Start by marking “Signs of Life (Resilient Love #2)” as Want to Read:
Signs of Life (Resilient Love #2)

Signs of Life

(Resilient Love #2)

Successful lawyer Jeremy Speer has it all—a loving husband, a beautiful home, and a cherished dream that’s about to become reality. He’s learned not to take happiness for granted, meeting the challenges of life and love head-on with unwavering commitment and fierce devotion. A series of tragic events leave Jeremy shattered, adrift on a sea of unimaginable pain. He’s able t ...more
Published September 28th 2015 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Signs of Life, please sign up.
Julie OMG. loads lots of it and very hot too!

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Signs of Life is as good, if not better than, its predecessor, Everything Changes.

While it's less angsty than the first book, it's not easy by any means and also deals with themes of loss and pain, hurt and comfort.

Jeremy lost his husband and their surrogate baby, and for a couple years he checked out of life. Jeremy doesn't want to love again (love = fear), but when he meets the stunning Kai, first at a nightclub and later in a boardroom, he changes his mind.

Kai, with his street cred and pie
Gigi
4.2 stars rounded up because JASE & CAREY!

Signs of Life is the second book in Melanie Hansen's Resilient Love Story series. The first book Everything Changes was one of my favorite books of 2014. It featured rockstar/EMT Jase and Marine/lower leg amputee Carey. For fans of that book, I am happy to say that we get to see these boys again and witness their swoon-worthy HEA. *dreamy sigh*

There are two things that absolutely define Signs of Life for me.

1. It is full on angst. Deep sorrow, soul
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

.5 star deduction because that first chapter was...

I thought to myself, if this whole book is going to be like this. I just can't do it.

Thank goodness we jump forward two years. Now that doesn't mean it was all sunshine and roses. Jeremy is still in a pretty bad place. But he's trying to move on with his life.

Kai and Jeremy share an explosive encounter in the alley of a gay club...

...not going to lie, I'm a little disturbed at how hot I found that scene.

Needless to say, guilt sets i
✦❋Arianna✦❋
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

“Signs of Life” is the second installment in Melanie Hansen’s ‘Resilient Love’ series and like the previous book can be read as a standalone. This installment features Jeremy Speer, Jase’s best friend, one of the main characters of “Everything Changes” the first installment in the series. This second installment is as emotional and angsty as the first one and personally I enjoyed it more for some reason. Is a story about life, love, loss and second chances.

The story starts with Jeremy
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars

Another win for this series!

Here, Jeremy (long time friend of Jase from Everything Changes) is finally willing to live again. He’s been through absolute hell due to devastating loss, and he’s slowly coming back to life, ready to move forward in small steps. When Jeremy encounters hot stranger Kai, for a mindless lustful quick coming together, it shocks him and scares him and he runs, thinking he’ll never see Kai again. Funny though, how life works in mysterious ways, and Jeremy finds thei
SheReadsALot
FOUR HEARTS--Signs of Life is a hurt/comfort romance that features two damaged men that came from different walks of life that find love by chance set in Oregon.

Jeremy Speer is a lawyer whose world was turned upside down for the worst and he reacts even more worse. It took him some time but he turned it around some and functioned by shutting everything out. Kai Daniels is an alternative high school teacher who was formerly at risk himself. He's streetwise due to being raised there. He is used to
.Lili.
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
 photo image.jpg1_zpswnsvbbed.jpg

Signs of Life by Melanie Hansen is the story of two men who find each other after overcoming loss and life's hardships. Jeremy, who hit rock after the death of his husband and child. Kai, who was born into a family of drug dealers and was forced to be a mule from a young age.

After loving the first book in the Resilient Love Story series, I was eager to get my hands on this story. I knew from the blurb this book would be at some points heartbreaking, but I was still not prepared for what was in s
Simone
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ingredients for a great heart-rending story:

1 tbsp full-fat angst
1 big can of well-flavored emotions
A respectable chunk of a heartbreaking storyline
2 smokin' hot characters
1 pinch hot spices

This book had all of the above in spades (not to forget a fantastic narrator for the audiobook) and I loved it to bits! ❤
Dalia
Oct 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
"One day at a time,"

I loved the first installment in this series and as soon as I finished it, I immediately had to start reading this one.

Jeremy and Kai don't have easy lives and they both have an emotional baggage of some sort. Though there are some miscommunications between them, the way they open up to each other and support one another when there's such a need is still amazing.

I stayed up way too long to finish reading this book. But it was so worth it. I really liked the angsty
Karen
This one needs to come with a warning...

'Cold showers required'...sweet lord, this was hot seriously, seriously hot...once you got past the heartbreak.

Let me just start by saying that whatever wasn't happening for me with 'Everything Changes' got fixed with this book. I loved it even if I was crying before the end of the first chapter...no actually forget that I'm not sure I made it to the end of the first paragraph...
"The world wasn’t supposed to end on a day like today, a day when the sky wa
Renée
4.5 stars!

This book was perfect timing! I wanted something with some relationship angst, more mature MCs, no "big misunderstandings" where people can just TALK, and some hot sex.

Delivered! Right here!

There's not a lot I can say that hasn't already been said by so many. I picked this one up because reviews have been flying in about this one. I had my fingers crossed that I wouldn't get struck by the curse of everyone-liked-it-but-me, especially since this is my first time with this author.

I will
Wendy
 photo my-emotions_zpsoavjk7r8.gif

Oh my god this book broke my heart. But since it also healed my heart, I've decided to forgive the author for fucking with my emotions !!

The beginning of this story was not a nice and easy read. You're gonna need some tissues for chapter one...that's for sure. But than...magic happens. Thank god !!

So...life has not been fair to Jeremy, to say the least. He took some major blows and retreated into himself. He even did some drugs and spend some time in rehab trying to find his way back. He finall
Sheri
Hello Melanie Hansen, I’m Sheri. It’s a pleasur….

*gasps*

*blinks down at gaping hole in my chest*

Yeahhh, that’s pretty much how it went.

However! Despite the suffocating grief, I felt hope. Soon my sliver of hope grew stronger and stronger and I couldn’t stop reading. I simply HAD to know if Jeremy would find another reason to ‘live’ and it was one hell of an emotional ride uncovering that answer.

After Jeremy’s world comes to a brutal crashing end, he loses himself. I wanted to hate him for how he
Susan
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
BR with Julie, Els and Momo.
Thanks girls, for pulling me through!

This book started out with one of the angstiest chapters I have ever read. I really really didn’t like it. I went through a box of tissues and I was only at 10%.

description

I kind of wanted to quit there, but thank God for buddy reads, because the girls told me to keep going.

After that painful episode of Jeremy’s life, we meet the other MC, Kai. I liked Kai, former gang member, now a school teacher for troubled kids. He was kind of a
Jaime
Signs of Life by Melanie Hansen is a story that will shred your heart and then slowly put it back together again. When I originally read this story, I had no idea that Ms. Hansen was going to make me an emotional wreck within the first chapter of the book. This time when I listened to Signs of Life - I was better prepared; however, it was still a very emotional experience.

This is the story of Jeremy Speer and Kai Daniels. Jeremy has his life turned upside down and inside out when an accident cha
Bev
I'm struggling with my rating on this one. See, whilst I felt so achingly sorry for Jeremy's losses, I was not a fan of how he treated Kai. But then, on the flip-side, he truly regretted what he did and made up for it. That put him back in my good graces.

I loved Kai, but was confused by him. Why did he let Jeremy get away with the crap he dished out?

All in all I liked this, but would have preferred less sexy times and more meaty story (pun intended!)

Shile
3.75

This was much better than book one,once i got past the heartbreaking first chapter the rest was good.

Ariana
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great addition to this series.

I enjoyed book 1 and book 3 was outstanding.
This one probably fits in somewhere in-between.

As always, Melanie Hansen shows her talent of portraying grief and despair, but ultimately how people can cope with it, find love and hope again.

Kai and Jeremy are as different as can be, but find exactly what they need within each other. Not much is made of either the age gap between them or their different backgrounds. They just are who they are and they fit ... and sizzle l
Pixie
Sep 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Ele
WARNING: This review is all over the place and I don't really care. I savored every page of this book and I'm still basking in the afterglow.

I admit that, although I liked the first book of this series, Everything Changes, I didn't love it. But this one, oh man...I loved it so hard.

Can I start from the epilogue? I can. This would still be a 5 star read even without it, but believe me you 're going to love it. It's the mother of HEAs and an amazing come back from Jase and Carey.

Chapter one:

What J
Tina

description

Wow… this book was amazing, a story just made for me. I love heart wrenching hurt-comfort love stories that put me through the wringer and make me root for the guys when they finally get their shit together and have their well deserved HEA.

Signs of Life is one of those very special books.

What Jeremy went through in the very first chapters I can hardly express in words. The tears kept running down my face and I thought Oh my God… how can anyone survive this loss, how can anyone go on living wi
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Signs of Life starts out with Jeremy losing his husband and then their unborn child in the span of just a few weeks. It's beyond heart breaking. I don't even want to imagine being in his shoes because it just makes my entire being clench up. But Jeremy then cruelly throws away everyone else that could help him get through the tragedies. He starts out so selfish and self absorbed, that I really didn't much like him. I felt sorry for him and his losses, but damn, he was not on my Christma
Elsbeth

BR, September 28th with Julie, Momo and Susan.

3,5 stars

The first 10% was devastating!! There is so much a man can handle..

Then after 2 years Jeremy meets Kai. Kai, living with enough baggage of his own. Jeremy feels it is time to start living again but is still scared to give himself to a person.

Jeremy

Kai was very patient with him from the start. Giving Jeremy time to handle his past and deal with the future again.

Kai

Kai has this friend, Loren he has become dependent off. His “emotionall
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

"I don't know what I did to deserve you, why fate decided to bless me twice in one lifetime. I'm a selfish bastard, but I'm not going to question it, I'm just going to take it."

Kai and Jeremy were so wonderful together. Two men, from completely different backgrounds, overcoming difficult pasts, and embracing a second chance at life.

After that first heartbreaking chapter, I thought I was going to be taken on one hell of an emotional journey. But surprisingly, and kinda disappo
Lori
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, bmbr-reads

I seriously thought the first chapter of this book was going to kill me. It says in the blurb "A series of tragic events leave Jeremy shattered, adrift on a sea of unimaginable pain," and boy did it - but it also left me adrift on a sea of pain.
Pain for Jeremy.

So much pain.

How I made it through the chapter in one piece I'm not entirely sure.We see Jeremy cut down to a mere existence from someone who has everything he wants. And it's hard to read, so hard. I grieved with him and felt the impossi
Ula'ndi Hart
SECOND TIME AROUND:

Yes. My heart still breaks for Jeremy. I can’t begin to imagine the sadness and despair in his word after everything that went down. Heaven knows I don’t blame him for the things he did after all of that. We each deal with grief in our own ways don’t we? What I did feel was missing, was a visit to the segregate couple in the end. I felt that maybe he could have just finished that part of his past. It felt unfinished.

Kai is still awesome. I still love him I can’t help myself.
Jaime
Date Published:
Stars: 4
Heat: 4

Blurb
Successful lawyer Jeremy Speer has it all—a loving husband, a beautiful home, and a cherished dream that’s about to become reality. He’s learned not to take happiness for granted, meeting the challenges of life and love head-on with unwavering commitment and fierce devotion. A series of tragic events leave Jeremy shattered, adrift on a sea of unimaginable pain. He’s able to pi
Fani *loves angst*
This was certainly a let down for me. After reading the premise, about a man who's lost his lover and surrogate child, I expected a book that would swallow my heart and spit it out bruised and bloody. Unfortunately, whatever resistance Jeremy held, it collapsed after the second or third time he had sex with Kai, because after that he was the one moving the relationship forward. Sweet and sentimental, with minimal angst and two heroes who fell in love in a very straight-forward and uncomplicated ...more
Bev

4.5 stars for this one. Wow, did Jeremy have a dreadful few months earlier in his life, no wonder he went off the rails...who wouldn't?? Kai, I really liked and hoped that he would get what he wanted and deserved. Did he?? Read the series for yourself, it's well worth it and now waiting for the third book in the trilogy. Oh, and I LOVED what happened to the MC's of the first book, Everything Changes. Puddle of goo time, sighs.

CrabbyPatty
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Two men, Jeremy and Kai, have struggled through adversity and dealt with grief, each in their own way, and come out the other side. Melanie Hansen created a wonderful plot and told it beautifully.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Beneath the Stain - Part Seven
  • Consent (Power Exchange, #3)
  • Please Remember Me
  • Anthony (Survivor Stories, #4)
  • Arctic Absolution (Arctic Absolution, #1)
  • Only Love (Only Love, #1)
  • Someday It Will Be
  • Escape (Trasmundo #1)
  • The Red Sheet
  • Stones in the Road (Sugar Tree #2)
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #1)
  • Love Means... Patience (Farm, #7)
  • First Christmas (Nature of Desire, #7.3)
  • The River Leith
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • Passing Through
  • Bootleg Diva: Confessions of a Quarterback Princess by Levi Brody (Southern Scrimmage, #4)
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
Melanie Hansen has spent time in Texas and Florida prisons…for work. She’s been in a room with a 17-year-old mass murderer who was also one of the most soft-spoken and polite teenagers she’s ever met. After a 13-year career as a court reporter, she can tell many stories both hilarious and heartbreaking.

She grew up with an Air Force dad, and ended up marrying a Navy man. After living and working al

Resilient Love (3 books)
  • Everything Changes (Resilient Love #1)
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
“Wrapping his arm around Kai, pulling the man he loved close to him, all Jeremy could think was... it’s worth it.” 0 likes