Start by marking “Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)” as Want to Read:
Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)

Remembrance

(The Mediator #7)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  7,841 ratings  ·  1,063 reviews

All Susannah Simon wants is to make a good impression at her first job since graduating from college (and since becoming engaged to Dr. Jesse de Silva). But when she’s hired as a guidance counselor at her alma mater, she stumbles across a decade-old murder, and soon ancient history isn
Published February 2nd 2016 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Remembrance, please sign up.
Morgan Marshall I cant wait to see Suze and Mr de silva! Recently finished the last book and to think about waiting til next year kills me but its sooo worth the wait…moreI cant wait to see Suze and Mr de silva! Recently finished the last book and to think about waiting til next year kills me but its sooo worth the wait!! SO EXCITED(less)
Brittany I would personally say that it would make very little sense and you wouldn't get very much out of it, in comparison to starting with the first book an…moreI would personally say that it would make very little sense and you wouldn't get very much out of it, in comparison to starting with the first book and having that background with the characters/past storylines. The "revelations" aren't going to mean nearly as much to a first time reader.

The segue is kind of natural since it's just a matter of her age. In my opinion, it's hardly a really adult/racy book so not a lot is different to the earlier books.(less)

·  7,841 ratings  ·  1,063 reviews

Start your review of Remembrance (The Mediator, #7)
♥ Becky  22
Feb 24, 2013 marked it as to-read

HOLY SH*T THIS IS HAPPENING OH YES!!!!!!

REMEMBRANCE will be the first ever adult installment of the Mediator, published by William Morrow, the adult division of HarperCollins, the company that brought you the YA books in the series.

I love this!!! I was 14/15 when I read the YA books and now that I've grown up, so have the characters from the Mediator. I am really excited for this!
Louisa
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Sigh....... This was a letdown after my sky high expectations (and how the last Princess Diaries book was basically flawless).

Paul, why did you have to come back? Suze, why so many secrets? Bleh. At least the squad is still as badass as ever. And I want a sequel with the triplets, ASAP.

OH MY GOD MY TEENHOOD

MORE NON-GHOST JESSE AND SUZE

BRB CRYING FOREVER

Melannie :)
February 2, 2016

So I realize you and I don’t know each other, that’s why it’s hard to explain how in love with The Mediator series I am, because if you have met me it would be so obvious. Probably every person I know knows that I love books, and pretty much everyone knows that The Mediator is my numero uno. It’s the series that got me hooked on Young Adult. It’s how I discovered God’s gift to YA, Meg Cabot. I have pretty much memorized each book on the series thanks to the number of times I have
Inês
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There's a 7th book?!!!!!!

This is my favorite book series. EVER!

Suze is coming back!

And Jesse! And he's ALIVE!

My dream has come true...

Natalie Monroe
"You can take the boy out of the darkness. But you can’t take the darkness out of the boy."

This really hard for me to say, so I'm going to say it fast:

Remembranceisn'tasgoodasIexpected.

Don't get me wrong. It's good. It's really good. We see Suze and the gang again, there are panty-melting moments the one Jesse del Silva, and a meaty mystery that keeps you reading.

But—(Come on, you knew there'd be a but)—it's lacking. My expectations were sky high and it fell short of the stars.

The main pr
Elizabeth
UPDATE!!! Now you can pre-order this book from Amazon. I must say I'm not excited at all.
WHO AM I KIDDING WITH?! I've already pre-ordered!!!!!! Here's the link!

WHAT IS THIS THING?! I thought Mediator is already completed. For crying out loud....I'm going crazy knowing Meg Cabot will write another book of this series!!!!!!!!! This series is my favorite among every book from Meg Cabot. I mean all the time. I can't even contain myself right now. Jesse is my
❤ Jane ❤
UPDATE 4/1/2016:
I finished it.
description

All i'm going to say is....You can't NOT love Jesse.
description

I don't want to part with them. Again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browsing...

Browsing...
Browsing....

what the...

OHHH MYYYYYY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHD!

description

ANOTHER FREAKING MEDIATOR BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

description

IVE WAITED FOR THIS SO LONG!

*******************UPDATE****************
IT RELEASES FEBRUARY 14TH 2016!!!! MEG DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW MANY TIMES I'VE
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
So great to be back with Suze & Jesse! I really hope she is releasing another in the series!

CRAZY EXCITED FOR THIS!!!! So awesome that there is an adult follow up to the YA series! More authors should do this!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 5/31/17: Still so sad this is over :( although I will say upon re-reading this, I am a bit more aware of some problematic elements that went on during this book, so I'm knocking off a star. Will probably go into that further in my May Wrap-Up in a few days.

Original read: Thus concludes one of my favorite series of all time. I loved this SO MUCH and I am so sad that it's over :( I JUST WANT MORE
Patrycja
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s, 2016, february-2016
I used to love this series as a teen, it was great to read adult addition to it. Review to come closer to the release date :)
Tabatha
How. Did. I. Not. Know. About. This. ???

Nothing will be able to keep me away !

Over & Out, T xx
Booknut
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every Meg Cabot fan. If you're not a fan...be a fan!
**Catch the original review - gifs and all! - over on my blog**

This is not a drill, everyone. Nor is it an extremely early and well-organised April Fool's joke on the entire Meg Cabot fanbase.

This. Is. Real.

Yes, this seventh book in the highly-acclaimed, swoonworthy and badass The Mediator series is a real dream come true! The 400 page book is TBR February 2nd 2016 which means that you won't have to wait long for more Suze & Jesse awesomeness.

I was lucky enough to acquire an ARC of the book via
Zara Khan
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for this book since FOREVER !!

It has brought back so many memories.
Suze , is all grown up (Around twenty-three something) , she swears a lot , is a badass and sarcastic as ever .

Jasse ( Gosh !Jesse)

Reading this reminded me why I love him (aside from his hot Spanish looks) . He is sweetness -overload , there is no other way I can describe him .

He and Suze compliment each other though their personalities are completely opposite .

She is sarcastic , he is sweet
She is
Giselle
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: borrowed, 2016
After everything Suze and Jesse has been through, REMEMBRANCE is the time where we get to see them older and not necessarily wiser. I find that Suze is still as stubborn and secretive as ever. Maybe I'm being a little too hard on her? But I always find that keeping secrets from your best friend and fiancée isn't going to help your relationship get any stronger. Even if you're trying to protect him that's not really up to you. So I found the ghost story that she ends up solving to be the biggest ...more
Jess
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before I cracked open this book I did what naturally got curious about how much other's hated the book in order to measure if I too was going to rate on the hate meter. I'm a curious and I'm a little attached to a bit of negativity, hence my desire to note "problematic" issues before I come across them firsthand. There was a lot of talk off lost of authenticity, in terms of Suze's voice and Jesse's characterisation. There was boo's for lack of "creativity", in terms of plot (a little too much de ...more
Dayse Dantas
Feb 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, the good news is that this was considerably better than the new Princess Diaries, I actually enjoyed myself at parts and didn't really get angry at any points.
The bad news is that I don't really like Jesse anymore.
Which is totally personal, of course, he didn't get worse or anything, I just realized that his kind of character is not attractive to me anymore, which is precisely one of the perils of books making a "come back". When I was a tween, Suze&Jesse was one of my favorite ships of al
Lea
Nov 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
I have a lot of feelings about this book - only natural, considering The Mediator series was totally my teenaged self's favourite, Suze was my inspiration, and Jesse was totally my book-boyfriend.

In short, I'm disappointed. This (and Proposal) actually feel ghostwritten, that's how different they are from the original series. The plot is really bad. The characterisation drove me up the wall. I'm going to do this in parts because I have a lot to say:

First of all, Proposal and Remembrance are supp
Larissa
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have a lot to say about this book, I'm just not ready yet.
Rashika (is tired)
***This review has also been posted on The Social Potato

I am sorely disappointed. There, I said it. In my history of reading Meg Cabot (and I have read a lot of Meg Cabot since she is one of my fav authors), I have never ever been disappointed and here I am. Sad, angry, not satisfied (cue Hamilton because that is my life.)

Mediator is one of those series I push at everyone who hasn’t read it (ASK JASPRIT. I practically shoved it down her throat. I actually didn’t, but I was very insistent.)
Sadie
Jan 28, 2013 marked it as to-read
When I found out Meg was writing another mediator book, I was FREAKING OUT! I am so excited its unreal. The wait for this book will kill me, but you can't not be completely pumped for this book. :D
Sara (sarawithoutanH)
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
It was fun to read a completely new Mediator novel. The characters were older yet retained their personalities, which was good. The haunting in this book was more complex, which I enjoyed. It was a little less formulaic this time around. The only thing that annoys me is how much Suze hides things - she's a terrible communicator. But that's more of a character flaw than a book flaw. Overall, I really liked this one. The beauty of this series is that I am able to keep my expectations low and have ...more
Sophie
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received an Advance Reader Copy via Edelweiss. This in no way impacted on my view.

This was my second ever approval via Edelweiss, and the fact that it was a book by one of my favourite authors made it all the more better! Cabot's The Mediator series has had a special place in my heart since I read them all way back in 2010 or something, and when I heard that she would be returning to the world, with a new adult book (just like with The Princess Diaries), I was desperate to get my hands on a co
Maggie ☘
Dec 16, 2018 marked it as dnf-on-hold
Shelves: mayhaps-tbr
Time to DNF this one for now. I will get back to it eventually as I reread the whole original series this year just so I could read this new addition, which ended up being (for the about 30% I've read) an annoying dissapointment.

I'm not the biggest fan of Mediator series in the first place, but it had its fun moments and as far as paranormal books from that time go (2005 I think), it was pretty awesome in comparison.

This one though, I could not stand Suze in this one. Jesse seemed slightly out
Amy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourite
This is the 7th book in The Mediator series by Meg Cabot and a long awaited conclusion as the first six were released over 10 years ago! I was first introduced to this series back in high school and Jesse and Suze were my obsession. I also reread the first six books last year to re-immerse myself in the life of a mediator and then straight after, this book was announced, I couldn't have got the timing any better!

Suze was as witty and impressive as ever and the usual characters were involved wit
Joana V.
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meus, inglês
Opinião em português: http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2016/...

Full review: http://pepitamagica.blogspot.pt/2016/...

You know those books that, not being extraordinary, become some of our favourites? The Mediator series is, for me, a series of those books.

And a long time ago I had resigned myself to the six books that the author had written, always with the conviction (for she assured) that there would no longer be any more books of this series. Now imagine my surprise when, after 12 years (I did
Catherine
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Literally. Gasping. For. Breathe. Right. Now.

It’s not right that as a grown woman, I am bouncing on my bed and squealing at the prospect of getting reacquainted with the sexy Jesse De Silva but what can I say? He was the man/ghost of my dreams as a young innocent teen. Clearly, I haven’t grown up as much as I hoped!

OMG…just occurred to me that this is now an adult book sooo does that mean there will be some smexy time featuring a Dr Jesse in a lab coat?

I think I just fainted.
Xueting
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Anyone else really disappointed and underwhelmed by this book? I loved loved loved the mediator series when I was a preteen. I had so much excitement I put on hold so many of my to-reads for this, and it was just bleh :/ the mystery wasn't much of a mystery, it was messily slotted into the book with another plot line, the Paul Slater "bargain", which I have to say was really.....cheap. That's the only word I can think of to describe it now. Cheap for Suze and us readers :/ it also felt so unconv ...more
Sharon
I’m going to miss this series. I fell in love with it pretty much immediately when I was reading the 1st book. It didn’t quite turn out the way I expected as the series progressed, but still, I’ll have a soft spot for this fun series.

Here are some of my thoughts:
• Jesse and Suze have some seriously terrible communication issues, but they also have some rather cute, sweet moments in this book. Despite their faults, I still ship them. Also, it’s nice to see them finally work together in this book.
Lara
Oct 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
WTF?!? WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE RATING THIS BOOK 5 STARS???

I have only made it through chapter two and I'm already so...angry and disgusted and yet simultaneously bored with it that I can't continue. I feel like my love for Suze and Jesse and the original six books in the Mediator series have been forever sullied by this garbage.

Some of the things that pissed me off:

(view spoiler)
Anne Osterlund
Jul 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Suze is having a bad week. First her creepy Mediator nemesis, Paul Slater, shows up, threatening to demolish her childhood home and her fiancé, Jesse. Forever. Then there’s the troubled teen who tried to carve into her wrist. And finally, the little ghost girl hiding under her skirts. Yeah, that would be the one who sets off an earthquake in the counselor’s office.

So much for Suze’s goal to improve on not swearing.

Remembrance is an adult continuation of Meg Cabot’s YA Mediator series. The charac

• Sanctuary (1-800-Where-R-You, #4)
  • Code Name Cassandra (1-800-Where-R-You, #2)
  • When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
  • Safe House (1-800-Where-R-You, #3)
  • Where Roses Grow Wild (Rawlings, #1)
  • Beyond Fate (Fate, #1.5)
  • Betty & Veronica: Senior Year
  • Evermore: Everlasting Forever
  • Lock and Key (Nocturne Academy, #1)
  • Portrait Of My Heart (Rawlings, #2)
  • School of Fortune
  • Dear Nameless Stranger: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Broken Hearts Honeymoon: A feel-good tale that will transport you to the cherry blossoms of Tokyo
  • Catwoman, Vol. 6: Keeper of the Castle
  • Catwoman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
  • Ghosted in L.A., Vol. 1
  • Untamed Hunger (The Infinite City, #3)
  • Bound to the Dark Prince: The Fae Wars Book 1

The Mediator (7 books)
  • Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)
  • Ninth Key (The Mediator, #2)
  • Reunion (The Mediator, #3)
  • Darkest Hour (The Mediator, #4)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)
  • Twilight (The Mediator, #6)