Start by marking “The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan (The Mimi Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan (The Mimi Chronicles, #1)

The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan

(The Mimi Chronicles #1)

Librarian Note: There is an updated cover for this edition with ASIN B00XFPKA02

Thirty-four year old, Mimi Finnegan is the third of four daughters and in her eyes, by far, the most unremarkable. She has no singular accomplishment that can stand up to any of her sisters. And if that isn’t enough, she is the only single sibling in her family.

Mimi’s sisters decide that it’s
Published May 9th 2015 by Kissing Frogs

To ask other readers questions about The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan

Start your review of The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan (The Mimi Chronicles, #1)
Joan
I read the preview and stopped as soon as I read this:

She is wearing a swimsuit with no boobs or butt to fill it and painfully sharp collarbones. She bears a striking resemblance to an Auschwitz survivor.

I am sorry. That is am utterly crass comparison to use. (and I am being ULTRA polite here and trying to hold back my rage)

This is the second time I have read a sentence comparing a thin person to a survivor of Hitler's vile act against innocent people who were thin not because they wanted to be
Kashmira Majumdar
Aug 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
Disappointing. I was disappointed in myself for laughing, for getting so thoroughly suckered by the most promising beginning where although the main character is obsessed with losing weight, the situation is handled sweetly and with real heart and humour.

And that was enough to make me ignore that this book was basically wish-fulfillment (Mimi is an ugly duckling literally only because her whole family is made of models, international sportswomen and other characters out of an amateur twelve-yea
Bethany Clark
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't have laughed anymore if I wanted to! This book was hilarious! There were so many levels and depths to these characters, I was always wanting to know more and Whitney delivered every time!

Mimi always felt like the ugly duckling amongst her sisters - she thought her actual quality that was admired by her family was her FEET!

She is also the only single sister in the family and that doesn't do well for one's self esteem at all! At 34 you begin to wonder, is this what my life will amount t
Ashley Austrew
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Tracie Banister
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get ready, because I’m going to gush. The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan is one of the most clever, entertaining, page-turning books I’ve read so far this year, and it’s shooting straight to the top of my favorites list. I’ve always been a sucker for a good makeover story, and Mimi more than delivers in that regard, but what I really loved about this book is that the swanification (Yes, I just made up that word!) of the heroine happens pretty early. So, the meat of the story is the aftermath of Mi ...more
Celia Kennedy
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brazen, bold, brave, curvaceous, captivating, compelling... So many great words could be used to describe Mimi Finnegan and author, Ms. Dineen.

We are taken on a hilarious journey where cars have minds of their own, bunions have names, passions are pursued, and life will be lived without apology! This book is a quintessential representation of Chick Lit - a balls to the wall, full-tilt laugh out loud, love with all your heart, kind of book!

Mimi Finnegan has long lived, proudly so, with having "th
Bonnie
May 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, abandoned
Okay, so I was able to initially overlook the fact that the beginning of the book has the main character super focused on weight loss, and weight watchers, and making terrible choices about food consumption (there is a doctor recommends that Mimi who is 5'11" and weighs 170 pounds is dramatically overweight and simply must lose 20 pounds or her bunion won't correct itself, and she becomes absolutely fixated on those 20 pounds, and vacillates between calorie restriction and binging without any se ...more
Pippa Franks
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mimi Finnegan sees herself as the ugly sister. She decides to reinvent herself, starting with joining weight-watchers to lose those unwanted pounds, and hopefully saying goodbye to her bunion in the process. The bunion, dubbed Edith Bunker, talks to Mimi, which makes for some hilarious conversations. Any man hoping to become involved with Mimi must accept Edith as part of the package. It's not long before to gorgeous men appear on the scene, only too happy to do just that. They certainly don't s ...more
A Reading Girl
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Talor Pickering
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I want to start this review by saying, Chick Lit is my go to genre, always has been. I love a good feel good novel full of humour, romance and a badass heroine! But I feel like sometimes the genre can be stuck on repeat. The same plot, the same characters different name, bla bla bla, with the publishing culture being ever-changing and self publishing becoming even more popular a proper Chick Lit novel can be hard to find. Well The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan is a proper Chick Lit Novel and it i ...more
Alison
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Firstly thanks to Brook Cottage Books & Whitney Dineen for allowing me to read this in exchange for my honest review.
Meet 34 yr old Mimi Finnegan .. one of four sisters, she feels they all bring more to the family than her. Whether it be looks, money, sporting prowess. Mimi feels the under-dog & sets about re-inventing herself. The story follows her hilarious journey to become a grown-up, hunting down Mr. Right in the hope of having a husband & children.

Typically once she sets about this with th
Kristin  Reads
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I just devoured that book. It was so addicting. I loved it. I loved the humor, I love Whitney's writing. WOW! This book was so unexpected.

Mimi, what can I say. She is quirky, I mean she names and talks to her bunion. I literally LOL multiple times during their conversations. It was hard watching her self doubt, but it was also beautiful watching her transition in to this confident striking women. Mimi is just a typical women with typical insecurities. She was real and that was super refre
Jo Hughes
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank BrooksCottageBks and Whitney Dineen for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

The books begins when Mimi finds that she has a bunion, no big deal to most people but devastating to Mimi as she has three extremely beautiful and talented sisters. The only thing they could find to say about Mimi is she has gorgeous feet, hence why she is devastated.

I couldn't help but like Mimi and Whitney's writing of her and the other characters is great, mak
Carol Scott
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is fast paced and funny! I laughed in every chapter. Mimi is a character all women can relate to, and her insecurities are endearing as opposed to nerve grating. The supporting cast is varied and well developed, but Mimi and Edith Bunker are the stars of the show (you will have to read to figure that one out).

Her life becomes glamorous, and while the average girl isn't usually so lucky, Mimi's work success and exciting romances with two wealthy and handsome men don't seem so far fetche
Nova
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Reinvention of Mimi Finnegan is a romantic comedy written by Whitney Dineen.
It is the story of Mimi Finnegan, a 34 year old woman who thinks out of her 3 sisters and herself that she is the least impressive.
Mimi is ready to meet THE One. Who she ends up meeting is THE British novelist Elliot Fielding. There the story takes off!
This was a terrific story, reminiscent of Bridget Jones. It is fun, humorous, frustrating, touching and will have you rooting for Mimi all the way
through. It is writt
Mimi Marten
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
I read all the reviews on Amazon. Yes, I agree there are some grammar mistakes that the editor missed, and the second half was somewhat predictable, but I have not laughed this hard and out loud for a very long time!

Whitney has a great humor, and I suspect a lot of her personality is in her books. :-))
I wouldn't recommend to read this in public. :-) I read the first half almost without stopping, and when my teenage kids came home they thought I lost my marbles /laughing out loud/.

Anyone that nee
Heather Balog
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. At several points of this novel I found myself oh so delicately shooting water out of my nose. At my daughter's gymnastic class, a woman asked me to move because my random fits of laughter were scaring her infant. Mimi Finnegan is a major piece of work who kept me giggling the entire time I was reading. What's the plot? you ask. Characters? Oh no. I'm not going to ruin it at all for you. Go out and get this hilarious novel for yourself and make sure you've emptied your bladder before ...more
Isabelle Andover
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's witty, charming and has a great cast of characters. Dineen has a knack for creating extremely likeable main characters that you can really relate to, which makes for a great read. There are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and great descriptions of New York. I'm not sure which character I loved more - Mimi or Edith Bunker. Another great book from Dineen - even better than She Sins at Midnight. I look forward to her next books.
Hannah Symonds
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I loved this story, it is such a feel good chick lit story that will leave you wanting more. I certainly will be looking out for more of Whitney Dineen's books. A great story packed with some colourful characters that you will like. I liked how honest the book is and felt, there are twists and turns as you follow the character on her journey but also some very funny moments where I just could not stop laughing. There is something for everyone in this brilliant book.
Valerie Dickenson
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A thoroughly enjoyable holiday read - made me chuckle. Clever, well-written and enjoyable. It gave me a yearning to visit New York again and left me keen to read a sequel - it did hint there would be one. I, for one, will be delighted to read the further adventures of Mimi and her friends and family.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This charming fictional story is told in the first person through Mimi's eyes. The dynamic between the numerous characters is well-developed, as is their history with one another.

Read full review in the 2015 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Amanda Hacker
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
You will be hooked at page one! Such a delightful read! I was giggling & crying at the same time. I'm suddenly craving a bunion! You'll have to read it to know what I mean.

Must Read! Mimi Finnegan is a hoot! My daughter is going to love this book as well. Oh Mylanta @ Edith Bunker! LoL
Jennifer Collin
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Meeeeee-Meeeeee' is the funniest book I've read this year. I was hooked the moment Mimi's bunion started talking to her. Whitney Dineen is hilarious and Mimi the most wonderful and lovable character. Together, they draw you in and keep you turning the pages til the very end.
Mary Bonaparte
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fun read!

This one was suggested because I love Becky Munson books. It was fun and very light reading. Then I got so hooked I couldn't put it down! I feel like I was reinvented just like Mimi!
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
What a fun book to read. Mimi Finnegan is the real deal in my opinion. Every woman has had a Mimi moment in their life. If you want to laugh and read a heart warming, feel good romantic comedy don't miss this one.
Jana Gundy
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great funny romantic story!

This book was so refreshing and had all of my emotions running around! Mimi is delightful and funny while Elliot is hard to read. I loved the transformation Mimi goes through and the men who are in her life. Great story!
Michelle Loudermilk michie
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truly laugh out loud!!!!

Want a good laugh? This is the book! Loved it! What everyone thinks but never says aloud. Well written fun.
Sarah Amin
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Normally I don't like weight obsessed main characters, but Mimi was so well crafted that it was entertaining. I really enjoyed this one.
Jenny
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Utterly engaging! A delight from start to finish!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• It's Not PMS, It's You
  • Just Another Silly Love Song
  • No More Horrible Dates (High Tea, #3)
  • Royally Crushed (Crazy Royal Love, #1)
  • My Great Ex-Scape
  • Five Minutes Late
  • Sooo Not Looking For a Man
  • No More Bad Dates (High Tea, #1)
  • The Plus One Pact
  • Honeymoon For One
  • Mr. Crotchety
  • Aunt Daisy's Letter
  • No More Terrible Dates (High Tea, #2)
  • #No Filter
  • My Year of Saying No
  • The Wedding at the Castle of Dreams
  • The Honeymooner (Paradise Bay, #1)
  • Dating Mr. Darcy (Love Manor, #1)
Whitney loves to laugh, play with her kids, bake, and eat french fries -- not always in that order.

She's a multi-award-winning author of romantic comedies, non-fiction humor, thrillers, and middle reader fiction. Basically, she writes whatever the voices in her head tell her to.

She lives in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with her husband, Jimmy, where they raise children, chickens, and organic ve

The Mimi Chronicles (3 books)
  • Mimi Plus Two (The Mimi Chronicles, #2)
  • Kindred Spirits (The Mimi Chronicles, #3)