Start by marking “Skara: The First Wave” as Want to Read:
Skara: The First Wave

Skara: The First Wave

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Set in Neolithic Orkney, Skara brings heroine Shala and hero Oiwa together across the vast ocean to the west. Will this young man save the people of the Isles from dying out?

As predicted by young Shala and the old sage, Wrasse, this seems increasingly so. Guided by her, the girl finds maturity and strength during a formidable journey through their Orkney, a very different
Published June 1st 2015 by Burgess Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Skara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skara

liked it 3.00  ·

Damask Emerald
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Couldn't get into it- too many adjectives. Two stars for the amount of hard work and research that must have gone into it, but unusually for me I just couldn't finish it, I felt it could have done with more editing.
Alison Williamson
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a very readable and non-dreary account of the people of the Orkney Isles in prehistory, bringing them to life in a way that most books don't - instead of impressing on us how different they were, they're presented as contemporary in their time and at the forefront of their technology - I liked that, it rang so true. The trouble is, their gene pool is restricted, but that brings in our hero from Canada in a canoe via the frozen north.

I liked it because it was unpretentious, informative, bas
Susanmbuckingham