Start by marking “Summer of Fire (John Sinclair Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Summer of Fire (John Sinclair Mystery #3)

Summer of Fire

(John Sinclair Mystery #3)

When nature takes charge, sparks fly

Published May 18th 2015 by River Grove Books

To ask other readers questions about Summer of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer of Fire

Piepie
Still loving this series! Jim Gardiner and his domestic partner are absent, but Cordelia and Sinclair are living together and Sinclair is thinking about proposing. My heart was in my throat, and I couldn't read the ending fast enough! These books keep me on the edge of my seat!!
Italo Italophiles
Beautiful Capri, Italy, and southern Italy's volcanoes are the settings for many of the events in Summer of Fire, an International Romantic Thriller. The reader gets to jet-set along with the characters through Italy, with stops in England, Norway, Iceland and France. Good guys, bad guys, lovers, adventurers all come together for an exciting finish.

It all begins in Capri, which the author describes thus:

"There was a magical timelessness to Capri A special atmosphere, and a sense of history. ...
Ukgardenfiend
The Summer of Fire by Kitty Pilgrim

A Netgalley review

In March of 2015 - this year - it seemed that Iceland’s largest volcanic eruption for 200 years ended.
It was the Bardarbunga volcano that was causing a lava field to form in Holuhraun. The eruption had lasted 6 months. This lava field was 8 times bigger than the 2010 Eyjafjallajökul eruption that is showcased in this book but still very much smaller than the 1783 Laki eruption which was the one that caused mass famine and death.
Volcanic erupti
Nancy
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Summer of Fire" feels like it has been written by a pro. A trip to Kitty Pilgrim's website proves that out with an impressive list of international credits and a marketing video of this book that makes me want to run out to see it as soon as possible on date night in my local theater! Not as yet a movie that I know of, but definitely should be!

Besides all of the intriguing elements here: dangerous volcanic eruptions, vicarious travel to exotic European locations, gorgeous royalty, priceless gem
Lauralee
Royalty, forbidden love, missing jewels, and volcanoes - who could resist such a plot? This novel also takes the reader to great places as the characters travel to different locations; from the ancient island of Capri, to the ancient city of Herculaneum, to the top of the active Mt. Etna that is on the verge of eruption, to Paris, and London. In this plot, archaeologist John Sinclair and Cordelia Stapleton team up to find the missing necklace of Princess Victoria which leads them to the dangerou ...more
Jennifer Ritter
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summer of Fire by Kitty Pilgrim is the third installment in her international thriller series featuring archaeologist John Sinclair and oceanographer Cordelia Stapleton. Ms. Pilgrim's many years as anchor and correspondent for CNN brings special insight into international affairs and world events.

Sharing the spotlight in this book are the Icelandic volcanoes Eyjafjallajökull and Katla, as well as Mt. Etna in Sicily. Although poetic license is taken with exact timing and extent of these eruption
Annemarie Macken
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Summer of Fire' is the perfect holiday read with something for everyone. The pace is fast and ever moving for the most part and there is never a dull moment. The main characters, whilst perhaps a little too aristocratic for some people's tastes, are interesting and well-developed - the fact that they are constantly tested within their very comfortable lives allows them to show multiple facets of themselves, which adds to their appeal. On the reverse side, the 'baddies' are equally engaging in t ...more
Elaine
Rating: 4.5/5

This is another instance where I can’t believe I haven't discovered this talented author years ago….

If you enjoy hopping on a jet, visiting fascinating places that are superbly described by a highly talented author brining them to life in the imagination of the reader, you’ll love this enthralling thriller. The hero and heroine of the tale are John Sinclair and Cordelia Stapleton, both highly intelligent, well connected and ready for some rest and recuperation. They’ve gone to the i
Fizza
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book is a mixture of many things, there is mystery, thrill, romance, drama, danger, beautiful and interesting places and characters. In other words it is a book in which everyone can find something to like. at first the story moves slowly but after a while it picked pace and moved smoothly onwards.
There are many characters whose lives are intertwined in subtle way. At first connection may not be so clear but by the end of the book all of them come together. seemingly random events lead
Lillian Cummings
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One volcano eruption causes many problems for some. John & Cordelia have been enjoying a trip to Italy where they meet up with their friend Charles and his new lady. His new friend is Victoria princess of Norway and not everyone is happy with the relationship.
Charles & Victoria are just having fun, Charles can never be with her as his family history has some holes in it and the royal family would never allow them to be together anyway. He is so much older than her and Victoria will move
Julie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glamorous European locations, beautiful people with intelligence and lots of money, royalty, romance, and volcanoes come together in Kitty Pilgrim’s novel Summer of Fire. I chose this title from Netgalley offerings and am happy that I did. I had no idea that this book is the third in a series and although the characters’ relationships have evolved, the book stands strongly on its own. I’m eager to backtrack and pick up the first two books from the series. I was swept away with adventure and inte ...more
Anima
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quite impressed with my first Kitty Pilgrim novel. Apparently this is a series with recurring characters but each has it's own adventure. The relationships between the characters is explained easily and casually for those of us just starting the series. The story is a gripping thriller with mobsters, jewels, erupting volcanoes and a bit of romance. The characters were wonderfully 3-dimensional and brought a certain amount of charm to the story. Strong smart women surrounding themselves with inte ...more
Maxime
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive this via @netgalley in exchange for an honest review

On the beautiful island of Capri, a royal princess begins a secret love affair, oblivious to the dangers that surround her. Internationally renowned novelist Kitty Pilgrim chronicles a modern thriller based in the historic volcanic region of Southern Italy. Her characters, archaeologist John Sinclair and oceanographer Cordelia Stapleton, team up once again for a tale of glamour and romance that spans every level o
Melanie Stewart
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Too few books

I have never been disappointed with a book by Kitty Pilgrim. Her books feel like a race from chapter one with plenty of action to keep the story interesting. I found myself reading later into the night than I planned. The volcanic eruptions made for a unique backstory further complicating the challenges Cordelia and Sinclair were facing. In three books we have come to know the leading pair and I am wondering if the happily ever after was not too happy signaling the end. Regardless,
Kim Bamber
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley and Greenleaf Book Group for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

SUMMER OF FIRE is a fast, page-turning read. The characters are very well written as is backdrop of stunning Island of Capri. Really, how can you go wrong? A princess and a secret affair; Intrigue, romance and danger.
I enjoyed this novel.
Ann Cooper
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. There's something for everyone - mystery, thriller, romance - even kids! It moves at a fast pace and is complicated but worth the concentration! Having it all happen against volcanoes, Italy, Paris and London makes it even more exciting, especially once air transport is factored out! A great read and I shall look for more of Kitty Pilgrim's books!
Simera
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

SUMMER OF FIRE is a fast, page-turning read. There is a princess and a secret affair on the wonderful island of Capri. There is intrigue, romance and danger. John Sinclair and Cordelia Stapleton are teamed up again and they don't disappoint.
I enjoyed this novel.
Jacques
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great summer book. After a long winter, I was ready for summer to get going now, so I picked this book up. I had a blast reading it. And because both men and women can enjoy it, as soon as I finished, I passed it on to my mother. Perfect book to take on a family vacation to the beach.
Sherri Lewis
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing. It had all the components that make a great book.....enjoyable characters, suspense, romance, multiple story lines, and lots of fast paced action. This is the type of book that anyone will enjoy. I stayed completely engrossed through the very last page.
SW
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s not a romantic novel! It's a suspenseful, mystery, laced with romance, drama and page turning adventure. The book's scenes shift adroitly and graphically between Iceland, Italy and England.
A Number 1+ read.
Kitty Pilgrim did it again!
Marie
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance, danger and interesting elite charaters all set on the beautiful Island of Capri. A tale so well written you will lose yourself in the storyline. Descriptions so vivid you'll feel as if you are on the island itself.
Treat yourself to this book, you won't be disapointed.
Jenny
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book -- a great exotic getaway, with a strong female protagonist and a engaging thriller plot line. Perfect if you want a summer beach read with some sizzle and muscle.
Rhonda Lomazow
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book with romance mystery exotic locations a true page turner,a true page turner .
Judy
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, I really enjoyed this book, even though it started out a little slow for me. It took me several chapters to get interested in some of the characters and see how they all fit together.
Melanie
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe that I have not found Kitty Pilgrim before now. Such a great author that writes so vividly. When you are reading this story you feel like you are in the midst of the places Kitty take you to. From the ancient island of Capri, to the ancient city of Herculaneum, to the top of the active Mt. Etna that is on the verge of eruption, to Paris, and London. You get lost in the mystery, thrill, romance, drama, and danger that is all part of this lovely story.

This is a great read that I h
Marsha Spohn
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I love a story that can paint a beautiful, vivid word painting for me. A work of art that spreads out the colors, emotions and reactions in a beautiful palette of words. I have a vivid imagination, I believe it is one of the reasons I love reading so very much – I can put myself into the story location or surroundings with very little difficulty. Summer of Fire was such a delightfully word vivid painting of a story for me. I don’t know how to better describe it.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This book combines romance, drama and suspense to create a fast-paced story. John Sylvester and Cordelia Stapleton are on Capri for a holiday. They are heading to dinner at their friend's house, Charles to meet his new love, Princess Victoria of Norway. While this is going on, there is an eruption of a volcano on Iceland which could wreak havoc on the air and air travel. Of course this is Italy so no story would be complete without some time of corrupt mafioso or crime family. When they attempt ...more
Paul Franco
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
It’s always a bit annoying for me to jump into a series somewhere other than the beginning; it turns out this is the third in a series. In this case it took a few chapters to realize there really wasn’t one main character, some of them so obviously well-established that I figured they were in the previous books, others not so much, like the Norwegian princess—not a cruise ship—that had me thinking this might be a take on Roman Holiday.
Said Norwegian princess is in love with a man quite older tha
Jane Hunt
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Summer of Fire (John Sinclair Mystery #3) by Kitty Pilgrim

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Facebook
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

Summer of Fire - John Sinclair Mystery #3 - Kitty Pilgrim

'Summer of Fire' reads as a standalone, even though it is the third book in the 'John Sinclair Mysteries'. If you enjoy adrenaline packed thrillers, this one is for you. The writing is atmospheric and the pacing fast, some of the volcano scenes take your breath as you read.

John Sinclair and Cordelia connect a diverse group of characters
Angelnet
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, on-kindle
I was sent this book to review a few weeks ago. Every time I finished a book and was looking for a new one to start I’d look at the cover and mentally put it back on the pile. It just screamed dodgy summer romance at me and I couldn’t figure out why I’d requested it. It probably didn’t help that I’d never read anything by Kitty Pilgrim before. And let’s be honest, she sounds like she would write dodgy summer romances!

It turns out that I couldn’t be more wrong. Summer of Fire is actually the thi
Goodreads Librari...: Please add the Kindle Edition 2 16 May 19, 2015 10:57PM

John Sinclair Mystery (3 books)
  • The Explorer's Code (John Sinclair Mystery #1)
  • The Stolen Chalice (John Sinclair Mystery #2)
“There was a magical timelessness to Capri A special atmosphere, and a sense of history.” 1 likes