Start by marking “Coming to Hale (Hale #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming to Hale (Hale #1)

Read Book

Coming to Hale

(Hale #1)

The only time she trusted someone with her heart, she was just a girl; he betrayed her and left her humiliated. Since then, Lorali Bennett has let that moment in time dictate her life.

Ian Hale, sexy as sin business mogul, has never had more than a passing interest in any particular woman, until a chance encounter with Lorali, leaves a lasting mark on him.

Their fast pac
Published May 29th 2015 (first published April 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Coming to Hale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coming to Hale

Start your review of Coming to Hale (Hale #1)
Olga therebelreader
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
***3.5 stars***
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I will start off by saying this book was scorching hot!!

Lorali is very wary of falling for another guy since the first one she loved broke her heart and her trust.

Ian Hale is a workaholic, yet he comes to the rescue of those that he loves. On one specific night, while he was doing just that, he sees a beautiful creature but doesn't get her name. He's surprised to see this same beautiful creature at a function, but makes sure he reminds her who he is and my goodness, can his man get you all wet
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
DNF'd at 25%

I can't take this Lorali girl. She's judgmental, superficial, and lacking in so many ways that it's impossible to like her. I didn't even get to the juicy bits :(
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
This is an amazing debut novel. I was literally gripped from start to finish. It's an easy read with some brilliant hot and sexy scenes.

After being hurt by an ex boyfriend Lorali doesn't want to get close to another male. She's afraid of getting hurt again. However after bumping into billionaire Ian a few times the attraction just keeps getting stronger. Can she open her heart and trust Ian?

Great storyline with some strong characters. Fantastic secondary characters that I look forward to readin
Anna
May 31, 2015 rated it liked it
3 low stars.

At first read I was pretty happy with the flow. Snappy dialogue, attraction, you get the picture. Then it started feeling a little disjointed for me. I kept reading because there were more good moments than “huh?” moments. Then the final couple of chapters ruined it for me. The h, Lorali, IMHO was just a dumba##. She’s a 4.0 GPA college graduate, trained in journalism and investigative reporting, yet she does no researching of Ian, the H, and her stupid suspicions. She drives by, see
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Coming to Hale was a spectacular read for a debut novel. Marie set out to delivery a knock out novel and succeed with Ian and Lorali. This is book 1 in the Coming to Hale series and I can’t wait to learn more about the next set of characters in book 2. Let me tell you why I enjoyed Coming to Hale so much.

Ian and Lorali have undeniable chemistry between the two of them. Lust and desire was pliable and had my eager for them to finally give in and go for it. Lorali being the level headed character
Brenda Wright
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story. Lorali is focused on her new job. She finally is moving up and she wants to be the best she can so that she can keep moving up. Insert sexy millionaire Ian (sigh) Hale. During a chance meeting she felt tingles. It wasn't until later that she finds out who this guy is. They meet again and Ian, who also felt the tingles has to have her.

I love their whole journey. They have great chemistry together. They both speak their minds and know what they want. This is a great story.....on
Ally  Cakes
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
1.5 Stars. This book flirts with ridiculousness too much. I first it was funny, then it was just annoying. Too much lack of communication. Seemed more of a high school dating relationship instead of a grown up one.
Athena
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Coming to Hale is a great and original story about a woman who doesn’t believe in fairytales but gets it anyway!

I really loved this story, because in some ways I am like Lorali. I believe in the too-good-to-be-true fact. Her story gives hope to people like us who don’t believe in the dream so much. And did I mention it’s original? It’s so hard to find a story that isn’t similar to another these days, which makes me cherish these unique, beautiful stories even more!

This is the debut of Marie Jame
AC Squared Book Blog
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This is really a 6+ star book! I was lucky enough to win the whole series in a contest on Facebook and man am I glad!!!! I absolutely love Marie James' writing and this doesn't disappoint!

The chemistry and detail that she is able to get across with her writing is indescribable. As you start reading her novels you are captivated within minutes. This whole book only took me three hours to read. I carried my phone with me through the house even so I didn't have to stop reading.

The chemistry that
Jackie's Book Review
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
For new author Marie James Coming to Hale was a great debut book by far!

Very enjoyable read from start to finish. The storyline keeps you moving from the very first chapter when the main characters Lorali Bennett and Ian Hale meet for the first time.

At first meeting between these two it was pretty funny they way Marie wrote it like...what are the chances of that happening. This time however Lorli seems to have left an impression with Ian who never really ever gave a second thought to a woman bef
Heather Cavanaugh
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Coming to Hale was the debut book by Marie James she did a great job with this one. Lorali and Ian had a chemistry that was undeniable. 4.5 Stars

Lorali is a journalist working at The Courier she currently moved up to the Lifestyle section from the Obits. One night while at the laundromat she lays her eyes on a man that smelled amazing and had the most piercing eyes. She couldn’t get him off her mind.

The first time Ian laid his eyes on Lorali he couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. He knew h
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lorali seems to have a stroke of bad luck lately ...her washing machine dies a spluttering death and her car is in the workshop but every cloud has a silver lining and hers comes in the form of a promotion of sorts , she's a journalist and she now moves from attending funerals and writing obituaries to attending parties and writing for the lifestyle section .

I did mention her washing machine broke. ... well a gal does need clean clothes so she's off to the laundromat and this is where she first
Julie Barrett
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was really impressed by this debut novel from Marie James. It is the first book in the Hale series, but each book features a different couple and are standalones. Coming to Hale is a fun, sexy book that was a nice and easy read for me. The main characters were well drawn and likable, and there is a good cast of supporting characters too, which bodes well for future books in the series.

Billionaire Ian and reporter Lorali literally run into each other by chance, but after a brief encounter never
DJ Sakata
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

“She’s now glaring at me like I drank the last of the wine and forgot to refrigerate another bottle, one of the seven deadly sins according to her.”

“I thought the kiss in the hallway was incredible. This kiss. This kiss was sell your first child just to get another perfect.”

“This man topless could end wars, everyone stopping their battle just to stare at his perfection.”

“I’ve never needed anyone as much as I need you, Lorali. I can’t even form words to explain it.”

My Review:

Comin
ByoBook Club
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hot, hot , hot...

Ian Hale had a glimpse of Lorali Bennett in a chance encounter at a laundromat of all places. That awkward, yet funny, moment sets the tone for this sexy, humorous read. Lorali is happy to start covering stories about the living as her work in the Lifestyles section of a local Denver paper starts off at two local social events. What were the odds that she would meet up again with the sexy stranger? Wary of the uber-attractive, businessman, Lorali couldn’t help but see where the
Amy
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lorali is an up and coming journalist. Ok maybe not, but she is a journalist, just to the dead of Denver, Colorado. Her boss gives her a chance to swing with the living, sending her to a high society charity event, where she runs into Ian Hale - again. This time, he makes a move, only to have her walk away.

Ian Hale is one of Denver's top sexiest singles. Land him and you land a God! He is fascinated by Lorali. She is beautiful, sassy, and smart. He can't stop thinking, no lusting about her and w
Jessica
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lorali and Ian fall fast and hard, but both are completely out of their element when it comes to their relationship. Lorali has serious trust issues and goes into the relationship with eyes wide open. Ian has never experienced the pull and desire for Lorali. He can not get her out of his head. It's so bad it is effecting his work. I must say the sex between these two was intense. While it was interesting to see what Ian planned next I felt most of the first half or so of the book was just sex. I ...more
Lisa Cullinan
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this story ~ Ian Hale was hard not to like - sexy, rich and sweet. Loreli was funny, sweet and sassy. At times Loreli seemed pretty immature as well. There was a turning point in the story where Loreli assumed Ian was involved in something illegal. Instead of confronting him, she ended everything in haste and threw Ian under the bus to the police. l would have liked to know more of a background and specifics about both characters. There were definitely some really funny parts to this sto ...more
booklover
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!

**REVIEWING FOR 'ONE CLICK AHOLICS BOOK GROUP**
Where to start with this review....
Lorali ~ A journalist with a past experience that has broken her trust in men that is until she meets, or rather bumps literally into Ian Hale !
Ian ~ A wealthy men, never seen with any one woman more than once. A socialite and extremely handsome alpha man too who isn't used to chasing woman,more that they chase him in the vain hope of being the one to tie him down!
To say he's enamoured by Lorali would be
Reviews from the Heart
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from Author Marie James and i must say that I did enjoy it. For me this was a quick one. I loved the dynamic between Lorali and Ian. The sexual banter between the two had me smiling while I was reading. And the sex scenes were pretty hot also. I absolutely adored Ian even though he was a billionaire you don't see much of that in the story. It seems like a normal down to earth guy. The only change I would have made in the story was the epilogue. I just wish it would have bee ...more
Judie
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

Lorali is a girl that has been hurt by her ex and has guarded herself from hurt for fear of it happening again. Then enters Ian. Sexy, yummy Ian. Swoon! These two ignite something massive within one another & you will not want to stop reading until the end to see how their story turns out!!!
Kelly
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read2015
Oh wow what a scorching hot book, as I was reading the pages were burning lol be warned this has one intense alpha billionaire, and one feisty journalist, their chemistry together was super nova hot and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about them. It is sweet, sexy, has a little bit of mystery and a lovely HEA can't wait for Garrett and Alexa's story
Konica
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
When I first read the first few chapters, I thought this book had lots of potential. Though there was not enough character building. At times I thought the MC Lorali, was a little dense. The book jumped right into lust and there wasn't really a plot, but a misunderstanding... I thought this book could have been a lot better.
Jos
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Solid Stars!!!!

I truly enjoyed reading about Lorali and Ian and hope to get meow about them in the future books as well!!!! I am really looking forward to Alexa and Garrett's story in the second book of this series!
MaRanda
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lorali and Ian have a wonderful story! I absolutely loved Ian. He knows what he wants and goes after it. They meet at a laundromat and a few times after... And then it gets GOOD! Their story is pretty hot!
French Press Bookworm Blog
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 stars

This one was short and sweet. I loved Ian and his aloha hotness but I also liked that he was the kinda man who didn't need games and just went after what he wanted. I really enjoyed this read and can't wait for the next one
Teresa Cain
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!!!! Def a one click. The story is intense and I could not put the book down. Finished it in less than a day
Diane Norwood For The Love of Pimping
OMG!!! I so fell in love with this book. I received this book as an arc copy. and I am so glad I did. This book was awesome from start to finish... love me some Ian Hale!!
Jessica Martell
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SMOKING HOT.....YOU MUST READ THIS AWESOME BOOK.
You will not be disappointed. Promise
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Breaking Dragon (Savage Brothers MC, #1)
  • Illusive (Storm MC, #5)
  • Slay (Storm MC, #4)
  • Command (Storm MC, #6)
  • Blood & Bones: Deacon (Blood Fury MC #4)
  • Shaker (Blackwings MC, #5)
  • Betting on Forever (Battle Born MC #1)
  • Carbon (Blackwings MC, #4)
  • Phoenix (Blackwings MC, #3)
  • Layer by Layer (Riggins Brothers #1)
  • Blood & Bones: Judge (Blood Fury MC, #3)
  • Savior (Blackwings MC - Devil Springs, #3)
  • Living for Forever (Battle Born MC, #3)
  • The Difference
  • Guts & Glory: Mercy (In the Shadows Security, #1)
  • Castle of Kings
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
  • Duke (Blackwings MC, #2)

Last Release:
Tug: Cerberus MC Book 10

Next Release: Scooter: Cerberus MC Book 11

Marie James is a mother of two boys and wife of 15 years. She's spent most of her life lifetime living in central Texas, with only short stays in South Carolina, Alabama, and Florida. Her passions include reading everything under the sun and sewing, although she doesn't ge

Hale (4 books)
  • Begging for Hale (Hale, #2)
  • Hot as Hale (Hale #3)
  • To Hale and Back (Hale #4)

News & Interviews

“me and sighs. I can tell she’s quite content where she is beside me as well. I can’t wait to get her home…and under me. It only takes twenty-five” 0 likes