Start by marking “Oren's Right (Tales of the Forest, #4)” as Want to Read:
Oren's Right (Tales of the Forest, #4)

Oren's Right

(Tales of the Forest #4)

Following his principles will break two hearts.

Forester Veld loses a piece of himself to mute baker Oren when they first meet, but Oren is vowed to Haram. When Haram is killed, Veld denies his heart to respect the mourning period. It’s the right thing to do.

During Haram’s funeral, Oren proudly bares the brands that show the nature of their love; Haram owned him, heart and
ebook, 2nd Edition, 60 pages
Published May 10th 2015 by Cayendi Press (first published September 2nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Oren's Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oren's Right

Serena Yates
Jun 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elves and their secret rituals offer a very rich source of potential stories and worlds. In ‘Oren’s Right’, Blaine D. Arden shows a small glimpse into the world of foresters, tree and cloud elves, and the life they lead. The main characters, forester Veld and baker Oren, are fascinating, as are all the secondary characters of this story. This story is a fascinating mix of a character study, a murder mystery, and some BDSM elements, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Forester Veld moved into the village
Tj
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
This was a good read until the end. I liked the author showing us the view point of those that are into scarification and those that are against it/don't understand it. I also thought the author did a good job of showing discrimination in the book. With both Veld and Oren being "different" and how that lead to some treating them wrongly.

My big disappointment was the ending. There was this relationship with a slow build up and we don't see them get together. We see that they are together but the
K
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Copy won in Stumbling over Chaos giveaway

really nice little Elvish fantasy story of Oren, a recently bereaved mute submissive tree elf and Veld, a forester who has loved him for ages. Though this is their story there is also a wider story involving the other elves of the group and in particular the truth seeker Mir and Veld finding out who killed Oren's vowed and attempted to kill another healer.
Crystale Lynda
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alors, déjà un énorme bravo pour la couv, c'est ce qui m'a attiré en premier lieu. Maintenant, venons-en à l'histoire. J'ai passé un bon moment. C'est très soft et il n'y a pas vraiment de BDSM, c'est juste qu'Oren est un soumis. Du genre : ça lui fait plaisir de vous servir. Et non, d'un côté sexuel. Il n'y a pas de scènes de sexe, et c'est dommage d'un côté parce que j'aurais voulu connaître leur première fois à lui et à Veld, mais cela ne m'a pas gêné plus que ça. Et oui, c'est un conte elfiq ...more
Victoria Zagar
Scarification. Not a word I would have associated with erotic in any sense of the term - the mere sight of blood is enough to make my stomach quail on the best of days. So it was an act of trust picking up this book, which I did so sorely on the strength of The Fifth Son and - I confess - its gorgeous new cover, which really is something to admire.

I needn't have worried. Oren's Right is a beautiful story about love, loss, and submission, with wonderful fantasy world building that is so rich it m
Tori Thompson
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh…. This one made me cry right at the beginning. It starts with the beautiful but tragic scene, Oren mourning his vowed Haram, at his funeral pyre.

Oren is a baker, living in the village with his vowed Haram. They are in the elven (elvish?) equivalent to a D/s relationship, adding in some scarification practices. Haram is Oren’s rock, when he is accidentally shot by a young hunter, Oren is lost and alone.

Veld has been a wandering Forester, coming to the village to find it without a Forester, and
Jessy Mpdl
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lien ici : http://wp.me/p5AuT9-26e

Un roman certes relativement court mais attrayant sur beaucoup de points. Une plume et un univers que je découvre pour la première fois et qui a tout pour plaire.

Le plus surprenant ? Comme l'a indiqué la maison d'éditions cette histoire qui fait partie d'une série mais qui peut être lu indépendamment. Et je vous le confirme. En effet, n'ayant jamais lu un seul tome de cette série "de la Forêt". Et à aucun moment je n'ai eu cette sensation d'être perdue ou d'avo
Carly
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Veld's soul mate is destined for another. Oren's heart is broken in two. Can love bring them together and forge a new bond?

Haram meticulously crafts his love for Oren onto his bondmate's body, an act that nourishes Oren's soul. Haram's unexpected death devastates Oren and he's judged by his tribe when the nature of their love is revealed. Oren finds comfort in his friendship with Veld, one of the few people who understands the depth of meaning in Haram's art.

Veld cherished his friendship with H
Joyfully Jay
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

You guys know by now that I’m a sucker for a well-crafted world, and what Arden has here is magic, both figuratively and literally. I felt immersed into this alternate reality, with everything explained at the right time and in the right way. I loved this world she’s created, and I never felt confused or lost. It’s vastly different from our own, and different enough from other fantasy settings to give it a fresh feeling. I enjoyed spending time here and I know I’d
Helena Stone
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, fantasy, fiction, m-m, novella
Oren’s Right is part of the ‘Tales of the Forest’ series and, if I read the author’s website right, the third book in the sequence. I can’t say it mattered. This fantasy world captured me from the moment I started reading and at no point did I feel lost or wondering if I’d missed something – Oren’s Right works very well as a stand-alone story.

And what a story it is. We’re given fantasy, a mystery, tension, pain, loss and love. There are subtle messages in this story about dealing with people who
Thomaidha Papa
3 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story was quite nice and interesting. I loved the plot and the way this world was woven. I loved the storyline and the tree-elves, cloud-elves, and dark-elves. Yes, I have a thing for elves and the many worlds one can set them, this world being quite refreshing.

The story begins with a melancholic strike as Harem...

Read the entire review http://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.co....

Thommie
Jordan Lombard
Amazing. The world building is fantastic. The stories are well rounded and deep. The characters are each unique and strong. The writing superb. And the emotions are true. These stories all have me laughing with happiness and crying in sadness and everything in between.

I'm loving these stories very very much and hope there will be many more to come!
Betsy
Frankly, I found the world building mesmerizing. The love story was tender. The nature of the BDSM was a bit too gruesome for me. I had guess I would have been one of the troop of women encircling Oren trying to protect and care for him.
Izzy
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.75*

Full review after published on www.prismbookalliance.com
Colette
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, fantasy, m-m, mystery
I really love this world, and the elves that inhabit it.
Diane
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this as a gift from the author by winning a contest.

This is a sweet fantasy of woodland elves and murder and mystery. So much packed into a few chapters.

Very enjoyable.
Lillian Francis
Aug 24, 2015
Michael
Aug 26, 2015
Blaine D. Arden is an EPIC Award winning author of Romantic Speculative Fiction and Suspense who sings her way through life in platform boots.

For most of her sheltered youth, Blaine read, day dreamed, and made up stories. As she grew up, she slowly transitioned from telling them to her favourite doll and acting them out with her Barbies, to putting pen to paper. Her motto is Our difference is our

Tales of the Forest (5 books)
  • The Forester: Forester Triad Act One (Tales of the Forest, #1)
  • Lost and Found: Forester Triad Act Two (Tales of the Forest, #2)
  • Full Circle: Forester Triad Act Three (Tales of the Forest, #3)
  • A Triad in Three Acts: The Complete Forester Trilogy (Tales of the Forest)