Start by marking “Buzz Books 2015: Fall/Winter” as Want to Read:
Buzz Books 2015: Fall/Winter

Buzz Books 2015: Fall/Winter

The seventh edition of Buzz Books is a treasure-trove of substantial excerpts from dozens of the most highly-touted books to be published this fall/winter. Our “digital convention” features such major authors as Geraldine Brooks, Lauren Groff, Alice Hoffman, Janice Lee, Ron Rash, and Adriana Trigiani. We showcase debut novelists you’ve already heard of—Sloane Crosley, Jess ...more
Published May 13th 2015 by Publishers Lunch

Elyse Walters
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
My friend, Suzanne, laughed at me...when she saw I was going to read this...
Thinking..."haven't you already either read or know of every book coming out in 2015?"

No... Suzanne, I missed many great gems! I actually have another GR's friend to thank..'Esil'...
For putting the buzz-in-my-ear... To check out the new fall/winter goodies!!

Buzz books are 'treat-candies' for readers!

"Bream Gives Me Hiccups", by Jesse Eisenberg .. I've already read... It's deliciously terrific. You can read my review.

"T
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I always pick up Buzz Books editions when they come up on Netgalley. They mess with my overall Netgalley average but they are book crack.

Some that look good in this edition include:

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald

The Forgetting Time by Sharon Guskin

Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart

Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff

Above the Waterfall by Ron Rash

Home Is Burning by Dan Marshall
Cathy (cathepsut)
A sampler collection of upcoming books for Fall/Winter 2015. Nice idea, although I am not convinced that it still is a useful tool in this day and age of online bookstores and social media. But then again, I came across some interesting sounding novels and I might even be tempted to pick up one or two of them.

Geraldine Brooks, The Secret Chord ***
A re-telling of the life of King David. Sucked me right in, I was glued to the first few pages. Could be a great deal of fun, when in the mood for his
Amanda Jane
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Buzz books are perfect particularly for us Bibliophiles out there. Instead of paying and wading through books whether it's online or in the bookstores this gives us a taste of upcoming books in our favourite genres.

I love discovering those little gems you that you would have not likely looked at it twice for a number of reasons such as...because of the cover or the description on the back cover etc

A perfect example of a book that I wouldn't had a second look at is Dick Van Dyke's Keep on Moving
Jen
May 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I'm starting to think that I'm an immature crusty adult, because I just can't seem to get into half of the excerpts in this collection. I seemed to enjoy the YA offerings more. Does that make me immature or wise beyond my years? I don't think adult literature has to be dry and boring and stuffy just because it's for those older than their teen years. In fact, the excerpts I enjoyed the most were those that had humor to them. And I'm not prejudiced against the aged, as Dick Van Dyke's memoir rece ...more
Sharon
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
These collections are invaluable when it comes to upcoming releases. They give a really decent excerpt of several books to watch out for this Autumn/Winter - in this case, 33 different titles. With many, there are links to request the ARC on Netgalley, or with some, I've found they'll take you directly to the ARC download link.

This edition is divided up into three parts - Fiction, Debut Fiction, and Non-Fiction.

FICTION
There were 14 books covered here. The latest book from Mitch Albom, The Magi
Biblio Files (takingadayoff)
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Twice a year PublishersLunch releases a digital line up of the most anticipated books of the coming season. It's intended for booksellers, librarians, and other book people to read some samples of books the publishers are excited about and get a "buzz" going. In addition to the more than thirty books excerpted in this edition of Buzz Books, there's also a Preview section that alerts us to even more books that are on the way. This is a great way to get ready for BookExpo America (BEA) if you are ...more
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks

Buzz Books 2015: Fall/Winter features summaries and excerpts from some of the new books coming out later this year.

This Buzz Books is divided into three categories: 1-Fiction, 2-Debut Fiction, 3-Nonfiction. Also there is a big section previewing a lot more books from the Fall 2015/Winter 2016 publishing season.

I love reading the preview section. And I enjoy going through all of these upcoming books. I read each book's summary. And then I look more closely at any books that I think I might want t
Marjolein
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Just as the Young Adult edition I preferred this one to the last. A diverse mix of excerpts with the possibility to request many of the books on Netgalley. Many books looked appealing, but I'm limiting myself here to showing the books I've since been able to get a review copy of.

The Secret Chord - Geraldine Brooks

Fates and Furies - Lauren Groff

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend - Katarina Bivald

Abby
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
While I love the concept of Buzz Books, I gave this version a lower rating solely because I wasn't interested in these specific excerpts. I think that adult fiction is a bit more general than young adult fiction, meaning that it's easier to like a majority of YA fiction than adult fiction. I still love Buzz Books and will continue reading their publications!
Karen
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Looks like a great book season coming up. Just need more hours in the day to read.
Blair
Above the Waterfall by Ron Rash
All the Stars in the
Beth Beth
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
So many of these were too hard to really crack in that my interest waned in them. I enjoyed the YA compilation much better. Not that I don't usually prefer YA but I had hoped to find some Adult Literary Novels worth reading in a compilation of 33 works.

The Titles included in this book:

Fiction
The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
The Secret Chord by Geraldine Brooks
Made to Kill by Adam Christopher
Don't Let My Baby Do Rodeo by Boris Fishman
Captain in Ca
Christine Roberts
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this preview of upcoming releases.
The following books were "standouts" for me that were included in the previews:

The Incarnations
Bream Gives Me Hiccups
Gold, Fame, Citrus
Home Is Burning
Keep Moving: And Other Tips About Old Age

While I enjoyed the excerpts from most of the upcoming novels, both fiction and nonfiction, these 11 stood
Martha Bullen
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I applaud Publishers Lunch editor Michael Cader for dreaming up and creating Buzz Books. These are free e-book samplers of hotly anticipated new books published twice a year.

These books are designed to bring upcoming books to the attention of people in the publishing industry, such as librarians, book critics, publishers, booksellers and authors. They're usually released before the American Library Assn. Midwinter Meeting and the largest book industry conference, Book Expo America. These jam-pac
Lisa
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book free from Net Galley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is a remarkable book that gives an amazing amount of information to those readers who like to research a book before they actually read them. This book is divided into three different groups: fiction, debut fiction and non-fiction. Within each group, the author chooses several different genres to introduce to the readers.

The author writes a very complete summary of each book included. Each summary
Peggy Geiger
Sep 14, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned, favorites, giveaway
The review is of the 7th edition of Buzz Book's semi-annual collection of fiction, non-fiction and debut fiction novels to be published this season. This offering contains 34 previews usually consisting of the first 3 chapters written by both best selling and established authors as well as new, debut novelists. There is also an additional list of about 100 future titles included with the excerpts.

Many of the books have direct links to NetGalley for requesting an ARC. As a reviewer, I use this l
So, I Read This Book Today
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So many books! Every year hundreds of books show up on the market. But how do you weed through them all? One way is by checking out the suggestions of the good people at Publishers Lunch. The seventh edition of Buzz Books includes an amazing array of fiction and nonfiction books that have caught the attention of the publishing world this year. Included are major writers such as Geraldine Brooks, Lauren Groff, Alice Hoffman, Janice Lee, Ron Rash, and Adriana Trigiani. And new voices such as Virgi ...more
Lawral
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a great mix of upcoming titles! A few I am especially excited about are:
The Expatriates by Janice Y K Lee
Tender by Belinda McKeon
Early One Morning by Virginia Bailey
Gold Fame Citrus by Claire Vaye Watkins (!!!)
No Baggage by Clara Bensen
Notorious RBG by

I was surprised to love what I read of Bream Gives Me Hiccups by Jesse Eisenberg. As much as I want to decry the actor turned novelist trend, this collection of short stories could be pretty good. I laughed
Alice
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
I know this book is a few months old now; but as i've said in my previous review on Buzz Books 2015: Spring/Summer, it never hurts to discover new books.

The book presents you with 34 books. The setup of this book was easy to follow. If a book did not interest you, you can skip to the next one with ease. There was a brief summary and an excerpt of the first few pages attached to each book to make it easier on the reader and let them decide if they like what they're reading.

Out of the 34 books tha
Gloria
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for an e-ARC of this books.
Buzz Books provides excerpts of over 30 books as well as previewing
many more. Even though I read Publisher's Weekly pretty faithfully, I
learned about books of which I was previously unaware. While I didn't
share the compiler's enthusiasm for all of the books, I felt a good
assortment was provided and excerpts tell one so much more about the
book than a review or a summary.
A great resource and I am glad to have found it. It is har
Lolly K Dandeneau
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Portable Veblen by Elizabeth Mckenzie was a fantastic, quirky read- one of my favorite arcs this year.
Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors and her novel The Marriage of Opposites is a wonderful story based on real life people- though it isn't 'magical' as many of my most beloved books by her, there is still a sprinkle here and there. I'm interested in The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom after having read the excerpt. Certainly it's a great year in reading- happy day.
Lori Shafer
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Librarians: Reader's advisory
This book is the first of its kind for me to read. At first, I was a little disappointed because it seemed to be the same books that would almost be an obvious purchase for most libraries like Mitch Albom. But as I got further into the book, I found some true hidden gems. I chose more than a few titles to purchase for my library, but I also found a couple of titles for our book discussion groups. I would say this is a must read for librarians or just people who are looking for a new book or auth ...more
Jenn Ballmann
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I was sent a copy of the book for review through Net Galley, as always, all opinions are my own.

I love that I have the option to read selections from popular new releases all in one handy ebook. There were only a couple of books that caught my eye this time, but I’m especially excited about Mitch Albom’s new book The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto and The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald.
Ann
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this type of preview book. I always find new authors to add to my list. I also find favorite authors with new goodies on the way. I'm excited to see Mitch Albom's new story, The Magic strings of Frankie Presto, based on music. One I'll look for is A line of blood by Ben McPherson. This is a wonderful idea and hope they continue publishing. They have A teen collection and a spring copy. Available on Netgalley, be sure to look for it.
Shawn
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was not disappointed by this book. It is a great way to read excerpts of this year upcoming book to decide on what is are my must read books. It also made it possible for me to sample books that I may not have otherwise paid attention to. Several books I am truly anticipating the release dates and have added them to my wish list. I received this advanced copy from Netgalley.
Elizabeth
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really devoured this book of upcoming reads! I love to find out what's coming out so that I can put them on my "To Read" list. There are a number of great ones coming out this fall!

Thank you to NetGalley and Publishers Lunch BUZZ BOOKS for the opportunity to see my future reading!
Ida
Jan 11, 2016 added it
I always enjoy reading through the excerpts of the Buzz Books catalogues. I love getting a sneak peek and adding the best excerpts to my goodreads shelf!There are some great upcoming titles!
Looking forward to the Spring 2016 edition.
N.N. Light
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Want to know what coming out this coming Fall and Winter?

This book is filled with excerpts on all the new books for 2015. I loved it and have added many new books to my to be read/reviewed list.

Did I mention how much I love getting sneak picks like this?

I DO!

Rachel Bridgeman
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Always a favourite, I love picking books for my Christmas List from here! Love the wide variety of books that are picked from fiction/non-fiction and have a few new favourite authors I'd not heard of before.