Start by marking “Infinity Key (Senyaza, #2)” as Want to Read:
Infinity Key (Senyaza, #2)

Infinity Key

(Senyaza #2)

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition for 9781936460533

While her best friend is pulled into the supernatural underworld, Branwyn isn’t about to sit on the sidelines. Unfortunately, Branwyn is decidedly mortal, and in the supernatural underworld, humans are weak and helpless, no better than toys, tools and prey. But she isn’t having any of that. Branwyn wants
Paperback
Published May 2015 by Candlemark & Gleam (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Infinity Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infinity Key

Start your review of Infinity Key (Senyaza, #2)
Chrysoula Tzavelas
Jul 25, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this
Later maybe I'll post some of the experience of writing it. But not until more people have read it. :-)
Alex McGilvery
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Infinity Key is the second book about Branwyn and her friends. The only thing you need to know from the first book is that Penny was horribly wounded in her soul by the battle and is lying unconscious and very slowing dying. Branwyn decides that she will do something to change the situation in spite of the reality that she is human and has no magic.

She makes a deal with Tarn, the fairie Lord of Underlight to learn the work of an artificer in exchange for creating a mirror. What Tarn wants is a
Charlene  Kaup
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous!

This series is fantastic! Wonderful characters that follow through out the series. Great plot twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend this series.
M. Fenn
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Earlier this year, I read Chrysoula Tzavelas‘ debut novel, Matchbox Girls, enjoying it quite a bit. You can see my thoughts on that book here, if you like.

Infinity Key is the sequel to Matchbox Girls, the second book in Tzavelas’ Senyaza series. It takes up where the first book ended, but stands alone pretty well. Tzavelas’ does a good job of catching readers up to the plot, although that aspect does feel a little stiff in spots. Infinity Key follows Branwyn Lennox in her quest to rescue her fri
Fangs for the Fantasy
Branwyn is human. A nice, normal human – which isn’t a great thing to be when magical shenanigans, monsters, fae and wizards are running around. There can be no greater evidence of this than her best friend, Penny, slowly dying in a hospital bed. A fate that could have been Branwyn’s if Marley hadn’t worked so hard to keep her out of the supernatural drama that had consumed her life.

Branwyn doesn’t want to be protected, she doesn’t want to be a tool, a victim or something to be sheltered and she
Jeannie Zelos
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Infinity Key. Chrysoula Tzavelas.

Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews

I'd not read the first book, Matchbox Girls, but after reading and loving this one I would love to just to find out how it all started. Some of the events of that book are referred to and shape incidents in this one, but never the less I was able to follow and enjoy the story regardless. Branwyn is a mortal caught up by her friends in the supernatural world. She strong, not going to back down to the supernaturals just because
Nádia Batista
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I decided to read Infinity Key, it was a shot in the dark. Although the story seemed interesting, the book cover made me think if the content wouldn't be a little too childish. Don't get me wrong: I did like the book cover! So I started to read it.

Infinity Key is the second volume of the Senyaza Series. It's the story of Branwyn, a mortal girl who will do everything she can to save her friend Penny, who is slowly dying with a shredded soul.
Although I did not read the first book in the serie
Catherine Sharp
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second of Chrysoula's Senyaza novels stars Branwyn, a secondary character from the first one, Matchbox Girls. Branwyn was one of my favourite characters from Matchbox Girls, being fierce and loyal and snarky and very very human, and to have her back as the protagonist of this novel was awesome.

I'm trying to avoid Matchbox Girls spoilers here, but I think it's fair enough to say that at its end one of Branwyn's friends was left in a bad situation, thanks to the supernaturals they encountered.
CJ Jones
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tzavelas has once again failed to write an urban fantasy novel. As we know, UF is about a young girl falling truly and deeply in love with a mysterious vampire or other creature (except a zombie, ick) and overcoming obstacles to be together forever.

This is Branwyn, and she refuses to play that game. The book takes place soon after Matchbox Girls, which was Marley's book, and I like the change in point of view--even things we're familiar with get a new light cast on them. I commented on how much
Kiva
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This followup to Matchbox Girls is stronger and more aggressively paced. Part of that is that the reader can be expected to have some familiarity with the world, so less time is spent introducing it, but the bulk of the difference is the protagonist.

Branwyn's demanding and insistent, she knows what she wants, and she has no qualms about pushing others around to get it. She drives the story much more than Marley did in the previous book, and as a result we're left breathlessly trying to keep up.

T
Jami
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plot: 5 stars
Characters: 4 1/2 stars
Style: 4 1/2 stars
Pace: 4 1/2 stars

Rounding up, slightly, because it managed to have it's own plot arc amongst all the building of subplots, which is a particular pet issue for me with second books. It's refreshing to see characters who aren't special snowflakes, but take power for themselves to help friends and loved ones with full understanding of what they're getting themselves into. The only downside, of course, is in creating a very fleshed out world,
Carl
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Marley's best friend Branwyn (Action Girl) shows all too clearly why she has that nickname in this greatly enjoyable book that shares its clever and fascinating setting with the previous book, Matchbox Girls, which you should read first. Each book is complete in itself, with some characters carrying over, but you'll want to read them in order. Or not; I'm not the boss of you.

The series continues in Wolf Interval, which I'm reading right now and enjoying. There are also some short stories in the
Henry Lazarus
Chrysoula Tzavelas intoduced us to three Matchbook Girls (ebook), close friends who discover a strange world of angels and fae when Marley is hired to babysit two children with powers. At the end Penny was left in a coma and Branwyn who had contacts with Tarn, the of Underlight. He claims that if Branwyn makes the Infinity Key (ebook from Candlemark & Gleam). As she travels through both the fae and human worlds, she learns more about how magic works and how her abilities as an artificer will hel ...more
Chris Gwinn
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a more-or-less direct sequel to Matchbox Girls, but with a different protagonist. Which I was initially a little bummed by, since I liked Marley. But it works! And, once again, Chrysoula's very good at taking story and setting elements that I usually find annoying or boring and making them work. It was good. You should read it. Read Matchbox Girls first though.
Wendy
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyable sequel to Matchbox Girls. Branwyn is an interesting, sometimes stubborn beyond her own good character, but she wouldn't achieve what she does if she wasn't. Liked the development of Tarn. An Artificer sounds like something I'd like to be when I grow up!
Kristen Westfall
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015
3.5 stars. This one took me longer to get into than the first, but I loved Action Girl's growth and badassery.
Glinda Harrison
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, lendable
I am starting to like the concept of Heavenly Machines!
C.E. Murphy
stori
rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2018
Victoria Rodriguez
rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2017
Sep 16, 2018
Elizabeth
Feb 21, 2014

• Diminished Responsibility
  • Broken Ties: Prequel (The Mentalist Series)
  • Aversion (The Mentalist Series, #1)
  • Taming The Biker (The Biker, #5)
  • Her Hidden Past (Rosemary Run #2)
  • Her Boldest Lie (Rosemary Run #3)
  • Alana
  • Runaway Bride (Magnolia Beach #1)
  • Tapestry Collection: A Boxed Set of Three Historical Romances (3 novel historical Romance Bundle)
  • Take Me to Fight (The Past Life #4)
  • Kilty Pack One (Kilty #1-3)
  • Roomie Wars
  • Kicking Reality
  • #Jerk
  • Red Snow (Burkheart Witch Saga #1)
  • Ranger Security 6 Book Omnibus
  • Her Deepest Fear (Rosemary Run, #1)
  • Show Me the Danger (The Past Life #2)
I grew up as an Air Force brat, so I read a lot, mostly from libraries. I started with animal stories and moved onto magical animal stories, and ended up in fantasy. I've also gone through science fiction phases but I find fantasy more consistently entertaining.

When I was a small child I wrote an earnest letter to the creators of He-Man, suggesting they give him a twin sister named She-Woman, with

Senyaza (5 books)
  • Matchbox Girls (Senyaza, #1)
  • Wolf Interval (Senyaza, #3)
  • Etiquette of Exiles (Senyaza, #4)
  • Divinity Circuit (Senyaza, #5)