Start by marking “Showering with Nana: Confessions of a Serial (Killer)...Caregiver” as Want to Read:
Showering with Nana: Confessions of a Serial (Killer)...Caregiver

Showering with Nana: Confessions of a Serial (Killer)...Caregiver

What happens when a two–year-old and a 92-year-old join forces and conspire against their primary caregiver? The picture is at times not pretty, but it’s always heartwarming and witty. Elder care attorney Cathy Sikorski penned this memoir about her days as a stay-at-home mom whose life is turned upside down when her Nana moves in. In between the adventures and misadventure ...more
Published April 30th 2015 by HumorOutcasts Press

To ask other readers questions about Showering with Nana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Showering with Nana

Rachel
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book! Honestly was laughing out loud on every single page. I'd get looks from my boyfriend for disturbing his reading time because I could not keep silent. Not only is this book funny, but there are tear-jerker moments as well. I could not wait to come home and rush to read another anecdote about Cathy's fun and lovable Nana and daughter. This is a MUST, MUST read for anyone who likes to laugh, fondly remembers their children growing up, or their grandmother's sage advice.
Brendan Crowley
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cathy is a very very funny writer. Her stories are fantastically funny (and true) and really capture the humour in everyday life.
Elizabeth
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: caregiving
I met Cathy and bought her book after hearing her delightful keynote speech at the 2017 National Caregiving Conference. Her Ted style talk had me laughing and I knew this diary style memoir of when she was sandwiched between caring for her toddler and her Nana in her 90s would be a great way to focus on the humor around caring for others.
Karen
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sikorski documents the challenges present when caring for a 92-year-old women with mild memory issues while also caring for a two year old. When her grandmother comes to stay for 180 days, Sikorski finds that her Nana and her toddler daughter conspire against "the boss" to lobby for more treats, fewer naps and frequent capers. Many would find the situation frustrating, but Sikorski does her best to find the humor.

Yes, the problems become overwhelming at time, but through writing therapy of sort
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Jun 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won Showering with Nana: Confessions of a Serial (Killer) . . . Caregiver by Cathy Sikorski from Goodreads.
Cathy Sikorski has written a book that will touch the hearts of anyone who has loved an elderly person. Readers will laugh at Nana's foibles and faux pas while developing a fondness and respect for her. Sikorski touches on many of the difficulties of caring for an older person while gently reminding the reader of the wonderful reasons to so.
This book is for readers who love someone who is
Doreen McGettigan
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If ever there was a situation where a sense of humor should be a prerequisite it is in caregiving. Cathy's sense of humor is evident in one story after another yet through the humor you get the real sense that she is a loving granddaughter, daughter, mother and caregiver.
I read showering with Nana in two sittings and read most of it out loud to my husband. Neither of us have laughed that hard in a very long time.
Cathy is a powerful writer and I look forward to her next book.
Donna Cavanagh
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Caregiving: We will either be the ones to do it or the ones to receive it. Cathy Sikorski's humorous and sentimental memoir allows us to laugh at life in all its stages. It is amazing to watch how this caregiver becomes the "monkey in the middle" between a two year old and 92 year old who join forces against her. The book is so funny and so honest. Just a joy to read again and again.
Marcy J Payne