Start by marking “Job Interviews For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Job Interviews For Dummies

Job Interviews For Dummies

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  98 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Job interviews are crucial meetings that seal the deal on who gets hired. But, since the previous edition of Job Interviews for Dummies was published, everything about the interview process has changed in ways you need to know about and get comfortable with beforehand. This completely revised and updated 3rd Edition brings you fully up to speed with the latest technologica ...more
Published January 3rd 2008 by For Dummies (first published June 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Job Interviews For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Job Interviews For Dummies

Kacper
May 06, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
We'll see how helpful this book was pending the results of my job interview!!!

I didn't get the job -- this book stinks!
Angie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish there had been more than one little aside about what to do if you're really shy. Especially since the tip given isn't really applicable except in very specific situations.
Randy Daugherty
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Not as complete as you might like this book was very useful and offered some well apllied techniques.
I read this right before entering my interview just as a brush up and to use the waiting time up usefully.
As to whether it or not it worked? If the book is accurate then I would say I got the brush off if not then the interviewer hadn't read it as to the signals she was giving off, will see in a week.

Over all I found this to be very helpful and update and would recommend it as a read for those s
Elizabeth
Feb 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: career
Yup! I love the Dummies books - what can I say? I'm job hunting again and decided to polish my interview skills. What am I saying? I didn't have any interview skills. But I must admit that this book has given me a sense of confidence and an answer to the So, Tell Me about Yourself question and my favorite question: What is your 5-year plan.

I always recommend these Dummies books because the TOC are always very descriptive and it allows you to find the answers to specific questions you may have.
Adrienna
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I have the 4th education and unable to find on here so I picked this version since I am reading it before an interview tomorrow to see if it will help on things I have already learned or know. I need to land a job soon.

So far this book is already telling me things I already know...at the end, I was able to take some brief notes in my steno notebook (up to 4-5 pages)...somewhat useful for today interview.
Ilse
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Mensen zeggen weleens dat je gewoon jezelf moet zijn als je gaat solliciteren. Persoonlijk vind ik dat onzin; je speelt een rol. Dit boek heeft me goed geholpen omdat het zegt dat er inderdaad niet zoiets bestaat als 'jezelf zijno'. We spelen overal een rol. Je speelt je beste zelf.
Mike Walters
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hr-and-training
I actually read the 4th edition of this book. It was a lot better than some of the job interview books I have read recently. The tips were memorable and easy to remember when I was actually interviewing.
Amy
Jan 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, 2009
I learned A LOT from this book. Great insights. Highly recommended.
PWRL
Sep 05, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
A
Athina
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Practical and a great prep for young starters and the less youthful!
Lendoxia
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
It's ok, it has some useful advice, but I wish there was more versatility and advice for beginners. This to me is mostly about managers and similar type of jobs.
Heather
Again, not a fan of the series, but I did browse through the book.
toni daphne jones