Start by marking “Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)” as Want to Read:
Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)

Flawed Love

(House of Obsidian #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  4,496 ratings  ·  348 reviews
**FLAWED LOVE is a standalone second chance romance with a HEA**

Rainer Torrence is everything I could have wanted in my life and more.
He became my best friend when I was Thirteen years old.
From then on, we were inseparable. He was my first love and my first heartbreak.
But I always thought it was forever.
Until his Father died and things went bad.
Then suddenly, he disa
Published July 7th 2015 (first published July 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Flawed Love, please sign up.
Stevie The first book of House of Obsidian that revolves around Max and Belle (Pippa is Belle's best friend) The first book is called Flawed Heart (its reall…moreThe first book of House of Obsidian that revolves around Max and Belle (Pippa is Belle's best friend) The first book is called Flawed Heart (its really good)(less)

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author "Bella Jewel" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Flawed Love
SERIES: (House of Obsidian #2)
AUTHOR: Bella Jewel
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE:July 7th 2015
MY RATING: 5 STARS

FLAWED LOVE: A second chance romance, a dirty hot alpha male, a fighter, a lover, hot sex, likeable characters, pretty much ticked all my boxes..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I cray cray love this author, from her Biker series to her Pirate series to her stand alones I hav
Alp
This was a huge letdown.

The story started out promising. Along with a nice storyline, I really enjoyed the two main characters and their friendship until around the end of the first half, things started getting worse. I was very disappointed with both Rainer and Emalie. It was a surprise that I could finish the book!

Emalie deserves a better guy than Rainer. Sadly, she has no backbone. She let him hurt her feelings, use her as a fuck buddy, and treat her like a doormat. I don't know what more to
Sabrina
May 19, 2015 rated it it was ok

It kills me to give such a low rating to one of my go to authors, but this book just didn't do it for me.

Rainer and Mali were best friends growing up and completely inseparable. Mali was the tomboy in high school that hung out with the nerdy kids, while Rainer was the popular boy that got all the girls. Their friendship never suffered though and still went strong. Eventually their friendship turned into something more and they took it to the next level. Rainer got into the drug scene shortly aft
Michelle
Rainer is just so gorgeous

Emy/Mali has been best friends with Rainer since they were young they r total opposite she us the nerd an he the popular guy but they just get on so well they were never a part alway spendin every min they could 2gether they told each other everything an just got closer as the yrs went by but shit happened an thinks turned bad 4 Rainer an the relationship took a hit but Rainer had 2 protect Emy an he would do anything 4 her didn't want 2 put her in danger but he ha
Cristina
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I've been waiting for Rainer's story since I read about him in Desolation and then in Flawed Heart :D So I was over the moon when Bella Jewel announced he was getting his own book so how could I not love this? :D

description

Rainer Torrence has been a slave (yes...those still exist even in our days) for a big part of his life and that time has left a big scar in his head and in his heart.

description

Emalie has know and loved Rainer all her life but after he disappears and she doesn't know anything about him for almost
Alpha Possessive Heroes
ugh~ Pippa! Pippa! Pippa!

I didn't mind that its a love-triangleish and I loved that finally, a man is in between! BUT! the ending was so fast I think I had a whiplash! The hero says he's inlove with Pippa, then few pages on- he realized he LOVE Pippa but not inLOVE with her!!

description

The book has so much potential but by 80ish% in the story it went fuckin down hill!

So disappointed!

And don't get me started with Pippa! She's annoying as shit it pissed me off! She was a jealous bitch! she's like, "no we'r
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Bella Jewel at her best!! This story focuses on Rainer and Emalie and I have to say that they have to be my favorite in the Obsidian series.
They were best friends. They completed each other. They knew each other's soul. Until they didn't.
Rainer is a changed man. When he is back into town, Emalie wants to have her old friend back, but it is not as easy as it sounds when your friend no longer recognizes you.
Emalie is devastated. She realizes that what she once had with Rainer is no more. Her face
Michelle
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, arc, favorites
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

[image error]

There is nothing flawed about Flawed Love by Bella Jewel. I absolutely loved this second installment of The House of Obsidian Series and devoured it in one sitting. Flawed Love managed to incorporate two of my favorite kind of trope into the story-line: Friends to Lovers and Second Chance Romance.

#flawedLove

I really don't want to go in depth or spoil anything for the readers because this book was brimming with so much passion, intensit
Rachel
RCK
May 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
Lindsay
Believe it or not, this is my first Bella Jewel book. I know, shocking right! But from the moment I first read the blurb, I couldn’t wait to read the book. It was just so intriguing that I had to sit down with it.

I was hooked from page one. This book utilizes the past and present format. Each chapter takes place in a different time. Rainer and Emy have been best friends for years and the book starts when they were in high school, just before things start to change between them. In the present d
Ivana Azap Feješ
Rainer is just so gorgeous. Emy/Mali has been best friends with Rainer since they were young. They r total opposite. She us the nerd an he the popular guy but they just get on so well. 10 years ago, Rainer and Emalie were the most important people in each other's lives; they started out as best friends and then fell in love only to have it destroyed and forgotten. Now that they live in the same town again, Emalie still wants the man she loves, but he can't remember her due to his trauma and his ...more
Dona Myftari
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Emalie the Doormat
Rainer the Dick!!!!
Elfina Renee
Jul 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Bella Jewel's storyline and plot is exceptional. Felt the connection and chemistry between the characters; however I'm wondering if I should have rated Flawed Love with two stars instead of three. I'm still on the fence. Emalie's reaction to situations that were upsetting included throwing hissy fits and boohooing, while she'd run for the hills. She constantly made herself a victim, be that by her feelings or how the guys in her life wronged her. I saw her as weak and pathetic, someone who refus ...more
Allegria
Jul 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
So done w/ this series. Its a "how to be a major doormat" instruction manual for gitls.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Rainer and Emalie sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Flawed Love was a very emotional journey for me, but I think it was deeply enhanced by my previous knowledge of Rainer & Pippa's experience. It makes me wonder if those that don't read her book will get the same experience. I'm guessing that they might be a little harder on Rainer, less understanding of his mental road blocks and obvious feelings for Pippa. There's something to be said for going through hell and coming out the other side. You migh
Ankita
Jan 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Not really convinced about Rainer's feelings towards Mali. He spent almost the whole book in love with someone else. The ending was just another thing that ruined it for me. It was just so sudden. Um not really my thing.
Shazy
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
2 stars.

DISSAPOINTED. Ps. I hate Pippa.
Jenn
"R is for Rainer, handsome as can be, A is for a-hole, one he can be, I is for idiot, yeah you know it's true, N is for nerdy, you're a little of that too, E is for energetic, there's no holding you back, R is for rebel, one day I'll fight back."

I loved the aspect of the whole story and I felt Flawed Love had great potential however, it was sadly lacking in the depth department of the NOW chapters.

The THEN chapters:
I loved this section of the story. I loved watching their friendship blosso
Diana's
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it..
I was so anxious for Rainer to get his HEA!!!

Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

This was my pre Christmas audio read while I was busy getting the gardens all tidied up and all the other jobs I deem important before visitors arrive.

The second story in the House of Obsidian series but the focus is on Rainer, the bartender who was introduced in the previous book.

Emy and Rainer were childhood friends, sharing everything together. As they grew to be teenagers, they also shared a few other firsts. They thought they would be together forever until Rainer suddenly left and
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review.

Let me just say that I love Bella Jewel. Therefore, whatever I say about this book will not change how I feel about her as an author. Also, I have to add that I will most definitely still read all her other books, past or future, because I am a big fan.

That being sad, I am heartbroken to say that I truly did not like this book. Ever since Ms. Jewel announced that Rainer was going to have his book, I've looked forw
Megan Fall
I have been waiting forever for Rainer's story and it certainly didn't disappoint! I loved, loved, loved it. So emotional, I couldn't put it down. Another amazing read!
Caryn
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WONDERFUL!

I loved Rainer since Pippa's story.

The suffering this man took on first for Emy and then for Pippa is indescribable. We should all be so lucky as to have a love like that.

I really love this series! The characters are unforgettable.
Lisa Mcintire
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Kristy & Kayla - My Person's Books
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
It's no secret Bella Jewel is one of our DEAR authors, with each book she writes her writing continuously goes from strength to strength. Bella has a gift, as readers we are extremely lucky to come across authors like her. Bella's writing draws you in from the start and keeps you captivated until you have finished the last page, when you've finished one of her books you are hanging by a thread for the next book she has up her sleeve.

Background - We first met Rainer in Desolation, he was taken a
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh Rainer! We learned a lot about him during Pippa’s story in Desolation and I was so excited to find out he was getting his own story!

Rainer has lived a ridiculously hard life and due to those circumstances he is very closed off. He has very few friends and never has a relationship.

“I don’t do relationships; I do one-night stands. I fuck. I don’t ask names.”

A blast from his past, Mali aka Emy, re-enters his life unexpectedly, only there is one problem. He doesn’t remember her.

“I didn’t want a
Shay
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Flawed Love and I loved it. I'm a big Bella fan and this to me didn't disappoint. This is Rainer's story. You met him in Pippa and Tykes story and then seen him again in Flawed Heart. You know that he has went through alot of turmoil in his life so now we get to really see it. You find out that he was friends with Emalie. The story flips from past to present in each chapter so you get to see what happened and what is happening now. Emalie has loved him forever and once she realiz ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aawwwwww!!!! Love, love, LOVE this story!!!
I was so looking forward to Rainer's story, I felt so sorry for him in Desolation, he missed out on the girl and after everything he'd been through with Pippa they had such a strong connection, I couldn't stand seeing Rainer dealing with such heartbreak.
Rainer might not have been able to open himself up to someone new but Mali knew Rainer from before, before he even met Pippa, they were childhood best friends and later young lovers.
Surprisingly, in th
Anna
Aug 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Sigh.......... I like this author's writing style but I really struggled with the characters in this story. Annoying and frustrating best describes them. Hard to love a book when you want to throat punch the H, the h, and the main sub character. Seriously, they were that irritating.

Rainer - super sexy but what a d*ck to the h. His devotion to Pippa made me want to kick him in the butt.

Emy - beside the constant crying, she annoyed me because she put up with Rainer's immense bs PLUS she really lik

• Guts & Glory: Brick (In the Shadows Security, #6)
  • CHAINS: Night Rebels Motorcycle Club (Night Rebels MC Romance Book 8)
  • Hammer: An Evil Dead MC Story
  • Wrecking Ball (Wrecked, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • 3 Breaths
  • What Mattered Most
  • Her Best Friend's Lover
  • Stay With Me (Diamond In The Rough #3)
  • Guts & Glory: Ryder (In the Shadows Security, #2)
  • Hawk (Burnout, #3)
  • Never Letting You Go
  • Over The High Side (Sacred Hearts MC Pacific Northwest Book 1)
  • Renegade Reject (Renegade Sons MC, #2)
  • Secret Obsession (Cordova Empire #3)
  • Guts & Glory: Walker (In the Shadows Security, #4)
  • Knox's Stand (The Last Riders #3)
  • The Woman He Married (A Magic City Duo, # 1)
Heya!! My name is Bella, I'm a new aussie author and I am as crazy as they come. I'm playful, friendly and always up for a chat so stop on by x

House of Obsidian (2 books)
  • Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian, #1)