Start by marking “Willows vs. Wolverines” as Want to Read:
Willows vs. Wolverines

Willows vs. Wolverines

Izzy Cervantes and her best friend, Mackenzie, have spent summers together at Camp Sweetwater since they were eight. So when their parents decide to ship them off to Camp Foxtail instead, the girls find themselves completely out of their element — and worse yet, in different cabins!

Izzy feels like an outsider in Willow Lodge. But when she hears about the time-honored prank
Published April 11th 2017 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Willows vs. Wolverines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willows vs. Wolverines

Claire Legrand
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
JUST FINISHED THIS AND IT IS BEYOND EXCELLENT. MORE LATER I CAN'T HANDLE MY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW.
Gabriella Crivilare
What's more wild than the annual prank war between two cabins? It's the story first-time Foxtail camper Izzy Cervantes tells her cabinmates to convince her to lead the prank war--that her brother Tomas is a legendary Wolverine prankster. Soon she and her best friend Mackenzie--who is in a different cabin than her for the first time ever--are leading the charge. And everything is working out perfectly until Izzy starts to choose hanging out with popular Willows while still expecting Mackenzie to ...more
Stephanie Faris
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Willows vs. Wolverines, pranks are the name of the game. But Izzy's desire to fit in has her telling a bit of a fib about her brother. When her cabinmates won't take her prank suggestions seriously, she tells them that her brother is the king of pranks, having earned a reputation as a legend. The pranks were off-the-hook fun in this one, but there's also an underlying message about the cost of popularity and the importance of honoring real friendships.
Catherine
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books
This might actually be my favorite book of the week. No, the month. No, the year! Willows vs. Wolverines was extraordinary. If anyone's reading this review and wondering if they should go get this book, DO IT. It's beyond excellent. It literally came out two days ago, but I was browsing the bookstore and just had to buy this one—and yes, I was worried it would be another classic, cliché "girl realizes the importance of friendship at a spectacular summer camp," but it completely blew me away.

One:
Tanja Voosen
Das war eine unglaubliche süße Geschichte über zwei Freundinnen und ein cooles Sommercamp. Ich habe das Lesen sehr genossen und war begeistert, dass auch viele Themen wie Familie, Sorgen und Erwachsen werden mit in die Story geflossen sind. Die Streiche im Buch waren total witzig! Die Protagonistin Izzy ist jemand, den sicher viele Leser/innen mögen werden. Sie ist clever, aufgeweckt und hat Humor. Sie ist nicht ohne Fehler, aber die Autorin hat dafür gesorgt, dass jeder von Izzys Fehlern später ...more
Ally
Cherry perfectly captures that in between childhood and teenager feeling. She brought memories flooding back of how that felt. Also: prank wars, so this one's obviously hilarious.
Abigail
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-books
Well, I laughed a bunch, so that's always a plus. Super cute story and a mostly tidy ending - Izzy actually matures in her friendships a bit, in a difficult and real way.
Scott Hensley
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well done. Wonderfully written.

Ms. Yingling
Feb 26, 2017 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss

Izzy and Mackenzie usually go to Camp Sweetwater, but this year get sent to Camp Foxtail where they don't know anyone.. and they even get put in separate cabins! Izzy tries to make the best of being in the Willows cabin, and tries to think of the best pranks for the prank war against the boys' Wolverine cabin. This involves lying about an older brother, but she is soon accepted by the girls. She warms to her conselor, Val, and enjoys camp activities. Mackenzie is miserable al
Keira Marckel
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I took this book everywhere with me while I was reading it. I couldn't put it down. Not even to eat chocolate. And believe me, I LOVE chocolate. I suggest this book for people who like silly pranks and friendship. I love the way the author wrote this book. I LOVED it from the start.
Martina
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need more middle grade books in my summer!
Elise
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mans of MG summer camp stories
Willows vs. Wolverines is a solid MG summer camp story.

What I didn't like:
-The story seems a little long for its intended audience, and the pacing is a bit slow in parts
-There's a LOT of middle-school-age drama and overreactions
-Izzy is sometimes an obnoxious narrator, and she is kind of mean to her best friend Mackenzie without fully realizing it
-A lot of the pranks--and the sandwich-making part--are ridiculously over-the-top

What I liked:
-I'm not Latina, but the handling of Izzy's culture seems
Isabella
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was cute. I think it was a nice friendship story. From my experiences, I have found a love for camp. Pranking, not really my thing. But I think the book had a great outline and set up, and the storyline went somewhere, unlike other books that I’ve read. This book really reminds me of the book 11 before 12 (search it up if you haven’t read it). The book had a bit of comedy, tons of friendship, and a lot of fun. I definitely think that it was just a simple story, just something to read f ...more
Makenna
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love it! The prank war is so funny. I love how there are so many different twists! Like when all of the Wolverines and all of the Willows ganged up together.
Katie Fitzgerald
When I borrowed The Classy Crooks Club from the library several months ago, I was so pleasantly surprised by how good it was that when I learned of Willows vs. Wolverines I added it to my to-read shelf right away, expecting it to be similarly well-written. Unfortunately, while this book is a solid tween tale of summer camp pranks, it just wasn't quite as distinctive as The Classy Crooks Club, and I found my mind wandering as I was reading. I did like Izzy as a main character, and I could sympat ...more
miaf826
Sep 24, 2018
Joselyh
Feb 12, 2016
Mia Sabia
rated it did not like it
Oct 23, 2017
Jan 19, 2019
Phoebe
Oct 09, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shadow of a Pug (Howard Wallace, P.I., #2)
  • Far from Fair
  • Stars So Sweet (All Four Stars, #3)
  • How to Stage a Catastrophe
  • My Seventh-Grade Life in Tights
  • The Art of Getting Stared At
  • The Remarkable Journey of Charlie Price
  • Playing Atari with Saddam Hussein
  • Alice in Blunderland (Alice Prequels, #2)
  • Josh Baxter Levels Up
  • Taking Liberty: The Story of Oney Judge, George Washington's Runaway Slave
  • Brooke's Not-So-Perfect Plan (Confidentially Yours, #1)
  • You Throw Like a Girl
  • My Life as an Ice Cream Sandwich
  • Superheroes Don't Eat Veggie Burgers
  • Kaya: An American Girl : 1764
  • The Mandie Collection, Volume 2 (Mandie #6-10)
  • Talking Leaves
Alison grew up in Evanston, IL. She is a professional photographer and spent many years working as a lighting designer for theater, opera, and dance. Now she lives in Brooklyn and writes young adult novels full time. She is represented by the lovely and amazing Holly Root of Root Literary.