Start by marking “A Will and a Way” as Want to Read:
A Will and a Way

A Will and a Way

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  3,339 Ratings  ·  165 Reviews
It was worse than winning the lottery--much worse. This bequest might mean more money, but the strings attached had Pandora McVie tied up in knots. Respecting Uncle Jolley's last wishes meant spending time isolated in the Catskills with Michael Donahue, her least favorite--though best looking--distant relative and co-beneficiary.

Living with a carrot-topped termagant wasn't
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #345, 250 pages
Published November 28th 1986 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about A Will and a Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Will and a Way

Lauren
A Will and A Way
3.5 Stars

When her beloved uncle Jolley dies, Pandora is not only devastated but also furious as the eccentric old coot has left her his entire fortune with one condition … she must share it with Michael Donahue, a distant cousin by marriage who has always been her nemesis. Michael is none to happy to learn that he will have to spend six months in close quarters with the one woman who rubs him the wrong way … or is it that they rub each other the right way?

Michael and Pandora have
Soraia
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Such a basic story. I read it in a couple of hours
Andreia Silva
Pandora e Michael conhecem-se desde sempre uma vez que são primos afastados e foram os únicos a contactar com o tio abastado e dono de um património grande. Quando morre, deixa um testamento peculiar para a maioria da família (que não acha lá muita piada) e uma exigência aos dois: viverem 6 meses na casa que ambos tão bem conhecem.

Ora, como é óbvio, eles não acham muita graça a isso mas, como gostam muito da casa e não a querem perder para ninguém, entram no esquema. E pouco a pouco lá se vão to
Thebookofmama
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
vraiment un super livre je lis très peu de contemporain mais avec les fêtes qui arrive j'avais envie de lire un livre qui se passe pendant noël je l'ai lu en a peine un jour c'était vraiment addictifs je ne voulais pas m'arrêter en plus de l'histoire d'amour il y a un petit mystère a élucidé ceatut pas mal du tout en sachant que ça fait un mois que je suis sur heartless de marissa meyer et que je narriveais plus à lire ça ma remis dans al lecture
Chrys
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining read! Michael and Pandora have never had anything in common besides loving their Uncle Jolly, an old millionaire who loves pranks and having a good laugh. So when Uncle Jolly dies and leaves them a fortune on the condition that they live together for six months, Michael and Pandora find themselves trapped together in a situation they could have never foreseen. But when bickering transforms into attraction, they start wondering whether Uncle Jolly had planned for them a future t ...more
Ann
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading challenge #24 A book set during Christmas

A Will and a Way was a nice and enjoyable book. Pandora and Michael, distant relatives, lose their beloved uncle but inherit his manor and a lot of money if they manage to live together for six months.

They have known each other since they were little, for some reason they annoy each other. During the six months Pandora and Michael get to know each other in more intimate basis and of course realise they have loved one another for years.

Other rela
Maria
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-2012
This is an interesting story about two people who 'hate' each other (but probably conveniently play off each other instead). They get stuck in the same huge mansion for six months to save said mansion from their power/wealth-hungry relatives. It's an interesting story, and I like Nora Roberts' style, but it wasn't the best book.

At the time though, it was a great way to get my mind off my 'harder' books, and it was available. I needed a romance at the time. It wasn't frothy like a lot of the thin
Susan
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read and I started off okay with it, but I really had trouble with the hero and heroine being cousins and having a relationship. I may have been able to get past them being cousins by marriage, but all throughout the book they kept calling each other "cousin" and the kissing cousin thing creeped me out. A lot. I stuck it out because I really hate giving up on books. It's doubtful I would have gone three stars even without that. It was fast and easy, but not certainly not fabulou ...more
Sue
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense
3.5

Two strong, opinionated people are forced by a stipulation in a will to spend six months together, will they make it? Will they fall in love? I think it's obvious but then again this genre is not known for surprises but then again we do enjoy the journey.

This journey was quite good and the dialog was fun.
Gaysel
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was not spectacular but it certainly wasn't boring either. It kept me wanting to read more and I was also a little 'scared' at times for Pandora. A good read.
Carla Ramos
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
3,5

Não gostei particularmente das personagens, pareceram-me sempre distantes, a parte do mistério acabou por ser a mais interessante :)
Vicki
Sweet and simple.
Kasey Riley
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed A Will and a Way...but it seemed to drag in spots and was kind of predictable in other spots. Overall, I would recommend it to readers who really enjoy Nora Roberts...it is so much in her style and well written overall. Very well edited as a traditionally published work would be expected to be and enjoyable reading.
Tracy Kimpton
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. Nora Roberts at her best, it was exciting, gripping and a lot of fun. it had me gripped from the first page all the way to the end. I loved the Hero and Heroine and the supporting characters' very much. I would highly recommend this book.
Rita
Jun 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rather boring thus why I didn't try the other book contained in this one
Mary Humphries
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts

A charming book. Entertaining with two strong characters. This book was Recommended by my sister who is also an avid reader
Rhonda
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, 2017-read
Decent, fairly predicable about two people who think they hate each other who are forced to live together for six months to get their inheritance from their favorite uncle.
tracy kimpton
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

It has everything you would expect from Nora Roberts. It is thrilling, witty, action packed and fantastic. I loved it
Clare
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an OK filler read. Didn't really need to think while reading it, but it pasted a couple of hours for me.
Cheryl Martin
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and fun read

I have had a very trying summer and fall so this book was especially enjoyable to me. I will make sure my daughter reads it
Dpic
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
enjoyable
Tami Winbush
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of the better books I've read of hers lately. It has a tad bit of mystery woven into the story which hasn't been in the latest batch I've been reading.
John  R Bergh
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

This was a relaxing fun read. Once again amazing dialog, I found myself laughing out loud a few times. Funny story line too.
Alex
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ganz nette Unterhaltung, gut für ein amüsantes Leseerlebnis zwischen allen Fachbüchern.
Die Geschichte ist natürlich genauso wie man erwartet und das Ende erinnert dann an Agatha Christie. Aber es sind spannende Charaktere in den Büchern angelegt, denen man gerne folgt.
Gute Unterhaltung - passt!
Evelina
I picked up A Will and a Way at a yard sale years and years ago, and it’s one of those books that I don’t regret buying used, but I would never have bought new.

I am not going to lie; this is not in any way a masterpiece. It’s also not as horrible as one would assume. I actually think it’s pretty okay.

Once the story gets going it’s fairly engaging. I have to admit that love stories where the characters initially dislike each other is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, even if this one isn’t as w
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1986
Length: 257 pages
Setting: Contemporary. Rural New York.
Sex: Over-written 80s, infrequent.
Hero: Script writer, particularly for a tv police drama.
Heroine: Jewellery designer and maker.

Once more we have independent main characters who respect each other’s space but work better side-by-side. A light mystery as we try to work out who is out to get them coupled with a love-hate relationship of the MCs. Plenty of plot holes. Some ridiculous characters with odd
Romanticdryad
While they don't think much of each other Pandora McVie and her cousin-by-marriage Michael have long been the only reasonable companions to Pandora's eccentric and rich Uncle Jolley. Now that Uncle Jolley is dead, he wills his estate to the two of them so long as they manage to live together in the place for six months.

This is a mid range offering from Nora Roberts. There are no real suprises in the plot or the characters but the way the story played out was enjoyable and the main characters wer
Barb in Maryland
One of Nora's oldies--first published in 1986.

Easy going, pleasant read. A good romance, an interesting bit of mystery, likable main characters. Not a bad way to spend an hour or so.

fairly standard plot--eccentric (and very very rich)relative leaves bulk of his estate to our hero and heroine(distant cousins) provided they both live in the mansion for the next six months. Of course they can't stand each other at the outset. Of course the other relatives do their best to sabotage the arrangement.
Fanny Roswita Ria
Berawal dari surat wasiat Paman Joelley, sosok yang sangat dikagumi oleh hero dan heroine yang mengharuskan mereka untuk tinggal di rumah pamannya selama 6 bulan untuk yg menjadi syarat utama dalam mendapatkan wasiat mereka berdua dengan kalimat utamanya "berbagilah sama rata, berbagilah dengan adil"

Dari awal hero dan heroine ini sangat bertolak belakang, selalu penuh panah sindir menyindir akan masing2 profesi mereka sendiri kalo tdk ada paman Joelley yg jadi penengah maka pertengkaran kecil me
Komal Nadeem
Jul 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ones who spat at each other should be married - Norah Roberts, A Will and A Way

The moment Pandora encountered Micheal for the first time, I was hooked to this book. I read it years ago, but the fragrance of fresh and brutally honest love that I got from this novel is still with me. I do not like love stories because I read a lot them and somehow I did feel that Norah followed the theme of Judith McNaught in which protagonists hate each other at first but eventually fall in love. But perha
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Ready for Romance
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)
  • His Expectant Ex (The Landis Brothers, #2)
  • Alma Rebelde
  • Baby at His Convenience
  • The Unclaimed Baby (and Baby Makes Three: The Next Generation)
  • Played (Deception Series, #2)
  • Escape from Cabriz
  • Sheikh's Convenient Bride (O'Connells, #4)
  • As Gotas de um Beijo
  • Her Stolen Past
  • Breathless for the Bachelor (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Stolen Baby, #4)
  • A Dream Came True (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • He Could Be the One
  • In the Barrister’s Chambers (Regency Barrister, #1)
  • The Disobedient Bride (Hawk's Way #8)
  • Knot Guilty (Crochet Mystery, #9)
More about Nora Roberts...