Start by marking “Not You It's Me (Boston Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not You It's Me (Boston Love, #1)

Not You It's Me

(Boston Love #1)

Gemma Summers is unlucky in love.
She’s known it since third grade, when her first crush blew a spitball into her hair, and a decade-long string of bad dates, boring sex, and abysmal morning-afters has done nothing to improve her prospects.
But when a random radio call-in contest lands her courtside tickets to the hottest playoff game of the season, Gemma’s luck may finally
ebook
Published July 7th 2015 by Julie Johnson

To ask other readers questions about Not You It's Me, please sign up.
Julie Johnson Hi Maliha -- don't worry, NOT YOU IT'S ME will be out on July 7th! :) The reviews that are already up on Goodreads are from ARC readers, who received…moreHi Maliha -- don't worry, NOT YOU IT'S ME will be out on July 7th! :) The reviews that are already up on Goodreads are from ARC readers, who received advanced copies. Thank you for your interest! xx (less)

Catarina
5 Sunshine Stars.

Gemma Summers is a girl with secrets she just wants to forget, and do her job and create her art. She doesn’t get closed or attached to anyone because that would mean open up and show more about herself. Until she meets Chase in a basketball game, and when their paths start crossing, the sexy billionaire also broken by his past, decides that he has to have her. And he’s going to be the one that will change her mind about dating.
But for how long can two broken souls resist wh
Katerina
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My state after finishing Not You It's Me summarized in one picture

Specifically
Fangirl mode;ON
Butterflies dancing in my stomach;millions
Dumb smile on my face;permanent and kinda creepy
Belief in love at first sight;restored
Progress in finding Prince Charming;he probably got lost and is too stubborn to ask for directions
Book boyfriends list;expanded
Love towards Julie Johnson;intensified
Need I say more?

Well,If you insist..
“In a shocking turn of events,Gemma Summers fails once again to find her tr
Patrycja
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
2.5 - 3 stars

It was an okay read. I couldn't really connect with the characters, though :( Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it. It was funny and cute, but it still felt flat (I'm probaby PMSing).
TeriLyn

**Not You It's Me generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Not You It's Me now LIVE! Order here.

5++ "This one could." Stars

One statement always holds true with reading a Julie Johnson book: it's going to be a hilarious, sweet, sexy ADVENTURE. I fell head over heels for these characters so easily as Julie's writing never fails to suck me right into her worlds. Like Chase Croft perfectly gives "good grin", Not You It's Me perfectly gives great contemporary romance.

There
Julie Johnson
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
★★ THE STORY YOU LOVE... HAS A SEXY NEW LOOK! ★★
★ Now available in paperback, ebook, and audio format!★
NOT YOU IT'S ME is a fun, funny contemporary romance about an unlucky-in-love artist who falls for a man she never, ever expected...

To every single reader out there who has made this release so freaking awesome by leaving reviews on GR and Amazon, reaching out to me with personal messages, and recommending Chase & Gemma's story to your fellow bookworms -- I really just have one thing to say
Dilek VT
3,5 stars

“When you start to fall, don’t talk yourself out of it — the right man will be there at the bottom, to catch you.
Take a risk on messy.
Live fearlessly.
Love recklessly.
Most of all, just love.”

This is a very cute love story of an amazingly sweet girl: Gemma...

Gemma wins courtside tickets to the hottest playoff game of the season when she phones a radio programme as the 100th caller. She goes to the match with her total d*ckhead boyfriend, Ralph, who never appreciates her. He either
Jen
The way I see it, everyone’s been telling the story wrong. I mean, take Cinderella, for example. She never asked for a Prince, let alone waited around for one. Hell, all she ever wanted was a night off from work and a fancy dress to twirl in for a few hours. It’s never made sense to me that I’m supposed to sit around pining for some mythical Prince Charming to get off his ass and rescue me. If that’s the grand game plan, I could end up waiting forever. Because, I mean, if he’s anything like the ...more
FMABookReviews
With her fourth book, Not You It's Me, Julie Johnson has ventured away from Romantic Suspense and shifted toward Romantic Comedy.  Her first three books, Like Gravity , Say The Word and Erasing Faith , while humorous in their own right, were still fundamentally romantic suspense. Where as, Not You It's Me, is more comedy with a little suspense.

On a last ditch effort to save her terrible relationship, Gemma Summers calls into a radio show hoping to score the hottest tickets around, court-side
Mena
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Why.
Why did you write such an annoying book, Julie? WHY.
I know you have a thing for theatrics and all (in every book you must dive into a plotline out of a mafia movie) but seriously?
Did it have to be over a span of a week?
Did it have to be so cliché?
Did Gemma have to be so endearingly awkward to the point of it being annoying?
Did Chase have to be so hot but so unrealistically inlove with someone he met literally 5 days ago?
IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO FALL IN LOVE IN A WEEK? YES? NO. The answer i
Katerina
I'm so sad.

This book is C.L.E.A.N.

Clearly. Lacking. Eroticism. And. Naughtiness.

Now where's the X-rated version because this book was written like one and blind sided me with its "fade to black" style.

Saturday passes in a blur of laughter and love-making.

TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED! I'M A SL*T THE DETAILS. Explain the BLUR.

I wasn't going to read this but I had already purchased the book a while back. Because I heard it's a one week "fall in love" - which is true and it made me think, oh God, inst
Tahsin
5+++ Sunshine stars
(But half stars off for the lack of an epilogue. Does that mean we ARE getting Phoebe's story? PRETTY PLEASE?)

I loved the living shit out of this story. Seriously! It was cute af in the best way possible :) It's been several hours since I finished it, but I'm still riding on the high.

I'm kind of a Gemma in real life. Especially in the beginning, I could completely see myself as her. The way she rambles - c'est ma vie! I loved her. And freaking Chase! One of the best written h
NMmomof4
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Star read

Story type: Contemporary

Storyline: This is the story of Gemma and Chase. Gemma wins tickets to a playoff Celtics game and takes her no good boyfriend as a last ditch effort for their pathetic relationship. Gemma doesn't believe in true love and is not a commitment kind of girl, but because all her friends are now married she gave it a go with this guy. When he blatantly ignores Gemma when the kiss jumbotron lands on her the super hot guy next to her, Chase, helps a girl out and kiss
Moon Love
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of Julie Johnson's writing. I feel like she's one of the undiscovered diamonds of the writing world. Her books are entertaining, funny, emotional, and just overall a great read. Each one has been different in content, and I'm so glad to see that trend continue with Not You It's Me. The only thing that hasn't changed from one book to the next is the consistency with which she writes and captures my attention.

When I first started reading this book, I initially felt it was going to b
Tina
I need to re-read this. There is so much books that I need to re-read because before I kinda easily gave away stars. But there is so much new books to read so who knows if it is worth it to go back *madness*

I was such a 'giver' back in the day what can I say lol When I see how tough I assess books now unlike before, puf night and day.

To my old self:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
RJ
3.5 Stars

This was pretty good. The heroine and her friends had me cracking up several times and Chase was a great hero! He does do the typical pushing away but thankfully it doesn't last long and when he goes after Gemma she's it for him. I wish we had gotten his POV and I also wish there was an epilogue!
*The Angry Reader*
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Mandy

I really enjoyed this one! It was sweet and funny, a little suspenseful and maybe a little frustrating at times but overall a good story! Chase was a really good hero. My only complaint is that I needed an epilogue. Looking forward to reading more by this author (and hopefully Knox's story someday!)
Kara
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I've never read a book by Julie Johnson before....when I saw this one across my search - I thought why not.

I read the first page and smiled. I kept reading because I enjoyed it. I was excited to get back to my kindle & hear more of the story. It was a fun read!
Ina
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 50 %

Good book, just not for me.

Gemma is in a shitty relationship. Her boyfriend barely looks at her and there is no passion between them. Her last chance to save the relationship is to get the tickets to the basketball game he wants to see. However, when they arrive at the game, her boyfriend spends the whole time being on the phone bragging to his friends about the game he won the tickets to while he completely ignores Gemma. When the kiss cam zooms in on them during the break, that je
AJ
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic, celebrity
“You’re my karma, sunshine. And I’m pretty sure you were made for me.”

I love the set up for this book! Gemma hasn’t had much luck in love, and in a last-ditch effort to save her sagging relationship she is courtside at a basketball game with her douchebag boyfriend after winning tickets in a radio competition. When the kiss-cam lands on them, he ignores her – to her extreme embarrassment – but she is rescued by the gorgeous man sitting on her other side who swoops her up into a bone-me
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Not You It’s Me by Julie Johnson
3.5 stars!!

“He’s the embodiment of composure; I’m the epitome of chaos.”

This is one of those books where the blurb just pulls you in. Most of us have probably all seen that viral You Tube video of where the jumbotron pans the crowd and the couples have to kiss, then you get that one dude who ignores his girlfriend while prattling on his phone, the crowd goes wild, booing and hissing and then the girl is saved when the guy sitting next to her reaches over and g
Rachel
Overall rating: 3.5 "Sunshine" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Alex ♈
Angela
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous fabulous book!!! I wanna read more!! I so wasn't ready for it to end! Wow! It was pretty funny in the beginning. Gemma was quirky and funny and rambled when she got nervous. Chase was hot, broody, caveman, billionaire.
Book was packed full of billionaires, love, and action (towards the end)! Such a great read! I hope phoebe gets a book!!
elbie
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-authors
"This one’s for every girl out there who’s still waiting for her Prince Charming to show up."
(Maybe he just got lost and is too stubborn to ask for directions)

Not You It's Me just might be the funnest book I have EVER read. For reals. When I try to think of a how to describe this book, the first and loudest word that pops into my mind is "fun" every.single.time! Secondary characters were great and Chase was absolutely swoon-worthy, but Gemma's personality MADE this book! What normal, everyday g
TSN
Mar 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2018
DNF 50%

This was annoying!

It started out really nice, and I thought this was going to be a great read with a quirky and independent female protagonist. But...
Then it turned into a hardcore insta-love drama-rama. Arghhhh!

● Chase was an asshole who was overstepping every and any boundary
● Gemma was an insecure doormat without any kind of self respect
● Her ex-boyfriend was an asshole as well

is there some kind of clichés checklist? Because I think this book hits them all.

This is yet another examp
Hollie
This was a pretty predictable "millionaire/billionaire falls for the girl next door" read. It actually reminded me of quite a few other books I've read in the past. It was ok and I liked the writing style but overall it just wasn't anything memorable for me.
J.E. Benoit
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The second I saw you, jumping up and down on the sidelines of a sport you didn’t understand, cheering for the wrong team and still somehow having more fun than everyone else in that stadium, I knew. Knew I wanted you in my arms, in my bed, in my life.” His eyes are liquid heat – molten lava, burning into mine. “I’m used to getting what I want, Gemma.”

If you’re looking for a book that’s full of fun, but also has a dash of suspense and some angst, that features a sassy heroine and a super bossy
Book Lovers' Nook
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the amazing author herself in exchange for an honest review.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
5 I'm-having-butterflies stars!!!

I can't wait for this book to be finally published. I know for sure readers will like it. Julie Johnson is one of those authors who make reading such a pleasure.

I think Chase Croft ruined me for other book boyfie. Sigh. Hey Julie, can you write a companion book for Not You It's Me too? On how to move on from Chase Croft? No. No. Scratch that. I don't want to move on. Lol. I can't wa
Anne OK
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
A hilariously fun-to-read charmer. Two lost souls hell-bent on never ever committing to a forever after. Oh how the mighty do fall! And Chase and his "Sunshine" were simply irresistible in fighting the inevitable togetherness. The smart and witty banter between them was off-the-charts in every good way imaginable. Their initial face-to-face was one of the best in romance that I've ever read -- simply priceless.

For a really well-written, funny and sexy romance, look no further.

• Tangled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #2)
  • SECRET Trilogy (Secret, #1-3)
  • Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2)
  • Picking Up the Pieces (Pieces, #2)
  • Titanium Security Series Box Set: Volume II (Titanium Security, #4 & 5)
  • Beautiful Dangerous
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • The Fighter (Redemption, #2)
  • In the Mix (The GEG, #2)
  • The Other C-Word (In Other Words, #1)
  • Hear Me
  • No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
  • HDU (HDU, #1)
  • Going Down (The Elevator Series #1)
  • Darker Water (Once and Forever, #1)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Diner Knock Out  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #4)
  • Hard Rock Improv (The Lonely Kings, #3)
JULIE JOHNSON is a twenty-seven-year-old Boston native and USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen contemporary romance novels. When she's not writing, Julie can most often be found adding stamps to her passport, drinking too much coffee, striving to conquer her Netflix queue, and Instagramming pictures of her dog. (Follow her: @author_julie)

She published her debut novel LIKE GRAVITY in

Boston Love (5 books)
  • Cross the Line (Boston Love, #2)
  • One Good Reason (Boston Love, #3)
  • Take Your Time (Boston Love, #4)
  • So Wrong It's Right (Boston Love, #5)
“The way I see it, everyone’s been telling the story wrong. I mean, take Cinderella, for example. She never asked for a Prince, let alone waited around for one. Hell, all she ever wanted was a night off from work and a fancy dress to twirl in for a few hours. It’s never made sense to me that I’m supposed to sit around pining for some mythical Prince Charming to get off his ass and rescue me. If that’s the grand game plan, I could end up waiting forever. Because, I mean, if he’s anything like the rest of the male population, the prince is probably stuck in traffic somewhere, or got lost along the way and is too damn stubborn to ask for directions.” 19 likes
“Take a risk on messy. Live Fearlessly. Love recklessly. Most of all, just love.” 10 likes