Start by marking “All the Little Fathers” as Want to Read:
All the Little Fathers

All the Little Fathers

Animals have fathers, just like you. Fathers that play with them, care for them, and love them. All the fathers are looking after their children in this fun and playful story by Margaret Wise Brown, author of the children's classics Goodnight Moon and Runaway Bunny.
Published May 8th 2015 by Parragon Inc.

To ask other readers questions about All the Little Fathers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Little Fathers

❀Aimee❀ Just one more page...
Just in time for Father's Day! This is an adorable addition for a toddler's library, especially for those that treasure Margaret Wise Brown! The illustrations pair fantastically with the simple prose. Each page features a different animal father engaged in activities with their little ones, culminating in putting their children to bed. This is perfect short bedtime book for the littlest of ones.
Melki
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidstuff
This is really nothing more than a short tale about fathers and their young'uns to be read as a bedtime story . . . preferably by dad.

The artwork by Marilyn Faucher, however, is simply stunning.

description

description

Each page is a visual treat, and manages to make up for a lack of real story.
Hilary
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
A sweet little book showing all the animal fathers doing specific things with their children, whether jumping or roaring or swinging, and then all putting them to bed. I think my toddler will love the detailed illustrations, and I love the concept of engaged fatherhood.

Disclaimer: I received a free copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Dan
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Great artwork, but really lacks any substance. It's mostly a bedtime story book that is supposed to be read by fathers to their kids, and this is a really weak selling point. Like I said great art cannot save or make a great children's book alone.
Autumn
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
We received this book from NetGalley to give an honest review.

I read this to K last night and he seemed to be okay with it, the only question he asked was why are the animals calling their children, children? He said they are not children they have names for what they are. Which he is right, example in the story we have a father rabbit hopping with his children which should be called kits or kitten, bears should be called cubs and so forth. The story is very short and to the point I would recomm
Jay
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
This copy kindly provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publisher

A very simple & cute bedtime story for very young children.
John
Feb 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Why do some animals talk, but it has a lot of words? Lot, lot, lot of words.
Alex (not a dude) Baugh
Aug 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Everyone is familiar with Margaret Wise Brown’s iconic works Good Night Moon and The Runaway Bunny, but she wrote so much more than just those two books. Many of her books were discovered after Brown’s untimely death at age 42 in 1952 - it boggles the imagination to think about what she could have accomplished had she lived longer. Now, many of her books are being published in new editions for yet another generation of young readers already falling asleep to the soothing text in Good NIght Moon. ...more
Ellen Klock
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a perfect bedtime story for a father to read to his preschooler. Even moms can join in the fun. The color illustrations by Marilyn Faucher are whimsical, capturing the joy of each animal dad frolicking with his child out in the wilderness. Add the visual with the rhythmic cadence of Margaret Wise Brown's writing style, perfect for those tiny ears. My only complaint is that the correct terminology for the animal children should have been used, such as kitten, puppy, cub. This would help the ...more
Siina
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: beta-review, e-books, kids
All the Little Fathers is a story about animals that have fathers just like us and how they also do stuff with their kids. From kid's perspective this surely sounds great and the idea is lovely, even if a bit too rosy. It was great of Brown to show what the animal fathers do with their kids - all the things were something they surely do in real life too. So this is quite wonderful for keeping the animals animals and not making them human-like. I just didn't get the point of the little fathers, r ...more
Rana G.
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: All the Little Fathers
Author: Margaret Wise Brown, Marilyn Faucher
Publisher: Parragon Inc
Pub Date: May, 8th, 2015
Page count: 30
Genre: picture book, Animals, Children's, toddlers
Source: NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review
Format: e-ARC
Rating: adore
Cover: 9\10
Review:

All the Little father is a cute, adorable picture book for toddlers, that tell a story of Animal fathers and their sons in the wilderness. Wonderful for every child's first reads.

My 2-year-old brother enjoyed the illus
Sharon Tyler
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All the Little Fathers by Margaret Wise Brown and Marilyn Faucher is a wonderful picturebook, and just in time for Father's Day. Animals have fathers, just like you. Fathers that play with them, care for them, and love them. All the fathers are looking after their children in this fun and playful story.

All the Little Fathers is a very sweet picturebook depicting a variety of animal fathers caring for and playing with their children. There is a wide variety of ways the father's interact with thei
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
With Father's Day right around the corner this little picture book will stir a child's imagination as to the things fathers do for and with them out of love.  In this book animals are the fathers and it is fun to see  and read about their paternal connection with their children within the animal kingdom.

What are some of your childhood memories with your father that left you knowing he loved you? Have you seen any animals making this special connection?

It does not have to be Father's Day to make
Li Or
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
* About the story: There is no story. Each page just shows what different animals do with their children (eg "All the bear fathers were catching fish with their children", "All the dog fathers were giving their children bones to chew" etc.). I suppose it's a good way to introduce children to different animals and to how different animals behave.

* About the artwork: Painted in watercolour, the artwork is full of colour and is very vibrant. Something about the art style feels a little naive and no
Stephanie
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
A perfect bedtime story for fathers to read to their kids. Beautiful illustrations and simple phrasing make this book perfect for toddlers. Each page captures what a different animal father might do for their children; for example giraffe fathers help their kids reach the tall leaves. The illustrations are what really shine and children will love seeing and learning about the different animals. A great activity for dads and kids.

This book was received for free in return for an honest review.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
All the Little Fathers is a book showing various engaged fathers. Each page is a different animal showing the fathers and their children doing something whether it is roaring, swinging or jumping. I love this idea as it is important for fathers to spend time with their children. At the end, the fathers put them all to bed. Wonderful illustrations accompany the text. A great book for all little ones to share with their dads. I loved it.

Thank you Netgalley and Parragon Inc. for the opportunity to
Tanja
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet little bedtime story that will be treasured by fathers and children. Different animal fathers show all the fun they have with their animal kids throughout the day, playing, roaring, jumping, caring for each other and having the best of times. The simple, repetitive text will encourage children to read along. The lovely illustrations accompanying the story add to the overall appeal of the book.
Meghan Nels
All the Little Fathers by Margaret Wise Brown is a perfect gift for any father on Father's Day. Fathers and their children can joyfully read about animal fathers and their children. Minimal words accompanied by bright, beautiful, and colorful pictures illustrate the many activities different father animals participate in with their young. All the Little Fathers is a picture book that can be read at any time but will have the most meaning as a bedtime story.
Corie
Jun 04, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015-summer
A sweet children's book with beautiful, touching photos of fathers and their children. This would be a wonderful book for bedtime or snuggle time. I want to buy this book to have for my husband to read over and over to our children. There are so many books about mommies and their children but not as many about dads. Perfect Father's Day gift!
Katlynn Parsons
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children
Recommended to Katlynn by: NetGalley
I received this book in exchange for an honest review through NetGalley.

Adorable book about animals and their children. Makes for a cute bedtime story, considering the last page is the children being tucked in. Illustrations are phenomenal!
Dana
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This simple little book about different animal and insect fathers playing and interacting with their children has lovely illustrations. I think it would be a nice Father's Day book for a child to give to their father for them to enjoy together. I received this book free to review from Netgalley.
Angel
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story was very simple and a great book for father's to read to their children. However, the illustrations were immaculate!! Beautiful picture book! Reviewed through Netgalley for an honest review.
Katie
May 30, 2015 added it
Gorgeous!
Andréa
Note: I received a digital ARC of this book through NetGalley.
Brandy Wilkes
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and simplistic.

Rosie
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
To buy for my Gracie girl.
Elizabeth
Cute
Mary Foxe
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Note: I received a free copy from NetGalley.

This was a cute book, but the Kindle Edition I received was a mess so I could not fully enjoy it.
Lauren White
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute story about fathers in nature. Wished it ended with a human father and child though
« previous 1 3 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p