Start by marking “Moon Time: Harness the Ever-Changing Energy of Your Menstrual Cycle” as Want to Read:
Moon Time: Harness the Ever-Changing Energy of Your Menstrual Cycle

Read Book* *Different edition

Moon Time: Harness the Ever-Changing Energy of Your Menstrual Cycle

#1 in Menstruation on Amazon Hailed as 'life-changing' by women around the world, Moon Time shares a fully embodied understanding of your menstrual cycle. Full of practical insight, empowering resources, creative activities and passion, this book will put you back in touch with your body’s wisdom. · Learn to live in flow with your female body · Find balance in your life an ...more
Paperback, 2nd, 192 pages
Published April 22nd 2015 by Womancraft Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Time

Start your review of Moon Time: Harness the Ever-Changing Energy of Your Menstrual Cycle
Susanna
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucy writes with such warmth and tenderness, I felt welcomed as a reader from the first page. This book gave me a picture to put together all the puzzle pieces, why do I get so irritated? Why do I have lots of energy one day, but feel exhausted the next? It invites us to look at our monthly cycle and understand the way our body follows natural rhythms.

I had one of those ah-ha! moments, where it felt as if understanding had finally slotted into place. I am emotional, sometimes I go through phase
Molly
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-books
Delightful resource for the empowered woman! I read this one twice this year.
Jaclyn H
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had some good information I'm going to try to implement into my life,and also use as my daughters come of age :)
Cathy Carpenter
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
This was very interesting and thought-provoking. I'm curious about my various bio-rhythms and energy cycles, and this definitely gives me some new perspectives as I get to know myself better.
Molly
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
My first reading of the book Moon Time in 2012 had a profound impact on my personal understanding of the natural ebb and flow of my energy in connection to my body's cyclical nature.

Moon Time is written in a friendly, conversational tone and is a quick read with a lot of insight into the texture and tone of our relationships with menstruation.

The book contains information about charting cycles and about our relationship to our bodies and our fertility. I especially enjoyed the excellent section
Jackie Singer
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As a fan of Lucy’s first edition Moon Time – A guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle – I was curious to see what’s new in this second edition. Firstly the subtitle – Harnessing the ever-changing energy of your menstrual cycle. This change reflects a confidence and sense of purpose in the new edition. Lucy now knows how powerful this work is because of the feedback she’s received from women who were touched by the first book. I particularly enjoyed the new chapter, Living and Working by our C ...more
Maresa
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Informative and empowering minus the white magic, Wicca, and Hindu influences throughout the book. I think this book could have been written in a more neutral tone to respect women of all belief systems or those with none. The religious references could have been in the back of the book perhaps.
Melissa Bugeja
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IF you want to know a bit on your cycle scientifically but wish to know more how it effects you on a daily basis this is the book for you.
Tigerlily
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super good book! I am very glad I bought it. Great advice and makes you feel good about being a woman!
Mèo Puu
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
25 years old but until this book, I've captured a more tender and overall picture towards my own menstrual cycle. I don't remember exactly how many times I complaint and curse myself like a teenage again due to all the PMT. A period often means a failure that I have to postpone a lot of events along with the desire to smash plates, slam doors and destroy the world. I want to run, to hide, to quit once and for all. This book helps me to realize that all these are signals of my denial of creative ...more
Meeka Johnakin
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Moon Time: Harness the ever-changing energy of your menstrual cycle -Lucy H. Pearce

I enjoyed it. I learned a lot of new info that I will be incorporating into my life. It has inspired me to relearn a lot of stuff I forgot about related to menstruation. I am also now curious and will casually research how women & their menstruations have been treated world wide throughout history culturally.

I plan to immediately read next:
The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

Teeny weensy things, when they talked about wh
Bleeping Bee
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely mandatory book for any woman to read. This gave me the tools I needed to develop a healthier relationship to my body and womanhood. It is so easy to casually attack one's own femininity - we are primed for it throughout society. I found this book when I first realized how much of my life I had spent brooding resentment towards being a woman and wanted to change that. I am a lot more comfortable in my own body and experience now. Love the exercises she suggests in this book as well and ...more
Briana
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been charting the scientific data concerning my cycle for awhile now but this book helped me take it to the next level in a spiritual way. It encouraged and empowered me to think about how I use my cycle for channeling creativity, which is awesome considering I am a professional musician. For any artists out there, a lot of what she says parallels some concepts in the book The Artist's Way, just adding the factor of the menstrual cycle.
Enswanson
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a tender and inspiring book for bleeding people at any point in their development. I’m in my 40’s and still found the suggestions for tuning into and ritualizing my monthly cycle very helpful and loving. This felt like the older sister, auntie or wise woman I was missing to guide me into the sacred stewardship of female cycling.
Savannah
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great introduction to honoring our moon cycles and ourselves as dynamic women. The only real criticism that I have is that I wish this book went into more detail. It's a quick read itself, but the author offers plenty of really great resources to continue reading on the subject, which I think makes up for the lake of detail in this particular volume.
Kara Pena
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping this book would have been more detailed. It only goes over the surface of each topic. It’s a great book to introduce you to your Moon time. It will help to inspire you to take more pride in your mensuration. This is also a great recourse if you are looking for ways to discuss your daughters first cycle with her. This book help to take away the shame of what we are born with.
Leslie Rewis
Not too much woo - could use more fertility info

This has some interesting activities and ceremonies. I feel like there could have been more on fertility awareness and how to chart.
Haych Hashi
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some aspects of this book I didn’t agree with (such as spiritualism, ceremonies etc) but I enjoyed the overall message of this book and I plan to apply some tips I found beneficial.
Natalie Dressman
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some of the specific suggestions were a bit extreme for my taste, but I appreciate the overarching concepts very much.
Brooke Shoevlin
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a lovely book, full of so much information for women of all ages. Some parts of it were a little too “woo woo” for me, but overall it was a very enlightening book. I enjoyed it!
Shaina
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book that opened my eyes to the natural cycles of every living thing around me and the interconnectedness of it all. I can’t wait to have my daughter read it when the time is right.
Sadie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yup. Very good.
Sienna
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great resource for anyone looking to learn more about the menstrual cycle and how to embrace it, rather than ignore it the way that society has been telling us to for decades.
Pearce offers resources for celebrating the phases that women experience throughout their life and using the energy of different parts of the menstrual cycle in a way that is beneficial, as well as allowing oneself to just be while experiencing menstruation.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is intere
Gail
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I wrote a long review called Moon Message #19, see above.

This is a powerful reference for all women who are currently between 12 and 52, "silent sisters of the Moon," as Lucy Pearce calls the 2 Billion women in the midst of their luscious years.

I say thank you to Lucy and recommend this to all women, bleeding or not, for the Moon practices that we can put into place around the planet for the daughters and granddaughters we are helping to raise.

Bravo!
Ariestess
This has been on my "got it free via Amazon Kindle" list for a while, so I thought it might be an interesting read. Turns it out wasn't as interesting as I'd wanted it to be. It's a fine book for someone who is a little more fluffy bunny Wiccan about their periods than I am. I did get some interesting info about herbal remedies to use, but I doubt I'll use any of the other information in the book.
Nikki
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is very interesting and I will definitely be talking a lot from this book! Great advice on how women are more than society labels us to be and how we can help each other live up to our true potential!
Tori
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feminist-power
Lucy Pearce is who I want to pat me on the head and tell me shit's gonna be ok when I am feeling the blues. Her writing feels like a kind moon mother is explaining things with patience and love. Just wonderful.
Natalie
A fantastic book on menstruation and just what I was looking for. Informative and life-enhancing. Many great ideas aswell as a friendly and nourishing approach to understanding our body throughout the female cycle - biologically, emotionally and spiritually.
Hannah
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A straightforward, easy to read book about connecting to and honoring your moon time.
Mermaid Harmony
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing and a need to read if you are a female. MUST READ! Will change your life.
Has this book changed how you treat yourself? 1 4 Aug 22, 2014 07:29AM

• Period Power: Harness Your Hormones and Get Your Cycle Working For You
  • Code Red: Know your flow, unlock your monthly super powers and create a bloody amazing life. Period.
  • WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source
  • Witch: Unleashed. Untamed. Unapologetic.
  • Period Repair Manual
  • Wild Power: Discover the Magic of Your Menstrual Cycle and Awaken the Feminine Path to Power
  • Kitchen Table Wisdom: Stories That Heal
  • Love, Freedom, and Aloneness: The Koan of Relationships
  • Become Your Own Financial Advisor: The real secrets to becoming financially independent
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Astonishing Dialogue Taking Place in Our Bodies Impacts Health, Weight, and Mood
  • The Green Witch: Your Complete Guide to the Natural Magic of Herbs, Flowers, Essential Oils, and More
  • Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach
  • The Illustrated Bestiary: Guidance and Rituals from 36 Inspiring Animals
  • The Haunted Howl (Key Hunters #3)
  • Standing on My Own Two Feet: A Child's Affirmation of Love in the Midst of Divorce
  • Llewellyn's 2017 Witches' Datebook (Annuals - Witches' Datebook)
  • The Constitution of the United States of America
Lucy H. Pearce is the author of many non-fiction books for women and girls.

Burning Woman - an incendiary initiation to feminine power is her most recent and is blazing trails with its powerful words, a #1 Amazon bestseller in Women and History.

The Rainbow Way: Cultivating Creativity in the Midst of Motherhood was a #1 Amazon bestseller in Creativity and motherhood in the US and UK. it has been cr

News & Interviews

“At her first bleeding a woman meets her power.
During her bleeding years she practices it.
At menopause she becomes it.
Traditional Native American saying”
9 likes
“It is each woman’s responsibility to take the time when she is in her time of the moon to purify. It is the responsibility of the men to give the women the opportunity to do so. Nicholas Noble Wolf,” 3 likes