Start by marking “When a Beta Roars (A Lion's Pride, #2)” as Want to Read:
When a Beta Roars (A Lion's Pride, #2)

When a Beta Roars

(A Lion's Pride #2)

How degrading. Stuck babysitting a woman because his alpha said so. As Pride Beta, he has better things to do with his time, like washing his impressive mane, hunting down thugs for fun, and chasing tail—sometimes his own if his lion is feeling playful.

But his babysitting job takes an unexpected turn when the woman he’s assigned guard duty over turns out to be his mate.

A f
Published July 9th 2015 by Eve Langlais (first published July 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about When a Beta Roars, please sign up.
Cassandra It does mention events from book one but you can read separately. Everything you need to know is explained within the book.

Start your review of When a Beta Roars (A Lion's Pride, #2)
ȷαεlα
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it

I like shifter romance books and I like it when there's a inter-species blend, like lion and wolf in this case, but I have to stop with this series. Not my sort of books, unfortunately :/ Although this book was better than the first one, I must say.

If you want to read something fast-paced and light, this series might look interesting. There a are a lot of funny moments, too.
Stacey is Sassy
I got my ROAR...

I listened to the first book in the series and had a chuckle when the narrator very blandly says roar in the roary bits. So, when I started up this little gem, I was curious to see how this narrator would perform it. Well, lo and behold, our narrator this time is a bit of a comedian. He R-O-A-R-S!! Like, full on, growly roars. Seriously, it was FUNNY!!

This story was very funny with a touch of the serious too. The heroine is in danger and running for her life. The hero, while
Stephanie  G
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pride Beta Hayder isn't happy being stuck with babysitting duty. He has more important things to do but what the alpha wants, the alpha gets. Turns out, it's the best job he's ever been given when he discovers the curvy little wolf shifter he's to protect is his fated mate. He doesn't care that her former pack is out to get her back. Arabella is his and he'll not stand for anything getting in the way of claiming his female. Arabella and her allergies included!

When A Beta Roars is just as enterta
Aly is so frigging bored
Ms Langlais' books are always hilarious. ALWAYS
Punya Nayak
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Eve Langlais never fails to make me smile. Her books are funny, sexy and I usually can't put them down until I read the end. She writes books which can get me out of a reading slump. Did this book bend my mind with amazingness? No. Was it cheesy as hell? Yes. But it did make me smile. Like an idiot.

When A Beta Roars is just as entertaining as When An Alpha Purrs but with a better romance between the main characters. Arabella is coming from an abusive mating. After her mate dies (thank god!) Ara
Diana Rising
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wolves, felines
The heroine is a wolf shifter, and she just can't figure the hero out. The wolf shifters in this story are almost all total jerks. They are abusive to females, and give females zero respect. The heroine was in a bad marriage to the alpha of her pack, and now is a rich widow. Because of the abuse, her inner wolf is in hiding, and she is always ready to kowtow to the males to avoid their fists. Her bodyguard, the hero, gets annoyed at the kowtowing and totally pushes her to get her to push back an ...more
Melanie
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

Eve Langlais does it again with When a Beta Roars. This book starts pretty much where When an Alpha Purrs ends. The pride Beta has been give the job of babysitting the wolf alpha’s sister who is running from her old pack after leaving an abusive relationship. This is not the job he is looking for, but his alpha insists to help with the alliance between the pride and the pack. That is until he meets the woman he is babysitting. She is his fated mate.

Ara
Erin Burns
I’ve been putting this one off after the relative disappointment that was When an Alpha Purrs. I just couldn’t handle the relative disappointment. But I shouldn’t have been worried. This story was freaking adorable.

Bear with me, I am going to be doing a bunch of comparing to the previous book in the series. It was just such a 180 change. Arabella didn’t start out feisty and then devolve into a wishy-washy dish rag of a heroine. She started out a cringing mess as the result of past abuse and bein
Chumchum_88
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok this one has more action than the previous book some it deals with two different types of shifters so basically it turned into sort of animal politics XD

- The hero since the beginning was funny and sarcastic and in here he was arrogant about his looks and such and ppl would think as expect of a lion XD

- The heroine was a widow wolf shifter, really her previous life sucked big time with her asshole of an dead ex, and I can't believe even after his death the dude was mean enough to cause her
Mel
Another 5 Stars for Eve Langlais’s When a Beta Roars. I probably enjoyed this book a little more than the first book in the series. The first book was more about the banter and sex while this book is more about nurturing a developing relationship with a little more plot and action thrown in. Hayder is an arrogant lion but at the same time is very supportive of Arabella. Throughout the book, Hayder somehow remains his alpha self while still being able to help Arabella build up her broken self-est ...more
Rhonda Jones
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved This Book

When lions fall the Earth shakes and the sky roars. Or maybe that was Hayder roaring. Just goes to show, the arrogant lion shifter has a heart of gold. The way he dealt with his damaged mate to bring her back dignity and confidence was, sigh .... I don't even have the words to describe how I feel. This book was so good!
Priya
*****5 awesome starts *****
I loved this book and it made me laugh from the start which was pretty good...
description
This was me at the start of the book and when I finished it, well what can I say, it was pretty damn good...
First of all the cover of this book was hooooootttttt.... Loved it
description
My favorite part of the book was when Hayder found out that his mate was allergic to him, that moment was just epic, it was an amazing moment and I did feel sorry for him though, but still funny...
He took a step
MyMoonlightBird
Oct 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* You need to read the previous book to fully understand all the references and dynamics in this book.

Hayder has a new mission, protect the sister of the wolf alpha of their city, as she has fled the abusive pack after her mate died. What nobody told him was that Arabella is totally gorgeous and also very, very timid. Arabella has barely escaped her old pack, as she is being threatened for the fortune she inherited after her mate died. Now her old pack found her and will do everything in their p
Jacque
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! Eve Langlais has done it again with When A Beta Roars. This second entry into the A Lion's Pride had me laughing from the very beginning. Hayder is quite the hoot and quite the ladies’ man. He's unfortunately tasked with babysitting a woman, which he thinks is way below his lofty Beta status. Arabella is a widowed wolf. Abused and beaten down by her previous mate, suddenly she a hot commodity by the members of her pack. Maybe it has something to do with her now being rich, and whoever get ...more
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Jul 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book cracked me up. I loved the concept of this story. A wolf shifter having allergies and being allergic to her new found mate who is a lion. What a concept. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

I have not read book 1 of this series yet but I am going to go back and read it next. Even though this is part of a series it can be read as a stand alone. This is written as a multi pov.

I loved the characters in this book. They are all written so well, the story concept was fantastic and easy to
TINNGG
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vamp-were
Let's say 3.5

I'm mostly ok with it. The parts I have a difficult time with are the ones where the h is a battered woman, because while she's somewhat hesitant and/or cautious at times, she's not nearly as cowed as one would expect, given that we see glimpses of her past in the form of her nightmares.

Well, that and the lions keep taking her out in public, assuring her she's safe, and she keeps getting kidnapped. Not sure who to blame for that. I *think* in the first book the Furry United Coalitio
Emily
Pride Beta Hayder is not happy about his newest assignment, babysitting a wolf shifter who is in danger. He has other things to do, like tame his mane. However he did not plan for the timid shifter to be his mate, with his black book full Hayder was not ready to settle with his mate. As the mating bond becomes harder to resist Hayder has to convince his lovely mate Arabella that they are meant to be together, even if she is gun shy.

Very fun read. Loved Hayder, he is arrogant and typical cat shif
Darcy
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2015, pnr, shifters
I found myself laughing when reading this one. I loved how Hayder wouldn't take no for an answer with Arabella, but didn't it in a way that wasn't creepy or mean spirited. Instead he seemed to build her up at every turn, encouraged her to be herself, strong and confident.

Arabella's reaction to the lionesses was great! It gave her a different way to see how women were in a pack/pride situation.

I loved how by the end Arabella stood up for herself and became the person she was meant to be.
Ivy Deluca
description
Funny, sweet shifter romance i’ve come to expect from Ms. Langlais and just what I needed after a darker, angsty read. I adored Hayder and his patience and protectiveness, I liked Arabella and her journey from abused to powerful. It's a simple shifter story with some humor and insta-love. A good entry in this series and I’m looking forward to the next.
JG
The second book in Eve Langlais' A Lion's Pride series is still outrageously funny, very sexy and sweet with a lion shifter whose fated mate happens to be a wolf shifter. The ribbing from the pride may make Hayder break out in hives but the sweet and delectable Arabella is so worth the trouble for him. Now if he can only get rid of the other stupid canines out to hurt his baby then everything would be fine. Except for the lionesses' heckles. This is still very much a lighthearted and quick read ...more
Jess
Jun 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, eve-langlais
Laugh out loud funny! I forgot I preordered this one and then got a nice surprise when I turned on my kindle wireless. I really like the way Langlais tells her story. She has a great mix of humor, plot intensity and romance. I just wish she wrote faster!

If I had to compare her to another author I think I would say her humor is most similar to Shelley laurenston. Both have strong female characters and very odd (but humorous) cast of characters.

Loved it!
Suzan
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
Loved this book, so funny! I loved Hayder and Arabella! I was happy to see Hayder encouraging Arabella to reclaim her sass and independence! She needed someone that would support her and build her up again instead of tearing her down like her worthless dead mate did! I loved how he brought her back to the awesome individual she was before she'd been mated to an ass! Her and Hayder were great together! Can't wait for the next book to see how Leo handles Meena declaring herself his mate!
Debbie
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in the Lion's Pride series, When A Beta Roars. And boy does Hayder roar. Stuck babysitting Arabella who was in a bad marriage to the alpha of her pack, and now is a rich widow. When Hyder finds out the abuse she had to take from her mate and his fellow pack members Ryder does everything in his power to keep her safe because she is his mate. Really enjoying this series but I love all of Eve's books!
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
3.5 stars.

I feel like a broken record when I come to Eve Langlais because anything I have read from her has always been sexy and funny, and When a Beta Roars is no exception. I thought there was less sex (not really a complaint), but the funny dialogue and inner monologue, and fun chemistry between Hayder and Arabella made it so I didn't miss it at all. A great read if you are in the mood for fun, light and somewhat silly.
AWB
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhhh thank goodness for Eve Langlais. Even though I thought the first book in this series lacked the humor Ive come to rely on this author for, this one turned that right back around. The H was an adorable idiot, and my but I love those. I felt terrible for the h, but was so happy with the pairing of her and the H. They worked so well together.
Hollie
This was a sweet but predictable shifter romance. I didn't get a good feel for the hero and heroine and their connection/relationship so I think that's what kept me from really liking this book. It was cute and fast paced but nothing original. I'll still likely read more in this series though.
Gail Koger
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

What a great story. I loved it. The relationship between the main characters was well done and a terrific ending.
Mayte Urse
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nice and funny but not as good as the First one in the serie, I really still in love with Arik... Hayder is nice but not perfect....
Jennifer Miller
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun

These books have been a lot of fun and they let you know each member of the pride. I'm looking forward to the other stories
Ava
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, humor
Second book about lion shifters, Beta not far different from his alpha. Mr can't stand split end.
His mane, fabs mane.
A lion with a wolf.... that was a first for me. I watched decades ago the Underworld with the vampire and Lycans never really got to watch all or even the sequel but from what I heard or understood. Vampire and Lycans got something. But here it was the first mix and very funny with all that stand between them at first.
Looking at humor, I got it but it wasn't like I was expected.N
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Bride Of The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack #1)
  • Shifter Shenanigans
  • Sa bête cyborg (Les épouses interstellaires: La Colonie #4)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Feral (Wolf Ranch, #3)
  • Claimed by her Cougar (Cougar Creek Mates #1)
  • Stalker of Mine
  • Wild (Wolf Ranch, #2)
  • Purr For The Alpha (Timber Valley Pack, #2)
  • Vampire Temptation (Real Men of Othercross #3)
  • Shift Just Got Real (Bear Bites, #3)
  • Rough (Wolf Ranch, #1)
  • Rebecca (Alpha Marked, #4)
  • High House Ursa: The Complete Bear Shifter Box Set
  • Always Be My Banshee (Mystic Bayou, #4)
  • Jaguar Fever (Heart of the Jaguar, #2)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to al

A Lion's Pride (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • When an Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride, #1)
  • When an Omega Snaps (A Lion's Pride, #3)
  • A Tiger's Bride (A Lion's Pride, #4)
  • When a Lioness Snarls (A Lion's Pride #5)
  • When a Lioness Pounces (A Lion's Pride, #6)
  • When A Lioness Growls (A Lion's Pride, #7)
  • When a Lioness Hunts (A Lion's Pride, #8)
  • When a Tigon Weds (A Lion's Pride #9)
  • When a Liger Mates (A Lion's Pride #10)
  • Taming a Bear (A Lion's Pride #11)