Start by marking “The Undying: Shades (The Undying, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Undying: Shades (The Undying, #2)

The Undying: Shades

(The Undying: #2)

The Undying “screams for a sequel” (Publishers Weekly)—and Ethan Reid delivers, in this riveting follow-up to “a thriller that brings a genuinely fresh take to a monstrous mythology” (Andrew Pyper, #1 bestselling author of The Demonologist).

THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS IN HIS HANDS.

The Undying: SHADES finds American student Jeanie and her young charge, Ren, fifteen years after
Paperback, Limited Giveaway Edition, 309 pages
Published May 12th 2015 by Simon & Schuster/Simon 451

To ask other readers questions about The Undying, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undying

Timothy Ward
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The Undying: Shades is a strong improvement from book one in an already good option for fans of post apocalyptic horror. The character focus engaged more and strengths in the first book showed maturity and fine tuning. The series still lacks a little in so far as it isn't among the best post-apocalyptic horror I've read, but Ethan Reid's trajectory of improvement from book one to two could put him in that company, if not in the final book of the Undying trilogy, then in books soon after. He did ...more
Devyn
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book from Goodreads.
For most of this book I had trouble getting into it because of the language barrier. There is a lot of Spanish in this book, mostly in the spoken conversations. Some of it was easy to guess and obvious, but some of it...not so much. Reading this book was sooo slow going and I eventually gave up looking up the words online.
It really frustrated me! I had to accept the fact that whatever was being spoken to between characters would be mostly unknown.
Although T
Margot
The second book in the post-apocalyptic Undying series jumps forward in time to Ren's adolescence. He was born on the first day of the end of the world. Now he has grown up in a world without civilization or safety. Pursued by people who have died but not died--the moribund--returning as beasts whose only desire is to kill and consume those who still hang onto life. Ren is tired of sitting behind barricades, his community destined to slowly starve to death as food stores near their settlement dw ...more
Amy
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a good continuation of a unique apocalyptic tale. Set in Spain Ren and his mother have found a home in a small town called Romba. He is now 14 years old and has the ability to shut off all emotion and become invisible to the undead. This has been his and his mothers secret all of their lives until an attack on the town reveals this gift to the townsfolk and a visiting group of warriors set on freeing the cities one by one of the shadows that feed the undead. He ends up having to flee with t ...more
Ann
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is book two in the series and I recommend you read book one first to understand why the world is this way. Jeanie and Ren have survived the undead by traveling throughout Europe, staying ahead of the dead. Humans are scarce. Well written with violence and a good catch for book three. For fans of Justin Cronin.
Teresa Lavender
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Won this hear on goodreads. I only wish that I had read book 1 first, but Ethan Reid is such a talented author that I didn't feel I had missed anything. I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead, but this is like The Walking Dead on steroids. I cannot wait to read book 3.
NormaCenva
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
A lot better then the first book bus still not good enough for a 5-starer for me. Great to see some much needed character development, some great plot twists and interesting mystery-like secondary info that propels the book story ahead.
Alisha-Dear Constant Reader
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Undying Shades is a strong second novel. I'm really excited for book three, and I say that as a reader who has really cut down on series reading. Reid keeps things going with changes in the undying and a brief look at the creature in Rio that rules them all.
Reba A Walker Walker
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Well written and holds my interest. This book is one of the best I have read in quite a while. I received this book free but would have been happy to pay for it.
Bonnie
Jun 11, 2015
Alisha Cunningham
Aug 19, 2016
Dede Montgomery
rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2016
Aug 26, 2016
Oct 12, 2016
Dennis
Aug 30, 2015
  • Scavenger: Evolution (Sand Divers, #1)
  • Apocalypse Weird: The Dark Knight
  • Slices
  • The Ruins of Noe (Faerie Tales from the White Forest, #2)
  • Melt Down (Breakers, #2)
  • The Beam: The Complete First Season
  • Day One
  • The Undead Situation (Undead, #1)
  • Non-Electric Boogaloo (Pennsylvania #2)
  • The Silence
  • Those Poor, Poor Bastards (Dead West, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Montessa and Nuclear Lulu: A Tale of Atomic Love
  • Sweet Song
  • The Amazing Adventures of Working Girl: Real-Life Career Advice You Can Actually Use
  • The Silent End
  • Warrior
  • The Inscription
  • Blue Skin of the Sea
Ethan Reid received his BA in English with Writing Emphasis from the University of Washington and his MFA from the University of Southern California’s MPW Program, where he studied under author S.L. Stebel, Oscar-nominated screenwriter Sy Gomberg, and Oscar-winning screenwriter Frank Tarloff.

Ethan is a member of the Horror Writers Association, the International Thriller Writers and the Pacific Nor

The Undying: (2 books)
  • The Undying (The Undying, #1)