Start by marking “Our Demons, Best Friends” as Want to Read:

(Half of Me #1)

If the perfect world existed, Ava and Sebastian would be in it, in love. But in this world, they are both closely watched by their demons. Their baggage is not light: Ava has hers carefully folded in vacuum bags to occupy as little room as possible; Sebastian wears his like a lead armor that makes him slouch sometimes. They like each other, but how are their demons going t ...more
Published May 10th 2015 by Diana T. Scott (first published May 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Our Demons, Best Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Demons, Best Friends

Start your review of Our Demons, Best Friends
Pearl Angeli
"My demons love your demons like crazy. They just needed each other, the same way I need you."

I could swoon like crazy all day with this book! Such a fantastic, cute novel that I will gladly read again and again. First off, I was instantly hooked the moment I set my eyes off its beautiful cover where a guy and a girl sit across from each other while the spirit-like objects above them are hugging. Wow! COVERGASM. Secondly, I loved the premise. It has an air of mystery which really
Aj the Ravenous Reader

This is surprisingly a warm and comforting read. I’ve been postponing this for so long because I was worried to read about another angsty NA novel because of the vibes coming through from the title and the cover. I mean the artwork in the cover is gorgeous but it seems like a threat to the emotions. I was very happy that the book wasn’t what I expected at all.

Though both characters, Ava and Sebastian carry with them a troubled, tragic past, they bear it with reason and grace, especially Ava whos
Aditi
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“My demons love your demons like crazy”

----Diana T. Scott

Diana T. Scott, an American author, pens a heart-wrenching contemporary love story about two medical interns in her new book, Our Demons, Best Friends which is the first book in the Half of Me series, that unfolds a deeply moving blossoming love story between Ava and Sebastian, two broken souls beholding lots of pain and broken promises from their not so distant past, by highlighting how these two souls collide and how they unite under
T S
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The prologue with the unexpected burst of melancholy alone hooked me. Talking about our male protagonist, Sebastian: he is beautiful as hell, is tormented to the bone but is still respectful without being an Alpha douchebag? That's a win-win for me. Dear Seb, I accept you in all your tattooed glory(and can we please not ignore that man bun? #loveatfirstsight). Ava is everything I'd want in a female heroine : feirce but still rational (even with all her emotional baggage.)

"My demons love your de
C. Maria
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!

“My demons love your demons like crazy”

I'm in love with this book. AMAZING I have no words to describe how wonderful and heart warming it is.

This was a big surprise. It's a wonderful love story about two medical residents that have suffered a lot of lost and grieve and when they find each other things are a lot better. And the epilogue is to die for - just so so cute!!

I liked how Diana T. Scott managed to write such amazing story and characters. I didn't hate one of them even if they were
Taylor Knight
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book and I'm so surprised by how much I loved it!
The story was different from anything else I've read and the characters were so well written.
I was a lot more emotionally invested in this book than I thought I would be. I would
definitely compared Our Demons to any of Colleen Hoover's books and even John Green.
I read this whole book in just a couple of sittings because I couldn't put it down. I don't often find a book that will keep me up late at night s
Rayene Ziadi
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If a Stephanie Perkins book and a Colleen Hoover's hooked up and had a baby it would be ODBF.
Just Like Ava said "Exactly what i demand from a good book- a healthy cry or a good laugh. this one had both"
I felt the same reading ODBF.
I flied through it, it was a fast read with amazing backstories and unique characters i found it cute, sweet and really funny, it also made me shed a tear or two every few chapters. i was really hooked!
the writing was down right beautiful and i related so much to Ava a
Humera gull
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
“You represented everything I could ever want and the one thing I was most terrified to ask for.”

SYNOPSIS:
Ava and Sebastian are two medical residents who in a perfect world, would really like each other. But both of them are closely watched by their demons. Their baggage is not light – Ava has hers carefully folded in vacuum bags to occupy as little room as possible; Sebastian wears his like a lead armor that makes him slouch sometimes. They like each other, but how are their demons going to g
Imogene Dacanay
Dec 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
First things first, the cover is stunning, and the blurb's truly promising. Thus, I expected a lot

OUR DEMONS, BEST FRIENDS is a simple book that contains deep messages. There were too many insights. Sensitive issues were tackled that even after several hours of reading it, of closing the book, I cannot stop thinking about it.

It was fast-paced. Seems like the author squeezed the story at 308 pages, where in fact, it could be prolonged.

The writing is forthright and pleasing enough, Ms. Sco
Casey Ann Books
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much!
Fans of John Green would lap this up! such an addicting book I didn't want to end!
Look out for Sebastian!! *swoon*
Kamalia
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. It's my first time doing one of these, and i must say it was quite exciting to get a book from an author. Our Demons, Best Friends is a contemporary romance written and published by the author herself, Diana T. Scott(thanks for sending me a copy, Diana!). I am rating the book 3.7 stars.

Firstly, i must express my love for the gorgeous cover. It's beautiful! I love the colours used and the illustration of Ava and Sebastian at
J. Kahele
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off the cover and the blurb are a fantastic fit for the book. I really loved Ava, she's a hardworker and strives for success. I don't know what it was with Sebastian but I wasn't too crazy about his character. The writing was fantastic, the only thing I felt was a little short was the romance between the two characters, I had hoped for just a tad more of it. ...more
Farah
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, for-review
so freakin' amazing! I loved this book so much! (review to come really soon) ...more
Merril Anil
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Grey's Anatomy in Paperback

Well for one, the title of the book is definitely is alluring and very captive. When it comes to the rest of the book I wouldn’t say that the book was exactly as thrilling and exciting as the title. But does that mean the book was bad? No absolutely not. For me personally, the book does not exactly promise anything fresh and unheard off but yes the setting is definitely different and hence why I have titled my review Grey's Anatomy in Paperback because its exactly th
Habiba Hasabo
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*COPY PROVIDED BY AUTHOR FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

Why did I want to read this book so bad? The title. Yup, the title of this book was so different for me. Demons and bestfriends? I want that.
And let me tell you, I was surprised.

"My demons love your demons like crazy, they have just needed each other, the same way I need you. I have a feeling they will be much better behaved from now on."~

Ava is this strong woman -who sometimes made me feel like she's stuck in highschool-, who insisted on her futur
Issy
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: will-go-back-to
Our Demons, Best Friends

I love it! A book which is a now near permanent companion in my bag, be if I'm going to college, or on a long train journey, I'm glad to have this book by my side! (Especially if I get to see Sebastian! Watch out girlies (and guys obviously)) Its a love story which shows the value of patience and good timing, the opening scene is set in the most unlikely of places which is a nice change.

Being honest I've never read romances, I find the concept of love one which I like

Laila Tarek
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*
BEAUTIFUL READ. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
The only thing I can say about this book that can convey my feelings towards it as much is I want to is that the words inside are as good as the art on the outside. And if you don’t find the cover of this book the most beautiful thing your eyes have ever laid on, then please go book an appointment at an ophthalmologist.

I knew this book would fuck me up from the very first beginning when I flipped and saw the playlist on the last page. Who on Earth woul
Devyn
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from Goodreads.

Sometimes a book should be judged by it's cover. I mean look at it! It's gorgeous! A beautiful face for a beautiful personality.
The contents of this book is just as well thought out and lovely as its cover. Ava and Sebastian are two medical residents working in the same hospital when they meet because of mutual friends and sparks fly, but do not ignite. Not yet. Not until both are willing to accept themselves and each other.
It's a slow, short and sweet romance
Farhina ↯↯ The Wanderer Of Inked Adventures
"My demons love yours like crazy"
I loved reading this book. I read it in two sittings would have in one but had to sleep at night because I was exhausted like crazy!!
I wanted something light and cheesy and this was the perfect blend for all that!! I got it yesterday and now I am finished with it!! I love the hospital dynamic involve. I loved the building and hot n coldness of the relationship. and the cute funny moments they shared that were totally oh and ah cute.
Antonia♥
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have no words to describe this wonderful book, which in a majestically way managed to change my life in a matter of days and left me begging for more. You know, I read a lot of love stories in the last 3 years or so, and each one of them was cute and entertained me, but I can count the ones that really stayed in my heart just with the fingers from one hand. Ava and Sebastian's story is unique, special and absolutely breathtaking and my favorite at this very moment. There is no doubt it will st ...more
Djihane   Ziadi
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Djihane by: rayene ziadi
Shelves: favs
-Our demons best friends- i must say that the title was the first thing that attracted me the first time I saw the book between Rayene’s hands; mostly it was the word “Demons” that jumped at me and had an influence on me.
I liked the book once I read the plot and I fell in love with it once I got to read it, because I really adored the way the author payed attention to all those little details that people often don’t notice, which made me literally imagine every action in the book like it’s happe
Sumaiya Mubeen
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let us begin with the prologue.Quite frankly,most of the prologues these days are way too mysterious and not understandable.But this book was an exception.I loved the prologue so much.
The story started slowly though.The details about Ava's character were too much.But suddenly the story progresses and then you understand that all the details were essential to feel Ava.
Ava is one of my favourite female protagonists.Everything she does seems perfect to me.She is neither too shy nor too outspoken.S
Ryley (Ryley Reads)
Thanks so much to the author for providing me a copy of this book for review. All opinions are my own.

I absolutely loved this book. Like read it in 3 hours straight, stayed up way too late to finished it, loved it.

This book was so amazing. It was a great New Adult romance, but with a genuine connection, built on friendship, not lust. Plus, they are first-year residents at a hospital, and it was so wonderfully "Grey's Anatomy" at some points I loved it so much.

Ava and Sebastian both have their is
Ania
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
It was a quick cute read - not mindblowing or lifechanging but it wasn't what I was looking for when I picked up the book.

There's a girl, there's a boy, they fall for each other, they go through some struggles but they end up together and that's what we are here for.

I have to say that I really liked Ava although sometimes I felt that her loneliness was a little bit forced. But hey, a likeable main character appears to be really difficult to get by these days, so big thumbs up.

Sebastian howeve
Sumaiyya
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Such a cute story! I know a looot of people have enjoyed it and I did too! I think it's great for a new writer. There are some things I would improve:
1. Better editing and proofreading. (I just found out the book was an ARC and the Editor is working on the proofreading! The final version will definitely be better!)
2. More descriptions to establish the scenes and mood.
3. A bit more focus on the secondary characters.

I hope anyone who reads the book enjoys it! Thanks so much to Diana, the author,
Hadia
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
OMG! This book is AMAZING. I was lucky enough to receive the ebook. Yay me!
I was in a reading slump and guess which book lifted it. Yup, you guessed it right. It was this one. I am so in love with the cover of this book.
Our Demons, Best Friends is a light and easy read but the topics are so relatable to someone like me. Diana's writing is amazing. It was just perfect. I finished Our Demons, Best Friends in one sitting. And, I have a major crush on Sebastian! He is just so...
Queen Nymeria
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely one of the best reads of 2015!
Once i flipped to the last page and realized it was over i couldn't get enough so i just started it all over again.
Thanks to Rayene for lending it to me ♥___♥
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
I read an ARC copy of this.

This was an emotional read. Both of them had some issues. Although based off the title most could figure that out. Their relationship was frustrating at times. I'm just glad that they got everything worked out in the end.
Alice Rachel
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautiful and heartbreaking.

The characters were so relatable, especially Ava. How horrible to feel like she's always coming second and can't make up for the loss in her parents' lives!

Beautiful book! Uh can we talk about the drop-dead gorgeous cover?! *hearty eyes*
Muskan
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-2016-reads
Precise Rating: 4.5

I was fortunate to be sent a copy of this book by the Author, in exchange of an honest review.

When I finished the book, I just sat there and thought what an amazing journey this book took me on. THIS IS A MUST FOR COLLEEN HOOVER FANS.
Ours Demons, Best Friends is my favourite book that I ever got in exchange of reviewing and is one of my favourite books so far this year (2016).

Things that make me fall in love with this book:

1. AVA- Our protagonist. I loved Ava because she is
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Todo lo que somos juntos (Deja que ocurra, #2)
  • Ojalá siempre
  • Tú y otros desastres naturales
  • Estamos hechos de gotas de lluvia (Cicatrices nº 2)
  • Imposible canción de amor
  • Todo lo que nunca fuimos (Deja que ocurra, #1)
  • April, Adam y la trayectoria de los planetas
  • Un cuento perfecto
  • Begin Again (Again, #1)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • La aventura de soñar despiertos
  • Nosotros en la Luna
  • Pregúntame por qué eres tú
  • Aquel último verano (Cabana, #1)
  • Mid-Life Love (Mid-Life Love, #1)
  • The Flatshare
  • La petición de Olivia
  • Marfil (Enfrentados, #1)
Diana T. Scott wants to live in a world where staying up all night reading is not only encouraged, but rewarded with a guilt-free day off from work and a foot massage.
Diana started writing almost four years ago and hasn't stopped since. She’s now proud to call herself a writer without feeling the need to defend the title.
When she’s not writing or researching new marketing strategies, she loves t

Half of Me (3 books)
  • Love Me While I'm Gone
  • Color Me Yours

News & Interviews

“My demons love your demons like crazy” 14 likes
“I knew tomorrow would be another battle, one that a few days back I wouldn't have even considered, but in that moment it was all I wanted to do. To be there, fighting. For you” 8 likes