Start by marking “Breaking Up with Barrett (The English Brothers, #1; Blueberry Lane, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Up with Barrett (The English Brothers, #1; Blueberry Lane, #1)

Breaking Up with Barrett

(The English Brothers #1)

Librarian's Note: this is an alternate cover edition - ASIN: B00M0DQIEC

Breaking Up with Barrett is the first of six books about the Philadelphia-based, wildly-handsome English brothers who are all on the look-out for love.

(Except Alex. He's a womanizing manwhore. And maybe Stratton, because he's wicked hot, but super awkward around girls.)

Barrett English, aka "the Shark,"
Published May 15th 2015 by Katharine Gilliam Regnery (first published June 21st 2014)

Alp
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
“You asked if this was real… This is the most real thing in my life. You’re the most real thing in my life, Emily.”

Super sweet! I felt like I overdosed on sugar!

This was my second Katy Regnery’s book and it didn’t disappoint me. Her writing style is captivating and and it had me hooked within the first few pages. The plot was simple and predictable, yet it kept me glued to my seat and turning pages non-stop.

Was this a cheesy romance story? Yes.
Did I enjoy it? Of course I did!

I didn’t care if
Shurrn
A downright adorable Romance starring what might be your new Book Boyfriend...
He'd invited her to go stargazing.
Emily saw stars.
Katy Regnery never fails to provide the "warm fuzzies" in her books. You know, that tightness in your chest when a fictional character says the perfect thing at the perfect time and you just know that these two characters are meant for each other...

Yeah, it was like that...

The fact that this book was Dual-POV wound up being integral to my enjoyment. If it had been
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Charming Stars***

"Who are you?"
"Barrett English," he whispered.
"No. Barrett English is a shark."
"He's also a man."

This was a charming, low angst, feel good read.

Emily has been "working" as Barrett's "fiance" for a few months now. She's been in love with him for as long as she can remember. Spending evenings with him pretending to live the life and have the man that she wants is becoming harder and harder.

Barrett English is all about business. Finding a deal. Negotiating it. Closi
Katy Regnery
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I have never tried writing a love story that starts when the hero and heroine are children, but I absolutely loved writing Barrett and Emily's story. I love the thought that someone you've - literally - known your entire life could turn out to be the love of your life...after a few obstacles, of course. ;)
Denisa
This book was pretty "meh" but I did appreciate some things.

It was fast paced and the characters weren't awful, so that's a "yay". But what I really liked about it (the only reason it got a 3star rating not 2) is the fact that it doesn't really have a lot of drama. I admit, I expected a lot of "he did this" and "she did that", a lot of yelling and screaming, especially after the first few pages.
I know, I'm awful for expecting bad things from a book and being happy when they don't happen (and ev
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - First in the series
Writing : -Third person Dual POV (Barrett and Emily)
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Maybe
Rating - 3

★Review★

While I did enjoy this, there was something about it, that I cannot put my finger on that stopped me really liking or loving it.

It felt quite dated, even though it
Debbie DiFiore
I almost didn't finish it

I hated the whole Felicity thing and almost didn't finish it but I did read on. I was glad he hadn't slept with her since he reconnected with Emily. But I still hated that part. And when Felicity apologized to the h I was not impressed. Girls like that are liars. I know from personal experience. I wanted her to remain a biatch! I met a couple of old lovers of my husband, still have nightmares about them, and i hated them, and they were so different from me and I was just
Melody Cox
This was such a powerful love story. In this book you will meet the five gorgeous, wealthy, English Brothers. Book six features Kate, their cousin, as she joins their family business. In my opinion, this book's rating was a bit low...but apparantly that's just me. It really hit the spot!

In this book we have Barrett English and Emily Edwards. Emily's family has lived on the English Estate all her life. Her father is the grounds keeper and has been best friends with Tom English, the boys' father,
Naksed
A cold, ruthless billionaire contracts a relationship with a virginal college student who turns him on beyond control by biting her lip sensually. No, it's not FSOG but it might as well be for all the similarities. Add a sprinkle of Sabrina as h is the daughter of the gardener of H's family estate and has been in love with H and despairing of ever getting together due to their class differences and voila! DNF.
Jen
Sweet and spicy read!!! Really enjoyed it...review to come!
Syndi
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a standard short sweet story. The story is super simple. A rich man falls for his garderner's daughter. The character development is sufficient for short novella to make it work. Minimum angst. Minimum drama.

Enjoyable reading.
3 stars
Hollie
A sweet and simple romance - nice for light reading

photo sabrina_zpsvmcf56nc.jpg

I recently read "The Vixen and Vet" by this author and loved it, so I decided to see what other books she had published. I was excited to find this book offered on Amazon as a freebie! I love it when writers do that for the first book in a series so that you can get a feel for what the series will offer. So here is my breakdown for this book:

The pros:
* Like I mentioned earlier it was offered as a freebie - great bonus
* It was sweet - reminded me
Kate's Corner
So yesterday I gave a half arsed review on this book so I decided to write a proper review. My first book by this author was The Vixen and the Vet and I loved it so much.

Breaking up with Barrett is the first book in the English Brothers Series. I have a soft spot for the whole brother thing.
Emily Edwards has known the English family since she has been a baby. Barrett held her as a baby at the age of 8 and even then she took a piece of his heart. Emily has had a crush on Barrett since she has b
Jacqueline
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
You know that awkward moment in Breaking Dawn where Jacob imprints on the baby and even though it was absolutely not kiddy fiddling, it still felt a bit weird? Yeah, that...

No werewolves in this or anything, just a corporate shark (trying to take over a shipping business the old man owner was emotionally attached to...Pretty Woman anyone?)(view spoiler)
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

She did it again!

Super sweet love story, Katy delivered here another true love tale.
If you're in the mood for love, light yet emotional story, the barely there but right amount of angst, no unnecessary drama, mature characters...
You have it all here, even the steam!

I can't wait to read more about the English brothers! ;)

Falling for Fitz (The English Brothers, #2) by Katy Regnery will be released July 29th, 2014.
Obsidian
Jun 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
description
So for the most part I steer clear of the New Adult genre. There have been very few authors that I have read that I actually like that write in that genre. Some of them are Rachel Hollis, Rachel Schruig, and wait a second. Do I only like books written by authors named Rachel?

description
That's going to be an internal discussion for myself later.

Anyway, I as a general rule don't care for much New Adult fiction. I was hoping though based on the positive reviews I scouted out the reviews ( I tend to read the
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance

Holy crap this book is awesome!!!! This book was just what I needed. It has depth of character, a decent plot and the emotional intensity I love when reading romance. Its not all about the physical. That shows me a different side of the same coin. Layers people! Layers!

Characters:

Emily: she is emotionally mature but at the same time has intense feelings that she doesn’t know how to hide. The way the author wrote Emily was so perfect! She was level headed,
Kara
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
I loved the idea of this story
I didn't connect to the characters.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Kindle freebie 1/19/16
Maria Rose
This delightful start to a new series by Katy Regnery treats us to the story of Barrett, eldest of the five English Brothers and Emily, daughter of his family's help. They have known each other their whole lives and been friends for many years, but always kept a certain distance from each other due to their stations in life. Recently, Emily has been posing as Barrett's fiancée to make some much needed money for her living expenses and to help Barrett with his business deals requiring more person ...more
Debbie
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking up with Barrett is book one in a 5 part series about the English brothers and another 5 star read by Author Katy Regnery. It is a sweet, tender love story with enough heat to make it sizzle. Barrett and Emily basically grew up together, his family being the owner of the property, hers being the help. After years of watching each other, Barrett devises a plan to get to know Emily better and to be able to examine the feelings he has. Emily is a sweet unassuming young lady while Barrett is ...more
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (posting to blog 3/13/18)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ByTpH9

Awwww Barrett. Brilliant business man. Romantic blunder. lol

The Gist: When it comes to business Barrett's a bit too cut and dry and, maybe, a little bit of a shark when it comes to closing a deal. What he needs is a woman to help soften his edges when he's working those deals. So he asks the family gardener's daughter--who he's been secretly in love with for 24 years to play the part of his fake
Cherry Bob*omb
Aug 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope-nope-nope
Gross gross gross. Manipulative older billionaire who has been in love with innocent virgin SINCE HER BIRTH basically does nothing but groom her her entire life and manipulate her but she's not even mad because it's so romantic/ they're destined for each other for some reason that's certainly not shown on the page. Such stories can be sexy-wrong if the characters have some self-awareness, but at no point does any character in this think any of this is wrong and none of it is sexy or romantic in ...more
Tami Talbert
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breaking Up with Barrett is the first novel in Katy Regnery’s outstanding new series, The English Brothers. From the moment I sat down with my Kindle, I immediately fell in love with Emily and Barrett. The depth of their story of having grown up together with a familial connection despite being from “different social worlds” was absolutely charming.

Emily Edwards has known Barrett English her entire life having grown up in the gatehouse on the property of his parents’ home with her mother and fat
Ivy Deluca
Emily, the gardener’s daughter, has known Barrett “The Shark” English her entire life. She’s pretending to be his fake fiancee, accompanying him for business dinners, etc. Til one night, she decides to poke the shark, and gets much more than she bargains for. She breaks up with him, but he’s not letting her go so easily….

The Good
I couldn’t resist the description - it had a very Sabrina-esque vibe to it, if Sabrina had fallen for Linus from the beginning, instead of David. I was not disappointed.
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Dear Readers,
I wonder if you're getting sick of my Katy Regnery reviews yet? I think I could copy and paste the beginning of each one to the next because I always begin with telling you that this is my new favorite. I say it because I mean it, 100% percent do I mean it. So...Barrett English and Emily Edwards are my absolute favorite of Katy's characters so far!
Now that we have that out of the way...
I want to describe this as a friends to lovers book but that doesn't really cover it because Barre
DJ Sakata
My Rating: 4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Emily was overwhelmed by the dueling sensations of comfort and risk, which made her feel scared and safe, set adrift while firmly anchored. It made her breathless. It made her brave.

You were a tiny baby and I was little boy and reached into my chest and stole my heart, and it’s been yours ever since. You’re home and sweetness and truth and brilliance and you’re sexy and teasing and the most fun I ever had. And if you want to know what’s real, here’s the most element
Marti
I fell in love today with Barrett English. He is the delightfully sexy businessman who so needed Emily. Emily is the gardener’s daughter (Think Sabrina)who is in love with him. Thankfully she is also more savvy about relationships than he is, since he could, would and shouldn’t.... oops – no spoilers

Katy Regerny, the author of Breaking Up with Barrett has written a wonderful story that I just could not walk away from today. It is truly sigh worthy. I so wish I could keep Barrett as mine, althoug
Carmen Rae
I dont know why I waited so long to read this. Actually thats a lie, I held off on this for a few reasons. One being that everything I have read from Katy has made me ugly cry in the worst way and Two I really am over billionaires and Three the blurb didn't grab me. But as I was desperate for something to read yesterday I saw this on my kindle and thought what the hell.

And i loved it. It reminded me of the old mills and boons I used to pretend I didn't read. It was sweet and perfect.

Check out my
Jessica
Tldr: great characters, good writing, but the romantic development mostly happened off screen and didn't really jump off the series. If it were any other author I'd read the next one if handed to me but I wouldn't want to buy it. Since I do love this author I'll give the second one a shot once I finish reading all the ebooks I currently own
One thing I always have to commend Katy on is her characters. Whether I love or hate them or somewhere in between she writes some of the richest characters I'

• The Big, Bad Billionaire (Billionaire Fairy Tales #4)
  • Catch Him If You Can
  • A Leap of Faith (Lexi, #2)
  • Finder Fees (TroubleMaker, #4)
  • Blushing (The Brightside, #2)
  • Lucky Kiss (Hope Falls #12; Kiss #2)
  • His to Keep (Beauty and the Brit, #3)
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • The Perfect Fit (Riley O'Brien & Co., #4)
  • The Russian's Acquisition
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Alexanders: Volume 1 (The Alexanders, #0.5, 1, 2)
  • His Secret Desire (His Secret Desire, #1-5)
  • How to Marry a Matador
  • Lights. Camera. Marriage! (Sudden Falls #5)
  • The Honeymoon Trap (Jackson Brothers, #1; The Honeymoon Series, #4)
  • The Wedding Hazard (Colorado Billionaires, #2)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katy Regnery started her writing career by enrolling in a short story class in January 2012. One year later, she signed her first contract and Katy’s first novel was published in September 2013.

Now exclusively self-published, Katy claims authorship of the multi-titled Blueberry Lane Series, which follows the English, Winslow, Rousseau, Story, and Amb

The English Brothers (6 books)
  • Falling for Fitz (The English Brothers, #2; Blueberry Lane, #2)
  • Anyone but Alex (The English Brothers, #3; Blueberry Lane, #3)
  • Seduced by Stratton (The English Brothers, #4; Blueberry Lane, #4)
  • Wild About Weston (The English Brothers, #5; Blueberry Lane, #5)
  • Kiss Me Kate (The English Brothers, #6, Blueberry Lane, #6)
“And when you love someone, you find out what they need, and you take pleasure in offering it to them the best you can…” 2 likes
“Emily saw it in his eyes, the intense way he watched her without fighting what was happening between them. He loved her. She was sure of it.” 1 likes