Start by marking “Tainted Kiss (Watcher's Kiss #1)” as Want to Read:
Tainted Kiss (Watcher's Kiss #1)

Tainted Kiss

(Watcher's Kiss #1)

Tactical, lethal, resolute.

Haunted by a centuries-old tragedy, there’s no room in Arawn’s life for softness. Every action he takes is for the betterment of his race and the good of the realm. He leads his elite band of warriors the same way he lives his life: full on, without compromise, determined. Except for one sexy female who happens to be his subordinate.

Tenacious, pa
Published (first published July 21st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Tainted Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tainted Kiss

★Moonrise Books
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
I was thrilled to discover this new spin off series by the author of the Solsti Prophecy, and this first book in the series did not disappoint! We meet up with the Lash demons and other beloved characters from the first series, and get to know the Watchers, an elite band of Lash demon warriors. Wow! Super sexy, the pages are filled with steamy romance, gorgeous alpha males, and strong female characters who really know how to kick ass. The story is rich with detail, well paced, with plenty of twi ...more
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Tainted Kiss Stars ~

Tainted Kiss is book one in the Watcher’s Kiss series by Sharon Kay.

Ria and Arawn are both Watchers. They have been attracted to each other for some time, but neither one has done anything about it. Not until Ria is hurt. I really liked Ria. She is strong, feisty, and loyal to her friends, family, and comrades. Everything a heroine should be. I also liked Arawn. He is the Commander of the Watchers, leader of the Lush demons, and all the decisions he makes is to protect
Dianne
A Fierce Demon Warrior leader is brought to his knees by equally fierce demon warrior with both beauty and brains! Yep, I’m in! Sharon Kay spins off her Solsti Prophecy Series by spotlighting characters we’ve met before! Get ready to get even better acquainted with them, up close and flaming hot with Tainted Kiss!

Arawn is 100% warrior, as loyal to his people as his cause. He analyzes, and makes decisions, and is the first to jump into battle. He is also haunted by his past, and the one person he
Marta Cox
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
My first book by this author but I've seen her books recommended and in particular her Solsti Prophecy series and I now realise that this spins off from those books but I found it very approachable and had no difficulty in quickly immersing myself in this world of demons. As the story begins Ria is in a magically induced coma as she has been seriously injured and it was feared she might not fully recover . Arawn is the leader of this band of Lash demons known as Watchers and he's pretty much str ...more
Liz F
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review copy courtesy of the author.

Hmmm, well, I think it's official. Sharon Kay is one of my favorite authors. I think I've read just about all of her books and I've loved all of them. There's so much stuff to talk about so I'm just going to jump right in!

Ria is probably my favorite type of heroine in paranormal romance. Sometimes, heroines in paranormal romance are so much about their abilities or their specialness that it really feels like the hero and/or the romance is an afterthought or jus
Maria's Book Blog
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star read from Sharon Kay!

Tainted Kiss is the first book in the Watchers Kiss Series by Sharon Kay, which is a spin-off from her Solsti Prophecy Series. While it’s not entirely necessary to read the Solsti Prophecy Series to understand what’s going on in Tainted Kiss, I would highly recommend doing so. There is so much back story you’d be missing out on, which could potentially help you understand the world these characters are living in.

So about Tainted Kiss. I have been anxiously a
Shelley
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
*4.5 Stars*

A strong, lethal commander who demands respect from his warriors, Arawn is all brawn, tactical skill, and power. As a stoic leader who never shows weakness or emotion, he is unhinged to find himself at the bedside of one of his wounded warriors. He needs to be close to her, to know that she is recovering from a near death battle. There is something about Ria that just calls to Arawn, that brings a sense of calm to his life. He discovers that he needs that feeling that she inspires.

Ria
Diane Lynch
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lash Demon, Arawn, has devoted his life to leading the Watchers. He lost his mate in a tragedy hundreds of years prior and has not loved another. It is not until one of his Watchers, Ria, is injured, that he begins to realize he has feelings for her.

We met both Ria and Arawn in the Solsti Prophecy Series. I loved hearing their story.

Arawn is a strong a courageous commander. He is well-liked by his people. He has a secret that he worries will ruin his relationship with Ria and the respect of his
Tracey
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, review-copy
Tainted Kiss is a spin off series from the Solsti sisters and starts were the other series ended. It's a new series though and features the lash demons/watchers at the headquarters, starting with Arawn the leader.

Arawn is tough, strong and hides his inner self including some secrets. Lately though people have been noticing him visiting the health centre a lot!

Tiriana, was injured in battle and hasn't woken since, she's had a steady stream of visitors, the most common one is the leader of Watche
Lindsay
I found this book to be extremely enjoyable. Initially when I started I felt like I had been dropped into the middle of a story. This book is a spin-off of the authors previous series, and having not read that it took chapter or two to acclimate myself to the characters and the world

I quickly got pulled into the story of Arawn & Ria. I loved how alpha he was. How protective and caring.

My one issue came with Ria. For the most part, I liked her. Unfortunately, once is she and Arawn got togeth
Kate's Corner
Now I personally have underestimated Ms. Kay and I will also freely admit when I have made an error of judgement. The same applies here.
You don’t have to read the Solsti Prophecy series but it does help as I was a bit lost to begin with and their characters included here that are in the previous series as this is a spin off so I will go back and read them. I wasn’t actually fair when I read the first book Wicked Wind.
The Watchers are the Lash Demons that are also protectors of the realm. They
Setta Jay
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed my trip into Torth! I loved the world and sexy cast of characters.
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

After reading the final book in the Solsti series, I was looking forward to being able to read about Arawn and Ria... so when I was given the opportunity to do so, I immediately jumped at the chance.

It was good to see that this book moved immediately into the aftermath of the previous series. I wasn't left with much confusion about what was going on and it was really easy to see and feel the other c
Jennifer Greeff
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've come to expect absolutely solid, incredible reads from Sharon Kay and she delivered once again. When I finished On Solid Ground (Solsti Prophecy #4) I was sad that it was over but ecstatic at the thought that there would be a whole series branching off involving Arawn and his sexy band of Lash Watchers.

Tainted Kiss picks up where On Solid Ground left off, more or less! It's a month later, Ria is in a coma following the attack by Elegia's forces and Arawn has sat dutifully by his soldier's
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
Arawn is the fierce leader of the Lash demons. He is meticulous when it comes to planning for battle, and he looks out for his warriors. He has suffered great loss, and he has no room in his life for love. Ria is a seasoned warrior. She is tough as well as beautiful. If she cares to admit it she has been attracted to Arawn for decades, but harbored secrets could get in the way of any chance she may have to soften the warrior's heart.

Kudos Sharon Kay! I was a bit broken hearted after the ending o
 ♥ Rainy Day Reader ♥
Yesss what more could a girl want than not only Arwan but Ria as well??? First of all let me say if you haven't read the Solsti series that pre-dates this book read them! Not only are they great but they fill in a lot of blanks in Tainted Kiss. For example: getting excited about Ria and Arwan! I actually had hoped the book would be about one of them but when I realized it was both I was on cloud nine.

Ria is for lack of a better term kick-ass. She's the type of female every girl wishes they coul
Kristin
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
4 1/2 stars....
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This series is a spin off of the author’s previous Solsti Prophecy series, which I read, devoured, and adored. At first, when agreeing to read and review this book, I was unaware that it was a spin-off. I just knew that this was an author I truly enjoyed reading, and was eager to see what other worlds she had conjured up.
The night after I received it, I decided to glance at the first page to see how it was. When I saw
Carla
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy of this book as a gift by Stephanie's Book Reports in exchange for an honest review.

5 stars for Tainted Kiss by Sharon Kay. This is the first book in the Watcher's Kiss series, and it is a great paranormal read.

Arawn is the fierce leader of the Lush demons, and every decision that he makes is based solely on protecting his race and the realm in which they live. After loosing his first mate, he vows to never mate again This plan continues to work for a while up until he meets
KathyAnne
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
Even though this is book one of a new series by Sharon Kay, it is a spin-off from her Solsti Prophecy series. You probably could read this as a stand alone but I would highly recommend starting with the previous series so that you know the full back story of the characters.
Book one of this series follows the characters Arawn and Ria, who we met in the Solsti series. As usual, this author creates a story that does not disappoint full of romance, sexy time and action! I love that all of the ladie
Karen ~ Divhine
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story.

Tainted Kiss is the first book in the Watcher’s series and follows the Solsti series. Some of the characters from the Solsti series are prominent in this book and it is nice to be able to read about them again.

Arwan is the leader of Watcher HQ and is strong, tough, and takes his position as leader very seriously. He has secrets and a past sorrow that has always prevented him from approaching Ria.

Ria is one of the few female watchers and was injured in a battle that concluded with
Book Junky Girls
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ria our kick butt Lash demon Watcher extrodinaire, if like me you've read the Solsti Series you've learned quite a bit about her, but now we get into her mind directly and see things through her.

Arawan, the ultimate leader, and you've seen he has his secrets. It's time to find out what they are!

When Ria is gravely injured Arawan can no longer keep away from the fiesty woman who has been working for him for decades. How much can or will he let Ria in though? That is the question.

In this spin off
Kumiko Lei  ~Lost In A Book~
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 2015
Reviewed at Lost In A Book

I'm ashamed to admit that this is the first book by Sharon Kay that I've ever read. Where the hell have I been?

The beginning was a little muddled for me, I kept thinking I was missing something, although I don't know what that was. Once I got past that, the rest of it just flew by. I was IN this story. The more I read, the more pulled in I got. There was plenty of action, suspense and super steamy lovin'.

I loved Ria and Arawn, and how he let his walls down over the cour
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
I was so excited to jump into this new series by Sharon Kay. I'm a huge fan of her writing and the worlds that she created in the Solsti Prophecy series so I was anxious to see what she would come up with next. Tainted Kiss did not disappoint!

Arawn is the duty-bound leader of an elite force of watchers. With the weight of responsibility on his shoulders, he keeps himself distant from his warriors to protect his heart as well as a dark secret.

Ria is one of the warriors in Arawn's band of fighters
Lisa
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lisa by: The Reading Room Blog
I received a copy of this story for an honest review for The Reading Room Blog.

The Solsti Prophecy Series is one of my favorite paranormal romance series of all time so I was incredibly sad when it came to a close because author Sharon Kay developed such a rich universe it seemed a shame to lose it. So imagine my joy when Kay made the decision to spin off the universe into a new series - Watcher's Kiss. Tainted Kiss is the first of the newly launched series and it doesn't disappoint. Action pack
Amber Daulton
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the Watcher’s Kiss series which is a spinoff from the Solsti Prophecy series. It picks up where the fourth and last Solsti book ends but can be read as a standalone from the other series. (Everything is quickly rehashed for new readers.)
Ria is a Lash demon and one incredibly strong woman. She’s a Watcher, an elite warrior determined to protect the realms, but she was seriously hurt in the previous book and has been in a coma for the past month. Arawn, a Lash and the Wat
Shelly Roke
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! A demon realm

A demon realm akin to Earth, with access to Earth and it's technology. Then, they make it work using magic. This book says book 1, but I'm thinking it is a continuation of something, based on some storyline that appear to have to do with Earth and the two Solsti. Great characters, no whiny heroines, just gals that kick butt with skill.
terrie huffman
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tainted Kiss

Wow!! This book is great. Very action packed with so much romance. There is also a variety of emotions the reader will feel. Definitely recommend this.
Maghon Thomas
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Ok so I loved the Solsti series. We met so many great characters in there. And I'm so pumped, because this is a spin off, but more along the demon side of things than the human side of things. And plus, we get to see two sisters and their mates in this one as well as several other characters who've made a significant impact over the last several books. But no worries if you haven't read the other series. This one is done just right for you to pick up and fall in love for the first time or all o ...more
Christina Rimorin
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tainted Kiss by Sharon Kay

Just when you thought that all was well and done on the realm of Torth after the defeat Elegia, another adventure begins. And who best to start a new adventure with the mysterious Lash leader, Arawn and the lovely yet tough as nails female warrior, Ria. They made a really worthy and suitable match. They balanced and complemented each other in the right places or how Ria herself had it phrased, “we can fill in each other’s gaps.” Their love scenes lived up to my expecta
Jen Davis
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me of PNR series in the vein of Midnight Breeds. We’ve got some otherworldly demon warriors who protect the world(s) from bad demons, bent on domination. They are very powerful and super-alpha and can only really step out of that zone when they find their other half and form a mate bond. It’s a tried and true formula of the genre, because in most cases it work, and this series is no exception.

This installment centers on Arawn, the group’s leader. He lost his mate hundreds of y
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
release date? 2 4 Jul 14, 2015 09:39AM
Goodreads Librari...: delete inaccurate book 3 25 Jul 08, 2015 07:56AM
Sharon Kay writes award-winning fiction and can never get enough reading time. She loves winter and black coffee, and is endlessly inspired to write kick-ass heroines and the men strong enough to capture their hearts. Sharon lives in the Chicago area with her husband and son, and one weekend the idea for her first series formed, refusing to stay quiet until she put pen to paper. Her characters ten ...more

Watcher's Kiss (5 books)
  • Assassin's Kiss (Watcher's Kiss, #2)
  • Captive's Kiss (Watcher's Kiss #3)
  • Awakening Kiss (Watcher's Kiss, #4)
  • Twisted Desire (Titan World)