Start by marking “Conscience (Bellator Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Conscience (Bellator Saga, #2)

Conscience

(Bellator Saga #2)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  236 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
An escape plan foiled….

A determined woman….

One last tiny sliver of hope….

Jack will find me.

The Fed wants answers. And Caroline is determined not to provide them. They pull out all the stops, testing her sanity, testing her strength, testing her humanity.

Jack will find me.

Subject to cruel and merciless treatment at the hands of a government she once trusted, Caroline clings
ebook
Published August 17th 2015 by Smashwords (first published August 15th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Conscience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conscience

S.M. West
5 DARK and AGONIZING STARS

The second book of this saga picks up right where it left off. Caroline, first lady of Pennsylvania,

CAROLINE GERARD McINTYRE

has been captured and is facing an uncertain fate but, we know it won’t be pretty.

If you like a great political thriller with loads of action and suspense, highly witty banter/dialogue and a seriously kick ass heroine, you will LOVE this series.

I’m not very knowledgeable about US politics; I don’t understand all the nuances and it doesn’t neces
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-for-review
**Amazon US**

The Bellator Saga has taken me on a slow seduction, teasing me with the beautiful past and luring me with the dark and disturbing present. As the series progresses its gaining incredible momentum of feeling and context becoming more and more intense, dramatic and emotive. The exploration of how things could potentially be if power was placed in the wrong hands makes this political thriller even more heart stopping.

The story once again toggles back and forth between the past and pre
Bibi
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-love-story
My word, I am wrecked. Review to come.

photo 320decba-bf5e-4e4c-9700-e471fc9260df_zpslhzuhve3.png
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5++ Brutally beautiful Stars
Super quick review as I have sooo many ARC's but I need to write some of my thoughts down..
 photo E79DA00B-2802-4B86-AB1D-75C34AC25BB2_zpsi7hypnds.jpg

Where to start? When you read books like this you want to go back a re-star all your past books as nothing quite adds up to a book that effects you like this.. That's how I feel here, this series is a magnitude of emotions for me. Trying to express my feelings is a tad tough I'm going to try though so here goes.

This book begins where Dissident finished, where Caroline is runn
Dee Montoya
*****5++++++ STARS******

(ARC kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

I'm clutching onto my kindle. My heart is pounding and tears are pouring down my face. I relish on the feelings brought on by this highly emotional and thrilling story. If I loved book one of The Bellator Saga, this second book I absolutely adored. The story keeps getting better and better...

photo image_zpsltyzxpu6.jpeg

The book starts as Caroline wakes up cuffed to a hospital bed after two weeks of being in intensive care. With the hel
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 "Deep, Emotional, Riveting" Stars

photo conscience 1_zpsw66jlilj.jpg

WOW.......This second book in The Bellator Saga Series hooked me and never let me go. It was Gripping, Mesmerizing, Sensual, Brutal, Exasperating and Wonderful. It managed to bring out every emotion under the sun- some that compelled me to happiness and others that drove me to despair and sadness. The author told the story in past and present narratives and IT WAS BRILLIANTLY EXECUTED is all I can say. The flow was effortlessly and driving.

Caroline was captur
Elizabeth
~5 Mind Blowing Stars~
"You and me. You're my heart Caroline. Nothing else matters."
Conscience is the second book in the Bellator Saga. You must read Dissident to fully enjoy this read. Told again through flashbacks and the horrors of the present, Conscience turns up the passion, increases the pain, and the mystery of the corrupt government begins to unfold.

description
"One day you'll pay for everything you've done."
As Conscience begins, Caroline wakes up in the Fed's Prison where the stakes are hig
Natalie The Biblioholic
I don't even know what to say here!!

drinking

I needed some liquid courage to keep reading this book! It tore me in freaking half!!

bawling

I've been bawling my eyes out for most of this book. Cecilia London has propelled herself into a spot on my favourites list. The writing? Phenomenal. Oh my gosh, this author can write her ass off! The plot? Twisty-turny, heart pounding, heart breaking, sensual, loving, torturous, etc.

Again... again I got complacent. I got so caught up in the back story. How Jack and Caroline w
Mo
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why not Five Stars? I gave the first one 4.5, rounded up to 5. Honestly, I think the storyline is great, the plot is great, the characters are great ... the author didn't need to go down the road of "kink" ... or whatever you want to call it. Spanking, etc. Not a prude by any means but I though the storyline was fine without the "extra"!

“Oh, Punky. You should afford to have a bit more humility. But the first goal is for you to stop cursing so much."
"Fuck that," Caroline said.
"You're failing m
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Conscience (Bellator Saga #2)
Author – Cecilia London
Publication Date – August 17, 2015
Genre – Romance/Suspense
Type – Part of Series
Cliffhanger – Oh Yeah
Rating – 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
Ok…so I can’t get over that cliffhanger and wondering what the hell is going to happen next! I have so many different scenarios running through my mind…especially one that I hope and pray isn’t what is going
~IreneOust~
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing

There are very few authors that make me pull an all-nighter and/or make me read a book in one sitting. I am talking 'walking through the house with my Kindle, bumping into things as in not wanting to put the book down because I want to know what's coming next' ... that kind of 'one sitting'! So yeah ... Cecilia London did that. With BOTH of her Bellator Saga books. If I thought I was addicted to Dissident then Conscience became my crack.

This wasn't an easy book to get through though. It was as
TeriLyn

**Conscience generously provided by the author & Give Me Books Blog in exchange for an honest review.**

LIVE! Get Conscience here!

5+ "You make all of this worthwhile." Stars

I don't know where to start so please forgive me if this review is all over the place. It's important to me for anyone reading this review to know that I do not normally read dystopian, politically thrilling romances, in fact I've never read one. I'm not into futuristic all that much. I abhor politics. But for some reason
Elfina Renee
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Cecilia London brings realism and darkness as she delves into the sick, twisted mindset of the Fed's interrogation practices against a captured political figure. Caroline Gerard. An endearing tale of survival, bravery when everything seems lost and bleak. This amazing author captivated me from the start. Shocked and wow me to where I couldn't put the book down. Every time Caroline suffered, so did I. I'm amazed by the character's strength, the will to live when everything was lost. With each stu ...more
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1) by Cecilia London Conscience (Bellator Saga, #2) by Cecilia London Sojourn (Bellator Saga, #3) by Cecilia London The Bellator Saga The First Trilogy (Bellator Saga, #1-3) by Cecilia London Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4) by Cecilia London Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5) by Cecilia London Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6) by Cecilia London

Book 2 of 6.

Book 1-3: The Bellator Saga I-III
Book 4: Phoenix
Book 5: Rhapsody
Book 6: Triumph

ARC provided to me by author Cecilia London in exchange for an honest review.
Kate's Corner
I am so fucking distraught right now. Don’t even get me started on how fucking sick (positive) and how emotionally I want to ball my fucking eyes out. What a book and well I’m just going to post my review. It might be ranting but I can’t help it.

photo 25894503_zpsbmdlwfxd.jpg

Be prepared to be dazzled by wonderful review. So this is the second book in the Bellator Saga and it was fantastic. Holy shit. But it won’t be rainbows and unicorns my friends. I can see why it gets high reviews as the plot of this story as well as
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Jack

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
This installment of the series is grittier and sexier at the same time. We learn more and we are horrified at the events taking place all at the same time. It’s not the darkest thing I’ve read, but there are dark moments so be prepared.

For a full review and yummy pic, see my
Dianne
Cecilia London’s Conscience is more darkness, more erotic heat-more horrific-more intense and brutal-more love story…simply put MORE. A new America has been torn from the womb of the old, twisted and misshapen, vile and dark. It’s blight is growing like a fungus and every political maggot in the country is growing fat while those who dare to speak against them are slowly being ferreted out, tortured, murdered or have gone missing. What has happened to the Land of the Free?

Caroline is held prison
Myla
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story continues as Caroline Gerald slowly gains consciousness of where she is and how desperately she wants to escape from the clutches of her captors. Caroline is a tenacious character that can endure any kind of hardship, with only the memory of the past to keep her going, her relationship with Jack, unconditional love for her daughters and friends that she considered family. Hoping against hope that…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What a spine-tingling continuation of book one from start to finish! Brace yourself for th
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
**ARC received in exchange of an honest review***

Complete post with excerpts and giveaway here:

I’ve read Conscience twice already and I can say this book kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end, not once but, twice! Even already knowing what would happen, the second time I read it I was still as eager as the first time!

The first time, I was up until almost 3 am reading it and I just couldn’t believe it!! Cecilia London has got to be my
dreamerinexile
After reading the book I had NO words. I was busy glaring at the author. Now after a week. Here's my review.

Chained by monsters waiting to be torn apart 5 gold stars

*An ARC kindly provided for an honest review for Wicket Women Book Blog*

Holy Batman in Heaven! I think I prefer Joker’s sadistic sense of humor to this insanity that was Conscience. And the ride isn’t over yet. My heart literally felt like it would be ripped out of my chest, the way it was pounding. This nail-biter series is truly ep
kristen
Y'all. THIS BOOK. THIS SERIES. Get. Now.

I'm a writer as well as a reader, so I know how annoying and borderline offensive it is to authors to have someone scream at them to write faster. I do. I promise.

That being said.

WRITE FASTER, LONDON. FAAAASSSSTTEERRRRRRRR.

Holy hell, this book series. I've started ordering my friends to read this, sending text messages and emails all over the globe with links to purchase. It has been years since I read something like this and I am so grateful to London
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Oh good lord, wow. This is not your typical romance novel. If you’re looking for fluff, go pet a dog – Conscience contains serious substance, intense emotion and a lot of violence. The second in the series, this installment is pretty raw…it rips your guts out and proudly places them on display after parading them around the room. If you thought that Dissident was gritty, you better hold on to your seat because things are about to get a whole lot bleaker before they get better.

I swear, this is al
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
DNF - Chapter 16 of 40

I made it through the first book in the trilogy, Dissident, giving it three stars (See my review). I really struggled to connect with the second book. The pacing is incredibly slow and the story feels drawn out. The amount graphic violence depicted in virtually every chapter made it even more difficult to get through. I thought I was almost done, but when I realized I was only on chapter 16 of 40, I had to throw in the towel. Keep in mind that this is a six book series foll
Patty
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
***5 STARS!!!!***
**I received an advanced copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. All quotes taken from a pre-published copy may be altered or omitted from the final version.**

OPENING LINES

The Hospital
Caroline Gerard hated hospitals. In a seriously paranoid, irrational way. The labor and delivery section, generally a sage haven even when surrounded by sickness and death, was no exception."

40 chapters later and I'm a freaking mess!!
How is it possible that this women can write yet a
Ang~Dirty Laundry Review
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Our favorite protagonists are back and stronger than ever. The heat was seriously turned up in this installment. Cecilia London brought Caroline and Jack to new heights. The sex scenes are still seriously hot but the intimacy has been turned up a notch. The stakes are much higher in Conscience.

By now we know that Jack and Caroline are involved in some sort of underground movement to bring down the current administration. Caroline has been dragged to the Fed where she is being kept prisoner. She’
1-Click Addict Support Group
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another Bellator novel starts off with an intense, page-turning beginning! A darker and more sensual step in this series made this a enjoyable read. The suspense throughout the entire book had my heart fluttering.

Reading Conscience, I could see a full-out television show in my head. Part government drama, part erotic romance, part Survivor! The action was intense. The sex? Delicious.

Jack, Jack, Jack. He was his usual self. Maybe even sweeter...

"I was hoping, if you weren't too busy during the
Cecilia London
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-wrote-that
This is a hard book for me to review, and I wrote it! It's got a little bit of everything - loads of hot sex, plenty of romance, friendship, angst, love...and yes, it gets dark. There is violence in this book. There is suffering in this book. This is not a dark romance. It is an erotic love story containing dark elements that are completely separate from the relationship between Caroline and Jack. Totalitarian regimes do not play well with others, and I do not gloss over that fact.

This may be m
Jaime - Bookagami by Jaime
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

For Full Review - Check out my blog!
www.curiouskindlereader.com
www.facebook.com/CuriousKindleReader
www.twitter.com/CuriousKReader

I received an ARC from the author... (more like begged) after I finished her first book in the Bellator Saga, Dissident. Because Ms. London loooooves a cliff hanger ending, but honestly, I do to.

This book though, Conscience was far more darker, gritty, suspenseful and down right hot-as-fuck. As the blurb describes.... we pick up right where Dissident ended with Carol
Bianca
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

How do I put into words this masterpiece of a book? Cecilia. You slay me with your words. This story? I cried, I laughed, I cried some more. I simply lived.

We are immediately thrown into the story the moment it begins. The Fed wants answers. And Caroline refuses to give it to them.They stop at nothing to get her to talk. She is physically and emotionally broken down. A shell of what she is, all she has left are her memories. But d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Twenty-One (Emerald Cove #2)
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • Legacy (The Freaks MC, #3)
  • Yours Always
  • Accidental Alpha (A is for Alpha Male #3)
  • Counsellor (Acquisition, #1)
  • The Raven Room (The Raven Room, #1)
  • Circle of Dreams (The Quytel Series Book 1)
  • Unblocked - Episode Three (Timber Towers, #3)
  • Where the Sun Hides (Seasons of Betrayal, #1)
  • Twisted Magic (Raven's Cove #1)
  • Unlikely Allies
  • Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #9)
  • Collision (Fight for Life #1)
  • Domesticated
  • Night Shifts Black (NSB, #1)
  • Losing Her (His, #2)
  • Dubious (Bitter Vine, #1)
Cecilia London is the pen name of a native Illinoisan currently living in San Antonio, Texas. She's filled several roles over the course of her adult life - licensed attorney, wrangler of small children, and obsessed baseball fan, among others. An extroverted introvert with a serious social media addiction, she is the author of The Bellator Saga, an epic, genre-crossing romance series. You can cat ...more

Bellator Saga (6 books)
  • Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1)
  • Sojourn (Bellator Saga, #3)
  • Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)
  • Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5)
  • Triumph (Bellator Saga, #6)
"Fuck that," Caroline said.
"You're failing miserably."
"I haven't even started yet.”
0 likes
“Jeffrey Murdock is a colossal turd."
"Can I stitch that on a sampler and put it on Etsy?"
"Sure.”