Start by marking “Running Wild (Second Shot, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Running Wild (Second Shot, #0.5)

Running Wild

(Second Shot 0.5)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  284 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
She’s always been off limits . . .

Noah Tager has always played by the rules and proudly wears the label ‘Local Hero.’ But before he leaves to become one of The Few, The Proud, The Marines, he wants to turn his fantasies into reality with the one woman who has always been off limits.

He’s always been a challenge…

When it comes to her less-than-stellar reputation, Josie Fairmo
Published February 2nd 2016 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Running Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Running Wild

Claire Robinson
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4 - One more night... Stars!

Running Wild is a quick and sexy introduction to Sara Jane Stone’s new Second Shot series, in which we are introduced to the characters that will feature in the first full length novel Serving Trouble, which is due for release in early March 2016.

This novella is currently free on Amazon/B&N, and I recommend you snap it up while it is –

Amazon US - http://www.amazon.com/Running-Wild-Se...
Amazon UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Running-Wild-...
B&N - http://w
Danielle
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
When I started Running Wild I was under the assumption that it was a prequel novella to the series where the characters from the series are introduced but the main characters get their HEA... So to say that I'm disappointed with how things ended is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, this was a cute novella but if I had known that it was going to end the way it did I probably wouldn't have read it or would have at least waited until the next book came out.

Anyway, Running Wild is about wild ch
Ami
Carra
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Running Wild does exactly what it's supposed to do--it hooks you and draws you in so that by the time you're done, you really want to find out what happens next. It's hot and sexy, and it reels you in so easily and then leaves you wanting more...which for me meant immediately picking up the first full book of the series, Serving Trouble, right after finishing Running Wild.

This is a well written story with a bit of angst and the specter of young love, and though as a novella it is short the main
Nicola
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Running Wild is a great opening novella to Sara Jane Stone's Second Shot series and introduces us to the characters who will feature.

description

Josie and Noah's story has only just begun and I can't wait to see how things move on for them a few years down the line in Serving Trouble. Not that I want to wish time away, but roll on March.

"...he wasn’t going to come home the same. He knew it. And it scared the hell out of him."
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Noah Tager prides himself in being a good guy, but there is a little part of him that wants to get a taste of being bad just once in his life. He has been attracted to his best friends little sister Josie for some time now, and knows that she is off limits, but there is something about her that has this good guy wanting to test the limits. On his last night in town he decides to make his move, and steal a kiss or two from dark haired beauty, full well knowing one taste of her lips may never be e ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

*ARC*

I want to remind everyone who reads Running Wild that this is a novella and the prequel to Serving Trouble. This is a very short and quick read that sets up Serving Trouble, which I have yet to read but will be soon, and I can’t wait. The way the author leaves this one off you just know that the shit will be flying in the next book. There is nothing more upsetting than hurting someone you love even if you think it is for what is best and that is what happens
⚜️Trea
Feb 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a cute little introduction to the series! I could instantly feel the chemistry between the two main characters, and I immediately wanted to read more and find out what happened to each of them after they went their separate ways. There was a rather lengthy preview of the next book in the series as well. It does appear that the author's other series is loosely tied to this one, which I have not read yet, though I do own some of them. It gives me incentive to go read it!
Toni Lewis
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Last ride

What would you do if you were in love with your brothers best friend? On top of that they are both leaving for the military ... Josi and Noah only had one night to decide what was next ... Quick read but good
Bette Hansen
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun sexy prequel to a new series. This story is the beginnings of Noah and Josie' s story. One incredible night before Noah leaves to serve in the Marines. A great quick read that I recommend.
Michaella Redl
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and fun read. These two have been fighting their feelings for too long! Lucky ole bull!
Kimberly
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I know this is a introduction to this series, but I feel like I needed more to give it a proper rating. I liked it and will eventually get to the rest of the series, but I felt like I couldn't give it 4 or 5 stars as it ended within 30 minutes.
Jenny
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Josie has been in love with her brothers best friend for years but he is leaving for the Marines.
Louise
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Short and sweet...not much else to say about this one. Just enough of a taste so you seek out the ending of this starter.
Ann
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reread
Fast read
Jen
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read the full review on Bookaholics Not-So-Anonymous.

Note: This ARC was provided by Avon Impulse in exchange of an honest review.

This book did exactly what a prequel novella is supposed to. It gave us a story--albeit an unfinished one because it's clear that Noah and Josie have a heck of a lot more story to tell--and it made us curious about the characters that we can expect to headline their respective books throughout the series. It whets our appetite for Noah and Josie and the continuation of
Tiffany Willams
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"You're determined to be the hero, aren't you?"
"When it comes to your safety? Yeah, I'll play the part. You name the day, the time, the place-I'll be there to help you."

This was a perfect set up for this series!!!

Noah and Josie's story is just getting started and I can't wait to read more!

Josie has always been off limits to Noah because she's his best friend's little sister. But what he doesn't know is that she has pined for him just as bad.

He was leaving for the military soon, so he was dete
Mignon Mykel
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 / 5 stars

I love books that prelude a series -- just like I love prequels to stories, such as what Sweet Girl is for Garrison's Creed. While I was well aware this was a novella, I wasn't quite prepared for the face that it is indeed the prelude for a much larger picture -- Serving Trouble, which will pick up five years after the end of this one.
He had banished the words "Dominic's sister is freaking hot" from his vocabulary not long after Josie started high school...

Noah has wanted Josie
Deanna from Deanna's World
This is a short introduction to the world of Forever, Oregon, and the prequel to Noah and Josie's story. This sets the scene for their story in the first of the series, Serving Trouble.

Noah has been attracted to Josie, his best friend, Dominic's sister forever. Josie has been attracted to Noah too, but the attraction has never been acted upon because, you don't mess with your best friend's little sister.

I liked Noah. He's kind, honorable and hell bent on doing the right thing. He's also incredib
Deborah
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jd-read, amazon-done
Running Wild is the intro to Sara Jane Stone's new Second Shot series! I have loved her other series and this new one doesn't disappoint!

Josie is the freewheeling daughter of the local sheriff and continually pushes the envelope. Known for her wild ways, she plans on leaving town for the big city and a fresh start. Noah, her brother's best friend, prides himself on being the good guy. But for some time, he's noticed Josie, and doesn't want to be nice. In fact, she stars in every one of his oh so
Bff Book Blog
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-rated-reviews
This FREE (that's right, friends, FREE) novella did exactly what it was intended to do. It has made me hungry for MORE!!! Running Wild sets up Serving Trouble, the first book in the new Second Shot Series by Sara Jane Stone.

Noah is the town hero who enlists in the Marines to help his father and Grandmother. Josie is struggling with a tarnished reputation that may or may not be deserved. She's also the little sister of Noah's best friend. Josie and Noah beyond attracted to one another and so off-
Melissa Morr
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Noah Tager was Forever, Oregon's "golden boy" always plays by the rules, except for his fantasies about his best friends little sister Josie Fairmore, he wishes he could make those fantasies come true. Josie Fairmore is Forever, Oregon's "bad girl" who has loved her big brothers best friend for years. The night before Noah & Josie's brother Dominic leave for basic training, a few of their friends gather for a bonfire & party for one last hurrah before they ship out. Noah has plans for Jo ...more
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Sara Jane Stone has given me an intro to her new series (Second Shot) with a 4star bang. I found this novella to be a great segway into the new series and a greet glimpse in to the past of the two main characters for the first book of the series. We see clearly the struggles the two of them have gone through to reach the point they are at when they parted ways. One the sister of his best friend. The other the best friend of her brother. How do this work? Yes, take that leap and see what is causi ...more
Cara Ross
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I am super excited to be having another Sara Jane Stone book in my hands! So the second I got it in my greedy little hands, I jumped right in.

Noah Tager is in a catch 22 position, he is stuck in that limbo where you care for your best friends sister, but she is the one person in the world that you cannot touch, as you would literally lose everything you hold dear, especially when you are heading off to boot camp with your best friend. But that all changes when he see's Josie hurt, so he seiz
Suze Lavender
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Josie's brother Dominic and his best friend Noah have one night left before they leave Forever to join the Marines. Josie knows it's her only chance to spend time with Noah without being caught by Dominic. It should be a night they will never forget, even if it breaks her heart.

Running Wild is a great novella. It's clear from the start that Noah and Josie have a lot of chemistry, but there's more than that. They've known each other a long time, but Dominic has always kept an eye on his little si
Cheri
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of Sara Jane's books since my first read of hers. She has a way with the underdog, the hurting, and those who want to take away the hurt. Good women. Good men. Strong characters and lots of steam. The introduction novella to her new series follows suit.
Josie has always been considered the wild child. The sheriff’s daughter and independent. Noah is her brother's best friend. He's been fighting his changing feelings for the gorgeous woman child who is going away to college. He's
Becky
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, novella
Running Wild is the book equivalent of tasty appetizer--a delicious little nugget of a story that will definitely whet your appetite for Jess and Noah's full-length novel to come :)

Wild is a short, steamy read that nicely sets up the background story behind Serving Trouble . We find out what Noah's motivation is for going into the Marines, and share in Jess's frustration over growing up under the eagle eye of small-town scrutiny and understand her determination to leave it all behind. It's a "b
Deanna
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Running Wild is the prequel novella to author Sara Jane Stone’s Second Shot series for Avon Impulse. Fast-paced, well-written, and engaging, Running Wild easily draws readers in and gives them the perfect introduction to Noah and Josie while setting up their story to come in the first full-length Second Shot book, Serving Trouble.

In Running Wild, soon-to-be-a-Marine Noah gives in to his desire for his best friend’s sister—the night before he’s set to leave town. As you can imagine, things go a l
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
“Dominic's sister is freaking hot.”

Noah Tager helps his father run a country western bar. Money is tight and he needs a regular income, so has enlisted to become a Marine because he'll get a regular pay check. He is scared, but it's his only option.

“I'm stubborn, headstrong… Oh, and I like sex”

Josie Fairmore is the daughter of Forever's police chief. She has a wild reputation, fuelled by small-town gossip. A bright girl, she's heading to college in Portland on a full scholarship.

Josie's brothe
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

Basically, Running Wild is a teaser for a new series. Yes, you are getting to meet new characters and it introduces us to Noah and Josie who will be in the next book. Things you will take from this story that will apply to the next story.

Noah and Josie will have a past together.
One or both will try to put the past behind them and try to move on.
Might see a repeat of scene.
That is Running Wild. It is free and it gives you a taste of whats to come. Plus, it might wet
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • Surrender (Aspen, #5)
  • Christmas Cash (Raising Cain, #1)
  • Must Love Santa
  • Valentine Surprise
  • Love Bites (Sugar City #1)
  • Can't Wait (Hunted, #0.5; Montana Men, #0.5)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Niko's Stolen Bride
  • Date with the Devil
  • Cowboy Up
  • His to Take (Out of Uniform, #3.5)
  • BB Dalton
  • Love Storm
  • Betting the Billionaire
  • The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)
  • Return to Pearl Island: Bonus Chapters
Sara Jane Stone lives near New York's Hudson River with her very supportive real-life hero, two lively young children, a lazy Burmese cat, and a very active dog. When she is not finger painting with the kids, she loves writing sexy stories, staying up past her bedtime reading red-hot romance, and chatting with her readers on Facebook.

Second Shot (4 books)
  • Serving Trouble (Second Shot, #1)
  • Stirring Attraction (Second Shot #2)
  • Mixing Temptation (Second Shot, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
“If you ever land in a situation you can’t handle, call me.” She let out a raspy laugh. “And you’ll what? Ride in on your white horse and save me? From Afghanistan? Or Iraq? Or wherever else they’re sending recently enlisted marines these days?” “Call, email, or send a letter. Hell, send a carrier pigeon. I don’t care how you get in touch, or where I am. If you need me, I’ll find a way to help. It doesn’t matter where I am or what I’m doing. You’re like family to me, Josie. And I’m always here for you.” “Like family?” She raised an eyebrow. “So you’re doing this for Dominic? Because my brother is your BFF?” “No, I’m doing this because I care about you,” he growled. She” 0 likes
“You’re determined to be the hero, aren’t you?” “When it comes to your safety? Yeah, I’ll play the part. You name the day, the time, the place—I’ll be there to help you, Josie.” “Fine.” 0 likes