Start by marking “Finding Home (Winter Jacket, #3)” as Want to Read:
Finding Home (Winter Jacket, #3)

Finding Home

(Winter Jacket #3)

Book Three in the Winter Jacket series There are signs everywhere if you know what you're looking for-signs that tell you you're doing something wrong. Go back. Detour. Choose again. Do not collect two hundred dollars when you pass Go. But I hadn't paid attention to the warnings, too blinded by ambition and the desire to experience something new. Simply put: I was making a ...more
Published May 8th 2015

Start your review of Finding Home (Winter Jacket, #3)
Pin
Two and a half stars, rounded up. Not as good as the first two books in the series -- first part of the book is rather boring; I didn't like Troian at all; Hunter is less mature than two years ago. I liked Jessica the most. Hopefully the next book will bring back the quality of the first two.
Ndy
I really liked the first 2 books in the series, but this one, or at least its first 70% was a little bit too slow for my taste, but the last 30% made up for it. However I ended up not really liking Troian, I don't think she acted as a proper best friend for Elle. On the other hand I really liked 2 minor characters, Sonja and Jessica, but mostly Jessica. (view spoiler) ...more
Kennedy
Although not as enjoyable as the earlier books in the series, I liked the read enough to look forward to the next book. My issues have to do with how the relationship changed. I understand age is a factor and the need to do what you feel you have to do with the opportunities presented in your life but it seemed forced and not congruent with the previous behaviors of Elles and Hunter. One pleasant occurrence was Jessica. Cool and smooth Jessica.
Kat Fletcher
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Winter Jacket: finding Home, the latest book in the Winter Jacket series. Even by the standards of the series, this is a pretty angsty book. It wasn't always easy to read and there were definitely times I want to beat each character with the clue stick. It's definitely worth the trip though. Sometimes, in a series, things can seem a little stale, but the conflicts, primarily emotional and self-inflicted, seem very much in keeping with each character's nature and it feels like ...more
Alena
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, queer
Apparently I really needed to get this out of my system. A longer commute and a wait at the hairdresser's certainly helped.

Again, more believable conflicts and just something about those characters.

Mistakes once more just on this side of tolerable.

I would definitely read another one, especially if it had more Jessica. I wouldn't really mind if she replaced Troian.

I also didn't mind the 1st person narrative, although sometimes I would have liked Hunter's perspective.
B.L.
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As always, another amazing book from Eliza Lentzski. Hunter and Elle are one of my favorite couples. I was surprised by the direction this book took, but I was still up all night reading it. I am holding out for a fourth in the series.
Len
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars. I’m convinced. Eliza Lentzski surely can write.
Starsandsun18
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sept 2017 - After re-reading this I kind of ask "What the hell happened to Hunter?" I mean between Elle and Hunter, face it Hunter is the mature one. But in this book, she kind of stepped back 5 times. It's like they've swapped personalities. Well, I get it she needs to discover herself but then again she's acting like Elle.
Nonetheless, I still like this one. Because frankly, lately I haven't really enjoyed reading. I miss reacting to frustrating characters. I hate them but I also like reading
Kimberly
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rollercoaster of emotions

So many break ups and reconnecting in this installment. Feeling excited that they finally were back in the same page only to realize they weren't. It will be interesting to finds out if these two can get it together.
Taka
Oct 27, 2017 rated it liked it
A little surprised by Hunter, but loved Jessica Merlot! Couldn’t help to see similarities between Jessica Merlot and Julia Desjardin and I loved it! Julia Desjardin is my all time favorite character from Eliza Lentzsk.
Janice
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series

I love this series so damned much. There's one more, and then the "prequel" - Hunter's version of what happened in book one, which is narrated by Elle. The prequel, by the way, is what I first read, and I'm glad I did.
Vianca
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, series
"Please."
Kevin Li
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming and beautiful.
Rebecca
It's been a while since I've powered through a book nonstop, but with the help of caffeine and nothing better to do it's happened once again.

I was surprised how much I liked this one. (view spoiler)
Melissa
Mar 19, 2017 rated it liked it
My favorite of the series thus far. Liked the addition of a separation plot instead of just endless romance and sex. Worried that Jessica might take over for Troian which would be tragic!
Gloria Flamenco
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
A little bit of a bummer

I LOVED the first two books in the winter jacket series. I was very excited about the third one. The story is different than the others in that this one is a little darker and somber. It's still a good story and keeps you intrigued as your reading....UNTIL THE ENDING. THE ENDING WAS JUST LACK-LUSTER. It was almost as if the author had to finish it rather quickly. I am not sure if there will be a fourth book in the series...there should be to save this one...if there is,
Steve Going
Jan 01, 2016 rated it did not like it
Hated it

You manipulated the characters into an unreasonable situation and (spoiler alert) broke them up. It was emotional manipulation of your reader and unnecessary and short sighted. Your reader is already emotionally invested in your characters by the third book. It emotionally draining and hurtful. I don't read to be saddened. I can get that from a trip to a mirror. I read to be uplifted. I can see this sort of thing in the first book, but by the third book your characters should be
Eware
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love this series

So this 3rd installment did no disappoint. Elle showed a lot of growth in this book and I was often surprised by her good choices. I won't lie, there's a little part of me that likes the reckless ladies woman and total top that she is, but she's growing up I suppose. The ending was a little uneventful. I would expect a fast follow 4th book. Looking forward to see where this series goes. I've got a feeling or maybe just wishful thinking that Dean Merlot will play a larger part in
Cassie
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing author

I've read all elizas books because she's amazing and such a talented and captivating writer. The only thing that pissed me off in this story was Hunter. I used to love her in the previous books but I guess she we couldn't have her so perfect. And Elles character got some great development. The best authors elicit strong emotions from their readers so with that you definitely did a solid job.
Loek Krancher
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a awesome sequel!

Oh yeah, this was definitely the best of the 3 parts. Not that the other 2 were worse, quite the contrary. I like all 3 but the latter had everything in it what I expected of a romance. Everything happened and kept me on the edge of my seat. I am very glad that I got to know this author and I will definitely want to read much more from her.
Lisa Wellott
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful series, I don't even have a favorite book because they all were amazing. But I can say I LOVED the way that this book ended up the series in the most perfect way. Highly recommend any books by this author but I'd start with this series.
Jaye DeJesus
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow

There are no words to describe this book. There is so much emotion. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll cry some more and laugh again. I have never been so emotionally invested in a book. I can't wait for the fourth installment.
Catherine
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it but it was a struggle to get through parts of this book.
Britton Peveto
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as I had hoped. All three in the series are wonderful and tell a complete story of two women and their struggles to be together. I love this series.
Adrie
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I can't wait for the next book

I really like the characters!! And the interaction, and how they have grown as a couple!!! I really can't wait for the next book.
B. Hale
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's time for that Jessica Merlot spin off Eliza!
andie
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am only 75% through. I am loving the read but I am also....
Heather Henkel
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lesbian
I really liked this book, even if there is never a fourth book, this was a great series. I loved the character development.
Bailey
May 14, 2018
JoAnne Mills
Jun 04, 2016

• Living
  • Being Hers (Irresistibly Bound #1)
  • Casting Lacey
  • Fusion (The Velvet, #1)
  • In Development
  • Forget Her Not
  • Providence (The Velvet, #2)
  • Turbulence
  • Open Tab (Whiskey Springs, #1)
  • Finding Jaime
  • Tricky Wisdom: Year I (Tricky, #1)
  • Hart & Stocker
  • Gold
  • Point Two (Four Point Trilogy, #2)
  • Rabbit
  • Cigar Club (Whiskey Springs, #2)
  • Ask, Tell
  • The Red Files
Eliza Lentzski is a historian with a passion for fiction. She writes love stories filled with angst, miscommunication, and the struggle to balance love and an ambitious career. Her characters are not without flaws, but despite these imperfections, they ultimately find their own happy endings.

Eliza calls the Midwest her home, which is often the center of her novels, along with her partner and their

Winter Jacket (5 books)
  • Hunter (Winter Jacket, #0)
  • Winter Jacket (Winter Jacket, #1)
  • New Beginnings (Winter Jacket, #2)
  • All In (Winter Jacket, #4)