Start by marking “Falling” as Want to Read:
Falling

Falling

A good man falls seven times,
But I’m far from a good man.

I’ve got my own set of rules,
And I never stray from them.
I live by a simple set of guidelines and they’re easy to follow.

But when Chelsea Robinson walked into my garage,
The rules went out the door.
Suddenly, I was falling.
No, that's not right.
It was more like a crash-landing,
Because I sure as hell couldn't stop myse
Published September 2016

To ask other readers questions about Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

This book did my f-ing head in...

So I knew going in that this book was going to be outside my comfort zone. Surprisingly it wasn't the fact that the hero has sex with multiple women (while the heroine remained celibate) after they meet that was my issue. (and maybe that should tell you something about how little I connected with these characters as a couple.) It was the fact that this wasn't a "love story" to me AT ALL.

description

Two years after their ONS (that takes place at the beginning of the book) an
Jess
Dec 06, 2016 Jess rated it liked it
Falling by Allyn Lesley was an interesting read.

There were A LOT different themes going on in this book. Infidelity, a little cradle-robbing, drugs, death, babies...you name it, it was in this book. I had a very hard time connecting with the main characters, Chelsea and Dyllan but I did get caught up in some of the detailed tellings of Dyllan's personal struggles and demons.

At 17, initially, Chelsea is naïve, immature and very bland. We know nothing about her. We know she goes to university, h
Kim
Sep 27, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a fan of alpha male love interests. Usually I find that I don't feel I know enough about the character to understand *why* he is the way that he is, which is annoying.

Happily that is NOT the case with Allyn Lesley's Falling. We get enough of Dylan's background to discern what makes him--initially--such a jerk. And then as we read, we learn he isn't really the jerk we thought he was. As we peel away the layers, he begins to change, grow and mature as a man and it's all because of
Marnie Ide
Sep 17, 2016 Marnie Ide rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Allyn. I love her ability to create characters who are flawed, and real.

I loved the journey of Dyllan. He was handed a tough life from the start. It was great to see him grow and learn to accept his past, to learn to love himself, and understand he has the power to change his life. All because of Chelsea. She's smart, sassy, and flip turns his life when he least expects it.

Can Dyllan love her like she deserves? Such a great, unhurried love story.
Seraphim  Book Reviews
Sometimes we all need a love story that isn’t simple, cut and dry, one that will give us all hope that the one with a hard life will find peace and love. In Falling you definitely get that kind of story.

There were times where I was yelling for Dyllan to get his act together, yelling at Allyn to stop messing with Dyllan and Chelsea and let them be happy.

Dyllan was a foster kid until he was 17. When suddenly he’s scooped up and he has parents and brothers. He always felt like it wasn’t real and h
Shelly
Oct 14, 2016 Shelly rated it really liked it
Disclaimer - I’ve read all of Lesley’s published stories and while ‘Falling’ might not be a category, YA, that I would typically read I decided to read it based on my history of her story telling. I didn’t even read the blurb before I started reading. For me, Lesley’s story telling skills are still as good as when I read book 1 in her ‘Deeper’ series. I wasn’t disappointed.

Lesley doesn’t write about your typical good guy hero. Absolutely not the guy next door nor the guy with all the friends be
Shannon Mcfarland
Nov 18, 2016 Shannon Mcfarland rated it really liked it
Allyn Lesley delivered to us a really good read with Falling. We are gifted with the story of Dyllan and Chelsea. Dyllan had a very hard life until he was brought into the Sterling clan. He didn't really know what family was until then. He had love from MeMaw, but he didn't really have family. Because of that, he was jaded in his views on love and women. His brothers JC and EC didn't really have that problem. Through his brother, JC, Dyllan meets Chelsea and his world changes. There is something ...more
Jenifer
At first I really thought Dyllan was a d-bag, a-hole, manwh*re - & even he would admit to that! - but as you learned his story and his way, you can't help but feel for him. The story is told completely from his POV which is refreshing. I had a mix of emotions ranging from wanting to punch him, then hug him, then slap him like Cher did in Moonstruck and tell him to "snap out of it!!" But, actually, I wanted to do the same to Chelsea as well!

I really did like this book but I couldn't give it a
Stefanie Kral
Sep 18, 2016 Stefanie Kral rated it really liked it
✯✯4 Forever Stars!!!✯✯

Dylan's life did not start off perfect or great. I mean not even close. The only two women in his life Jess(his mom) and MeMaw(the closest thing to a gma)both left him. From different reasons but still. Bc of them Dylan won't go near brunettes. Not until he was 24 and his life changed. The steady ground he stood on got pulled out from below him.

Dylan got adopted when he was 16yrs old. The Sterlings... Chuck, Ma and his older twin bro's JC and EC. He definitely didn't m
Irene
Sep 15, 2016 Irene rated it really liked it
Dyllan was served with a dish called Life!!

He was a womanizer, had chicks left and right.
Then walks in Chelsea, a young woman who is about to embark on her life's journey called college!!

Dyllan can't get Chelsea out his mind, that is all he thinks about. How she would taste, how she smells. When Dyllan and Chelsea do finally hook up, it was magical. However the day after wasn't quit so! Nope, Dyllan woke up alone. Makes you wonder what Chelsea was thinking.

Dyllan has a few demons that he tries
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 17, 2016 Nerdy Dirty & Flirty rated it it was amazing
description

Dylan has had a very rough life. So bad, that he didn't speak for years. Everyone thought that made him bad, or dumb. He had two women in his life, his mom, Jess, and his Memaw, who was a neighbor that took him in when he saw Jess wasn't caring for him properly. When both women left him in different ways, he went into a group home and never spoke again. The day his teacher saw something special in him, and took him home to be part of her family, he was sixteen years old. Who finally gets a home
Breanna Eichhorn
Sep 27, 2016 Breanna Eichhorn rated it it was amazing
Dyllan wasn't happy when his brother JC for bringing a car that the shop doesn't work on. Dyllan offered to be the chaffer to Emma to go see Chelsea. When they get to the college he wasn't happy to see another man touching her. When he got back, he had to go to his parents house and was surprised along with his brothers JC and EC when their father tells them that he is going to be retiring from the business. When he was told that he was going to run the business he didn't think that he deserved ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 19, 2016 Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon rated it it was amazing

From the first page, I knew I was going to love Dyllan. Usually I get frustrated at the alpha male love story, but I just knew this one was different. He had a horrible childhood, so you can sympathize with him and the inner demons. He was still a great guy and fell so hard for Chelsea.

Chelsea is a smart, sarcastic, and hilarious girl. I was rooting for her to get the guy! I loved her friendship with Emma, they are the perfect best friends.

The unfolding of their romance is slow, calculating, a
LLEP  Book Blog
Nov 24, 2016 LLEP Book Blog rated it really liked it
Jacquie
Oct 25, 2016 Jacquie rated it really liked it
Falling by Allyn Lesley was a first time read from a new-to-me author. I found the book well written, the pacing was good and it kept my interest throughout with some pretty hot scenes....but I have to say, Dyllan was a complete and TOTAL *ss, not very likeable AT ALL, but as the story progressed I found myself slowly coming around and by the end, I was almost as much in love with him as Chelsea!

Dyllan starts off being a total Alpha male sl*t, taking what he wants from every woman stupid enough
Alissa York
Oct 24, 2016 Alissa York rated it really liked it
Falling was my first read by this author, and I was pleasantly surprised after hating the hero from page one. One page and I was ready to write him off as a complete a$$. I loved the POV in this one, and it kept me going. I was glad it did because I really enjoyed it. Dyllan is alpha male to the max, a complete d-bag and a womanizer. The guy even admits to all of this. Until Chelsea walks into his garage. Then the guy is falling. Chelsea slowly peels away the layers on Dyllan, revealing why he i ...more
Judy
Nov 20, 2016 Judy rated it really liked it
Dyllan, JC, & EC are brothers and are mechanics that own their own garage. JC & EC are twins and Dyllan was adopted by their mom. Dylan knew his mom, but she wasn't a good mom and Dylan wound up in the foster care system. His childhood wasn't the greatest, to say the least. Maybe that's why he's such an a** as an adult? Who knows! He's definitely a hit it and forget it kinda guy. That is until Emma and her sister Chels walk into his garage. Chels peaks his interest and he spends the nigh ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, anger, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Chelsea and Dyllan’s story. Dyllan has his own rules about woman. Meeting Chelsea changes all his rules but will misunderstanding and assumptions keep this couple from a relationship? Dyllan is jaded and that makes for a harder time of believing in a forever. Can Chelsea get him to believe in her? Can these two people that belong together really get their act together and finally admit t
Christina Oswald
Nov 13, 2016 Christina Oswald rated it really liked it
Falling: A Love Story is a sort of coming of age tale. Even though Dyllan is an adult, he's had a rough life and a hard past. The book is told from Dyllan's POV and can be read as a standalone.
I enjoyed this book, but there were times I would get frustrated with his actions. He's an alpha male with no control. But he's got his family. And they are everything to him.
The writing is great and the story flowed well.
Reviewed on behalf of Once Upon an Alpha.
Amanda
Nov 18, 2016 Amanda rated it it was amazing
From the first page, I was hooked! Love the story and love the way their relationship unfolded.
Vicky
Vicky rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Nov 16, 2016
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2016
Cynthia patino
Cynthia patino rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Venus Beverley
Venus Beverley rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2016
Johnaka
Apr 29, 2017 Johnaka rated it really liked it
Falling: a love story by Allyn Lesley
“Out of the ashes love story, 4 stars”

Sometimes we all need a love story that isn’t simple, cut and dry, one that will give us all hope that the one with a hard life will find peace and love. In Falling you definitely get that kind or story. There were times I was yelling for Dyllan to get his act together, yelling at Allyn to stop messing with Dyllan and Chesley and let them be happy.
Dyllan was a foster kid until he was 17. When suddenly he’s scooped up and
Hana Parker
Hana Parker rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2016
rosanna copsey
rosanna copsey rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Julie stephens
Julie stephens rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2016
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Jessica Call
Jessica Call marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Kristin Leslie
Kristin Leslie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Allison Figueroa
Allison Figueroa marked it as to-read
Bea LaRocca
Bea LaRocca marked it as to-read
Serena Dolan
Serena Dolan marked it as to-read
Nora Fresse
Nora Fresse marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Diane Pollio
Diane Pollio marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Layla
Layla added it
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mian
Mian is currently reading it
Sep 23, 2016
allyn lesley writes real stories about real people.

As a teen, allyn lost herself in the pages of some of Romance’s heavyweights, trusting that a happy ever after was just around the corner. In allyn’s own writing journey, as in life, she’s learned that people don’t always experience recovery and restoration after a fall. Her stories speak to the gritty side of life where the right choice isn't al
More about Allyn Lesley...