Start by marking “The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)

The Air He Breathes

(Elements #1)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  44,248 ratings  ·  5,307 reviews
I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were
Published September 25th 2015 by BCherry Books

To ask other readers questions about The Air He Breathes, please sign up.
Brittainy Cherry Yes, but each book is a complete standalone with different characters. The connecting factor with the four novels in the series is each book is based…moreYes, but each book is a complete standalone with different characters. The connecting factor with the four novels in the series is each book is based off of one of the four elements: air, water, earth, and fire. :)(less)

·  44,248 ratings  ·  5,307 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3 Stars

***UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT***

***Disclaimer***
A lot of people say "I was able to overlook a, b, and c about the book and enjoy it" and "it's still on my tbr," and that's great. I'm not trying to disuade people from reading this. It should be on people's tbr because it's a great book.

And I'm glad others are overlooking certain things and loving it. I could have very well done the same. But I chose not to because that's just my true opinion. So please don't see my review as me not being able to "rise above" and see the good because that'ALERT***
A
Christy
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-read
5++ stars!!!

description

The Air He Breathes is the most beautiful book I’ve read this year. It’s a stunning, emotional, heartbreaking and powerful read. It’s outstanding and it’s by far Brittainy’s best work and my favorite book of hers. In fact, it’s my favorite book of 2015. Yes. You read that right. The same author that wrote my favorite book of 2014 (Loving Mr. Danclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
The
Candace
Wow! This was a highly emotional, and often depressing, story. Despite the fact that it dealt with some pretty gloomy subject matter, I was completely hooked on this story. I listened to the Audible version and I finished it in a single day. I couldn't pull myself away from it.

The author doesn't waste any time before plunging you into the desolate lives of Elizabeth and Tristan. Both of them are broken, trying to make it through their lives one day at a time. Elizabeth has lost her h
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 + STARS

[image error]

"How did two people so broken find each other's shattered pieces?"

[image error]

This book is so much more than it's gorgeous cover! I highly advise one-click purchasing because Britainy C. Cherry has delivered one of my favorite reads of 2015!

"Show me the shadows that keep you up at night. Kiss me with your darkness."

Ms. Cherry’s writing was simply fantastic, while her characters popped right off damn the page. I’m still reeling from the array of emotions that this story packed. The humor is original, the angst pal2015!
error]

STARS
[image ...more
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Edit : Here's my romance scale, with the points that interest me (tell me if you think of something else^^)

Warning : This is a DNF review of a book I pretty much hated. As much as I would have wanted to finish it, I reached 34% and there's no redeeming this book.

Just a little over a year ago, I started reviewing books on Goodreads. I gave up on New Adult at roughly the same time. Well, more or less, and this is why :
- They often romanticize unhealthy/abusive relationships and are full of sexist tropes.
- Honestly, most of them aren't well-written.
- The
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE+++++++++++++++++ STARS*****
(ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange For An Honest Review)
{BR with Dee and Mel}

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

"Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day."

photo d6a77ec873f412c9343ee78f6d14ad9f_zpshpzxtvhf.jpg

This story was AMAZING!! If I didn't have so many RL distractions I would have devoured this book and honestly I am happy that I had those distractions, because I was able to savor this one!! After having finished this book, I can truly say that Brittainy C Cherry, is one hell of a writer! I would compare her to COHO from her Hopeless and Slammed days. The dialog between tMel}
Mysza
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read
“Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day.”

Ah yes! What can I say? This book was simply wonderful. Damn, the author can write. It reads very fast because it is written so well. Beatiful words make beatiful sentences, which make beautiful story. Loved it all - the angst, the heartbreak, the healing, the falling in love, the humor - all was perfectly balanced.

I don't think I can say much about a plot without spoiling, I think you need to go blind into it, so let's just say that it is abou
Katerina
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“He and I together was a terrible idea. We were both unstable, we were both shattered, and there was no getting around it. He was thunder, I was lightning, and we were seconds away from creating the perfect storm.”

If you ask me why I started this book,I won't be able to give you an answer.I just...had to.Like I was compelled.Apparently the I-freaking-love-pain part of me was in charge.But if you ask me why I stayed up all night until I finished it and now coffee is the only thing that keeps me awak
Patrycja

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Wow! I could read this story it all over again, I had the serious case of feels - this book was an amazing read! It was a fabulous combination of interesting characters, humour, sadness and hope. On top of that we are gifted with an aloof hero as the main character that you just want to cuddle and do dirty things with in equal measure.

The Air He Breathes is about two broken people who have both suffered a huge loss in the
Beverly
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LIVE!

I have to say my biggest fear is losing my husband. He isn’t perfect, but he is my soulmate and I can’t imagine a life without him in it. Thank God I haven’t experienced this type of loss, because reading about it nearly broken my heart in two. Not every author or story can make me feel the pain the characters are feeling, but Brittainy’s writing makes me feel everything. I felt their loss, their grief, and their doubts. I felt their love, their healing and their hope.

"Sometimes the hardest part of exist
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE http://amzn.to/1JtdGqf

5 EMOTIONAL STARS

Such a beautiful and captivating story that will steal your heart,like it did with mine!My heart was broken, I couldn't stop reading this beautiful story and I was crying so many times feeling sorry for Tristan and Elizabeth!Their story touched me in so many ways.This is one of those books that you will want to read countless times. The Air He Breathes is a heartbreaking,sweet,romantic,hot,intense and passionate story.It's about loss,forgiveness,forget,second chances and love.
Brandi
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: emotional

description

There are tons of wonderful reviews for this story, so I will keep it short and sweet.

The Air He Breathes is an emotional story, about two people who have suffered enormous loss, but together they find a way to live and love again.

I enjoyed this read, but the drama and coincidences during the last 10-20% was a bit much, in my opinion. That said, I still found this to be a great story, overall.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars!!

description

“The Air He Breathes” is one of the most touching romance story I’ve read this year. It was simply perfect, beautifully, beautifully written and so touching. It was heartbreaking, emotional and also heartwarming, a story that definitely will stay with me for a while. It’s a story about loss, forgiveness and learning to love a
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My God, this book was so beautiful. <3
I cried too much while I was reading it... :(

"Right before I turned to leave, a small white feather came floating down from above and landed against my arm. A wave of comfort washed over me as I nodded. “I’ll be okay. I’ll be good,” I muttered, knowing that it was a kiss from my loved ones. I knew I would be okay one day, because it was obvious that I wasn’t alone."...

My God, this book was so beautiful. <3
I cried too much while I was reading it... :(

---------------------------

“I thought I had more time, but sometimes tomorrow never comes and you’re only left with the memories of yesterdays.”

“I just kind of wonder what it would be like to find someone who loves you the same amount that you love them. You know, that person who you see looking your way and smiling because they are just as wild for you as you are for them.”

“Show me the part of you that you try to keep buried. Show me where it hurts the most. I want to see your soul.”

“Even though I was death, she took the time to resuscitate me. She breathed life back into my soul. She brought me back from the shadows.”

“Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your loved ones was remembering how to breathe.”

“You know that place between nightmares and dreams? The place where tomorrows never come and yesterdays don't hurt anymore? The place where your heart beats in sync with mine? The place where time doesn't exist, and it's easy to breathe?
I want to live there with you.”

“It’s easier with you.”
“What’s easier with me?”
His hand found my lower back. My hips arched toward him, our bodies slowly becoming one. He ran his fingers against my neck as I closed my eyes, and he spoke softly into my soul. “Being alive.”

“As long as air moves in and out of my lungs … as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us.”

“Because at the end of the day, it’s not about the tarot cards, or the crystals, or the special teas. That’s not where the magic lives. The magic is in the tiny moments. The small touches, the gentle smiles, the quiet laughs. The magic is about living for today and allowing yourself to breathe and be happy. My dear boy, to love is the magic.”

“She undressed me and made love to her past. I slid into her and made love to my ghosts. It wasn’t right, yet somehow it made sense. Her soul was scarred, and mine was burned. But when we were together, the hurting hurt a little less. When we were together, the past wasn’t as painful to take in. When we were together, I never for a second felt alone.”
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
My first 5 star read for 2016.

"In the blink of an eye, in one moment's time, everything I knew about life changed."

I loved this opening quote because it's holds true for all of us. It's relatable and makes us feel the story even deeper. Life is unpredictable and our paths can be altered in just the blink of an eye. Adventuring with the characters on their journey from hurt-to-healing-to-finding love is one that kept me up reading late into the night.

I enjoyed The Air He Breathes even though I had a moment where
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Stars

I'm in love. The Air He Breathes is my first book by Brittainy C. Cherry, but it won't be my last. Damn but she tore my heart out, and slowly pieced it back together with this emotional read. I loved both the hero and the heroine. I knew going into the read that the main couple lost their husband/wife and that they start out using each other. I really thought it would have bothered me more. It was why I have held off reading it for so long. But it was written so well t
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Air He Breathes
Series: Elements #1
Author: Brittany C. Cherry
Release date: September 25, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

In a blink of an eye, in one moment's time, everything I knew about life changed.

This is my first Brittany C. Cherry book, (stupid, stupidclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
InNo
Cherry
Release#1
Breathes
Jasmine
5 STARS! ★★★★★

"But as long as air moves in and out of my lungs, as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us."

Once again, Brittainy C Cherry has delivered a top-notch romance read and dare I say rather effortlessly. Her previous work, Art & Soul easily snagged one of my top reads of 2015 and so does this one. Right from the prologue, I already knew this book would put me throuclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Jasmine
4 "Big, fat, giant TICK!" Stars!

Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your love ones was remembering how to breathe.

photo AD9CE88E-E6C8-40A4-BDA3-A2EC6DAF3CAB_zpsovpkrcju.jpg

The Air He Breathes
is a first Brittainy C Cherry book for me. I'll admit the book buzz was contagious and I pretty much dropped everything to read this. Problem with buzz books for me is they tend to give me a false high expectation. Because of that, I forced myself to read very few reviews...but I don't live under a rock. This book was everywhere on social media- well deserved, I might add. With that beinStars!
Sometimes
Peek At My Book Review
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
FULL REVIEW POSTED

Rating : 4 ‘TICK, TOCK AND LIZZIE’ Stars

description

My Views : The Air He Breathes is the story of two people who are broken on the inside and when they way collides, they found that they had more in common and work towards diminishing the difference. The character's past are broken and the story poignant. descriptionThe pages will tuPOSTED
Rating
Stacey is Sassy
It was worth taking that next breath.

Life's a funny thing. What's worse, finding out your loved one has two months to live or will die instantly in a car crash? Both are bad, but when you lose the opportunity for one last goodbye, how do you move on? The Air He Breathes was one of the best and emotional reads I've experienced in a long time. I cried through the whole thing and continually questioned how on earth I could come out the other side with a smile on my face. For two people to have that much pain in
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your loved one was remembering how to breathe.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I could not wait to read this book after seeing so many love it. I was hoping to feel the same, but I didn't fully love it as others. I did, however, enjoy it for the most part.

Elizabeth has had a very difficult year, to say the least. She lost her husband and has been trying to figure ouclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Dee Montoya
***** 5 Breathtaking Stars*****

(ARC kindly provided by Author)
(BR with Mel and Patty <3)

photo f15c19d2-c380-4454-8ed0-cea4a018d69c_zpsbrfyc7ay.jpg

When I first learned about this book, my first thought was, what a gorgeous cover! But what's inside the pages of this novel surpasses the attractive cover or any expectations I had about Brittainy C. Cherry's new book. The Air He Breathes is a thing of beauty, raw and emotional.

Elizabeth has been grieving the death of herStars*****
(ARC
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day. ★'s

“You don’t have to be good all the time. It’s okay to be hurt sometimes. It’s okay to feel lost like you’re wandering around in the dark. It’s the bad days that make the good ones so much better.”

Wow! I mean damn this book, I love it!! It has all the feels, that for me is what makes a good book :) I love books with broken people, who learn to love again...in finding themselves in one another. It has such heartbreak and it's so raw. The Air/>“You
S.M. West
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 "Because I see you" STARS

"There were small signs from the angels, letting us know they were always close by, watching over us."

I truly love discovering a new author and then falling in love with their characters and story. Thank you, Ms. Cherry! You made me smile, you made me laugh, you made me cry and Tristan, Elizabeth, Emma and Zeus stole my heart.

photo image.jpg1_zpskjc1hehu.jpg

This was a beautiful, breathtaking read with so many emotions. It covers the very harsh and dreadful reality of death, grief and loss of your partner,STARS
Duchess Nicole
The cheese factor was high with this one.

I thought I'd sink into this and roll around like a two year old in a ball pit but instead I just sank. It started off okay, with the buildup to the meet-cute and Tristan's ass-holery front and center. As soon as we established how "broken" the protagonists were, though, it all went downhill. There were so many quotes that made me cringe, but the first
Michelle
3 Stars!
Loved the first half of the book. It's the last part that I had issues with.
Review posted:)
3 Loved/Liked Stars!
This one started out really good. I was loving it so much. I didn't want to put it down. Then a few things happened that brought my loving down to just liking.

What did I love?
I loved Faye! She was funny as hell!
I loved Emma...Elizabeth's daughter.
Her calling Tristan a Tick was cute and funny.
(view spoiler) ...more
Geri Reads
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

There are already so many wonderful reviews for this book and they've basically done a great job selling the merits of this book. I won't add anymore except to say that, yes, I liked this. I love Tristan and Liz' emotional journeys. I even liked how their relationship evolved. I loved Emma and Mr. Henson and Faye!!

The writing fit with the poignant and at times melancholic atmosphere of the book. I wasn't too crazy about the supernatural aspect of it though. It's nothing
warhawke
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Elements series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Tristan Cole was a broken man still haunted by the memories of the past. He stopped feeling and living for himself, earning him a reputation and making him an outcast of the small town.

Elizabeth Bailey came back to her hometown for a fresh start. Together with her 5 years old daughter, she vowed to move on with their life with beautiful new memories. But sometimes, the past could creep in unexpectedly.

This book has been blowing up my GRDual
Rating:series
POV:Romance
Type:

• The Fall
  • Running Barefoot
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas (Split #1.5)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Kissing Trouble
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Crescendo
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Hers to Take (Loving Your Enemy, #1)
  • All In (Full Tilt, #2)
  • Finding Eden

Elements (4 books)
  • The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements, #2)
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4)
I want to live there with you.”
187 likes
“No soulmate leaves the world alone; they always take a piece of their other half along with them.” 124 likes