Start by marking “Exposing the Heiress (Once a Marine, #3)” as Want to Read:
Exposing the Heiress (Once a Marine, #3)

Exposing the Heiress

(Once a Marine #3)

This Marine will protect her at all costs...

When wealthy heiress Alyssa Brooks finds out her stepfather has been paying her fiancé to marry her, she's humiliated and betrayed. She quickly breaks the engagement, only to be blackmailed by her now ex-fiancé, who threatens both Alyssa and the son she gave up for adoption. With nowhere to go, she turns to the one man she can trust.
ebook
Published August 4th 2015 by Entangled Publishing: Ignite

Jonetta
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Heiress Alyssa Brooks learns her fiancé, Nate, has ulterior motives in marrying her so she breaks the engagement. His reaction frightens her so badly that she runs to her childhood crush, Hunter Reece, for protection. He's a former Marine sniper, now an operative with Once a Marine Security.

This series has turned out to be one of my most pleasant reading surprises. Each book has featured women and men of substance who are making the best of troubling circumstances and this one is no different.
Claire Robinson
1.5 - "You've totally ruined boring sex for me." Stars.

If I was asked to sum this book up in one word -

Having enjoyed the previous two books in the Once A Marine series, and waiting over a year for this the third book, I was looking forward to reading Alyssa and Hunter's story.

The woman touched places in him best left alone.

Sadly, nothing really gelled for me with this couple. There was an overabundance of dirty talking but the action seemed to burn out very quickly, the same can be said for the drama, lots of little bits
Danielle
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Since this was my first time reading a book by Jennifer Apodaca I wasn't really sure what to expect. All I know was that blurb totally sucked me in and I knew I had to give it a go... And okay, in total honestly that cover might have had a little something to do with it too. That being said, while this was my first Jennifer Apodaca read, it definitely won't be my last.

So what's it all about? Alyssa is months away from marrying her fiancee, Nate, when she overhears a conversation betw
Big Joe  Rossi
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Movie heiress Alyssa Brooks learns that her fiancee and stepfather conspired to marry her off, take her company, and more. She is left humiliated, humbled and in danger and she knows that their is only one man she can trust enough to protect her and her secret, a son she gave up for adoption years ago.

Hunter Reece was a marine sniper. He was great at his job, would do it again, but he came home and home is where he brought the dark side of his job. The memories, the nightmares, the r
Anita
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Beef-cake Marine to the rescue. There is just something about a military hero romantic-suspense that just makes my heart go pitter-patter. I am always up for a good tale involving my favorite good guys and Exposing the Heiress is more that up to the task. As #3 in the Once a Marine series this book reads like a standalone. That gets extra points for me. This is a wonderful, sexy romance with a really good su
Isha Coleman
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was not sure about Exposing the Heiress. Ms. Apodaca is an author I had not had the pleasure of reading before. I was wary because I am not really a mystery reader. But I was proven wrong. There were so many angles and curve balls in this story that I forgot everything else for the day and sat down to read the book all the way through. Exposing the Heiress turned out to be a sexy thrill. I enjoyed it . Thank you Entangled and NetGalley for the ARC. Thank you Jennifer Apodaca for this wonderful s ...more
Sandy S
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 4, 2015

Former Marine sniper
itsmeesahara❤️
3 ⭐⭐⭐
Hunt and Alyssa

The story was okay, had more suspense than the previous 2 books in the series
Though there were a few boring times and the story too was a little unpredictable but at the end it was enjoyable to read ..

Hope to get Cooper Sims, Griff Rankin and Sienna Lorrey story 😊

Fave Quote:
You’re my lover. And right now, you are making me want more. Crave more - Hunt
Kelley
Novel received courtesy of Goodreads.com giveaway

I loved this book! I usually find these "romance" reads a nice diversion after reading something heavy but this novel grabbed my interest from the very first page. It was so much more than a "formula" story. It was deeply engaging with wrll developed characters. I will be looking forward to reading more in this series!
 Reading In Pajamas
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
image
Blog Tour, Review & Guest Post: Exposing the Heiress (A Once a Marine Novel) by Jennifer Apodaca http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-2Ry
***GO TO BLOG POST FOR GIVEAWAY***
Publication Date: August 4, 2015
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Cori
Rated: 5 Stars

REVIEW:
I know when I pick up a book written by Jennifer Apodaca (Jennifer Lyon) it's going to be good. Exposing the Heiress was great! The Once a Marine Series features a different former marine and a woman in need of protection in each book. Alyssa turns to her friend's brother Hunter for protection when she finds herself in danger. I loved Hun
 Reading In Pajamas
Rated: 5 Stars

REVIEW:
Eva Millien
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The only way to keep Alyssa Brooks safe is to become the one thing former Mairne sniper Hunter Reece knows she could never love…a killer in this thrilling romantic suspense.

Humiliated and betrayed, heiress Alyssa Brooks turn to the only man she knows can trust and the reader can’t help but get caught up in the story of a love that heals the most wounded of hearts. The attraction between Alyssa and Hunter is hot enough to make anyone sit up and take notice but both of them have emotio
Nicola
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
Having read and enjoyed the previous books in the Once A Marine series, I have to admit to having fairly high hopes for Exposing the Heiress; I'm quite partial to the best-friends older brother and second-chance love tropes and the storyline sounded promising.

Unfortunately, it wasn't to be.

"You know what I like?"
"Me. We've established that.

Hunt and Alyssa were a nice enough couple, and they did have some lovely moments together, but on the whole they were quite boring and their story failed to hold my in
Brittany
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this from Netgalley/ Entangled Publishing in exchange for a honest review. So what is a girl to do when she has been threatened? Well, find a hero of course and what is a good hero without some issues. This is a tale of two people that have to overcome some major obstacles to come together.
Darcy
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2015, romance
I never really warmed up to this one, not sure why. Nate was a nasty piece of work, was glad that he got what he deserved. The one highlight to this one was the video that Alyssa made about Hunt, to show him how a Marine was better than a prince.
Ofelia
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great. I really love this series and can't wait to read more books from Jennifer Apodaca.
Wendy
Jul 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is the 3rd book in the series.

You don't need to read the others in the series to read this one.

To know what the book is about read the blurb above.

The plot on this book is pretty good and very original. I can see it happening, but the heroine in the book reminds me of a Paris Hilton at the start of the book and then morphs into a normal jeans, tshirt and sneakers type of woman after first few chapters. That type of heroine I can identify with.

It was interesting to
Janet D. Murphy
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exposing the Heiress

Hunter and Alyssa knew each other all their lives. Hunter was older than Alyssa and his sister Erin. From the time Alyssa was old enough to remember Hunter she had a crush on him. However, he went to the marines and her life changed and they lost touch . Years later Alyssa has some trouble and runs to Hunter for protection. For Alyssa old feelings surface for Hunter but he is a changed man from war and Alyssa has her own insecurities. Hunter doesn't believe happily ever aft
Doreen Ewasiuk
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hunt and Alsshea (Lyssie)

What a wonderful story. The traumatic and painful areas that Hunt have to go though in order to heal from becoming a sniper. His healing came through is long time childhood friend Lassie, whom he was a bodyguard to, guarding her from an abusive ex boyfriend. In the end, he finds out how trust and love are the biggest healing of all.
Sheri (Tangled Up In Books)
Originally posted on my blog: Tangled Up In Books

I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review. In no way did this sway either my review or my rating!

Oh. My. Heart. I think there's a very real possibility that I lost it somewhere between the pages. Sigh. Exposing the Heiress was the perfect blend of suspense, scorching hot romance and heartfelt characters. I was on the edge of my seat from the moment I started it and didn't relax until the final word on/>I
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
The blurb for this book had everything I love in books - a Marine, an ex-fiancé with an ax to grind and the best friend of a sibling as a love interest and caught my eye.

Alyssa Brooks is weeks away from getting married when she stumbles on her stepfather and her fiancé discussing their future plans and the payments her stepfather has been making to her fiancé to marry her. When she confronts her fiancé and breaks the engagement, he resorts to blackmail and threats to coerce her to go
Mignon Mykel
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, series
4.5 / 5 stars

Received a copy of the title from published in exchange for an honest review.

This was likely the best cover, thus far, in the series. The other two covers are very much Entangled-style covers, so when this one came across, I was very... aesthetically happy ;) Granted, I haven't read the other books, but...

This series follows men who are working for Once a Marine, a security firm, if you will, that is comprised of Marines who are no longer active.
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Exposing the Heiress just proves the case that if it walks like an author and talks like an author.then it's an author. Written by Jenifer Apodaca AKA Jennifer Lyon, author of my very beloved Wing Slayer Hunters, it explodes from the pages from the very beginning.

Book three of her once a marine series it soars in it's very own way.

Alyssa Brooks was the beloved daughter of a Hollywood icon, as a teenager she was driving the car that skid from the road a
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

While Exposing the Heiress is the third novel in the Once A Marine series, it can be read as a stand alone novel in my opinion. So if you are the least bit hesitant to read this because you haven’t checked out the earlier novels, don’t worry – you can catch up later, but don’t miss this one in the meantime.

Hunter Reece left the military when he became too good at his job, when parts of his soul went missing and he made the decision to save himself. H
Viviana Izzo
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Though this is the third book in the "Once A Marine" series, it can be read as a standalone. Always a good thing in the event this one catches your eye first! However, you will not want to miss out on the previous installments as they are awesome!

There are several tropes in this one story.... the "girl having a crush on the friend's older brother" or the other way around "Hero has crush on little sister's BFF", "child given up for adoption", "ex blackmailing Heroine", and "the man se
Monica Cardoza
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can a Marine become a Prince?

The third installment in Once a Marine was a very sweet, nice read that left me wanting more. I loved these two characters and loved Hunter when he was first introduced. Alyssa and Hunter knew each other from their childhood but when he left to be a Marine they never saw each other again. That was until she needed protection from the man she was supposed to marry, a Marine that would keep her safe.

Alyssa knew what she wanted and she thought th
Mandy
This is the first book I've read by this author and frankly, it's the cover that got me.  Question is- did the cover live up to my expectations?  I'd have to say that yes, it did.  Alyssa and Hunt's history as childhood friends created a solid basis for a relationship between the two of them.  Unfortunately, Hunt simply does not feel worthy of Alyssa's love and affection.

Hunter is a former sniper and truly feels the weight of his actions.  While he feels no regret about what he did,
Penny
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying: nice cover. Real nice.

Exposing the Heiress was a very nice and unexpectedly hot read. It tells the story of Alyssa, daughter of a wealthy actress who passed away in an accident, leaving her the production company she had created.

Her stepfather always blamed her for the accident that killed her mother (she was driving) and has guilted her into being the face of the company when she didn’t really want to.

Unfortunately we soon find out tha
Gigi staub
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
This Marine will protect her at all costs...

Former Marine sniper Hunter Reece's lethal skills could save Alyssa's life. But his little sister
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ring of Lies (Alex Bartal - English Translation Order #1)
  • In the Deep Blue Sea (Jack and the Geniuses, #2)
  • Caged Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters #5)
  • Sweetest Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City, #3)
  • Lilac Lane (Stutter Creek, #2)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Blowback
  • Reagan's Redemption (The Bodyguards of L.A. County, #8)
  • Space Dictionary for Kids: The Everything Guide for Kids Who Love Space
  • Dark Spies (Spycatcher, #4)
  • And So It Was Written
  • Baggage Check (The Marriage Pact, #3)
  • Night Storm (Bones & Gemstones, #1)
  • The Golden Age of Charli- RSVP
  • Chayot (Secrets and Sins, #4)
  • The Waiting Game (American Gypsy, #2)
  • Triple Dare (The Art of Seduction, #3)
  • A Twist of Hate
Also writes paranormal romance under the pseudonym Jennifer Lyon.

I went back to college after my three sons, Matt, Gary and Paul, were born. Beginning with a vague idea of earning a marketing degree, I ended up pursuing a writing career with the full support of my husband, Dan.

First I tried to tame my naturally edgy voice into writing romance, but dead bodies and quirky humor turne

Once a Marine (3 books)
  • The Baby Bargain (Once a Marine, #1)
  • Her Temporary Hero (Once a Marine, #2)
“That’s why we’re not doing it again. That kind of lust gets out of control and you’ll end up scorched.” Lying to yourself now? It wasn’t just Lyssie that would get singed. There was something about this woman that was slipping beneath his skin and stirring the embers of a part of him he’d thought long dead. He shoved that away and firmed his voice. “I’m going to be your friend and protector.” 0 likes
“Alyssa couldn’t tear her gaze from him as the firelight played over the hard edges of him. Once he’d been the poster boy for clean-cut military, now he’d gone all tatted up sexy danger.” 0 likes