Start by marking “Undercover Lovers (Bodyguards Inc. #4)” as Want to Read:
Undercover Lovers (Bodyguards Inc. #4)

Undercover Lovers

(Bodyguards Inc. #4)

Even if Ross and Kyle make it out of this alive, will the secrets in Kyle's heart stay safe?

Kyle gets caught up in a case that is entirely unrelated to Bodyguards Inc. Not only does he abruptly need time off, but he has to have absolute trust and complete support from Ross without being able to tell Ross a thing.

CIA Agent Stefan Mortimer needs Kyle's help with a case of
Published July 31st 2015 by Love Lane Books Limited (first published July 29th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Undercover Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undercover Lovers

Cadiva
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one yet! This book was so unashamedly British and I loved every bit of it, especially as it ventured into the realms of my own beloved Yorkshire.

The first three books have been building up the tensions between BI boss Kyle and his office manager Ross and in Undercover Lovers all is finally brought in to the light.

Unlike the others, in this there's no target for the bodyguard to fall in love with, it's just Kyle and Ross realising they've both been falling for the other since the first day t
Amanda
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it

Kyle and Ross are the two characters that I wanted to read since I first meet them in Book 1. Kyle is the boss and Ross is the smartass PA who is obsessed with his stapler. They have been dancing around each other since forever and it pretty obvious to everyone that they have the hots for each other except themselves. Sometimes I wonder how can people be so dense and delusion.

Kyle thinks he is too old for Ross because Ross like to tease him about his age. Ross think his boss is out of h
Trisha Harrington
I love this series, which isn't a surprise since I almost always love RJs books. This series is a bit like her Sanctuary series for me. I love the books, am always excited for more, and find it hard to choose a favorite couple.

Ross and Kyle are the guys I've been waiting for. This was definitely worth the wait. The two of them work so well together.

Recommended if you're a fan of the series.
Nic
Jul 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, series
When this story dropped onto my Kindle, I did a little happy dance - it was about time I had a nice dose of RJ Scott. :)

This story didn't let me down. I loved the characters, particularly seeing Ross and Kyle get together. I'd been rooting for Kyle to get his man since the earlier books.

There's a bit of mystery and some drama thrown in with the romance, but this is definitely all about Ross and Kyle and their relationship. They pretend to be married as part of their cover so there's lots of sexu
Nerea
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-mystery

Awww :) Loved this one!
We know kyle and Ross since book 1 and we really needed this story because they had so amazing chemistry together!

Kyle is the boss of Bodyguards Inc. And Ross his 10 years younger personal assistant. Is really obvious that Kyle is deeply in love but Ross looks oblivious to it. Bickering with his boss everytime he could.

So finally in this book Kyle received a call from an exlover/ exspypartner asking for his help in a mission.

He need to go to a small hotel and look after a
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

4.25 Stars

This is easily my favourite book of the series so far. We have waited and waited for Ross and Kyle’s story and in all honesty that wait was more than worth it!

When Kyle employed Ross as his PA 2 years ago it was instant lust. Those feelings grew rapidly until Kyle was overwhelmed with how he felt and very much in love. Rather than risk their friendship and make things difficult at work he keeps his feelings bottled up and has absolutely no idea that Ross
Serena Yates
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay, read-2015
Finally this is Ross and Kyle's story! These two men have been dancing around each other and their attraction basically from the time Ross came to work for Kyle as his PA two years ago. Everyone else could see what was going on, but these two stubborn guys "manfully" ignored each other for fear of ruining their working relationship.

I can certainly understand that - to a point. But with one bodyguard after the other pairing off with clients, you'd think Ross and Kyle would give it a go, right? I
Didi
SIGH. You just couldn't keep making me happy could you??? Such a waste, this... ):

The story started on the promising road. I had been waiting for a book with Kyle and Ross took the limelight and finally got together. That Kyle was "forced" to take on case and brought Ross along to pose as his husband had me grinning.

Sadly as the story went, so went my grin with it. I didn't know which was worse: Kyle's hot and cold indecision over the forced closeness to Ross which dragged the story over half t
Rachel Emily
Another enjoyable romance from one of my favorite authors. I enjoyed the set up, the writing, and really loved Kyle and Ross together.
Ramona
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nachdem der verliebte Chef und der scheinbar uninteressierte persönliche Assistent schon im ersten Teil ihren Auftritt hatten, musste ich den 4. Band einfach vorziehen.
Es ist zum Haareraufen. Die beiden sind bis über beide Ohren verliebt und doch kriegt keiner den Mund auf. Dass sie nun in eine CIA-Operation hineingezogen werden und ein frisch verheiratetes Pärchen spielen müssen, macht das Ganze nicht einfach.
Hach! Herzschmerz, Romantik und - endlich - Action!
Genau mein Geschmack.
Love Bytes Reviews
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 Heart Review by Vicki

Yeah! Ross and Kyle FINALLY get a book…. I’m so happy for them!

Kyle has quite the history. He’s American, was injured in the Army, did something for the CIA, then inherited an English manor house, moved to England and opened his business, Bodyguards Inc. He hired Ross immediately upon meeting him, and the two have had a very strange relationship ever since. Kyle has been in lust, then love with Ross since they met. Ross seems totally oblivious to this fact, but may have so
multitaskingmomma
Original Blog Post: Review Request: Undercover Lovers by RJ Scott

Review by: multitaskingmomma

My Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Finally! We have Ross and Kyle's story which had teased us from the very beginning. Clearly, it was about time they got their HEA. But did they really?

Kyle is the boss of Bodyguards, Inc and Ross is his easy to tease PA. Kyle is unreachable and kind of aloof. Ross is easy to react especially when his stapelers are concerned. When it is Kyle's time to go back on the field, it sets h
Kirsty Bicknell
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Undercover Lovers is the first book I have read in R J Scott's Bodyguards Inc series, although it is actually the fourth instalment.
Initially I was enticed by the fact that my favourite cover model graces the cover of Undercover lovers, but the reason I enjoyed the story so much was R J Scott's special blend of romance, suspense and intrigue.
Although recently I have been a little jaded by the frequent use of particular trends in the M/M romance genre, Undercover Lovers is actually a great exampl
LeeAnn
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the LONG awaited story of Kyle and Ross. We have seen them, in previous books, tease, argue and snip at each other and we knew, we KNEW something else was going on between these two, even if neither realized the other had feelings for them. Finally, we got to see and feel how they felt about each other, watch as it grew and see the end result. It was amazing to read! As always I enjoyed seeing others from previous books and meeting new people. This was well worth the wait and I for one h ...more
Suzy
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it

After building up to Ross and Kyle's story in the first couple of books I was disappointed after reading this - just felt a little all over the place and too slow in building up to getting together. Story was quite weak and I felt like shaking both guys repeatedly and shouting at them to talk to each other!

Next story in the series sounds good so fingers crossed :)
Maggie
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice story!

Great addition to the series. I love Kyle and Ross, and loved their story. Full of action and romance, hot sex between the guys, some angst and laughter, an all around great read! Awesome series!
Selina Durio
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was great to read what made the Bodyguards, Inc. boss Kyle tick. He and Ross have danced around each other for three books. While this book had plenty of action it was really fun, light reading.
Mary
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Undercover Lovers BGI #4

Disappointed in Kyle being a chickenshit about his feelings for Ross. What is this high school? I was so looking forward to this too.
Jax
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great instalment from R.J in the Bodyguards Inc. series. Loved it!
James Cox
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series so far. I devoured this book.
✼Danielle✼
Kyle
Ross

3 stars

Read October 2016

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CIA Agent Stefan Mortimer needs Kyle's help with a case of a geneticist and a missing formula. Trouble is being led right to Kyle’
R
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, series
Kyle, is the owner of Bodyguards Inc. When he receives a call from an old friend who needs help he can’t say no. He has no choice but to take Ross as his partner. Posing as newlyweds, both men try to hide the feelings they have for each other.

Their job is simple, protect a man for a few days without letting him know. Shouldn’t of been difficult but nothing went as planned. Kyle and Ross certainly didn’t expect to be admitting their love for each other either.

I liked that Ross let Kyle think he w
Julesmarie
Maybe I had my hopes up too high because I'd been waiting for these two to get together for three books already. And friends-to-lovers is a favorite trope of mine.

It was good, just not as good as #2 or #3, and not nearly as good as I'd hoped.

Some Favorite Quotes:
"Hmm, we should relabel ourselves. This could be a good marketing thing."

the man in his heart was finally in his arms.
Lea Blottiaux
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting Ending

This story was about Kyle and Ross. They had to go undercover as a married couple honeymooning at Stratford Bridge. They had to watch over a man who was hiding out there without him knowing about it. It was a good read. Watching Kyle and Ross playing a married couple was great.Action and romance and an exciting ending.
Amy Dufera
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Undercover Lovers, we get Kyle's story, which I was so excited to read.

Kyle's been in love with Ross, but Ross is oblivious. Now they're off on an undercover assignment as newlyweds. Yes please!

I love these two men together. The uncertainty, the longing, ahh. The work case is different that the others, but it's still fun and full of drama. It'd definitely a great read!
BakaRena
Well, I actually started with the first book in series, read about these two, though they are a lot more interesting than the main couple and here I am - slightly disappointed. Would be interesting without insta-anything, with a bit more ust, but all that would require skill I don't believe this particular author has. The only thing I liked is their office banter.
Lena Grey
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing

“Fear is okay temporarily. But if we allow ourselves to be trapped by it and surround ourselves by such walls, we are merely going towards slow deaths. The sooner we realise that most everything we desire is on the other side of fear, the sooner we begin to live...” - Anoma Natasha Paleebut

Trying to mask your feelings to protect someone from consequences is seldom productive. Kyle, from 'Undercover Lovers' by R.J. Scott, is the owner of Bodyguards Unlimited. Kyle has been in love with Ross, one
Melissa Mendoza
Blurb:

CIA Agent Stefan Mortimer needs Kyle's help w
Carra
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been eagerly awaiting Ross and Kyle's story after watching the two of them interacting through the first three books of the series. Undercover Lovers gives us a boss/employee scenario where both have feelings for each other but never let them show so they won't jeopardize their work environment. This sets us up for a lot of tension, enough to almost become frustrating as the two of them keep denying themselves.

Kyle has a past that includes secrets and work he's done that he can't talk about
Cat
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars - When Boundaries Cross***

This is the one I’ve been waiting for, and it totally lived up to my expectations! Snark, angst, drama, and seriously sexy times made for a great read! Kyle has been in love with his personal assistant, Ross, for years, and Ross has been undeniably attracted to his boss, as well. However, in an attempt to keep the job he adores, Ross has decided that his feelings are inappropriate, unrequited, and need to be kept on the backburner. Going undercover with his

• Suit Yourself (Men Of London, #3)
  • Mobsters and Miracles
  • Chance To Be King
  • Chase The Sun (Stories from Sapphire Cay, #3)
  • All Fired Up (Sin City Uniforms, #1)
  • Holed Up (Up to Trouble #1)
  • High Concept
  • Nights Like These
  • The Right Way (The Way Home #3)
  • Drama Queen (Nicky and Noah Mystery #1)
  • Saved
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • Unspeakable Words (The Sixth Sense #1)
  • Balls & Chain (Balls to the Wall #2)
  • Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)
  • Day and Knight (Day and Knight, #1)
  • Flash and Bang (Death and Destruction, #2)
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Bodyguards Inc. (7 books)
  • Bodyguard To A Sex God (Bodyguards Inc. #1)
  • The Ex Factor (Bodyguards Inc. #2)
  • Max and the Prince (Bodyguards Inc. #3)
  • Love's Design (Bodyguards Inc. #5)
  • Kissing Alex (Bodyguards Inc. #6)
  • Roman's Heart (Bodyguards Inc., #7)