Start by marking “Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beyond What is Given (Flight & Glory, #3)

Beyond What is Given

(Flight & Glory #3)

Lt. Grayson Masters is focused on graduating the Apache helicopter course, and the last thing he needs is his gorgeous new roommate Samantha Fitzgerald distracting him. While her smart mouth and free spirit are irresistibly irritating, he can’t deny their off-the-charts chemistry, no matter how hard he tries.

Having just been expelled from college, Sam has no business diggi
Published September 28th 2015 by Entangled: Embrace (first published September 12th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond What is Given, please sign up.

Jennifer Kyle
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-boyfriends
4.5 Stars

"She’s all fire, and sass, and a touch of insanity, I’m pretty sure. But she does something to me, makes me see the world again.”

description

Do they even make guys like Grayson Masters? Seriously this guy is the bomb! Sexy, broody, Apache pilot in training, who has always been tight lipped about his home life in Nags Head, North Carolina. Grayson seems to live two different lives one at home with his family and one with his classmates and roommates. Samantha Fitzgerald, friends with Ember moves i
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::::

So, I've literally been meaning to read one of this author's books for over a year and I'm so glad I finally did because I loved it!!!  I finished reading this book with my heart racing and SO full of happy feels!!! Even though the story started a little slow and on the light side, oh-my-gosh did it ever get ANGSTY!!!!! There was this whole complex "situation" going on that kept me flipping pages like crazy!!!!!! And I loved that the story kept surprising me too
Patrycja

Release Date: 28 September, 2015
Rating: 3.5 stars
Cliffhanger:. no
HEA: (view spoiler)

I fell in love with Rebecca Yarros writing after reading her debut novel Full Measures last year. Her story was perfect, gut wrenching and emotional. It was so good that it pulled on my heartstrings. Since that time, I managed to reread it twice. The next book in the series was really g
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

Orbit. That was the word for it. She was the Earth, full of life, raging rivers, erupting volcanoes, mysterious oceans, and breathtaking views. I was a satellite in her orbit, witnessing from a distance while she bloomed.

Rebecca Yarros and her Flight & Glory series has been on my radar for a while. In my usual way of doing things backasswards, when I got the chance to read Beyond What Is Given, I jumped on it, even before I read the previous books. With that said, I never found my
Beverly
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A love story that rivals other love stories, that is what Beyond What is Given is to me. This story made me feel so many different things. It broke my heart in two, made me question myself and almost drove me to drink. I see people say that a lot and I laugh, but I don’t think I have really experienced it until now. If it wasn’t 9 am when I was reading this I would have definitely drank!

"One mistake doesn’t define your life.”

Samantha Fitzgerald is on the run from her past and her mistakes. H
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐3 STARS⭐⭐⭐

“One mistake doesn’t define your life”

Samantha Fitzgerald is running away from a mistake that cost her everything, respect from people, her place at school. A mistake so heavy that she can’t apply to any university without getting rejected. Still, she tries her luck in Alabama, where her friends offer her a place to stay.

Grayson Masters is a loner in a golden boy package. He seems dedicated to achieve his pilot training, never indulging in partying or social activities a man his
AJ
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a beautiful story!

4.5 stars.

The third book in the Flight & Glory series, these books are focussed around a group of friends who are training to be military pilots. They feature strong characters and engaging stories with just the right amount of drama, lots of feels, some laughs, and fantastic (and sexy) romance. And this book, featuring Grayson and Samantha, certainly lived up to my expectations.

While this book is technically a standalone, it does tie in very closely with the previous
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5 Two Loves in One Lifetime Stars

Rebecca Yarros can definitely tug the heartstrings and get the emotions rolling. She has such a great insight into the "military" genre with her palpable feels for the men and women who serve and the bond with those who love them!

I fell hard for this author with Josh and Ember's forever love and she did not let me down with Jagger and Paisley. I had high hopes for Grayson and while I loved the "feels" and the heat...I'm not in as much love with the story as th
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Beyond What is Given is a sweet, loving, emotional story. Grayson and Samantha's journey was not easy and yet so very frustrating at times, many times to be honest. But their story is also sexy, funny, hot, and has some sweet moments that melted and warmed my heart. I loved the storyline. The previous books in this series gave us a head start into loving Grayson. But throw Samantha into it and I fell in love with this couple. Their struggles brought out so many feels I couldn't help but fall in ...more
Molly Lee
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Beauty in tragedy, Hope within despair, and among it all...Love.

There are moments when I’m absolutely certain this author can’t push the depths of my emotions any further, and then...

She releases another novel.

The Flight & Glory series is one of my all time favorite compilation of books. I fell in love with Josh and Ember’s strength in Full Measures, fanned myself over Jagger and Paisley’s passion in Eyes Turned Skyward, and now I’m losing it over Sam and Grayson.

Yarros’ characters are craf
Claire Robinson
May 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, entangled
1 - "Sometimes steady is just stuck." Star.

DNF @ 64%

I really don't know where to start with this one, I know I am going to totally be in the minority with my thoughts of Beyond What is Given, and the fact I haven't finished it is as much of a shock to me as it will be to all the reviewers that have given it 4 and 5 star reviews.

"One mistake doesn't define your life."

In all honesty, I had my doubts as to whether I was going to enjoy Grayson and Sams' story back at the 25% mark, I could not put d
Wendy
4-half-stars.png (1152×296):

Looks like I'm on a Rebecca Yarros streak right now and this book, like the others I have read  by this author, didn't dissapoint !! The angst killed me a little, but what can I say...I love torturing myself a bit ;)

tumblr_lwwmbpvVKo1qaaihx.gif (500×296)

Samantha has left her life in Colorado, because of a major fuck-up and now she is trying to make a fresh start in Alabama. Her friends Josh and Jagger (book 1 /2) offered her a place to live, with them and another guy. She is also trying her hardest to get into another college, which
Fanny
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing

" Ambos son las personas indicadas en un mal momento. Las posibilidades estan en su contra ... Pero Sam nunca se ha echado para atras frente a un reto ni a tomado la ruta facil. "

Beyond What Is Given es el tercer libro de la serie Flight & Glory de la autora Rebecca Yarros y narra la historia de amor de Samantha y Grayson ( personajes secundarios en los libros anteriores ).

Este libro era uno de los que mas esperaba poder leer, no solo porque la serie es increible, sino porque Grayson, el p
Michelle
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beyond What is Given is the third in the Flight & Glory Series, but can be read as a standalone. Having not read the first two in the series, I can say that the author did am amazing job not spoiling the major plot points of the first two books, I feel like I can go into both stories without anything being ruined. And believe me, after reading this, I am so going to have to go back and read the first two books.

BWIG is the story of Grayson and Sam, one is a closed off and the other is trying
Shirley ♡
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-s-read
I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. I loved it.
Wil Loves Books!
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it
God, I'm so conflicted about this book. I hated it and kinda loved it too. I love Rebecca, I love the Flight and Glory series, I love my flyboys, but I just could not connect with this book. I could not and I'm so sad and disappointed! And since I promised myself to be nothing but honest with my reviews I have to review this one as a 3 star.

Unlike others, I have read the previous two books, although this could be read as a standalone, I think both Full Measures and Eyes Turned Skyward should be
Annika
Huh. What to say, what to say...

Being a huge fan of the previous books in the Flight & Glory series (Full Measures is in fact one of my all-time favorite NA novels), I had great hopes for this one, too. Unfortunately, I have to say that Beyond what is given couldn't live up to my expectations.

What I did like:
The premise: I've always been a sucker for the whole roommate-to-lovers trope, as for hot guys in uniforms (who isn't?). And I loved that we got to see so much of Josh and Jagger, and ev
Tessa Teevan
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Absolutely adored this book!! Grayson made me swoon in so many different ways, and Sam is going high up on my favorite heroines shelf. Review to come!!
Esmee
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
4,5/5 De laatste 100 pagina's alleen maar zitten huilen, wat een pracht verhaal!
Vond het iets minder indrukwekkend dan het eerste deel, maar man wat voel ik mij nu vol liefde!
Paige
5 "First Choice" Stars

Intense. Heartbreaking. Loved.

By far, this is one of my favorites of 2015. The whole brilliantly written story held my attention from the first word and never let go. Grayson and Samantha's story was all consuming. From their first meeting, they had an energy that was palpable. Both are broken and fighting their pasts, but together they find the strength to let go, move forward and find peace.

Grayson is focused on graduating the Apache helicopter course at the top of his
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
3.5 - 4 Stars!!

Fans of strong Alpha heroes and military romance will like this one. There is lots and lots of swoony romance and a very dramatic plotline. If you want to lose yourself in a romantic story then this is the book is for you.
1-Click Addict Support Group
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lt. Grayson Masters is rock solid, hot as hell, and as emotionally locked down as they come. While he’s grudgingly accepted the friendship of his roommates (Jagger and Josh), he’s not exactly emotionally available. So when Samantha Fitzgerald comes crashing into his world, he literally has no idea what to do with her.

Samantha Fitzgerald (Sam) has just crossed the country to escape the mistakes of her past and attempt to start over. She’s a hot mess, but she’s trying to put herself back together
Britt Marczak
MY HEART. MY FEELS.
SO DAMN GOOD.

These books, though. Every one of them is the perfect amount of heartbreaking and full of love. And each book is better than the last. Love, love, love Grayson and Sam's story. So much love.
Irene
5 stars

I seriously loved Beyond What is Given.

Loved the storyline, the characters were likable and very relatable. Their struggles brought out so many feels I couldn't help but fall in love with both Grayson and Samantha.

Samantha was a smart, sassy girl who made some mistakes in the past which left her vulnerable and looking for a fresh start.
I loved Samantha's strength and determination to get her life back on track, she wasn't going to let her fears ruin the rest of her life. I really connec
Vivian
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zo zo zo zo zo mooi. Emotioneel, prachtig geschreven, intens romantisch en hartverscheurend en gewoon wauw. Ik vond de band tussen Sam en Grayson zo mooi, maar vooral Graysons struggles en verleden en de mensen om hem heen maken dit tot zo'n goed boek: alles klopt gewoon. Dit is een serie om hopeloos én hoopvol verliefd op te worden. Uitgebreide recensie: http://thebookreview.nl/recensies/new...
Linda
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Beyond What is Given is the 3rd book in the Flight & Glory series, which is a military romance series. This is Sam (Samantha) and Grayson's book.

I am really enjoying this series. This book was a little bit angsty and had some serious drama, but the love story was so good. I wasn't that big of a fan of Sam in the previous books, but that totally changed in this book! Sam was a fantastic heroine. Grayson has a very tough exterior, but when his true character was revealed, I fell for him, too.
Paula
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

Beyond What is Given is such an emotional story. Grayson and Samantha's journey was not was not easy and oh, so very frustrating at times. But it's also sexy, funny and had some sweet moments that melted my heart.

When I finished this book, I had a hard time deciding on a rating. At first I wanted to give this book 3.5 stars because I thought there was too much over-the-top drama that I wish was toned down a bit. But I truly think the book deserves 4 stars because of Grayson and Samantha. The che
Alexandra
**** 4 Stars ****
This was a nice book! A little on the long side but since the characters were so lovable and the story was interesting on both sides of the MC's, it wasn't difficult to be engaged.
It was my second book by Rebecca Yarros and, for me, much better than the first I've read (number #1 in this series). I will definitely keep following this author :-)
Polly
Aug 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This one kind of missed the mark of the series. It had an story line that wasn't my favorite that lead to things that I didn't love.

I hated the person who was supposed to be an angel and no matter what I couldn't get over it.
  • Transparent (Luminous, #2)
  • Kissing Madeline (Dearest, #3)
  • Matched
  • The Girl I Was Before (Falling, #3)
  • The Mean Girl Apologies
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • Crushed (Redemption, #2)
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
  • Doing It for Love (All About Love, #1)
  • Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)
  • Thirty Nights (American Beauty, #1)
  • Vivid
  • Third Degree
  • Kismet (Kismet, #1)
  • Bound by Lies (Bound and Broken, #2)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
  • No Kissing Allowed (No Kissing Allowed #1)
  • Logan (Preston Brothers, #2)
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo. She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. Her new Renegade Series features Wilder and the upcoming Nova, and is sure to keep your heart pounding. She loves military heroes, and has been bli ...more

Flight & Glory (5 books)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Eyes Turned Skyward (Flight & Glory, #2)
  • Hallowed Ground (Flight & Glory, #4)
  • The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory, #5)
“There are broken people in the world, Samantha. But you’re not one of them. Dinged-up maybe, but not broken, and definitely not beyond repair.” 4 likes
“I’m not going to say that I’m not insanely attracted to you. I don’t lie. Ever. Plus, I’d have to be dead not to realize the way you affect me. But I’m also not in any position to act on it, and let’s be honest – you’re not either. But I think we can stop picking each other apart and be friends” 2 likes