Start by marking “Jingle Boy” as Want to Read:
Jingle Boy

Jingle Boy

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old Paul Nicholas is a self-confessed Christmas fanatic. That’s why he’s so smitten with Sarah—a girl who smells like peppermint and thinks picking out presents to the strains of “Winter Wonderland” is the ultimate afternoon activity. But when he catches Sarah making out with Santa Claus at the Paramus Park mall, his dad’s over-the-top lights catch the Nichola ...more
Published September 23rd 2003 by Delacorte

To ask other readers questions about Jingle Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jingle Boy

Angela
Jan 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marci
Shelves: young-adult
Great seasonal read! For those who have tons of Christmas spirit and those who are totally bah-humbug. Great characters, great twists, great resolution. Fun for this time of year!
Barbara Hackel
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This young adult book shows how hard it is to be a teenager at times. Just when everything seems perfect to Christmas freak Paul, his world falls apart. The most wonderful time of the year-the most glorious holiday is suddenly his biggest nightmare. His house almost burns down. His mom loses her job, and his girlfriend is kissing Santa Claus. Even his best friend in the world, Holly, is helpless to stop his revenge. It takes some serious pranks and trouble with the law (misguided but still troub ...more
✨Jinglemarco✨  Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

...And fluffier than fake snow it is!
Well, I thought it would have been better, but all in all I was only slighty disappointed.

What I liked:
-Every chapter's title is the title of a Christmas carol or a verse of one of them.
-The Christmassy details.
-(view spoiler)
-Aspen, Colorado is mentioned! <3
-Mall North Pole.
-Five characters have Christmas names. THe fact isn't explained, but I think that contributes to an aura of mystery.

What I didn't
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
It isn't too often that young adult authors write about the holidays, but the guy on the cover sells this book to students![return][return]When sixteen-year-old Paul Nicholas falls for young Sarah, a lively girl filled with similar holiday cheer, Paul thinks that this Christmas is going to be the best ever, but mishaps and dramas soon lead Paul into a downward spiral that turns him into just the type of pessimistic and gloomy person he's always disliked.
oliviasbooks
Pretty predictable: Oh well, I knew almost right from the start how the story would process. That happens to the best novels as well, sometimes. But then you like the characters, you enjoy the dialogue ... This was just the story of a Christmas-loving high-school kid in love with a shallow new girl, whose life gets run over by Christmas-related things which turn him temporarily into a Christmas-hater bent on revenge and - on the way - his affections into a more appropriate direction. So what?
Courtney Johnson
This was a fun book. It reminded me of the movie skipping Christmas in parts. I thought it got a little out of hand in the middle, but it ended on a positive note. Santa coming to visit him and bring him to Holly however was very weird. So many thoughts were going through my head at this point, and none of them were "wow, this is so cool." This was overall a very fun holiday read but one I won't be reading again.
Megan Anderson
It was only okay and more than a little predictable. I didn't really care for any of the characters, nor did I like the "preachy" ending or the slapstick efforts of the protagonist to ruin Christmas for everyone. I could see this appealing to kids, but it seems like it would work better as a cheap made-for-TV Christmas special than a novel. Medocre at best.

2/5 on here, 4/10 for myself
Robyne
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, 2013-reads
Another amusing Christmas story for teens. Paul is obsessed with all things Christmas but this year it seems that the world is out to ruin his year. Everything that could go wrong is to the point that Paul loses his holiday spirit and joins an anti-Christmas group. The only one who can help Paul get back on the right track is the big guy in red.
April Suter
What do you do when your girlfriend dumps you for another Santa, your dad gets hurt putting up Christmas lights, your mom loses her job, your best friend, Holly (which is a girl) is mad at you? You join a Christmas Hatters Group even though your last name is Nicholas. Paul needs to find the Christmas Spirit before Christmas comes.

230 pages
Evi
Dec 19, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
At first I didn't like Paul. He was so so stupid. But after his character start to change and slowly I began to like him and the story. But then Santa appear and ruined everything. -.- Santa. All flesh and blood. And he "give a ride to Paul with his sleigh".
Why? Just why?
Rene
Feb 05, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becca Packer
Cute quick christmas read. I liked it until the epilogue which made no sense at all but hey when you are friends with santa claus anything can happen.
Zoey
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book!
Stephen
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Light fun in a christmas read but not everyone's cup of tea. The story does get better toward the end but overall I was pretty happy to have finished it.
Emily - This star won't go out
Jan 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Most people, mainly girls
Recommended to Emily - This star won't go out by: I found it myself =)
Lol This book is a little weird, but it has a great and exciting story =)
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
I just wanted a cute christmas story...snooze fest!
Yol
Ashley
Jul 29, 2016
Spencer
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was OK. Too much cussing though.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Traitor's Chase (The Last Musketeer, #2)
  • A Robertson Family Christmas
  • The Mystery of Silas Finklebean (Freddy and the French Fries, #2)
  • Life Is Too Short
  • Play to the Angel
  • The Crystal Code (Billionaire, #4)
  • Ai Yori Aoshi, Volume 2
  • E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet: A Novel
  • A Novel Seduction
  • The Dark Zone (Galahad, #4)
  • The Chronicles of Blarnia
  • Claws
  • Clara Claus (Snowflake Triplet #1)
  • North Pole High: A Rebel Without a Claus
  • The Clueless Girl's Guide to Being a Genius
  • The Choice is Yours: Life Happens. Walking with God is a decision.
  • Devotions for the God Girl: A 365-Day Journey
  • Darla's Story (Ashfall, #0.5)
Kieran Scott is an author of young adult fiction including the upcoming TRUE LOVE TRILOGY (May 2014) and the HE'S SO/SHE'S SO TRILOGY, which includes SHE'S SO DEAD TO US, HE'S SO NOT WORTH IT and THIS IS SO NOT HAPPENING. Her other books include the Non-Blonde Cheelerader trilogy, Geek Magnet and Jingle Boy. She also writes Alloy Entertainment books under the pseudonym Kate Brian, including the SH ...more
More about Kieran Scott

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“When Dad was a kid, he wanted to be a lumberjack, but unfortunately he'd been cursed with the build of an accountant and the brain of an astrophysicist. These qualities had combined to make him the third-most-visited orthodontist in northern New Jersey.” 1 likes
“Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I never leave the house without [my Santa hat]. In fact, I pretty much never leave my room without it. I honestly don't know how this habit started and believe me, I'd break myself of it if I could, but I'm a little bit OCD about the Santa hat. Whenever I try to put it away, I get this horrible, overwhelming feeling that somehow Christmas will be destroyed if I do.” 1 likes