Start by marking “The Innocent (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
The Innocent (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #1)

The Innocent (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #1)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
"I wonder who would shoot a girl so young...?" The question haunted him as he left the river and her grave behind.
Harvey West is given a month. One month to prove his innocence. As the evidence points him to the gallows, he fights to find the enemy of the beautiful Elsie Roselind. Someone wanted her gone.
Someone destroyed the evidence. Someone had to kill to keep her fr
Published May 19th 2015 by Willowy Whisper

To ask other readers questions about The Innocent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Innocent

Elaina
I loved this short story so much!! I especially love it when books start right off the bat with action and are fast-paced like this book was! The first scene had me hooked and wanting to read on to see what was going to happen next! I have never really read much short stories or murder mysteries before this book, and I am surprised by how much I enjoyed it ^_^

At the beginning of the story I did not really care for Abigail that much…but as the story progressed, I understood her better and ended
Blessing Counter
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A wonderful mystery story! I started this book not really knowing what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised! I was hooked after the very first chapter. I kinda guessed who the bad guy was before he was revealed, but I was still surprised at how it all turned out. The plot is very well done and develops nicely. Not too fast, not too slow ;) My favourite character has got to be Harvey - he’s such a sweet man <3 <3 <3 And one thing I really liked about Abigail is how she wasn’t made to ...more
C.B. Cook
I have never been a big fan of Western books.

I’ve figured out that this is because most Western books I’ve read fit into one of two categories: school-ish historical fiction or romance. Neither of those are my type, and most of the ones I’ve read are horribly cliché, as well.

But this one… sure, it has some romance, but it’s a Western mystery! And that, my friends, was what hooked me from the start.

The book jumps right into the action. While our main character, Harvey, is investigating, Willowy g
Willowy Whisper
Apr 21, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Innocent (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #1) is a Christian-fiction, romance, western, and murder mystery novel. Intended for ages 13 and up, but appropriate for any age, although there is some violence and kissing.
Kellyn Roth
Originally posted on Reveries Reviews.

Title: The Innocent

Author: Willowy Whisper

Series: Hills of Innocence, #1

Genre: Historical Mystery/Romance

Era: probably late 1800s (Old West)

Setting: Old West

Publisher: Willowy Whisper

Source: from author (in exchange for honest review)

Overall Rating: 4/5

The Innocent by Willowy Whisper

The Innocent (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #1) by Willowy Whisper

Harvey West is given a month. One month to prove his innocen
Faith
My rating: 4.5 stars

Having already read book one in this series (The Letter) some things were 'spoiled' for me. Not that I mind! I've read many series in the wrong order and it really doesn't mother me. :P I spent a great deal of the book just as much on the edge of my seat as I would've been if I hadn't already read book-2. ;)

Harvey -- I LOVE THIS GUY SO MUCH OKAY. Like, just everything. His search for truth, his friendship with Brock (who's also my favorite, by the way), and his inner turmoi
Sarah Grace
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Star rating: 3.5 stars.

This book. Hm. I have mixed feelings on it. The main issues I had were the typos, while occasional, were still there, and some historical inaccuracies. I also feel like for such a short book, it dragged some.

I also didn't like the emphasis placed on physical attraction. That part bothered me, as well as the lack of chaperones, which I know was kind of inevitable.

I liked the character of Harvey, especially his relationship with the little boy. (Jimmy? I can't remember his
Hanna
Wow... this book was amazing! The characters... so lovable(except, of course, the hatable ones) The plot... intriguing from the start. The romance... absolutely perfect. The development of everything I already mentioned was amazing, despite the shortness of this story. I immediately loved Harvey and I didn't immediately love Abigail. Of course, having a sweet little boy named Jimmy around just topped the whole thing off. Harvey's faith was perfect, (in a way) and so was Abigail's. (in a totally ...more
Rebekah
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I never, in all my life, thought I would read a murder mystery and finish it with this thought: "Aww, that's so sweet!"
But this book was like that. Even though it IS about a falsely accused man trying to prove his innocence while the true murderer does everything it can to keep him from accomplishing that...the side story of a girl learning who was worthy of her live and trust was, well, sweet. :)
I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for this review and I must say it was totally wor
Amanda Tero
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

Plot interest and character development: 4 stars
My own personal conviction rating: 2 1/2 stars

The Innocent begins when Harvey West finds a girl killed by the creek. It follows his journey to prove his innocence when all evidence seems to point to him as killer.

There were many likeable characters. My personal favorites were Jimmie and Brock.

From what little western research I've done, it seems very much in line with how trials and proving in
Elisha Andres
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: homeschoolers
Very good suspense, it takes hold of you, forcing you to find out what happens, and finish! The author did a great job of writing it and forming the mystery. You sure don't have a clue about anything until it comes out in the open. Terrifyingly exciting when you don't know what is going to happen next!
Too much romance, like most books though. :( If you want a book just for the mystery it is great. I would prefer a book with less romance though. However, if you want to skip over those parts - i
Rebekah Duncan
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting!! It kept me on the edge of my seat on every page and I was so desperate to know what was going to happen! I loved the characters and the author did a great job with Abigail. She was flawed like the rest of us and very relatable. The whole thing with Brocke was so sad. I felt so bad for him. All in all, it was a great story!
Ghost Ryter
Review to come.
Jesseca Wheaton
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable mystery that kept me guessing! The characters were all very endearing, especially Brock, in my opinion! ;) The opening bit got my attention immediately, and I was caught up in the story.

The only reason I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because I felt uncomfortable with a few of the scenes. There was nothing inappropriate, but it still put me on edge. There was also the fact that there was quite a bit of kissing with a guy Abigail didn't end up marrying. (I'll let
Alicia
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! It was well-written, the mystery was exciting, and the romance (well, the one that worked out) was sweet. My favourite parts were the ones with Jimmy, the little "Indian chief" that befriends the main character Harvey.

I would have liked further details about the characters and their background stories, since I didn't feel like I learned a whole lot about the characters throughout the story than what was already presented in their first descriptions (except for the mu
Emily
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr
It was full of mysteries. I love how the whole thing turned.... Perfect for teens and young adults and women, more for women.
J.C.
Lauren Young
May 20, 2016
Anne
Aug 01, 2016
Willowy Whisper is a young Christian fiction author. She lives somewhere in the middle of nowhere, smack-dab in the country hills of West Virginia. She is the author of nine novels, eight of which are published, and numerous short stories. She is also a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, an incurable romantic, and a passionate dreamer. To follow her, visit her blog at www.willowywhisper.com.
More about Willowy Whisper

Hills of Innocence Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Letter (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #2)
  • The Pursued (Hills of Innocence Trilogy #3)