Start by marking “Over the Fence” as Want to Read:
Over the Fence

Over the Fence

Two neighbors—strangers—with one thing in common—they share a fence.

But is that the only thing they share?

Nathan Fraser lives a solitary life, never letting anyone get too close. It’s safer that way.

Kourtney Whyte hides from the world and behind her work, too afraid to really live her life to the fullest. Rejection is what she knows best.

But one night, the sound of her s
Published August 4th 2015 by Melanie Moreland

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Rating 4.5 Stars

Over the Fence is my very first book by Melanie Moreland. Right here in the beginning of this review, though, I can honestly say that it won’t be my last.

#ThrowbackThursday A man. A woman. Just a fence separate their chance at happily ever after. Over The Fence: getBook.at/OverTheFence #FREE to read on KU

Do you think you could fall for someone just by hearing their voice? Not ever seeing what they look like? Nathan Fraser, self proclaimed best IT guy ever, lived a very solitary life. He kept it that way, it was easier. Nathan had secrets, a darkness in his past he preferred to keep to himself. He lived his life with no strings,
Claire Robinson
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 - "I keep waiting for you to walk away." Stars!

Over the Fence is the first book I have read by Melanie Moreland, and on the whole it was a pretty enjoyable read. I think the main thing that stood out for me is that this is a book about two regular people, who although both have pretty unhappy pasts are both living relatively normal lives. It was nice to get back into the real world if you know what I mean, and go through this couples ups and downs with them.

As I said the main story line betw
Jeanne

DNF 15%

I think this story had the potential to be cute, it just needs to be edited. The word repetition is killing me...there are only so many times a grown woman should "giggle".
Erika

4.75 stars!!!

After reading this book, I admit to being in a bit of withdrawal. I loved the hero, Nathan, so freaking much, I am afraid to try another book for fear any other hero will fail in comparison. I should add: I loved the heroine, Kourtney, every single bit as much as Nathan. They were an amazing, beautiful couple. This was just such a sweet, heartwarming, heartbreaking at times, beautiful love story. The epilogue was the cherry on top, giving me a wonderfully drawn out (in a cute and to
Ashleyjo

What's The What?

Family should love and protect, not hurt one another. From what I gleaned she had been hurt --badly-- maybe even worse than I had been. Bastards. They better hope we never meet. It sounded as if her hurt stemmed from many years, whereas mine had been abrupt, leaving me reeling at a time when I needed my family the most."

This book is about two people who've been beaten down by those who were supposed to love them the most, thereby leaving the MMC a person who doesn't want any
SB*needs low angst books*
Update 6-7-18

Got the audiobook of this and loved it. The male narrator John Lane did a really good job and sounded very sexy and did well with tell the story. The female part was very small but was good for the small part done. So fell in love with this story again.

Nathan Fraser gets home from work after a bad day. He goes to his backyard to eat his stale sandwich and drink a beer since he can't cook. When he hears his new female neighbor moving around next door and smells the food she is barbe
BookLover
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“You’re a nut,” she whispered into my neck.
“Just about you, Chefgirl. Just about you.”

I really enjoyed this story about neighbours Nathan and Kourtney. Their relationship began very unconventionally, speaking through the fence in they backyards but not actually meeting in person. Over the Fence was told in a unique way, almost entirely through Nathan’s point of view.

Kourtney, though transparently insecure, had such a witty sense of humour and warm personality. Much like Nathan, I bonded with
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5

★Review★

I absolutely ADORED this book!

Is it going to be exciting enough for everyone? Probably not. And sometimes I am in the mood for s
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
***4.5 I'm nuts over you Stars***

This book had it all
-- a subject and heroine so close to my own life
-- funny banter
-- a beautiful love story
-- an awesome, sensitive and loving guy
-- only a bit of angst

and finally...

-- a wonderful lesson learned all around

I have always been a fan of Melanie's writing and when she approached me to read her newest...there was no way I was going to turn her down.

Now normally Melanie's books are about dark, brooding men whose souls are damaged where a woman co
Barbara➰
This was a reread for me and I enjoyed it better this time so I'm bumping it up to 5 stars.

Nathan is absolutely one of the most perfect heroes I've ever read. He does everything right in my book.

I liked Kourtney too. She was sweet and kind. I loved seeing her grow and become more confident and outgoing all thanks to Nat. I did get a wee bit annoyed with all the self doubt even though it was totally understandable. It just got to be a little too much. But luckily she started turning around.

I l
CC
Sep 17, 2015 rated it liked it
The first 55% was slooowww. I was easily distracted and pretty uninterested. It was running at a 2-3 stars. Once they finally got together "got together" things heated up and I loved it!

This was sweet. Sugary sweet. The Hero was patient and kind with all the heroines self esteem issues. Which were many and deep. (view spoiler)

Pet peeves
Hero withheld important
Alex ♈
4.25 - 4.5 stars

Sweet safe touching love story.

Amazing hero! *swoon*

Very likable heroine, I only wish she had more spark in her.
I didn’t like that she let her family treat her bad.
But she had a light sweet personality.

I loved how the hero loved her, how he helped her to grow stronger, to believe in herself.

Cute epilogue.

This author writes beautiful books.
I’m her true fan now!
Katie
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 love doesn't have to hurt stars

description
"I needed her to want to talk to me. And I wanted her to need me."

wow. Melanie Moreland did it again! this was truly an amazing read.

Ms. Moreland has a way of creating characters with such depth, that you can't help but fall in love with them. I absolutely LOVED Nathan. He was such an amazing hero and total book boyfriend material! And omg...Kourtney. It's impossible to hear about her past and NOT just want to jump into the book and give her a hug.

In this day
Deserie williams
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
May Contain Spoilers!!!

4.5 Nathan stars. I'm tired so I might miss things I want to say about this lol I loved this. it made me laugh, cry, happy, sad and was just heartbreaking at times. loved Nathan, loved Kourtney, but at times I felt like her insecurities dragged on a little. I feel bad saying that because she went through so much and I know it takes time but because of that the story at times dragged just a little for me, but I still very much loved this. Kourtney is an amazing, beautiful,
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
2nd read 1/27/2019
4 stars
I lowered my rating this time around because they were some things that I was annoyed and I’ve forgotten the first time I read this.
First, hero and his f*ck buddy, this OW met the heroine over the fence after hero started to have feelings for her. He went on a date with her. I didn’t like it and even though he wasn’t into the date before going out with her, he looked at her body with lust. I didn’t need to read this.

2nd- Even though heroine was sweet and I like her re
Alp
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't know why I seemingly keep picking up disappointing books!

This book started off very interesting but sadly, it couldn't stay that way right to the end. Somewhere around the second quarter, it started to fall short, and halfway through, I almost screamed out in frustration. Kourtney constantly annoyed me with her extreme shyness and very low self-esteem. I knew she had unhappy childhood, grew up with a father who neglected her most of the time and was also bullied by her older brother. But
Nicla
Such a sweet romance that will make you smile. Highly recommend.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low

Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating: 5 Stars

Review

description

Over the Fence is a New Adult Contemporary Romance, told mostly from the point of view of the male protagonist, Nathan, as he navigates a new relationship with his new neighbour—and the lady on the other side of the fence—Kourtney. (later in the story, you do see things from her perspective)

This was such an amazing treat for me to read, for multiple reaso
Hanne
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book as much as the first time I’ve read it! There are so many romantic, beautiful moments that I highlighted! I reread the epilogue again multiple times. It’s a beautiful, perfect ending! I can’t recommend this book enough!

------

Original review (08/15/2015):

5 -- Chefgirl and Tomcat -- stars

What an amazing and unique story! I love this book so much! This author never disappoints me and I can’t wait for her next book. As always she delivers a story about damaged people who find each
Ezinwanyi
Nathan Fraser smelled home cooking across his fence and complimented his neighbor's culinary skills, which led her to leave a plate for him on the fence. For weeks, Nathan and his neighbor Kourtney Whyte culivated an "over the fence" relationship where they conversed, shared meals and got to know each other without seeing the other's face.

It felt like an online relationship to me except they lived next door and heard each other's voice. It amazes me that people can live next door and have no clu
Ira
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

I love this book!:)

It was simple.
It was funny.
It was lovely.
There are sadness too but that made it more beautiful storyline...

And... from male POV where he thought, talked and behaved like a real man instead of just like a female character with a male name, hm..you know what I mean, duh:)

Oh, the epilogue?
It's perfect!!
Amber
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very heartwarming realistic romance. It was a character driven story that really just focused on the relationship, and was refreshing in its simplicity.

These characters are you, me, and everyone we know. No more needs to be written. If you want an authentic love story, read this book.
Carol
4 stars.
Emotional, sweet story about two damaged individuals that meet (unseen) over a privacy fence.
They begin a friendship that ultimately deepens and turns into love for both of them.
Through the small acts of kindness and generosity they share not only does their relationship blossom but they are both soon forced to examine and deal with shattering events from their traumatic pasts .
I loved watching how they both helped each other begin to heal on the inside.
Melanie Moreland writes such cha
Talltree
Aug 04, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
DNF

abused h trope which I'm not reading at the moment. The H was a great guy but again I have the feeling that he will save h from her abusive brother and validate h and her attractiveness by loving her.
I much prefer a h who saves herself and loves herself before needing a man to do those things, but its just a personal preference, no offence to others who liked the book!!
Syndi
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this book.

I love Nathan. He is my ideal neighbour. Too bad I can not cook. He is so sweet, swooning type of alpha male. He has been lonely for many years. Poor thing!

I found Kourtney is bit cheesy and timid. But she grows on me. I can relate to her characters and up bringing. She has been suffer a abuse from her own family. I can relate to her how she feels liberated when she finally get her education and her job. I also love Miss Moreland choice to portrays Kourtney's body as short and
maggieandteddy
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd
Very original, cute book. First person Nathan's POV, with the exception of a short part with the heroine Kourtney's POV.
The beginning of the book starts off in a very original way. I love how they got to know each other without the usual overrun of adjectives to describe each other's physical appearance: six pack abs, tall, thin, blah blah.
Nathan and Kourtney spent a lot of time talking to each other. Both of them are lonely and pretty much alone.
Nathan can tell that Kourtney is very shy and f
✿kawehi.reviews
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via StarAngels Reviews & Promo Stars Services in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

Can two people, who've never met or seen each other, give the other what the other lacks or needs?

Teaser 1

Well, that’s what happens between protagonists, Nathan and Kourtney, as they grow from mere acquaintances into something more.

What worked for me in this read, is that it’s not your average romance. It’s intriguingly unconventional with a pair of strangers who’ve never met or seen one
Mandy

This was a really sweet story about two people who are closed off and alone. It's told almost entirely from Nathan's POV. Nathan is kind of a loner, not letting anyone get close to him. When he gets a new neighbor next door and smells her cooking, he strikes up conversation, gets a plate of food and they start up conversation all without even seeing each other. I really enjoyed this story and how Nathan and Kourtney met. There were a lot of things to like about this one, it was sweet an
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kourtney Whyte and Nathan Fraser are both desperately lonely and broken when they meet each other as neighbors on opposite sides of their privacy fence. Without ever seeing each other, the two develop an adorable friendship when Kourtney (or Chefgirl as Nathan nicknames her almost immediately) begins passing the food she cooks over to Nathan (or Nat, as he prefers her to call him). The meals lead to conversation and the conversation leads to genuine feelings. Then, one night Nat hops the fence t ...more
Nicola
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Over The Fence was a blend of all that is cute, funny, romantic, witty and steamy, with sweet tender moments that will make your heart sigh. I had no idea just how good this would be when I opened the first page; forget insta-love and forget the perfected stereotypes we so often find in romance books, because this couple are proof that beauty is only skin deep.

description

Told from Nathan's perspective, his and Kourtney's relationship is truly one of friends-to-lovers and as opposed to being overbearing and
United By Romance: Over The Fence 1 1 Sep 22, 2018 01:49PM
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • Mountain Charm (Appalachian Hearts, #2)
  • Renewing Hope (In Your World, #2)
  • The Apartment (The Apartment Novels, #1)
  • King's Ransom
  • The Duality Principle (The Portland Rebels, #1)
  • Point of No Return (Point, #3)
  • Bent Not Broken (Cedar Creek, #1)
  • Late Night with Andres
  • Sex, Lies & Nikolai
  • Etched in Stone (Six Degrees #2)
  • The Land of the Shadow (The End of All Things #2)
  • Vigil
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • Burn (L.A. Untamed)
  • Katherine in Gold (The Beachy Bride, #2)
  • Patience (Choices, #2.5)
  • The Bride of Willow Creek
New York Times/USA Today bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ontario with her beloved husband of twenty-seven-plus years and their rescue cat, Amber. Nothing means more to her than her friends and family, and she cherishes every moment spent with them.
While seriously addicted to coffee, and highly challenged with all things computer-related and t
“I assume you have a password?” I asked as I reached for it. “Oh, yeah, it’s emptiness, and I used capital E and the number one for the ‘i.’ They always tell us to have a number and capital in our password at work.” Frowning, I paused. It wasn’t the word I’d have expected from her.” 2 likes
“She entered my life so quietly, yet had such a profound impact on it.” 0 likes