Start by marking “Something Beautiful (Beautiful, #2.6)” as Want to Read:
Something Beautiful (Beautiful, #2.6)

Something Beautiful

(Beautiful #2.6)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  13,266 ratings  ·  1,191 reviews
America Mason, a sassy undergrad at Eastern State University, is in love with a Maddox--Shepley Maddox. Unlike his cousins, Shepley is more lover than fighter, but a road trip to her parents' home in Wichita, Kansas could mean the next step, or the end of everything.
Published August 18th 2015 by Jamie McGuire, LLC

·  13,266 ratings  ·  1,191 reviews

Karoline
A este paso Jamie va a terminar haciendo un libro hasta de Toto (el perro).

*********************************************
Nothing personal, this Just bored me to death.
Georgina ☽ 2greekgirlsreading
.DISAPPOINTING.

It pains me to give this book such low rating cause I loved this couple so much in 'Beautiful Disaster' but this was terrible!

This book had me bored from the first chapter. It didn't have a point. The only thing that the book contained was Shepley and America's internal monologues about marriage and an ending so predictable and boring I almost drooled on my precious tablet.
I expected so much more from this.

I know... I know.. Travis&Abby sells. We get that. But was it really
Cristina
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Abby and Travis are my most favorite couple in the world and Travis is my UBB (Ultimate Book Boyfriend)...so I couldn't pass the opportunity to read about their life a little bit more.

description

True...this book is about America (Abby's best friend) and Shepley (Travis's cousin) and their story but here and there we get glimpses of Abby and Travis's story and their happily ever after :D

Ok ok...enough spoilers :P

America and Shepley have been together a long time and their road has been rocky sometimes but
Geo Marcovici
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Translation widget on the blog!!!
O carte plină de suspans și emoții. O iubire pusă la încercare si doua personaje puternice care au știut sa profite de șansa oferită de soarta. Mare și Shepley sunt impresionanti! O iubire care a cunoscut durerea fără margini înainte de a atinge fericirea si pacea.
Recenzia mea completa o găsiți aici:
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
3.5 "She's My Happily Ever After" Stars!
(BR with Sharon)

photo 67287a9a-f7f8-4c1d-b4a9-b8dac2852ba6_zps9mazy5bx.jpg

This is a short novella about how Shelpley Maddox & America met. We see how crazy Shep was over Mare from the first moment he laid eyes on her. We also get their first date & a good bit of Travis & Abby too since they are all best friends & living in Eakins, Illinois. Shep & Mare have some issues to work through & we get some drama with a tornado. That part went on a little too long for my liking. I like some angst
Vanessa Gilbert
May 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shepley is a sweetheart
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 Something Beautiful ★'s

“Wherever you are, I'm there with you. I don't want to be anywhere you're not.”

Again Jamie McGuire did not disappoint! This short novella was simply beautiful, endearing and very special. It was about how Shepley and America first met and how awestruck he was from the very first moment he saw her across the hall at freshman orientation. We get to see their first date and it was really freaking sweet. Something Beautiful definitely had some sad bits and it gives you so
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about reading Shep and America's book and now after reading it, I'm still not sure.

But don't get me wrong, it's not because of Shep and America but rather the lack of them. And there were two big reasons...a tornado and someone who is a tornado, that's right, Travis.

description

Seriously, this should have been a book about Travis and Abby because that's what it felt like. That and a town being devastated by a tornado and getting to hear all the gruesome detail
✿kawehi.reviews
Jun 07, 2015 marked it as to-read
Coming this August 16th 2015 by Jamie McGuire, LLC...

Travis and Abby's besties! Shep and America! Woohoo!

11377139 944262282271250 8665822356776065864 n

Ashley
Jul 11, 2015 marked it as to-read
IS ANYONE ELSE SUPER FUCKING EXCITED???
Michelle
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it

I m so happy we got more of these 2 I luvd them through the beautiful series an I just luv Shep he is so gorgeous an luvin an alway there 4 Trav an Mare an this book made me luv him so much more there was a lot goin on in this book an I didn't think it would work with it bein short but it was so good I really enjoyed it it was great getting more of Travis an Abby I still luv him so much he is 1 of my top book boyfriend an I have 2 say after getting a lil more of Shep he is up there 2

I think J
Carmen de la Rosa
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Something Beautiful es el cuarto libro de la serie Beautiful de Jamie Mcguire y trata sobre una pequeña parte de la historia de America y Shepley.

Tenia mucha curiosidad por este libro ya que en la historia de Abby y Travis no profundiza sus personajes, su historia o la cosas que sucede entre ellos en general. Y lo mejor es que esta narrado desde el punto de vista de los dos.

Este libro es algo mixto, siento que en algunas cosas sucedieron demasiado apresuradas y otras tardaron en suceder todo el
Danni Maxwell
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AMERICA AND SHEPLEY ARE FINALLY GETTING A BOOK OMG
Tough Critic Book Reviews
This novella is a great little accessory to the Beautiful series. Even though America has never been one of my favorite characters, I was so excited to get more Shep. Readers will get to experience a bunch of Shepley and America firsts. Their first meet, their first date, their first.....bow chica wow wow. And wow! Not what I expected. This book also encompasses a very large span of time by flowing through some of your favorite scenes from other Beautiful books, but you also get to experience a ...more
Suzana
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"She’s special, you know? She’s a daddy’s girl, but she’ll tell you where to stick it if she doesn’t like what you have to say. She’ll slap a giant to protect the honor of her best friend. She hates good-byes. She wears this little gold cross around her neck and curses like a sailor. She’s my happily ever after."

For people who had struggled for every step forward, we didn’t have one regret, and we wouldn’t change a thing. Every wrong turn had led us to this moment, proving that every choice
Tanu Gill
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was soooo amazing. I have always been curious about Shepley and America, and now we know what all they went through!
(view spoiler)

But a great addition to the series. Amazing book!:-)
~Kristin~
May 12, 2015 marked it as to-read
Hummm...interesting...

Michelle Bet
Leído para el 2016 Reading Challenge. Reto: #14. Que puedes terminarlo en un día. y A-Z Challenge: S

Yo en estos momentos:

description

Si alguien le encontró la gracia a la historia, el motivo de éste, a la forma que está escrita, a los protagonistas, a los secundarios, o a cualquier mierda de este libro: me avisa, por favor, porque yo no la encuentro en ningún lado.

Something Beautiful para un final...
Booknut
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
How do I describe this book?
beautiful reaction photo: mishathatwasbeautiful.gif
beautiful reaction photo: 3-Beautiful_zps067c558d.gif
loved it photo: ilovedit.gif
Andie
Let me first say that Beautiful Disaster is one of my absolute favorite books. But having said that, I expected much much more from this novella. America and Shepley deserved better than this. Travis and Abby already had their story but for some reason were way too present here. I was pretty much bored to tears and a hundred page novella took me FIVE days to read! I hope others find more enjoyement than I did.
Cristina
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God! This book was amazinggg! I’m so glad it was finally published in my country.
Around page 107 I felt the need to cry. So bad! Because all those feelings started to burn up inside of me. I missed reading such a great book.
Even tho it was a short one and sometimes the action seemed rushed, I will give this book 5 stars anytime. Because damn it, it was awesome! ❤
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

An absolute #MUST for all Maddox fans.
And please read it as book 5.5 - no idea why it's called #3 - in my numbers it's book #5.5 ☺

Anyway - I LOVED IT!!!

description

We really had NO idea that nice and quiet and sweet Shepley Maddox was this amazing. He's such a great guy. He just always hid in Travis' shadows....but he's just as great as all his cousins.

I cried SOOOOOOO MUCH - for such a short novella - there were lots of tears ☺

Lots of funny, scary, romantic, sexy scenes. Just perfect!!!

There was one KISSI
Syndi
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never read the other books in this series. But i can tell i need tk hunt it down. Because after finished reading Something Beautiful, i can tell this author is super talented.

This book has a lot of moral story. It is a story about America and Shelby. They both madly in love with each other and now pondering what is the next level on their love story. Married, moving together?? This are the adventure they have to go through. Although it is a very short story, it is a beautiful story. Meaningfu
Pick a Book
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-portugues
5 soooo beautiful stars!!
------
5 estrelas lindas!!!!!

“Então... Você vai aceitar minha oferta?” Travis provocou.
“Não” America disse sem hesitar.
Sim. Ela é perfeita.
“E o meu primo?” Travis perguntou, me empurrando tao forte que eu dei um passo pro lado.
“Qual é,” eu disse, quase implorando. "Ignora ele ,” eu disse para America. “A gente não deixa ele sair muito.”
“Posso ver o motivo. Ele é realmente seu primo?”
“Tento não contar isso para as pessoas, mas sim.”
( tradução livre)

Depois da cagada que
The Translation Abbey
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
• "You'll love me forever?" "Longer." •

Reseña:

En los primeros días como estudiante del Eastern State University, América Mason conoce a un Maddox, Shepley Maddox. A diferencia de sus primos, Shepley es más amante que boxeador... Con el tiempo ambos se enamoran, pero un viaje a Wichita, Kansas podría significar el siguiente paso, o el final de todo.

Impresiones:

Lo reconozco, los libros de McGuire son mi debilidad!! Aunque me desilusionó bastante con Beautiful Redemption y me recomendaron darle un
⊱ Poppy ⊰
"She's my happily ever after"

Well, TBH i really wasn't sure about reading america and shep's story but i always think shep as a side kick of travis. Just to find more about him, i picked this book , well you know how that saying is,

"Curiousity kills the cat"

Yep, that was the EXACT scene for me..

This book is the 3rd one in beautiful series! and it was a shep and america's story and something about a hurricane in kansas, i dont know what exactly my feeling are for this book. but i am sure as h
Angigames
3 stelle e mezzo
Non va bene McGuire. Proprio no. No. No. No.
Shepley e America si meritavano un libro intero e non 150 pag scarse!
Anche in poche pagine la McGuire è riuscita però a coinvolgermi completamente, è questo il bello!
Shep è un Maddox. Ma ancora una volta l’autrice diversifica le caratteristiche dei maschietti di questa ormai famosissima famiglia in modo molto convincente. Shep è il cugino di primo grado di Travis, sia per parte di madre che di padre, porta il suo stesso cognome ma è c
Tahsin
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5-4 stars

The Maddox Brothers' Series has been a downhill ride for me, so I went into this one with absolutely zero expectation. And a nonchalant, careless attitude, so that even if it sucked balls, I wouldn't be disappointed. Much. So I was pleasantly surprised when I actually ended up not even remotely hating it! It wasn't very memorable, I must say, because I already don't remember how it ended, but I don't even care.
Haidoulina
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
What I loved most is that it was short... The story it was ok.... The tornado it was a little bit over dramatic for my liking...
Cami
Jul 31, 2015 rated it liked it
-3.5-
Me gusto mucho, porque obviamente, no me puede desgustar un libro de los Maddox, pero igualmente me decepcione mucho por 2 cosas. La primera y principal, porque pensé que iban a ser narrados los hechos de como Shepley y America se conocieron y como comenzó su relación, no como fue su relación a partir del casamiento de Travis & Abby. Y la segunda, porque era muy corto, y quería algo mas largo! Esto hizo que afectara bastante la calificación, pero me gusto mucho igual, obviamente.

America
Audiobook Fans: Help!!! 1 14 Feb 27, 2017 05:35PM
Other books/authors similiar 1 2 Aug 08, 2016 08:29AM
New Adult Book Club: September Contemporary Group Read ~ Something Beautiful by Jamie McGuire 5 58 Oct 01, 2015 08:18AM

• Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence, #7)
  • To the Stars (Thatch #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Kiro's Emily (Rosemary Beach, #9.5)
  • Untamed (Thoughtless, #4)
  • Sweet (Contours of the Heart, #3)
  • Heart & Soul (Lost & Found, #5)
  • The Other Game (The Perfect Game, #4)
  • Honeymoon from Hell III
  • Bad Romeo Outtakes (Starcrossed, #1.1)
  • Falling Away (Falling, #4)
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Jou

Beautiful (2 books)
  • Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
  • Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)
“To the next generation of Maddoxes,” Shepley said.
Travis’s dimple sank in when he smiled. “May their lives be as beautiful as the women who carried them.”
14 likes