Start by marking “Spirit Warriors: The Burning” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Spirit Warriors: The B...

D.E.L. Connor

Spirit Warriors: The Burning

4.67  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
“Do you want to spend your life like Golden Flower pining away for the love you lost? Can you imagine how hard it is to be left behind when everything you loved has left?”

–Emmeline Rima Belrose, The Burning (Book 3)

In the third book of D.E.L. Connor’s magical coming of age Spirit Warriors series, Emmeline and her friends find themselves still reeling from the loss and pain
Published August 2015 by Booktrope Publishing (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Spirit Warriors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit Warriors

Boundless Book Reviews
As book three in the Spirit Warriors Series, I was hoping to get answers; I did, but not to the right questions. After reading all three Spirit Warriors books, I must say, I am disappointed. I pushed through them because I was intrigued with the story, but there comes a point to where, I just don’t care anymore. The books were repetitive and WAY TOO wordy to be read smoothly; unfortunately, I am still left with no satisfaction and ANOTHER cliffhanger.

I am not continuing on with this series; they
Sheryl Painter
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is something special about a book/series when you feel like you've come home to family/friends in the first chapter. That is how I feel when I begin each new book in this series. I find I care more about each character as the series progresses. I love the fluid and wonderfully descriptive writing stype of DEL Connor. I swear I can see, smell, feel what she writes about. After reading each new book I find I look at wild animals in our woods closer - is there a spirit warrior there?! :) When ...more
Kristine Hall
WOW. This book covers A LOT of ground - love/lust, hate/jealousy, birth/death, joy/grief, former life/after life, marriage/divorce. Adultery, alcoholism, addiction, abuse! Murder, mayhem, magic, and MORE! Seriously!

The amazing thing is that author D.E.L. Connor makes it work. Though it would definitely be advantageous to have read the prior two books in the series to get a deeper understanding of the relationships and events that have shaped the characters, book three can stand alone and will ho
Tonja Drecker
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This it the third book in The Spirit Warriors series. I did not read the first two in the series, but rather dove directly into this one and must admit it would have been better to start with book one. Although I could get into the story, there were things missing which would have been helpful. So I don't recommend this as a stand alone.

Emme is being hunted down by a Machayiwiw, the evil spirit of a once powerful medicine man. This isn't the first time her friends and her have gone against him,
Sandra Stiles
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
This is the third book in this wonderful series. The characters in this series are connected to animal spirits. For those who love to read Native American stories, then this is the series for you. These teens have done battle before. They have been fighting the evil spirit of Machayiwiwi, who was at one time a very powerful medicine man. The teens are guided and helped through visions given them by ancient chiefs.

This book is full of real life. Each of the teens deal with personal things in thei
Betty Finch
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the Spirit Warriors Series and each is even better than the last!! D.E.L. Connor has the ability to draw the reader into her story till you feel you are experiencing all the joy and heartache that each character feels. You become so involved, you can't put the book down and waiting for next installment is going to be torture.

Emme, Bets, Ollie, Jack and Charlie are getting closer to the final battle of good versus evil and still are trying to be as close to normal teenag
Rosie Amber
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Burning is book #3 of The Spirit Warriors #YA series, set in Montana around a group of teenagers and their connections to animal spirits revered by the Native Americans.

The evil spirit of a once powerful medicine man known as the Machayiwiw is hunting narrator, Emme . She is a powerful descendant of Golden Flower, an Indian girl whose spirit is currently trapped inside a vulture. Emme and her friends Charlie, Ollie and Bets are spirit warriors called to face a big battle against this evil sp
Jessica Mitchell
Spirit warriors, evil spirits and their helpers and that sliver of hope that shines in everything.
Emme has had a rough year so far with her friends. Having their ups and downs. But there is still hope they can reunite themselves together. With a couple close encounters with the machayiwiw. They now have a pretty good idea who they are looking for. With more practice in the stolen time they can get they become stronger together. But even with the extra help Emme is getting from Hawke, she still f
Debbie
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book from the author for an honest review. I highly recommend this series of books for Y/A. I am so lost in these books. The author just gets better and better and the story keeps unfolding so that you can't wait to see what happens next. If you haven't yet, and you should have after the last book. Get you a box of tissues as you are going to need them.

In this one Emme is torn between the love and comfort of one guy and the love and fire of another. Bets is caught
Kimberly Vanderbloom
I have been a huge fan of this series. After the second book I wasn't exactly sure how this one would develop. Hands down it is the best book of the series so far. First I want to say how much I love all the covers. They are beautiful and capture the book meanings expertly The story is told through the point of view Emme. I feel like I have watched her grow into a incredible woman. Her emotions throughout the series are raw and realistic. She is a strong character. Be prepared to cry throughout ...more
Charlene
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoyed this book. Following the second book in this series, Emme and her group of friends are slowly putting the pieces together and beginning to start planning for what will happen next. With Charlie out of her life and living on the reservation, and her love for Jack beginning to bloom, can Emme still do what she is destined to do knowing that some, if not all, of her friends may be killed?
Will be interesting to read th
Teresa Derrick
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anticipation that kept me riveted waiting for the inevitable cIimax of the story.

Emme, Jack, Charlie, Bets, and Ollie are coming towards an inevitable fight to the death with the evil spirit. These spirit warriors have already seen death. They have already come apart at the seams. They started to pull their sense of security in their friendship together. Yet some wounds have remained. They may not all make it out alive and they know it. This is such an excellent series for all ages. I am on the
Melanie Wenhold Hansut
Loved it !!!! Another great book! Now I am thinking that March can not come fast enough so I can read book 4!!!!!!!! This author does not disappoint :)
Could not put the book down and was very thankful we had a snow storm and I got to spend time with these characters !!! Highly recommend! I would allow my teenage daughter to read this series also !!
Katy
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one!

This book was the perfect balance of suspense, friendship, love, and sadness. It's hard to pick a favorite in the series because they are all so good! She draws you in, and it's hard to put the book down. It's an easy read that won't disappoint.
Andy Hunter