Start by marking “Forsworn (The Last Oracle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Forsworn (The Last Oracle, #2)

Forsworn

(The Last Oracle #2)

Clio can see the future, but what she doesn’t know about her past could destroy her.

It’s been a year since Clio made her sacrifice to the Deities and embraced her destiny as the Oracle to save her people.

The only family she has left is a brother who wants her dead.

The prince, her oldest friend, is a king with his own agenda.

And the man who once loved her, now hates her.

A
Published June 27th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Forsworn, please sign up.
Marie She is 16. Fairly YA. Much the same formula as Divergent and the other series that prevail now. If you like those, you would !like this.

Colette
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So excited to read this book! Sacrificed, the first book in the trilogy, has been one of my few five star reads this year, and I recommend it to all Fantasy lovers.

I was fortunate enough to read an ARC of Forsworn! From the characters to the settings to the deadly battles, everything readers loved about Sacrificed comes back in full force during this second book in The Last Oracle trilogy. Overall 5/5 stars; this series is a MUST-READ!!!
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*Copy provided in exchange for an honest review*

6. Jaw-dropping. Stars.
The first book in this series ended with a MASSIVE cliffhanger where I gave up my heart. I should've never gotten it back because this book destroyed me even more.
This started a year after the first one ended and we were introduced to new characters either threatening or fighting for Sheehan, Clio's city. This book had non-stop action and plot twists that had the air knocked out of me multiple times. Every page was even more
Simone Pond
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book, Sacrificed, so I was really looking forward to the next book in the series. Let me tell you, I was blown away. The writing is like poetry and flows so effortlessly. The new characters are rich and have depth, bringing even more emotion to the story. The overall story line is exciting and it's a real page turner. I especially loved the tension between Clio and Riece, their tender contention toward each other is just perfection. The imagination and world building that goes ...more
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
*caution - gushing and fangirling ahead*

"Do you have any idea what it feels like to try to hate someone you love? It's agony. Beyond agony. It's like there's something deep inside you, eating away at your insides. I couldn't do anything, I was so full of anger. Every day it got worse. Because it goes against my very nature to hate you. Hating you - it's like trying not to breathe."

I have the wonders of Netgalley to thank for introducing me to the awesomeness of Emily Wibberley's writing. Ear
Talina
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Did you find this review helpful? Stop by my blog Sassy & Dangerous for more!

There is no denying the fact that Emily Wibberley is taking the fantasy and action genre by storm with this thrilling, action packed series! This author is one you don't want to miss!

Due to this being the second book of the series and since I am not one for spoiling other readers, I have added two warnings to a large paragraph of my review to avoid spoiling you. Read at your own risk!

Not long ago, I was given the c
Cold Brew Reads
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There’s so much that could go wrong with a sequel, particularly when the first installment sets up a wider world for the story and higher stakes the way Sacrificed did so compellingly. So the thrill of Forsworn is in part the deftness with which the author’s realized the promises she set up for us in the series opener.

What’s so special about Forsworn, though, is everything new. This installment handles magnificently the tricky balancing act that is the art of following up a strong, self-possesse
Barbara
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-novels
Forsworn, the second volume in The Last Oracle series (after Sacrificed), is another great, suspenseful, emotionally rich story centered on Clio—a powerful young woman with deeply felt loyalties who is gifted/burdened with visions of the future.

What makes Forsworn so great are many elements also present in Sacrificed: first and foremost Clio, simply an awesome female central character; distinct supporting characters with their own strengths, challenges, and charms; a distinctive Mesoamerican-esq
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4 ★
I liked this book as much as the first one, if not even more.
It starts a year after we last saw Clio in the last book. When we first see her again in this book she seems darker, even more serious than in the last book. Hardened by all she went through. Though she is not cowering in a corner not she is fighting. She is a warrior through and through in all aspects.

You can find my full review here:
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Ashley Earley
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
This cover looks better in person than it does online! I think it's one of the coolest book covers on my shelf!

I bought the book without reading the summary because I was just too excited about getting it. I read the summary when it came in and was shocked to find that the book is set a year after ending of the first book (Sacrificed). I immediately started panicking because that meant that Clio hadn't seen Riece in a year and that was not okay for me.

And, speaking of Riece, let's focus on him f
Amanda (Orandi et Legendi)
I adored Sacrificed when I read it earlier this year. I could hardly wait until Forsworn came out. Now, after reading Forsworn I really want the next book as well. This was such a good book!

Forsworn starts a year after Sacrificed ended. Clio and Derik are defending Sheehan from hordes of Untouched who have been at the gates for a year. Clio is no longer the scared girl pushing her visions away. Instead she is a hardened warrior using her visions to guide her city’s army.

Clio rescued three girls
Rikke
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't have to read many pages before remembering why I adored book 1, Sacrificed. Wibberley does a fine job meriting her choice of heroine/protagonist, and making her part believable. Clio has grown between the end of the first book and the beginning of this one, obviously, since a year has passed, but still! She is accepting her duty, if not embracing it, *sigh*, and she is no crybaby either, having managed to prove herself worthy of her fellow warriors' acceptance.

Being a romantic fantasy,
Nicole
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is the second in a series, and it is essential that you begin with Sacrificed for this book to make sense. Sacrificed left me a little deflated and a lot expectant, so I was happy to finally get my hands on the sequel. I was a little surprised by Clio who seems battle hardened and calculating when this book opens. She isn't the girl who ran from her fate in the first book, and that seems to be one of the major internal and ext ...more
Nicole
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Forsworn!!! I got a chance to read an ARC of this book. It's will be released on july 21st and it's the second book in the The Last Oracle series. The first book is Sacrificed. It's an amazing fantasy ya series, with wonderful characters, especially the girls in the book are so bad-ass.

So on to the review, it's a bit spoileryespecially since it's the second book in the series but oh well, I can't help myself.

Most of the time when I truly love the first book, there is a 99.9% chance that I will
Kendall Berg
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was wonderful (although not quite as great as the first one) but I found myself confused for the firs 75 pages wondering why Riece and her were at odds.

Like the jealousy part I get...

jealousy

But the hatred...seems...forced really.

And poor Prince Derik - he loves her so but he just never measures up. We love you but we love Riece more. And so does Clio.

This book takes us much closer to the truth though and we leave the book with a better sense of closure than we had in book one.

I will admit tha
Tamara
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Forsworn is the second book in "The Last Oracle" series by Emily Wibberley and readers who liked the first book will also like the second one. I loved the first book, because it was well written and has a different setting than other books. The second book is just as well written as the first, but I did not like it as much. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I was never hooked to the story as with the first one. The pacing is fast and the reader learns more about the history of the oracles ...more
Kimberly Vanderbloom
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a show stopping book. I loved the sequel even more than the first book which is really rare for me. Clio is almost like a new character. She has embraced her destiny and willing to try it a new way. It was a great change of pace. It was interesting to see the Clio develop but I missed her from the first book. You do get to see glimpses of the old Clio. I was pretty much on the fence after the first book whether I was team Derik or Riece. I have decided I am totally team Riece. I love how ...more
Cas
~I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review~

Wow. I loved Sacrificed, and I definitely loved Forsworn. At first, I was rather shocked by the Clio vs. Riece feud, but I got over it with them.

Emily Wibberley is a very skilled writer. She reveals so much more as Forsworn reaches it's ending, and I love all the revelations and secrets brought into light as well as the mystery that accompanies them.

I definitely admire Clio. She is stubborn, brave, and will do anything for the people's sh
Natalie (the Voracious Reader)
I so did not see any of that coming! I loved Sacrificed and to return to this world just made be really happy. From the characters to the setting to the plot, every page kept me hooked throughout the story. I wasn't sure how this was going to top Sacrificed in any way but it did and I loved every single minute of it! Emily Wibberley is an amazing author who gave us such an amazing series!
Elin Helmersson
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I cant even wait to get my hands on the third book in this series. I loved it! ...more
Janeal Falor
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thought the first one was amazing, but this one was even better. A fantastic story with twists and turns. I can't wait to see what happens in the third book!
Faith
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating 4.5

Full Review Coming To The Blog On The 22nd.

(YAY FOR THE FORSWORN BLOG TOUR!)
Tinnie
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an improvement from the previous book which I read 2 years ago and completely forgotten.

Fortunately this was filled with enough action and adventure that I managed to pick up the story again without the need to re-read the 'The Last Oracle' (though I needed to read a few reviews with spoilers to recap what happened). The ending is much more satisfying and I'm inspired to continue on with the next book.
Sonja
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
No matter how frustrated I got with Clio (she really drove me nuts with so many of her decisions) or with what was going on between her and Riece, the story was great enough to hold me and wanting more. Something was always happening plus we learn a lot more about the history of the Oracles and their deities. And at the end we get a pretty interesting surprise about Clio's mother.

Much like the first book though, I still had a hard time remembering how young Clio is sometimes. She has changed a l
Pandora Nyx

"Sometimes I look at you, and I still see my Clio. But I have to remind myself that she was never real -only made up of your lies."
Lets take a moment to appreciate that cover!!! Love the badass chic warrior on it and it sure does represent Clio, our leading lady to the fullest in this story!

Now, this is one of my favorite series of 2015 from the debut Author Emily Wibberley. I was honored to receive book two for my honest review. (Thank you!) If you haven't read book one, it is a must! (review
Heather
You can also find this review on my blog: Wings of Nephilim

Favorite Quote:

"Bravery is looking at the world around you, and seeing each moment for what it is- a choice."

Just like the original book, I should have read this much sooner than I actually got around to it. I had already bought the last book in the series (Divined) before I even started this. But after reading the first one I knew I'd have to know how this story finishes out. My plan is to read Divined next on my kindle. Now I can't tak
Lele
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
MsArdychan
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recently, I was able to read an advanced copy of Forsworn, the sequel to Emily Wibberley’s book, Sacrificed. Often times, the second book in a series doesn’t live up to the first. But I would say in the case of Forsworn, it far exceeds the original.

The story takes place a year later from the end of Sacrificed. The main character, Clio, has fought in many battles and is now a seasoned warrior. She is also (secretly) the Oracle. Using visions of the future provided by the Deities, Clio fights to
Mandy
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2015-release, fantasy, ya
Forsworn was a delight to read. As someone who's been struggling to find a plot that captivates me long enough recently, Wibberley provided me with the perfect place to dive back into books.

Clio, continuing from Sacrificed, is still the strong, spitfire, headstrong girl she was. I loved seeing how accepting the mantle of the Oracle changed her, and it was great to see her relationship with Derik evolve and change.
Most important to me, though, was see Clio flourish on her own. Yes, she is pining
Shanice
Oct 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first one. Extremely better, aside from the bickering couple.

Forsworn brought up front and center to what exactly the Oracle is, and what being one meant. It brought a challenge to Clio’s identity, and some clarity on her family. Her character development fascinates me, but it doesn’t come as close to how excited I get when a fight scene starts up. It’s ruthless, brutal, and always has been holding my breath.

If it isn’t that, I’m gasping from all the twist and turns Wibberl

• Link (The Shadow of Light, #1)
  • Chains of Water and Stone (The Griever's Mark #2)
  • Descent (Strangers of Paragor, #2)
  • Birth of the Guardian: The Eighth Dragon
  • Princess of Egypt (The Mummifier's Daughter #2)
  • One For Sorrow (The Veil, #5.5)
  • Astarte's Wrath (Kythan Guardians)
  • Broken Stone (Souls of the Stones, #3)
  • Of Starlight (Translucent, #2)
  • Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria, #2)
  • Queen of Chaos (The Fourth Element, #3)
  • An Oath of the Blood (Island Shifters, #1)
  • Under Camelot's Banner (The Paths to Camelot, #3)
  • Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)
  • Smoked (Scorched, #3)
  • Time Heist (Firstborn Saga #1)
  • Thorn Fall (Rust & Relics, #2)
  • City of Wind (Steel and Fire, #4)
Emily Wibberley grew up in Southern California, but instead of working on her nonexistent tan at the beach, she spent her time reading, making music and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Shortly after falling for her best friend, Austin Siegemund-Broka, she attended Princeton University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2014 with a degree in Psychology. She and Austin now live and write YA co

The Last Oracle (3 books)
  • Sacrificed (The Last Oracle, #1)
  • Divined (The Last Oracle, #3)