Start by marking “Rachel's Deception (Temptation, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rachel's Deception (Temptation, #4)

Rachel's Deception (Temptation #4)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
"I loved joining Rose and Noah during their journey in the Temptation series by Karen Hopkins."-Katie McGarry, acclaimed YA author

Growing up Amish is difficult…but leaving it behind is even harder.

Noah was Amish...Rose wasn't. Being together should have been impossible. But somehow they found a way to make it work. They are finally a family, but their happily-ever-after i
Published May 8th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Rachel's Deception, please sign up.
Karen Hopkins Hi Aspie Author! Yes, this book takes place a few months after Forever ends :) This might just be my favorite book in the series! It will be out on…moreHi Aspie Author! Yes, this book takes place a few months after Forever ends :) This might just be my favorite book in the series! It will be out on May 19th(less)

Sandra "Jeanz"
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
As soon as I heard there was going to be a book 4 in the Temptation Series, I immediately yearned to read it! I needed to know what was going on in the Meadowview Amish community, how my favourite characters were doing as well as what was happening to those characters I disliked too. So this book was instantly positioned near the top of my ever lengthening wishlist. To say I am looking forward to reading this book is kind of an understatement!

MY REVIEW
I received an e-copy of this
Michelle Arrow
This review can also be found on A Thousand Lives Lived, check it out for more reviews!

*3.5 star rating*

Well, I must say that it's been a serious knack of a while since I've read a book like this. Okay, it's been a long time, and since the third book in the Temptation series, I haven't read a book dealt with Amish people and romance like this. Rachel's Deception was a fresh wave of romance, loss and trying to hide from inequality. Everyone would love this, fans of the previous novels or not. T
Lindy
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lindy's Thoughts:

I have been following the Temptation Series from the very beginning! This series is so unique, and different from anything else that I have read, and I love it! Learning about different cultures has always been a passion of mine, and the Amish culture is extremely fascinating. Ms. Hopkins creates an authentic experience for the reader, as we are immersed in a world were different societal views, norms, rules, and ways of doing things is vastly different from our own.

In Rachel's
Lauren
Oh, how I missed Rose and Noah! I thought that I was ok with closing the book (haha, no pun intended) on Rose and Noah’s story but I didn’t realize how much I wanted to know how they were doing until I opened Rachel’s Deception! Not only do we get to see them again, but all of the beloved (and not so loved) characters of the previous books.

I was thrilled to see that even though this book is about Rachel, there is again multiple points of views including Rose and Justin as well. Rachel always see
RO Mejia
Ro's Take on this Journey:

Rachel's Deception, by Karen Ann Hopkins, is the continuing Amish Saga, in the Temptation Series, #4. In Rachel's Deception, we get the story of a tormented young girl, Rachel, the younger sister of Noah. Rachel has demons that haunt her every thought, to the point that she must anesthetize herself to drown out her night terrors. She tries to live in a deluge of liquor, rebelliousness, and danger. She doesn't ever worry enough to stop the quandaries she puts herself int
Alyssa hoffmaster
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Read more reviews here

I have reviewed all three of the first books in the series and I fell in love with everything. The writing, the Amish lifestyle, the storyline and the action that came with and I thought that the 3rd book in the series would be the last one and I got sad knowing there was no more of Rose and Noah's story. There was so much I wanted to know yet. I wished for just a little bit more of there life and when Karen announced that there would be another book I fangirled a little b
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tours
When I found out there was going to be another book in this series I literally squealed out loud. I just love this series and the characters.

From the first page I was swept away, it was so wonderful jumping back into the Amish community. This story follows Rachel, Noah's little sister. She's hit a rebellious stage and starts sneaking out with some English friends and partying till all hours of the morning.

If you've read the other books in the series, you'll know that it's about Rose and Noah's
Opal Dickerson
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I was swept up and taken in my the story plot........line after line , I felt myself so drawn in at times that I could vividly see the story play out in front of me! Entertaining and with experiences so true to life. I have to say Karen Hopkins is on the cutting edge and leading the way in realistic writings involving the Amish communities. Again, I find myself saying: " I can hardly wait for the next book"!
May Mast
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun read. Kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through. I am happy to admit that even as the fourth book in this trilogy, it still contains the wow factor the first one did. Highly recommend!
Raymond deal
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still good to read.

Intriguing, holds your attention, the subject matter is is pretty well thought out. The ending leaves room for speculation. I've never seen a Mustang with back doors through?😊
Cheryl Summers
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Decepection

I loved this series ,don't know if I can wait til next year for the conclusion.
But I will try
Andrea at Reading Lark
*3.5 Rating
Review Posted on Reading Lark 5/26/15: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2015/...

I have been a huge fan of Rose and Noah since the very beginning. I assumed that their story ended with Forever, but I was ecstatic to see a fourth novel in this series pop up. In spite of this one being called Rachel's Deception, I held out hope that there would be plenty of Rose and Noah in this one. I wasn't disappointed on that front.

There will be spoilers for the previous novels in this review so trea
Joli
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating 4.5 of 5

I'm so happy to have the opportunity to revisit the characters of the Temptation series and the community of Meadowview. Although I was satisfied with the final book, Forever, of the then trilogy, I was saddened to be leaving the characters behind. So I was thrilled when I learned that the series would continue and this time the main focus was on Noah's younger sister, Rachel.

Like the other books in the series, Rachel's Deception is told from alternating perspectives: Rachel Rose
Christy
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who reads my reviews knows how much I hate romance novels. I can barely stand the side romances in most YA novels period. But, the Temptation series has always drawn me in. Perhaps it's the forbidden love aspect, or the Amish culture. But, something about the series has always left me wanting more.

So I was excited about "Rachel's Deception".

Rose and Noah's story focused on, well Rose and Noah, and their romance.

But, "Rachel's Deception" is entirely different in that, instead of focusing o
Melissa
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although I've always been curious about the Amish culture, I haven't gravitated toward the fiction. Mostly because I don't know much about it so I may not know what is fact or fiction. However this story, while it felt fictional, also seemed to bring in some relevant topic concerning Amish women. It felt genuine and after reading the author's blog post (check out Wed's post on my blog HERE) I have to say that I also believe it was genuine. It makes sense that the women in a patriarchal and close ...more
Kristin
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Teresa Kander
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish-mennonite
This is my first book in the Temptation series. I was concerned that it might be difficult to follow along, but didn't have a problem at all. I'm planning to go back and read the first three, however, just because I enjoyed this one so much and would like to know everyone's full backstory before the fifth book comes out.

The cover is beautiful, and goes along with the others in the series. It doesn't give much of a clue to the story of Rachel, however.

After reading the prologue, you are well awar
Lisa
Sep 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Rachel's Deception was a much anticipated story for me. I adored the rest of the series but was very sad when I thought I was having to say goodbye to Noah and Rose and the rest. Readers should be warned, however, that this particular installment takes a bit of a dark turn and is quite a bit different in some regards than the rest of this series.

How does a young girl cope with all of the loss and turmoil after a family tragedy? How do you move forward and continue on being a good Amish girl afte
Miki (Aspie)
May 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I rate this book 2.5 stars out of 5

Okay I had really high hopes for this book and I must say I was rather disappointed.
Here are a few reasons why:
. Literally the temptation trilogy rolled into one book.
. Same love triangle only from an Amish POV
. SLOPPY EDITING

The ending did intrigue me though, I will give the author that but the rest of the book, I was shaking my head. The temptation trilogy will always be one of my favourite love stories, but this book sadly not. I enjoyed seeing more of Ros
Debbie Shawver
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You don’t know how happy I was when Karen said she was going to continue the Temptation Series.

I wanted to hear more of Noah and Rose’s story. And she delivered so much more. Though their love was hard one to fight for, Noah and Rose never gave up. Rachel’s Deception left off where Forever ended. So Noah and Rose’s journey continues.

Boy, I thought Levi was gone for good, but Rachel’s Deception started off with him. And he’s planning on something in prison to hurt Rose again. He’s up to no good.
Natasha
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
It was good to catch up with what was happening with Noah and Rose. I feel like this book has been left open to allow for another book. Rachel's story still seems unfinished. She is one very troubled teen living in the life of her Amish culture. Discovering the daily struggles she is facing after the death of her sister. Hopefully she works out what it is she truly wants out of her life.
Z
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
In which we learn that there are no consequences when you go and beat people to a pulp to protect your women as long as you're one of the good guys.
Kim
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Amish series

I'm always forgetting reviews. So I'm writing one. Thanks for the best Amish series. This was my first and can't wait to read more!
Chelsee Nelson
Jan 24, 2018
Tesawe
May 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Shattered by Fate (Fate's Path, #2)
  • Beholden to You (Redeeming Love, #1)
  • Mia and the Bad Boy (Backstage Pass #2)
  • The History of Us
  • The Promise of Palm Grove (Amish Brides of Pinecraft, #1)
  • Then, Again
  • Signs of Life (Rough Romance, #2)
  • The Wicked Awakening of Anne Merchant (The V Trilogy, #2)
  • Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (The One, #2)
  • The A-Word (Sweet Dead Life, #2)
  • More (Impossible Love, #2)
  • Control You (Coldcreek, #2)
  • The Bad Boy Billionaire's Wicked Arrangement (Bad Boys & Wallflowers, #1.5)
  • The Witnesses (Lancaster Burning #3)
  • Modern Monsters
  • The Rescued (Keepers of the Promise, #2)
  • This Summer
  • The Reality O
You can visit Karen Ann Hopkins at her website: www.karenannhopkins.com.

Karen Ann Hopkins resides in northern Kentucky with her family on a farm that boasts a menagerie of horses, goats, peacocks, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs, and cats. Karen’s main job is home schoo
More about Karen Ann Hopkins

Temptation (4 books)
  • Temptation (Temptation, #1)
  • Belonging (Temptation, #2)
  • Forever (Temptation, #3)