Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Compendium 3” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Compendium 3

The Walking Dead, Compendium 3

(The Walking Dead Compendium Edition #3)

How many hours are in a day when you don't spend half of them watching television?
When is the last time any of us REALLY worked to get something that we wanted? How long has it been since any of us really needed something that we wanted?

The world we knew is gone.

The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility.

An
Published October 13th 2015 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Compendium 3, please sign up.
Michelle Schultze Assuming they don't end the story anytime soon, there is probably going to be a 4th compendium within the next year or two. They are on issue 161 at…moreAssuming they don't end the story anytime soon, there is probably going to be a 4th compendium within the next year or two. They are on issue 161 at the moment, so that's 17 out of the 48 issues needed to fill another compendium bind-up, or 31 more issues left. Hope this helped :)(less)

Start your review of The Walking Dead, Compendium 3
Yodamom
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-jackson
Holy Moses what a ride ! Two favorites die, new characters change the game, the action never stops, the illustrations were fabulously disgusting where they should be, and the drama was .just right. Beware the whisperers ! Need more, NEED
Char
Damn those Whisperers!
JoAnna
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THAT ENDING!!! That bitch...... Ugh..... I don't want to spoil anything so I wont.

TWD is my favorite!!! I love the show, I love the comics.... and I'm dying for more!
Licha
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, graphic-novel
This one packed a punch with the introduction of new villains and new groups. The group is trying to get back some normalcy and build a stronger community. I don't know how much I can say other than to say this series still has me as excited as ever. This compendium covers issues 97-144 and I can say that 144 issues in and I still cheer for Rick and his group, I still mourn the death of characters, and I'm still excited to continue reading this and wanting to know what will happen next. I'm like ...more
RJ from the LBC
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Over the last few months, I binge-watched the entire run of the TWD TV show, even had to buy some episodes on iTunes so I could finish Season 6 before its likely August release on Blu-Ray. Then I bought and read all the compendiums of the comic book series. I remember how happy I was to read the best stuff from the show, like the prison episodes, the Governor, etc. But all of that is just a prologue to this Compendium. In fact, when I look back at my favorite TWD stories, they are pretty much ...more
Viridian5
These problems might not apply to the story when read on a month by month basis, but when it's collected in this huge edition the story is very repetitive: Rick and his people gain some peace, progress, and confidence before yet another group of violent, screwed up individuals go on a murderous rampage to destroy it. Rinse, lather, repeat. Also, while Negan is fun in short bursts, month by month, collected like this there is way too much Negan and he seems gimmicky.

Unlike the ensemble feel of
Christine
Another good, if massive section. Kirkman isn't frightened to make hard choices, even if the story does seem to be largely male driven. I'm not sure, for instance, if WD would pass the Bechel test. The developments regarding Maggie do make up for much of this, and the shading of Michonne's character is wonderful. I do wonder if I am the only one who wants to smack Carl.
Jeremy
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forgot how amazing this series is! Now I'm at a bit of an impasse. Do I buy individual issues, or do I wait until the next compendium?
Alejandro
The Waking Dead is back once again in this third compendium!

This is the third volume of “Compendium Edition” of The Walking Dead, collecting the comic book issues from #97 to #144.

My general rating is an average result of the sum of the ratings of each chapter in the collected edition.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Seventeen

SOMETHING TO FEAR

Rating: ***** ( 5 stars )

I’m just getting started. Lucille is
Rituraj Kashyap
The optimistic note at which the previous volume ends does not last very long. Enter Negan and his Saviours, a gang of bullies which deals a lot of damage to Rick Grimes and his allies. Negan seems to be a character straight out of a Garth Ennis story.
This volume shows again how people become complacent and petty during times of peace, and makes the reader wonder whether the new world that Rick envisions for his people is even achievable.
A truly formidable enemy is introduced towards the end,
Ashley Adams
Good grief! I can finally chuck this giant compendium from Mt. TBR! The graphic art is fun, but the story feels like doomsday propaganda drivel. I'm done!
Sue Moro
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Unbelievable cliff hanger!!!!! Bring on the next Compendium!
Rick Urban
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
It's hard to muster the energy to discuss this compendium, a collection of comics whose continued existence is probably due to the perpetual money machine that is the comic and tv show, not to mention the spin-off series, Fear the Walking Dead (though Robert Kirkman seems to think his world is so fascinating that it can be spun out indefinitely). While I found myself plowing through the book, I'm not sure it wasn't just to hurry up and relieve the strain put on my wrists by having to balance ...more
Marc
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought maybe I had lost interest in this series when I first cracked this half-cinderblock of a book open, but nope--within about 3 pages I was hooked. A lot of The Walking Dead relies on not knowing what's coming next, so all I can tell you without ruining it was I totally did not expect Michonne to get together with _______, who knew Maggie had the potential for __________, and that discovery toward the end of the people who __________ has me waiting for the next giant collected volume.

In
Aiden B.
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this is a great book and once you get reading it you begin to fly through the book. It is a lot different from the show so if you are a big fan of the walking dead than this is a really good book for you to read. Most of these books are just talking between rick and some other people he meets up with but it is also filled with excitement here and there.
Koen
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, what's left to say about this huh.... It's TWD!! :)

Seriously, they just keep kicking ass...
Great story developing, great new characters, great OLD characters.. what's there NOT to like!

Can't wait for the next one ;)
Nancy
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Here we go again. Some new villains come into play, and Rick and his crew continue to fight the living and the dead! Warning- some spoilers.

Compendium 3: https://graphicnovelty2.com/2016/11/0...
Robert
Rick continues to oscillate wildly between unhinged psycho-killer and alleged Greatest Leader the World has Ever Seen. Negan turns out to just be The Governor dialled up to 11. Far more interesting is the latter parts where we focus more on Carl and we get new antagonists, the Whisperers. They are an intriguing psychological response to the Zombie Apocalypse, which seems to have been going on for a while now.
RG
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I drop everything to read these omnibuses not because I'm obsessed with WD but because it takes alot out of you, alot of concentration and time is needed. WD is always very good in waves. At times it slows down and similar trends appear. Then sudden spikes in the plot occur and cliffhangers leave you wanting more. I know volumes after this have been released but due to me reading WD in this format I'll just be waiting a little longer for the next chunky omnibus volume.
Kandice
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Really, just wow. Robert Kirkman is so soft spoken and calm in person and then you read this stuff and you think "Is that just an act?"
Each of these compendium holds a lot of issues and I don't want to get spoiler-y, but I have to weigh in on the "bad guys" here. Negan is bad, I will admit that, but he is also funny in a "makes me feel guilty for laughing" way and I have never read a more inventive speaker, but the guy says a thing and means it. He isn't a welsher and if you do what he
Danni The Girl
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stephen Arvidson
description

The horrific story of survival in the zombie apocalypse continues with loads of bloodshed and the premise of a hopeless future. The undead continue to roam this ravaged world, and the few remaining survivors represent a greater threat to mankind than the zombies themselves. This latest chapter in The Walking Dead saga continues its exploration of how desperate people respond to desperate situations; it's hard-hitting and no one is safe.

Like the two preceding compendiums, Robert Kirkman's The
Dan
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've never really thought of reading as exercise before but this collection is so enormous, even bigger than the first two, that I think I burnt quite a few calories whenever I picked it up.

At the start of this compendium Rick Grimes is in charge of Alexandria and is doing his best to rebuild civilisation. But then Negan and the Saviours turn up and this leads to a tonne of trouble.

The story is not really that too dissimilar to the Governor storyline but it's bigger and better. It starts with
Vichy
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thrilling and unmerciful! The story proceeds furthermore. The triangle Alexandria/Saviors/Hilltop becomes a square if you add The Kingdom. A new threat appear: the Whisperers! And if you think things can't be any worse in the "after-Negan-period", you have illusions!!

(view spoiler)
Nate
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
As the book went on, I was increasingly bored with the whole story and began to focus on things that started to annoy, like how lousy some of the dialogue is, the overly soap opera-ish plot lines, the "sameness" with which the characters' faces are drawn, appearing to yell even spoken parts, and lastly...and this minor irrational annoyance that once I noticed it, I couldn't not notice...the way they draw baseball hat visors. They can draw decaying cityscapes, zombies, etc. and can't draw a ...more
Jim
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
The nice people at Nashua Public Library have added this to their collection. Borrowed again from the library . reading this about 100 pages at a time then returning. Holding me over till new season starts...... Now finished. nice read while we wait for the show
some clues re Negan and beyond.
Peyton Reads
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE COMPENDIUM OF THE WALKING DEAD! FANTASTIC!
Denise Tompkins

• Saga: Book Three
  • The Walking Dead: The Alien
  • Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition 2
  • Compendium. The walking dead: 2
  • Y: The Last Man - The Deluxe Edition Book Four (Y: The Last Man, #7-8)
  • Berserk Deluxe Volume 3
  • Saga: Book Two
  • Sin City, Vol. 6: Booze, Broads, and Bullets (Sin City, #6)
  • Turma da Mônica: Laços
  • Berserk Deluxe Volume 2
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 2: Cycles (Y: The Last Man, #2)
  • Urshurak
  • Sin City, Vol. 5: Family Values (Sin City, #5)
  • Harrow County: Library Edition Volume 1

The Walking Dead Compendium Edition (4 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Compendium 1