyer or the Barrister but I did have a very important role.

I do like a strong heroine and Leary sure is one. Well able to stand up for herself. I liked Reeve too.

I do enjoy reading all the legal terms. Maybe in another life I might have been a Lawyer.

Sex scenes are hot. This author sure knows how to write a good sex scene.

"Guess I'll have to use my fingers. the old fashioned way."

Nothing w
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

Leary Michaels grew up with nothing, except the love of her family, so when she lands her dream job as a defence attorney at one of Raleigh's top law firms, best known for helping those in the most need, she goes from a frumpy nobody to an incredibly sexy, clever and driven woman.

Always one to use her feminine charms in the courtroom, it's not until she meets her match in Reeve Holloway that she questions whether she is as tough as she thought she was.

"Not only is Leary the
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

...you, Leary Michaels, have no idea the beast you've awoken with your antics. You've invited me to come out and play, and I'm ready to play.”

I have a little secret...*whispers* I have an unhealthy addiction to legal dramas...comedies....romances...whatever. You name it, if legal procedures and trials are involved, odds are I've watched it or read it. So when I saw a new Legal Affairs book from Sawyer Bennett, it was a no brainer to read. This is only my third book by this author, and
Brandi
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

"You've invited me to come out and play. And now I'm ready to play."

Friction was a nicely paced, erotic, courtroom romance. Leary Michaels has worked hard to get where she is, from trailer park to the courtroom, she is intelligent, confident and feisty, she knows what she wants and is not afraid to reach for it. Her current case puts her up against Reese Holloway. The attraction between these two is instantaneous, and all though they know it isn't the best idea, they cannot seem to keep their
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is a book I’ve read in one-sitting. This is a book I completely let myself lost in. This is a book that completely caught me off guard. This book is a must read!

I’ve read a few books by Sawyer Bennett now, and I must say, every time she writes a romance related to the lawyer’s world it’s a complete success for me! I knew about the hotness factor of her stories, the lady is quite talented when it comes to write sexy scenes. Smoking hot sex scenes. But mixed with a world she
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
♦ 4 "Black lace" Stars! ♦

ARC provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

photo O1slehgz_500_zps37kxglpo.gif

This is my first book by Sawyer Bennett (even tough I have many of hers in my 'to-read' list). I remember everyone reading her books and I don't know why I didn't decide to start my read with them. However, now I am sure this will not be the last one! I am so excited because this is my first ever ARC and I am glad it resulted to be a good start.

So, Friction is a novel that belongs to Bennett's Legal Affairs ser
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

www.GlitterTextOnline.com

So what happens when you have two career driven attorneys who are adversaries in the courtroom but are in agreement when it comes to the bedroom? So will one case decide the fate of Leary Michaels and Reeve Halloway as they go head to head against each other? Will this one case cause a friction in their relationship?

#friction1

Friction by Sawyer Bennett chronicles two opposing attorneys who are brought together on civil case that means a lot to Leary
Jayme
I am completely surprised. This is my first book of the Legal Affairs series and I already know not the last. I was so surprised, where it comes from, this vast and thorough knowledge of the field of law? And for some probably know, but the author is a real lawyer! This is very different from Cold Fury Hockey series. A very nice surprise.

Friction

About the plot: Leary Michaels has perfect career path, but now must faced with a legal case that touches her personally. She is determined to win and get rid o
NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "Black Lace" stars from me***

Wow!!! Sawyer Bennett i love you!!!
I have already met this woman's writing with the Cold fury series and i absolutely fell in love with her stories...
So, why i'm shouting my admiration for her???

I have to admit that i don't like very much the stories with lawyers, but S.B. made me see lawyers with a different eye and now i want to read all of her previous stories in Legal affairs series.
As i said above... i loved the writing, i didn't get bored not once and
Jen
4.5 Sexy Stars

I regret getting involved with someone that was supposed to only be a casual fuck, and because she’s so amazing, I now have feelings involved. I regret being the biggest idiot on the face of the earth for not recognizing that it’s impossible to be in bed with your enemy and not understand that someone is going to get hurt.

To say this book was a pleasant and wonderful surprise would be an understatement. I've read more than a few Sawyer Bennett books but this is my first centered ar
Auntee
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All fans of erotic romance-with-a-story
So sooo hard to write a review for a book that you absolutely adored, but I'm going to try...

I have loved all of Sawyer Bennett's books (especially her Carolina Cold Fury series), but this one, this one was utter perfection! I can't believe it took me 4 days to read this (how can that be? Maybe work got in the way...) because not once did I want to put it down! From the very first page she had me hooked, and my fingers couldn't swipe the pages fast enough!

The plot in a (somewhat) big nutshell:

Le
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
description

Every time I'm ready to read a book from Sawyer Bennett, I'm always nervous. After reading as many books from her, I'm always wondering how she is going to surprise me.

Friction didn't disappoint in the slightest! With her Legal Affairs series (Mac & Matt books - Legal Affairs Boxed Set: Volumes 1-6), this is without a doubt her best book to date! My fav for sure.

You have all the element that makes a good book with a special Sawyer's touch: Bold lawyer heroine + cocky handsome lawyer guy + sa
Lyndy Ann ♫
All my friends know how much I love Sawyer Bennett in my eyes this fabulous lady can do no wrong from sports love stories to legal love affairs and Friction is another fantastic legal read.

Leary Michaels and Reeve Holloway are on opposite side of the law, fighting a case that is very close to Leary's heart, how far is Reeve willing to go to win and destroy Leary in the process.

Leary uses her female charms on Reeve on their first meeting and every time they meet outside of the courtroom after tha
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 Stars
The jury has decided........Friction was legally wonderful!!
 photo Friction_zps1xfpz62d.jpg

Two feisty lawyers who excel at their craft.
Two lawyers who meet on opposing sides of the table and have an intense sexual attraction.
Two lawyers that decide to become f*uck buddies because that's all they need from each other.
Two lawyers that maybe have met their match in and out of court.

Leary Michaels is trying the most important case in her life. One that has a personal meaning to her. She does whatever it takes to win, e
Dali
Another provocatively passionate and seductively sexy page turner by Sawyer Bennett. I can't believe I hadn't read any of her Legal Romances but I'm rectifying that error ASAP.

From the very start of her career, Leary Michaels wanted to make a difference in the lives of individuals, not large corporations, to help the downtrodden get a fair shot. Mentored by the famous recluse Midge Payne to use all the tools at her disposal, including to hone in on her feminine charms, she’s climbed the ladder
Beverly
I fell in love with Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury Series and have now become addicted to her books, so of course I was ready to jump into Friction. If you are a fan of sneaking around, stolen moments and forbidden love this book is for you. I loved those moments and trust me there is a ton of hotness, but when I learned Leary’s motives my heart was sold, too.

Leary is an up and coming attorney, at a young age she already made partner due to her willingness to refuse defeat at all costs. She is also
Jen
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs

I think I'm on a role. I just had another great read and this was a first time read by this author for me. I truly loved this book. Everything about it just worked for me. Once again the dual POVs just helped me get lost in this story and with a sexy alpha male and a feisty heroine how could you not. The only thing missing was the warning not to read this book at work due to the HOT panty melting scenes.

Leary Michaels is a lawyer and she's damn good at her job. She's a partner at Knight & P
5 “I adore you” Stars!!!!

FLOVED THIS!!!!! This book has everything I flove….

Love/Hate relationship…Check.

“Now that would just be a bit unethical, don’t you think?”
"You just had your hand on my dick,” I point out courteously. “I think we crossed that line already.”

à la Mode St. » fashion

Laugh my ass off…Check.

“Good, we’ve just entered fuck buddy-dom. May the odds be ever in our favor.”
“What the hell does that mean?”
“Nothing,” she says with a snicker.

à la Mode St. » fashion

Hottest-on-the-planet Sex…Check.

When my face is in front of h
Michelle
*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

This was amazin luvd every bit

Leary a a top lawyer at her firm an is on a case that is very close to her the only thing is that Reeve Holloway is lawyer she as to go against an he is smoking hot Leary isn't afraid of using your sexy female charm to get where she wants to go an there first meeting is super hot Leary is so confident an so is Reeve they have not doubt in there ability to do well in there lives but once
1-Click Addict Support Group
It’s taken me a couple of days to gather my thoughts about Friction enough that I could write this review and do it justice. Oh, hey, LEGAL PUN! Clearly, I should have taken a couple more days…but alas, here we are, and here I go. It’s pretty simple really—this book rules.

Leary Michaels knows that some causes are worth bending for—which is why ethics sometimes takes a backseat to winning for the little guy. And that’s never been more apparent than when she goes head-to-head with Reeve Holloway
Alice
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!

When I learned that there was going to be another book in the Legal Affairs series, I was so damn excited. I LOVED Matt and Mac's story and I'm a sucker for legal romance novels!

Leary Michaels comes from a very difficult past, but she has worked hard in the years to find some happiness and stability. She has pursued her passion and now has a dream job, indeed, she works as a lawyer for Knight & Payne.

Leary is currently working on a case close to her heart, a case that she absol
  • Total D*ck (Bad Bitch, #3)
  • Unblocked - Episode Four (Timber Towers, #4)
  • Sin (Devil's Den, #3)
  • Barely Breathing (Colorado High Country, #1)
  • Childstar 1 (Childstar, #1)
  • Raw and Dirty (Bad Boys MC Trilogy, #1)
  • Everett
  • The Anatomy of Jane (WJM, #1)
  • Rekindle the Flame (Hot in Chicago, #0.5)
  • The Trouble with Love  (Sex, Love & Stiletto, #4)
  • Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)
  • Compromising Positions
  • Wanderlust
  • Perfectly Seduced (Perfectly #1)
  • Playing Dirty (Monkey Business Trio, #1)
  • Unexpected Rescue (Unexpected #1)
  • Small Treasures
Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released multiple books, many of which have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult

Legal Affairs (8 books)
  • Legal Affairs (Legal Affairs, #1)
  • Confessions of a Litigation God (Legal Affairs, #2)
  • Clash (Cal and Macy's Story, #1; Legal Affairs, #3)
  • Grind (Cal and Macy's Story, #2; Legal Affairs, #4)
  • Yield (Cal and Macy's Story, #3; Legal Affairs, #5)
  • Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll (Legal Affairs, #6)
  • The Pecker Briefs (Legal Affairs, #7)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Make men notice you, and when you’ve fogged their senses with lust, slap them with your brains. Make women want to be like you, but be so confident in your abilities that they will inevitably fall flat on their face. When you finish with your opponents, don’t let them have a moment’s doubt that they’ve met their match.” 2 likes
“I walked into my living room. She was sitting on my couch with Chico’s head in her lap. She was rubbing his ears and making cooing noises at him. She bent over and whispered in his ear, “You love me more than Vanessa, don’t you, buddy?” I had to turn around and walk back into the kitchen and place a kitchen towel in my mouth so she couldn’t hear me laughing. It had become clear to me that Leary was staying at my house to gain favor with my dog and turn his allegiance from Vanessa over to her. Fucking adorable. After” 1 likes