Start by marking “Winter Wonderland (Minnesota Christmas, #3)” as Want to Read:
Winter Wonderland (Minnesota Christmas, #3)

Winter Wonderland

(Minnesota Christmas #3)

Finding Mr. Right can be a snow lot of fun.

Paul Jansen was the only one of his friends who wanted a relationship. Naturally, he’s the last single man standing. No gay man within a fifty-mile radius wants more than casual sex.

No one, that is, except too-young, too-twinky Kyle Parks, who sends him suggestive texts and leaves X-rated snow sculptures on his front porch.

Kyle is

Published November 10th 2015 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Winter Wonderland, please sign up.
Ellie He was featured in "Let It Snow" in at least one of the scenes taking place in Marcus's mum's retirement home, but he had very little screentime.

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This is my favorite book of the series, and it's not just because Paul and Kyle are so damn right together.

It's because this book offers the ultimate HEA: three bears, all happy and settled; family, friendship, love, sex on the kitchen table, Christmas ... all that and penis snow sculptures too.

Snow sculptures are Kyle's thing. He makes them for his twin sister, who has Down syndrome. Kyle is 25, but everyone sees him as a child, including Paul, who's tried every man in Logan, and several surr
✦❋Arianna✦❋
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!

description

“Winter Wonderland” in the third book in Heidi Cullinan’s “Minnesota Christmas” series and like the previous book in the series it can be read as a standalone. That being said, I highly recommend you to read the first two since you don’t want to miss two well executed Christmas gems. This was my first Christmas novel this year and even if is still November and Christmas is not even around the corner, I really felt the magical Christmas atmosphere reading this sweet tale.

“Winter Wonderla
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

I hate when a lot of time goes by between when I read a book and when I write my review, but sometimes life gets in the way. But this book... it deserves an awesome review, because ICE PENISES! Toppy twinks! I just adored this Heidi Cullinan story. It was everything I've come to expect from this series, which will always hold a place the squishy, mushy, kinky part of my heart.

Kyle was so fabulous. I love it when I get a twist in roles, and a skinny boy who can dominate a big guy... yo
Vivian
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fr, ng, romance-contemp
Dreams do come true.

Even if you think it will never happen, even if you've given up all hope, even if you don't think you deserve it.

It can still happen.
Let's play in the snow.

Paul, diehard romantic, waiting for his Prince Charming. Oddly enough, he's got one hitting him up on Grindr. But, can you really trust a handle? All of his friends in Logan managed to pair bond and Paul is both happy and sad. If only...

When a rash of unexpected gifts/pranks, really could be either has got him riled up an
Ingie
Written December 16, 2015

3.3 Stars - A truly very sweet cozy Christmas candy

Book #3
~ I really liked #1-Let it Snow (4 stars) then two years ago. This new Winter Wonderland, a full length novel (200 pages) and praised by many friends, was surprisingly for "sale" a couple of weeks ago. — Thanks, to sweet Lei who told me. Of course I downloaded.

Light-hearted, romantic, charming, easy to read, entertaining, filthy hot, cute, snowy, homely, familiar... — Yes, uber super cosiness. — I enjoyed.

*****
.Lili.

After eagerly anticipating this book all year I was sad that I liked but didn't love it. I fell in love with Paul in the previous two books and was excited that he would finally get his HEA.

Negatives first.

What I didn't love so much:

*Paul. He was kind of "blah". I just wanted to shake him and scream at him to snap out of it. He was kind of frustrating.
*The sh*t storm Paul's family pulled and the lack of resolution- at least to me. (view spoiler)
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

Oh Paul! He was such a romantic at heart! He wanted it all...the Christmas fairytale and the happily ever after. And thankfully, Santa sent him a bossy, toppy twink to make all his Christmas wishes come true.

Kyle may be younger than Paul, but he knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to go after it. But poor Paul, he's afraid to even hope that Kyle may be everything he's looking for. At first he rejects Kyle, coming up with all kinds of reasons why they shouldn't be together...
Elspeth
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
This one was just a miss for me. I really didn't see the romance as anything more than a crush or puppy love. Also the relationship felt rushed which is really weird to say because in the first book I think Frankie and Marcus had maybe three days to fuck, fight, and fall in love.

Maybe it's the age gap which isn't my thing, or how much of a door mat Paul is in this. Make that a childish door mat...his expression of displeasure in his family in the end didn't endear me to his case by any means. T
Ele
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
It pains me. It pains me that I didn't just love this one. Paul has been waiting patiently for his HEA all this time and so have I. And really, up until 50% of the book I was wondering why all these mixed reviews. Then, I got it.

First of all, let me say that I absoluely LOVED parts of it.

*Kyle. Kyle was absolutely fantastic! A breath of fresh air. Hard working, determined and bold but selfless and giving.
*The dynamics of their relationship. It worked so well for me, that the roles were flipped.
Susan
Nov 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, christmas

Can be read as a stand-alone.

Paul is the only one left of the 3 friends who hasn’t found Mr. Right yet. When he finds snow penises on his lawn, he doesn’t know what to think of it.

It turns out to be Kyle, who is trying to get Paul’s attention. Kyle is 25 and therefore a lot younger than 38 year old Paul. And because Kyle is skinny and swishy, Paul assumes they won’t be a good fit. Because what Paul wants is someone to dominate him in the bedroom. But Kyle is not what he seems..

I really
Elsbeth

(5th Xmas read 2015 with Paul)

I liked this one the best!! No people were more perfect for each other than Kyle and Paul.

Kyle was adorable. All his life he’s been treated as a child and Paul is also afraid to get involved with a 25 year old. But Kyle is no ordinary 25 year old. His whole teenage years he’d been crushing on Paul and when Paul and Arthur break up, Kyle sees this as his chance to make sure Paul is his.

Kyle

He makes his intentions clear by leaving certain snow sculptures on his fron
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Collectively, I’d say this was my favorite of the bunch by a smidge. If you want to know the truth, Arthur’s nephew Thomas from book 2, is still the standout character of the series. Love that kid so hard!!

Anyhoo, Kyle just wants to be taken seriously and treated like a grown up. He’s had his sights on Paul for forever, but it feels like an insurmountable feat to win his affections, let alone catch his eye. However, with the help of Arthur’s well intentioned mom, he just might be able t
Marte - Thunderella

*** 3 boring stars ***

I'm sad. I so wanted to love this book. I've been waiting for Paul to get his HEA with a great boyfriend, which he got, don't get me wrong, but it was all just... boring.

And it upsets me, because I wanted it to be so much better. I liked it, though, hence 3 stars. It was sweet seeing Kyle and Paul finding each other and I'm very happy for them, but there was no fire, no passion, no funny situations, no nothing. Just... boring. *sniffles*

Jilrene ♥
ETA: link to my review Gay.Guy.Reading and Friends

I'm writing a review for Gay.Guy.Reading and Friends. I'll add a link when it's available.

5 erotic snow sculptures

I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)

Among the many authors in the M/M genre, both seasoned and new, Heidi Cullinan stands out for the sheer quality of her prose, the deep understanding of her characters and the subtle sense of humor that permeates her every page. All these defining characteristics were present in Cullinan’s earliest work, but as she matures, they become more pronounced and each of her books brings forth a new surprise.

I must confess that I adored the previous two books in this series. For me, they’re a sure sign
Debra
Paul finally gets his HEA in this story and I found Kyle to be a perfect partner for him. I enjoyed everything about this story except for the ending, which felt rushed and left me feeling like the story was unfinished.

Kyle is the "kid" that has crushed on Paul since he was in middle school, biding his time until Paul finally threw over Arthur. He comes from a close-knit family and dotes on his twin sister Linda Kay who was born with Downs Syndrome. His family is wonderful and supportive. We lea
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 3.5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

It was a tad bit on the boring side. But was still overall good. I loved Kyle and his snow penises.
Jewel
Winter Wonderland is the third book (and my favorite) of the Minnesota Christmas series. What's not to love? We get a toppy twink who needs to take charge and a teddy bear who needs to let go - not just of the normal stresses of life, but especially of a poisonous family. And penis snow sculptures, no way will I ever forget those.

I absolutely LOVE the toppy twink/submissive bear dynamic (there is no BDSM here, though, it's just the best analogy I could think of). We see the opposite all the time
Renée
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
3.5 stars.

I was very excited to read about Paul and Kyle. This book had me at toppy twink. Color me intrigued. When my most recent Cullinan read was Carry the Ocean, I had pretty high hopes. And Cullinan can write, there is no doubt about that. But this one didn't quite live up to that standard.

As I said, the writing was amazing, as usual. But it was the characters that made me not enjoy this story as much as I wish I could have. Kyle had a weak start, but came through in the end. He is 25 and h
Tess
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Yet another charming and very wintery tale from small-town Logan, Minnesota. In this one, the third bear, Paul, finds his very unexpected love with the much younger (and very toppy) twink, Kyle. Oh, and I just adored Kyle. Who wouldn't fall in love with him?! This was heartwarming and sexy and so feel good. It's a perfect book when you're trying to keep warm in front of the fire on a cold winter's night.
Adam

I've been reading holiday books since late September. Honestly, I'm a bit ashamed, because I'm one of those people who complains very loudly when holiday music pops up on the radio right after Halloween. I know, I'm a hypocrite.

But it's November now, and there's some nonsense about Starbucks cups, so I'm going to assume that the holiday season has officially begun.

Small-town Christmas romance? Yes please!
description

I've wanted to read Paul's story ever since I read Sleigh Ride last year. As much
Kaje Harper
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comfort-reread, m-m, light
This was a good addition to the series, and I was pleased to see Paul find his happy ending. Kyle was wonderful as the toppy twink trying to move out from under the general perception of him as a "good kid", rather than a grown man. If his patience felt a bit super-human, it didn't make me love him less. The secondary characters filled in the richness of the story a lot. I liked that Kyle's sister, Linda Kaye, was generally a sweet and cheerful person with Down Syndrome, and yet her limitations ...more
Meags
3.5 Stars

This is another pleasant Christmas romp by Cullinan. I enjoyed this more than the first book in the Minnesota Christmas series, but not quite as much as the second book (which, for me, packed a real emotional punch with its secondary plot-line).

I enjoyed the small-town themes in this book (both the good and the bad), and the fact that all three bears (Marcus, Arthur and Paul) are now happily paired off and madly in love.

I liked Paul well enough, but it was Kyle that stole the show her
Karen
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-mm
Book #2 is still my favorite...

I actually finished this one a few days ago, but I think I've been in a bit of a Christmas slump and just haven't had the motivation to get around to the review...but I really did enjoy this one.

I liked Paul and Kyle together they were really sweet. I liked the fact that Kyle wasn't intimidated by their age difference and that in spite of his occasional insecurities he still went after what he wanted, which was Paul. While Paul may have resisted initially and to
Bitchie
Totally adorable, perfect holiday read, and a great ending(?) to this series, if that's what it is. Kyle was adorably toppy, which was such a treat, and Paul was so wonderful in his insecurities and his needs. I love this tiny little town in Minnesota and really hope that I get to visit it again next year!
Ann
I love this series and like just about everyone else, I couldn't wait for Paul's story. It was going to take someone incredibly special to give Paul his HEA and the author couldn't have put together a better partner for him than Kyle.

I wanted to hug Paul forever and always. I wanted to have Kyle in my life just to make it brighter. Paul broke my heart, but I was also so proud and happy for him for not letting his upbringing ruin his future.

There were two scenes that cemented these two for me. A
Denise H.
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** This is an amazing Christmas romance !! We get deeply emotional characters, with a heartwarming tale and super hot sexiness. Wow ! Paul has a mystery. Who is leaving snow sculptures of penises on his doorstep? Kyle, who has wanted Paul for a long time has figured out how to get his attention. Sweet, tall, femme Kyle, wants hunky, hairy bear Paul, and not just for a quickie, but forever. The guys are working on the Winter Festival and getting to know each other, but Paul is worried. He's had ...more
Justin Nova
May 14, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 round down because I LOVED Kyle, Paul was just..ugh. I kind of wanted Kyle to go find someone else who'd appreciate him and his toppy twink self more than Paul seemed to.
  • Merry Gentlemen
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • Feathers From the Sky
  • Magic & Mistletoe
  • Bowl Full of Cherries (Avona Tales, #1)
  • Christmas Delights
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Holidays with the Bellskis, #1)
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales, #1)
  • Wish Come True
Heidi Cullinan has always enjoyed a good love story, provided it has a happy ending. Proud to be from the first Midwestern state with full marriage equality, Heidi is a vocal advocate for LGBT rights. She writes positive-outcome romances for LGBT characters struggling against insurmountable odds because she believes there’s no such thing as too much happy ever after. When Heidi isn't writing, she ...more

Minnesota Christmas (4 books)
  • Let It Snow (Minnesota Christmas, #1)
  • Sleigh Ride (Minnesota Christmas, #2)
  • Santa Baby (Minnesota Christmas #4)
“You thought I was so toppy I wouldn't bottom?" He laughed and bit the place he'd been kissing. "Honey, I can drive from anywhere.” 3 likes
“mesmerizing them with his secret librarian powers.” 2 likes