Start by marking “Binge” as Want to Read:
Binge

Binge

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  18,648 ratings  ·  1,878 reviews
Pop culture phenomenon, social rights advocate, and the most prominent LGBTQ+ voice on YouTube, Tyler Oakley brings you his first collection of witty, personal, and hilarious essays written in the voice that’s earned him more than 10 million followers across social media.
Published October 20th 2015 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Binge, please sign up.
Mia Ogilby This is so sad that it must only be for America... I'm in Australia, I'm sorry for every one else who was as excited as I was...
Maddy Bailey You can find it on Amazon.com or you can go to any Barnes and Nobles or Target Store.. and if for some reason you don't have those in your country you…moreYou can find it on Amazon.com or you can go to any Barnes and Nobles or Target Store.. and if for some reason you don't have those in your country you can order them from several different websites

HERE ARE SOME LINKS IN WHICH YOU CAN ORDER 'Binge'

I'm currently reading, just have to say its very impacting but hilarious at the same time.(less)

·  18,648 ratings  ·  1,878 reviews

Start your review of Binge
Whitney Atkinson
3.5

I'm veeerrryyy torn about this book... My biggest advice would probably be, don't look into this book unless you reeeally like Tyler Oakley. The writing in this book makes it seem like he's narrating this to a 12 year-old who's obsessed with him. It's not necessarily condescending, but he narrates his life very . . . I don't even know. Entitled. Along with that, the writing itself isn't the absolute best, and many times is a bit corny. He writes exactly how he speaks in his videos-- slang and
There are very few YouTube channels I follow and Tyler Oakley's isn't one of them. It's not because I don't like him though...I just never heard of him before. I know, where have I been hiding???

While waiting for my next library hold, I saw Binge was readily available via audio. It was categorized as humor so why wouldn't I read something mood lifting? I ended up really liking it...and really liking Tyler. From my reading experience, I can honestly say Tyler's book is enjoyable whether you are
Shannon (leaninglights)
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tyler is unwavering in his honesty and his truth. A few stories were a bit much for me (I'm old) but overall I really enjoyed this book. Laughed and smiled a lot. If you are a Tyler fan, this is definite must read!
Hailey
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-a-copy, lgbtq
No words. Probably one of the best books I've read this year, not gonna lie.
♫✯Em loves Hollenstein✯♫❤the summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation❤
ASDFGHJKL OCTOBER?????!!!!!!! ASDFHFJ DBSHBSS HDN I NEED THIS BOOOK MORE THAN I NEED OXYGEN. SERIOUSLY. ASHRJNHEHEHSUJWMWMDI

UPDATE: READ
This book was hilarious. It was sad, it was heartwarming and inspiring.
Caz (littlebookowl)
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
4.5 stars!
LOVE LOVE LOVED this book. I listened to the audiobook, which I would highly recommend. Tyler narrates it himself and it was so wonderful.
Paige  Bookdragon
Oct 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, humor, read-2015
The rectum is a grand thing.

I'm not a fan of Tyler and I'm also not a hater. I've heard of him, yes, but I never followed him on social media because:

1. I don't have twitter because who am I going to tweet and what am I going to say?

I'm off to @Starbucks, guys! #frappe #latte

Please. I'd rather dieeee.

description

and 2. I mostly watch funny cats in youtube, and Tyler doesn't have those.

But I bought his book and decided to read it because if I can buy pervy books, why not buy funny books like this?
Booknut
Tyler Oakley is already one of the most beautiful human beings on the planet.
But Binge takes your love for him to a whole new level. It's a bundle of refreshing honesty, laugh-your-head-off comedy, and heartfelt pearls of wisdom that is hard to put down.

The best part? The personal feel of it all - it's almost as personal as watching one of his videos. Reading this book feels like you're delving into someone else's mind, thoughts...their life. Never one to sugarcoat, Tyler writes about the g
sofia (sam willows)
2.5 - pretty average, but enjoyable

This was a sweet, fun read. You can definitely identify Tyler's sass, and that makes it really fun, but sometimes he tries to hard to be insightful on life even though he is still on his 20's.
Review soon :)
Mrs.Morgan
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was relatively interesting how I came by this book: my students were involved in a biography unit and I kept hearing Tyler Oakley's name come up and seeing his book carried about. When I asked a few kids about it, they raved about him. (There are fewer ways to make me feel old and not nearly as cool as I used to be than to start talking about some YouTube sensation that I have never seen or heard of .. [what is the point of YouTube anyway?!]).

Anyway, I knew I needed to acquire this book t
Theresa
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed learning more about Tyler! He is one of my favorite Youtubers! I definitely recommend this if you watch his videos or even if you don't he definitely talks about some important stuff in here. It's a great mixture of seriousness and humor and he writes really well! It was my first time reading a memoir and I really enjoyed it!
Nina
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
I'm usually not really interested in reading books written by youtubers but I found this book at a used book store and thought I'd give it a try. I used to absolutely love Tyler's youtube videos and even though I wasn't interested in the ones he's uploaded for the past year, I still think he's an amazing person with a great character! After finishing this book I can now say that I definitely didn't regret buying it and would've even payed the full price for it. It's a lovely compilation of inter ...more
Constantine
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: x-4-star, z2020-01
Rating: 4.0/5.0

Genre:
Nonfiction + Memoir

If you like Tyler Oakley then you should read his memoir. His words have his personality. That lively, vibrant and full of color personality can be seen right from the cover and also inside the book. Tyler tells us about his childhood, family, coming out story, his career prior to Youtube and his Youtube career.

This was a fun read. I did not know who Oakley was two years ago. They say that his personality used to be a little different a few years ago and
Abby
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: memoir, owned
Tyler Oakley’s debut memoir Binge brings readers behind the camera of his popular YouTube videos. We learn about his childhood, his rankings of Disney Prince hottness, and the wild ride he’s had since hitting Youtube fame– and more! The chapters of Binge could all stand on their own as essays, but are woven together over the course of the book to give readers the perfect mix of raw honesty and hilarious absurdity.

I am in awe at the impressive levels of internal and external reflections with whic
Daniella
Nov 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This is weird because not only am i totally not a tyler oakley fan (what does he even do?? he only ever puts up Q&As??) but i don't like books written by youtubers nor do i want to support that. You're in your mid twenties and you wrote a memoir...you're not even near being done with life. But i found the audiobook free on youtube and I can't pass up on audiobooks read by the author.

1) I naturally demote any memoir that contains stupid lists that are the equivalent of anime filler episodes. We k
Tan Markovic
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
2/5 crappy stars.

Listened to via Scribd!

I used to watch Tyler Oakley's channel what feels like a million years ago.
Unlilke some YouTubers who have grown with their audience, Tyler Oakley definitely did not.
That coupled with his stupid tweets a couple of years ago was probably a winning combination in his popularity declining.

This was an OK read.

It was interesting to hear his coming out story and his experience with eating disorders.
I think that his lack of sense of humour really just had me bore
Gergana
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I guess I should mention that I love Youtube (and the internet as a whole). I follow Book channels, Art channels, Spirituality, Business, Movies and I think a lot of people will agree - it's far better than watching the TV! But apart from the occasional PewdiePie video, I don't really know much about the celebrities on the network.

Do you need to be a Tyler Oakley fan in order to enjoy his book?
Short answer - No. I've only seen a couple of his videos prior to reading his book (and a few more af
Courtney ♡ librarycutie
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks, 2015, memoirs
review on blog: https://librarycutie.wordpress.com/20...

If you’ve been following me on Instagram or Twitter then you know i’ve been in a really depressing book slump for the past few months so i’ve decided to listen to Tyler Oakley’s new book Binge, narrated by the queen himself. Saying I loved it is definitely an understatement. It was phenomenal! Tyler, you’ve not only booted my sad emotions to being more happier and positive, but i’m also considering buying your book too, just to have in case
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
I read this book for the BookTubeAThon 2017 (Challenge #3: Read about a character that is very different from you)

"When life throws a wrench in your plans, catch it and build an IKEA bookshelf."

Tyler seriously cannot disappoint me!

When this book was announced and, later, when it actually came out in print, I had my mind set on getting a physical copy of it. And then other things came between me and actually getting the damn book. So I decided to listen to it as an audio book instead.

I WAS NO
Ioana
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am more of a casual Tyler Oakley fan. I watch his videos from time to time, I enjoy them most of the time but I can't say I adooooooore him.

Having said that, I really really really liked this book. I think a big part in me liking it so much is the fact that I actually listened to it. And I think that is the best way to experience this "story". Tyler narrates it of course and that's what made it for me. It feels just like listening to one of his videos: it's fun and energetic, sometimes emotio
Dani
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This was an amazing book. It was hilarious, funny and yet it still managed to make me cry. I feel a lot closer to Tyler now than ever imaginable and this is one of the best Youtuber books I've read - although I only want to ever read a selective few. I would recommend this to anyone, it's like all of his videos in a book.

I loved it so much and I recommend it to anyone who sees this review - please pick it up!
Dante Love Fisher
Jan 03, 2016 marked it as to-read
I have to admit that if Tyler Oakley was maybe 10, 15 years older? I'd be all over that.

Yeah. You heard me, Tyler.
Peter Monn
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
He just might be the next David Sedaris. Check out my full review on my Booktube channel at http://YouTube.com/peterlikesbooks ...more
Mary
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
my excitement for this book is unbelievable oh PLEASE
Yvonne (bookishpanda)

I've loved Tyler ever since I saw one of his videos on Youtube. There's just something so incredibly captivating about him ... he's adorable, funny and besides that he's also very inspiring and creative. This book proves just as much - he shares intimate stories with his readers/viewers and talks openly about the things he learned in life. His school time, relationships, casual hook-ups, his internet presence, different jobs he's had over the years and so much more.

I have to admit, I never r
frankie
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Queen Tyler seriously never fails to disappoint me. Like really, I can't think of a time when he has failed to make me laugh and fall on the floor clutching my stomach.
What a great way to start the new year! I have been in a reading slump for 4 months and the new year has made me want to pick up all my unread books at once and just read them all. Of course that's quite impossible so I had to just pick one.
Clearly I picked Binge and it was a very good decision. I initially thought this would be
monica kim
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would say this book is primarily for fans of Tyler Oakley. The format isn't anything new (standard celebrity memoir style featuring vignettes and lists) and the writing isn't groundbreaking. However, as a longtime fan, I really enjoyed the read! I went into it expecting a Tyler vlog in book form, but it's so much more emotional and relatable and interesting than that (but don't worry, there are still lots of funny parts too). Also, the book is a huge reminder that even if you've followed someo ...more
Erin Calder
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve just read the final sentence of my signed copy of Binge, and put down said book for the first time since picking it up. What better time to write a book review than seconds after finishing the book, with tear-tracks still noticeable on your face and a distinct aching in your heart?

Tyler Oakley is someone who means a lot to me, as his shared video experiences have helped me vastly throughout the (roughly) three years I have been watching his content. Thanks to the wonderful online community
Linda
I am not the target audience. I'm a middle aged computer professional who does not follow anyone on youTube or Twitter. I had never heard of Tyler Oakley.

My daughter, however, spends a great deal of her free time watching YouTube. When I have watched some of the shows she watches, I generally find them insipid and annoying. (I won't name names.)

This is the second YouTuber book she's asked to read. I decided to read (listen to) it along with her.

My first thought is, this is totally inappropriate
2018 Beyond the C...: Book Review #2 1 1 Jun 06, 2018 07:10PM

• You Deserve a Drink: Boozy Misadventures and Tales of Debauchery
  • Dan and Phil Go Outside
  • Note to Self
  • Grace & Style: The Art of Pretending You Have It
  • Username: Evie (Username, #1)
  • My Drunk Kitchen: A Guide to Eating, Drinking, and Going with Your Gut
  • Caspar Lee
  • Selp-Helf
  • I've Got This Round
Michigan native and pop-culture tastemaker Tyler Oakley has amassed more than 21 million social media followers through his humorous, no-holds-barred YouTube videos, high-profile interviews, and social rights advocacy. After uploading his first video eight years ago, Oakley took the Internet by storm. With successes ranging from interviews with First Lady Michelle Obama and boy band One Direction; ...more

News & Interviews

“This is why homophobia is a terrible evil: it disguises itself as concern while it is inherently hate.” 83 likes
“When life throws a wrench in your plans, catch it and build an IKEA bookshelf.” 35 likes