Start by marking “Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian, #1)

Flawed Heart (House of Obsidian #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  5,189 Ratings  ·  478 Reviews
**This is a full length, second chance romance**

Max & Belle's story

This isn't the man I married.
The man I married was strong, beautiful and pure.
The man I married cherished our lives together.
The man I married loved me.

This...This isn't that man.

One night. One accident. It changes everything.

I wish I could tell you the exact moment he fell out of love with me. I wis
Published June 22nd 2015 (first published June 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Flawed Heart, please sign up.
Shannon they are in desolation, which is the fourth Jokers Wrath book! if you haven't read the series yet i would recommend it!

ღFloღ the coffee addict
2.5 STARS

*sigh*

I don't even know what to say about this book.

It had good intentions and the premise is my all time favourite romance trope, but even a second chance love story can't save my enjoyment of a read when the writing and the consistency of the story is mediocre at best. I really tried and since this is an ARC I finished reading the whole book, but it's just not good.

Here is my list of problematic and spoilerish things:

1. The connection between Max and Belle albeit cute was far too rush
Raj
Jun 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is probably the most appropriately titled yet utterly illogical book of the month.

I say 'appropriate' because the entire plot is flawed to the degree of being painful and the usage of the word 'illogical' because the dark secret that the hero is hiding from his wife that results in the demise of his marriage is the most nonsensical reasoning I have read in months for cheating.

It seems like one big excuse to screw other women during a five year separation.

AND HE BLAMES HER FOR RUNNING AND SH
Jayme
The brightest part of this book - Immy.

***Quick Review:***

Series: First in the House of Obsidian series but can be read as stand alone.
Grade: Contemporary Romance. New adult.
Main characters: Max runs a club House Of Obsidian with underground fighting ring. He used to be loving and caring. But now he doesn't feel anything. Belle was a sweet innocent girl, but now she is just broken.
Secondary characters: We have here once again Raide Knox, Jokers' Wrath MC and Rainer, friend of Pippa.
Steamy:
Shawna
1 star – Contemporary Romance

“Flawed” indeed...not to mention infuriating, cheesy, choppy, rushed, melodramatic, and nonsensical. I didn’t like the hero or heroine (at all) and felt absolute nothing, zilch, for their contrived, supposedly deep, emotional, powerful, all-consuming connection/love besides frustration. And the big, dark, earth-shattering, soul-destroying “secret” that kept the H/h apart for five years was utterly ridiculous. Needless to say, the “romance” fell very flat and the disj
Cristina
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fighting-men
I was very curious about Max and Belle's story after meeting them in Desolation and I really wanted to be able to give this book more then 3 stars but unfortunately it let me down :(

description

Max and Belle are married but have been apart for 5 years. After Max witnesses something horrific he had a depressive episode, pushed Belle away end everything went downhill from there.

description

I love Bella Jewel's ability to make you live a story and her writing style but unfortunately only this things made me give this boo
Denisa
I loved Belle and Max!

I've been waiting for their story for a while now and I'm so glad I finally got to read it! It's exactly what I expected when I started reading this book. I definitely need more of this!

If you've read Bella Jewel before and liked her, I'm pretty sure this book won't be a disappointment.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

OMFG this is FINALLY sitting in my iPad and I'm FINALLY reading it ahhhhhhh!!

I have seen this being boomeranged all over facebook from the likes of stalkers like me!! The daily teasers were driving me insane, now finally I'm going to turn off life and get reading this, freaking love this author..highly anticipated book!!

“Max,
I just don’t think I can ever forgive you.
Belle.”

This is not really what I expected, I love the writing style of this author, like she engages you from the first page eve
Michelle
Copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review

Flawed Hearts chronicles the relationship of married couple Max and Anabelle as they try to rebuild their relationship after five years of separation. If you are a Bella fan like myself and have read the Joker Wrath MC series and most recently the book, Desolation, then these characters wouldn't be a surprise to the readers.

#FlawedHeart_Bella

The story of Max and Anabelle's relationship is an emotional, heartbreaking, sexy, and heart-tugging read that chron
Kristina
Jun 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
Max is supposed to be a leading man? Yeah right. What a total loser. He was a dickhead "then" and he's an ever bigger dickhead now. He's also a massive CHEATER who whilst screwing around with other women for 5 years and not doing a damn thing to get his wife back, expects his wife to be celibate the whole time.

He is a repulsive slut (nothing to be proud of when you're a husband who says he loves his wife), and she just lets him back in her bed after he screwed dozens of women "just because".

Als
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
“Where’s Demi?”
I shrug. Demi is my on-again, off-again girlfriend. Right now, we’re on more than we’re off, which is surprising, but I have no doubt it comes down to image. She’s the equivalent to me in her social circle, so it works. Plus she’s hot.

-----------------------
The sky holds no candle to her eyes. I study the rest of her, really taking her in. I don’t think I’ve seen her around here before. She’s got this thick mass of strawberry-blond hair that’s bundled on top of her head, with thic
Justadele
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
I honestly don't know where to start with this book, Belle & Max meet in school/college fall in love, get married young then something happens to Max & he changes turning to drink, drugs & gambling. Belle runs away heartbroken & doesn't come home for 5 years when she's forced too because her mum is dying of cancer.

This story has been told a thousand times has every cliche you could think to add. The characters gave me whiplash, Max was a total arsehole & Belle was a doormat.
Michelle
I luvd this it was great

Belle as had a hard 5 yrs an she is back where it al started back home where she left the luv of her life an he family but she is back cause her mum is terminally sick so she wants 2 spend as much time with her as she can but bein home is hard an the feelings she as tried 2 push back r now fightin with her Max her ex as been through so much as well but he push Belle away an hurt her so much she couldn't stay but she didn't know what Max was goin through an when they c e
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Another amazing book from Bella Jewel. This has to be one of my favorite books of 2015 so far! It had everything! Love, passion, a good story and characters that I loved.
Anabelle is a single mother, trying to raise her little daughter, Immy. When her sick mother needs her help, she returns home but her past comes back to haunt her as well.
Five years ago, Anabelle ran from the man she loved. She left her husband because she couldn't live with the knowledge that he didn't love her anymore.
Max is
Sabrina
3 Disappointed Stars

I don't really know where to start with this review. I've been looking forward to Max and Belle's story every since I read Desolation and was first introduced to the characters. But now that I've finally read their story I was a little disappointed.

Five years ago Belle left her husband, Max, with the secret of their unborn child. Now she's back in town to take care of her dying mother and when she see's Max again she realizes she doesn't want to keep running. Their past isn'
Fre06 Begum
Jun 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is def my last book from this author I seriously hate her weak and needy females and her cheating hero's make me sick so no more books from her for me!
*TANYA*
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
Flawed book. Flawed characters. Flawed everything.
lizparker
This felt... unfinished to me. It's full of cliches and goes back and forth in time between when they met in college and the present. Hero did really really shitty things and I didn't feel that he ever redeemed himself. He didn't even really try.

The thing that really didn't sit right with me is that the husband is a complete tool. He's all bad boy, alpha male, but I feel like a real man wouldn't do what he did to his wife. He pushed her away, pushed her to a point where she needed to leave, and
Paige
3 Stars

This book, for me, was a case in which the blurb created so much anticipation and the book just didn't quite meet my expectations. I wanted to like the book much more than I did. The idea behind the story was good, the follow through wasn't.

Max and Belle meet in college. Max is a star football player with an on again, off again girlfriend when he runs into quiet and shy Annabelle. At first they start off friends eventually turning into much more. Eventually marrying, Max starts running hi
Amanda  Y
May 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
Wtf did I just read? I can't believe that was the big secret that kept their AMAZING (?!?) love apart for 5 years (eye roll). Really?!? And then the next thing I know I see the word epilogue on top of the page? Was anything solved at all to warrant an epilogue? Really?
Megpie
-SPOILERS-

Nope. This story just didn't do it for me. I love Bella Jewel but this book is eerily similar to another of her books Till Death (which I loved). But that's not even what bothered me. What got to me is that in Till Death the heroes reason for being a bastard to his wife made sense- I could see that happening. But the reason Max turned so cold and mean to Annabelle made ZERO sense to me.

So Max is on his way home one night when he sees a wreck. When he gets to the truck the family is de
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
I HATE and I mean absolutely HATE giving a low star rating.These authors put in so much work in their stories and only hope that we as readers will love them.Sadly I didn't love this one and I came so close to DNFing this I can't even tell you.The story started out pretty promising in the begining but then then Max went and opened his freakin mouth and said why he doesn't think Belle would fit into his world.That my friend was strike one for me.

Belle also started out as a good girl and I was ok
Jenn
"Max?"
"Yeah, baby?"
"Can I keep you forever?"

description

I read book two, Flawed Love, before reading this story. I wasn't a giant fan of the second book however, I felt Flawed Heart was a lot better.

Belle comes back to town, with her daughter in tow, to care for her sick mom. She doesn't want to see her estranged husband, and the plan was working until he shows up at her mom's house. Now Belle has to decided what to do about their daughter, when it comes to Max. She's got enough on her plate between a te
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Flawed Heart by Bella Jewel was anything but flawed. It was fabulous! If you’re a Bella Jewel fan like I am then you will know she didn’t stray from her usual writing style. Flawed Heart is the story of Max and Anabelle. Their love spans time, and with a love like that there are hardships…

First let me say: Max is OMG! Smokin’ hot! I have a very clear picture of who he is in my head. I’m certain he is the broody, yet gentle man that I would fall head over heels for myself. Yes please!

Anabelle i
Greta
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5 ANNI PRIMA

"Max?" she asks, when our breathing evens out.
"Yeah, baby?"
"Can I keep you forever?"
I grin. "Fuck yeah you can."
And that's exactly how I found the girl of my dreams.

Max e Belle si conoscono al college, sono giovani e hanno degli obiettivi. Belle studia per diventare giornalista, Max gioca a football, sperando di poter giocare per una squadra importante un giorno. Solo che si conoscono al momento sbagliato. Perchè Max ha una storia con Demi, la stronza, e anche se non sente più nie
Paula
I don't know how Bella Jewel does it. I really have no idea.
But, just as her previous books, "Flawed Heart" is amazing.

It's full of angst, heart-break and misunderstandings. It's filled with hurt, disappointment, but also with forgiveness and love. "Flawed Heart" by Bella Jewel is a beautiful second chance romance with unusual characters and an original plot that will keep you glued to your Kindle.

Max and Belle used to be happy and deeply in love. Things were going really great until one nigh
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not as gripping as 'Til Death but very good and emotional nonetheless.

I read it in one sitting. The author knows how to write a good book and mixes all the ingredients just right.

I liked the "before" by Max and the "now" by Belle until 70% in the book when it got reversed. It gave an interesting plus to the story and helped to structure the book.
Leigh
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars

Flawed Heart was ok for me. While there were things I really enjoyed there was also things I didn't like. I loved reading the 'Then', I loved watching Max and Ana fall in love. I think my biggest complaint is that I didn't like how Ana took blame for her marriage failing. I think she made the best choice for herself and she tried to help him but he kept pushing her away. I didn't have an issue with Max having sex with others even though he was married because she did leave him for 5 yea
Natalie
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really just want Raide's story!
Bring on August.
Shari Kay
Sep 20, 2016 marked it as not-for-me
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
Even love can be numbed in the presence of pain...
Bella Jewel fans, I'm so excited to tell you that there are some Joker's Wrath MC characters in Flawed Heart. If you are familiar with that series, you are probably doing a fist-pump right now, huh? Actually, I haven't read any Bella Jewel books that I didn't love, she's a word wizard and she has cast a spell on me, I'm hers. Just ask my family. If they try to interrupt me when I'm reading one of her books, it's not pretty. They can get their own
  • Twisted Asphalt (Asphalt Outlaw #1)
  • One Hundred & Thirty-Six Scars (The Devil's Own, #1)
  • Time and Time Again (Maybe, #2.5)
  • Sunday Morning (Damaged #7.5)
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Urban Love Prophecy
  • Love Rekindled (Love Surfaced, #2)
  • Craving Trix (The Aces' Sons, #1)
  • I Don't Dance (Freebirds, #6)
  • Always Consumed (Consumed, #3.5)
  • The Bars That Hold Us
  • An Underestimated Christmas (Underestimated, #3)
  • Tainted (The VIP Room, #2)
  • Jagger (Caldwell Brothers, #3)
  • Tear Stained Beaches
  • Dirty Bastard (Grim Bastards MC, #1)
  • Misappropriate (Death Dwellers MC, #1.5)
  • Whiskey Lullaby (Love Songs, #1)
Heya!! My name is Bella, I'm a new aussie author and I am as crazy as they come. I'm playful, friendly and always up for a chat so stop on by x
More about Bella Jewel

House of Obsidian (2 books)
  • Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You never had to be scared of snuffing out the light in my eyes, because in case you didn’t know . . . you were the reason that light was there.” 6 likes
“To everyone who has lost love and been lucky enough to find it again. To second chances and the epic romances that sweep us off our feet.” 5 likes