Start by marking “From Pasta to Pigfoot” as Want to Read:
From Pasta to Pigfoot

From Pasta to Pigfoot

A contemporary, multi-cultural novel that tells the story of Faye Bonsu, a pasta-loving, underachieving PA whose upbringing in leafy Hampstead, London has given her little opportunity to understand her African heritage. Her less than successful attempts to be seen as more than a cultural lightweight take Faye on a journey back to her native Ghana, where she finds love, cul ...more
Published May 21st 2015 by Jacaranda Books Art Music Ltd

To ask other readers questions about From Pasta to Pigfoot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Pasta to Pigfoot

Nakia
Jul 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I liked the premise of this one and learned a lot about life in Ghana, but the story moved much too slow, and the main character was written to be too much of a dimwit who couldn't stand up for herself, especially when it came to her interactions with men. I'm not a fan of books with female characters who act like this, especially if the woman's timidness is what pushes the plot forward.

People who want to become familiar with Ghana and/or want to delve into a light international romance or a co
Read In Colour
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I'd give it a 3.5 if I could. Really entertaining and descriptive.
Toksyk
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm one of those people who not only judges a book by its look by also by its title. Surface to say I only took this book out from library as I had met the author many times.
Decided to make a start of it finally at 12am last night and from the first chapter I was absolutely delighted by it and stayed up reading till 3am.
Great easy fun read that features good looking Ghanian men...me thinks Ghana needs to be higher on my consideration of planned Africa trips.

Anyways if you looking for a fun and
Verity W
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novelicious
Full review to follow.
Emma
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I found the lead character so annoying - maybe because I cannot relate to the obsession with having babies and getting married. And how on earth did she get to keep has job as she seemed to spend great lengths of time making personal calls whilst at work. There was a lot of hand gesticulation whilst reading this which may have looked a bit odd on the bus
Shonti
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
My Ghana women are strong and I felt this girl was feeble. I found myself asking throughout who cares? There was far too much description, a very long winded story, but overall it was ok as a side book.
Breakaway Reviewers
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
From Pasta to Pigfoot by Frances Mensah Williams

4 stars

Not a recipe book, but a sympathetic story of a girl finding her Roots.

On first sight this book didn't appeal to me; I wrongly categorised it as 'chick lit' and for that I sincerely apologise to the author. It has elements of that genre, romance, relationships, shopping, girls' nights, but these form the background against which the true story is painted.

Faye Bonsu left her native Ghana as a small child when her father moved the family to L
Kam
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, it just gives you such insight into African culture and traditions. It's a coming of age story of Faye, who has grown up in London and goes back to her roots in Ghana where she finds herself. I too could relate to the story, having grown up and living in a different country and culture.

It's a light read and the characters are drawn well. Faye is very likeable and not very confident at the start of the book and I was rooting for her to do well. There is also a sequel but the r
Nana
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

This was such a good book I have to read again. I am so glad there is a sequel. I
Vineet