Start by marking “The Other Vietnam War: A Helicopter Pilot's Life in Vietnam” as Want to Read:
The Other Vietnam War: A Helicopter Pilot's Life in Vietnam

The Other Vietnam War: A Helicopter Pilot's Life in Vietnam

Each of us who served in Vietnam was the guy next door, the average Joe, not a hero. The boy who might date your daughter or sister. The young man who might mow your yard. In Vietnam, we weren’t out to be heroes. We just did our jobs.

For a helicopter pilot, each day was like all the others. You flew the mission and never stopped to think that it might be your last. You d
Published May 10th 2015 by Imzadi Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Other Vietnam War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Vietnam War

Start your review of The Other Vietnam War: A Helicopter Pilot's Life in Vietnam
William B.
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not The Right Title

This book is not so much about "A Helicopter Pilot's Life in Vietnam" as it is about how Vietnam changed a man's life. It is more of an autobiography that includes some rather benign combat experiences. Although the author did not experience much of the Gore of war, many of us did. Advantage author.
Reeca Elliott
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-app
This is a true story about a helicopter pilot’s life in Vietnam. It is about how Vietnam changed him. Would he do it again...NO! Is he glad he did it...YES!

This book is hard to read in places. But, like the author, I am glad I did. I just cannot imagine going through what these guys went through.

The author did a fabulous job with all of his “learning experiences”. From the rats, roaches, and danger, I was shaking or cringing most of the time.

I also enjoyed reading about his thought process. D
Bianca Eksteen
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
As I read this book, not being an American citizen, I found Marc's personal story very intriguing. It was unnerving and horrifying but that is the spoils of war. Though being there, living through death leaves it's own mark on your soul.
Marc Collison was a helicopter pilot in the Vietnam War, his tale is gripping and terrifying and vivid as I could imagine war to be.
Thankfully he returned home after his 4 year service to his country, a service that will forever be a part of him.
A true tale th
Kenny Anderson
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Offers an insight into the feelings and experiences of a soldier struggling with his sense of duty and conscientious.

Excellent book and in many respects an eye opener to the thoughts of probably many soldiers caught up in the Vietnam War.
Richard A Lambing
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. About a chopper pilot, that does his duty, by going to Vietnam. And survived it too. Difficult part is, Vietnam War history now; with American involvement is over 50 years old now. And getting older.
Dorcas brekel
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very good book, real life history of a difficult time.

Thank you Marc Cullison for your book. I enjoyed reading about your experience in the Vietnam war. I appreciate the service you and your fellow veterans gave to our country. The memory of your experience in Vietnam is greatly appreciated by me and others who lived through that time but did not serve. I cannot thank you enough for the time that you gave our country.
Rebecca Larsen
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

An insightful tale into the life of a Vietnam Helicopter Pilot. This is the pilots story and experiences that he is sharing. Their is no glamour in war. War is Hell, and this story details some of what he has experienced and felt during that time. I hope everyone takes the time to read this story and remember those who were lost fighting for their country.
Richard

• Hovering Horizon: A Cobra Pilot's Life in and Out of His Copter, 3nd Edition
  • All Expenses Paid
  • Under Another Sun: A Novel of the Vietnam War
  • The Flag Was Still There
  • SONS OF KOLCHAK: A company commander during the Vietnam Tet Offensive of 1968 tells the story of his men's raw courage and valor.
  • Echoes of a Distant Past: Screaming Eagles: A Vietnam War Memoir
  • Care Under fire
  • The Blades Carry Me: Inside the Helicopter War in Vietnam
  • Open Wound: My Physical, Psychological and Philosophical Journey through the War in Vietnam
  • Huey: The Story of a Helicopter Assault Pilot in Vietnam
  • Undaunted Valor: Medal of Honor (Undaunted Valor #2)
  • Vietnam Saga: Exploits of a combat helicopter pilot