Start by marking “Return of the Saboteur (The Actuator, #2)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Saboteur (The Actuator, #2)

Return of the Saboteur

(The Actuator #2)

The Machine Monks fight to keep control of the Actuator while enemies attack the base. As besiegers wear them down, the rest of the world struggles to adapt to the chaos left in the wake of the great change. Their only choice is to push forward and find the next key and shutdown the fantasy realm surrounding the base. When they do, Xenwyn will die.

Haunted by the
Published July 20th 2015 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Saboteur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Saboteur

Start your review of Return of the Saboteur (The Actuator, #2)
Montzalee Wittmann
Return of the Saboteur (The Actuator #2) by James Wymore and Aiden James is the second book in the series. If you haven't read the first book, you might get lost a bit. It was hard to keep up and I knew the story. There was a lot of jumping around in the story but the story is about chaos and death and trying to recover the key to help restore some order. Lots of action and I enjoyed it but at times a bit confusing. It also ends as a cliff hanger as the first book did, ugh.
Marjolein
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Thanks to the Publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review during this blog review tour!

Luckily, after the large cliffhanger at the end of the first book, this book starts off right where we left it. Having recovered the base and the actuator, they are besieged by an army of orcs who want it for their own. At the same time they are both looking for the rest of the keys, mostly the one in
 Reading Reindeer
Review: ACTUATOR 2: RETURN OF THE SABOTEUR by James Wymore and Aiden James

The moment I opened the first novel in this series, THE ACTUATOR: FRACTURED EARTH, I fell in love. The story encompassed me, to the point that it seemed I had entered one of the alternate realities created by The Actuator. The series just blows me away. As a long-term reader and aficionado of science fiction, fantasy, and alternate history (and sometimes writer), I understand the immensity of talent required to construct
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
4.5

*Book source ~ ARC. My review is voluntary and honest.

A small pocket of surviving Machine Monks struggle to protect the Actuator against the orcs of their fantasy realm. Xenwyn, the creator of the realm, is injured and in a coma. If they restore this section of the world then she will die. When reinforcements arrive, the small group is relieved. Red loves Xenwyn and seeks to heal her before that happens, so he makes off with her. Meanwhile Jon goes off to Florida looking for another key.
Roberta R. (Offbeat YA)
Rated 3.5 really.

Excerpt from my review - originally published at Offbeat YA.

Pros: Creative premise. Breathless adventure (though there's a lot of internal monologue as well). Constant change of scenery. Sheds more light on the Actuator and the people who have been involved with it.
Cons: Essentially a "male" book, where the main female characters end up needing to be saved. Some of the worlds would be interesting to explore, but are barely skimmed. As in Book 1, a handful of (harmless) typos
Patrick
Aug 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where the first book in the series spent a lot of time setting up and establishing the rules of the world this one spends some much needed time on the characters. As the survivors deal with the aftermath of the big battle from book 1 (avoiding spoilers for those who havent read it yet), they realize that returning the world back to its normal state isnt going to be as easy as they thought but they have, at least for the moment, established a foothold of order in a world of chaos.

The group comes
Krystin
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Red and his monks are protecting the base from Ruiz and his orc minions to make sure nobody uses the Actuator to cause more damage to the world. He needs to find a way to heal Xenwyn though, shes in a coma after being hit by dragon fire, and Choi is eager to go after Pete to avenge Commander Newell. Glass has made a revolutionary discovery in the library and needs to head to a futuristic zone to find more information. And of course they still need more keys. But there doesnt seem to be a way to ...more
Janis Hill
I would like to thank Curiosity Quills Press for a free ARC of this book in exchange for an open and honest review.

Okay, I have some mixed feelings about this book. I love the concept of the series, Ive enjoyed most of it but I have to say it almost turned into a DNF due to the amount of internalising and inner monologue that took place at the beginning of the book.

I mean, I was up to (I think) chapter eight almost a quarter of the way into the book before they stopped taking turns
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Having read the first book in this series, I was pretty eager to read the second. I was really glad to have the opportunity to see more of the world (or worlds) and characters.

I did like seeing more of the characters I recognised and liked from the previous book, though it was somewhat difficult to have the book keep jumping between three to four different plots. I still enjoyed seeing how things
Leticia
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this copy from Curiosity Quills Press via the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Despite my laughter at the first novel, when you get to the thick of it the entire existence of the Actuator would be downright terrifying. Especially as the Machine Monks have lost control of it. Not even for the fictional realities, can you imagine someone bringing back past realities? Eep!

There is an amazing moral to this story; actually there are two morals. I love books with morals in their
Richard Baxter
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Its rare to read a book that begs you to read it more than once, but this is one of those books. The characters submerge you in a world transformed into a variety of fiction genres limited only by the imaginations of the obsessive Machine Monks who created them. Every chapter grips you as you wonder what transformations of reality will greet the characters next. The suspense grows as you wonder what will become of Xenwin, what happened to the Actuator and why, how will they fix it, How will they ...more
Grant Eagar
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
My Review:

This modern fantasy reminded me of a video game with the characters passing from world to world; each area having unique rules and challenges. The authors have created an original and compelling story. The characters are interesting and deeply human; you root for them as they attempt to overcome their constantly changing challenges.
I didnt read the first book so it took a while to feel grounded in the story and to get my mind into it, but after that it was quite a compelling read.

I
Sue Gadbois
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series and I was thrilled to read the 2nd book. I thoroughly enjoyed both books and am looking forward to the 3rd book in this series.
Julie Carter
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't say enough good about this series. I absolutely loved reading these first two books and I still want more of the story. This second book gave us more insight into the characters in the story, and I loved the continuation of the genre-crossing adventure. I don't want to give anything away so I won't talk about the specifics of the story, but there was a character towards the end who I was very happy to see.
This is such a good series, and I hope it continues for many books.
Jenifer Adams
Apr 21, 2017
Curiosity Quills
May 11, 2015
James Wymore
May 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jackie
Ted
Sue
Dasha
Jul 03, 2015
James Wymore grew up on a heavy diet of movies and books that morphed his real life adventures into imaginary worlds. His published works span the fiction spectrum, including many different genres in the best-selling Actuator series. Hes an acquisitions editor, running games with hundreds of players at conventions. http://jameswymore.wordpress.com ...more

The Actuator (5 books)
  • Fractured Earth (The Actuator, #1)
  • Borderlands Anthology (The Actuator, #1.5)
  • Chaos Chronicles (The Actuator, #3)
  • The Last Key (The Actuator, #4)